New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Name That Feat

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Name That Feat

the one where you charge, and everyone gets an AOP on you including target, but your attack deals double damage.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Name That Feat

http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Feats.pdf

In the index, says charge-related combat feats can be found on page 35. I don't see that on there, but perhaps I'm missing something (or if you're making a character, perhaps you'll see something you like more)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

[/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm also looking for a feat similar to the one the OP is looking for. The feat allows you to make a full attack action when you charge (so you can use all your attacks if you have more then one.) My DM has assured em it exists. Any help?

Sorry for the threadjacking, but I figured it was a bit fo a waste just starting a new thread.

Thanks,
    Matthew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmw64 View Post
    I'm also looking for a feat similar to the one the OP is looking for. The feat allows you to make a full attack action when you charge (so you can use all your attacks if you have more then one.) My DM has assured em it exists. Any help?

Sorry for the threadjacking, but I figured it was a bit fo a waste just starting a new thread.

Thanks,
    Matthew
    It's called pounce, and there aren't any good feats for it. You can get it with a one level dip into barbarian with the lion totem (Complete Champion)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo_ View Post
    It's called pounce, and there aren't any good feats for it. You can get it with a one level dip into barbarian with the lion totem (Complete Champion)
    There's Dire Charge as well, which is an Epic feat.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    There's Dire Charge as well, which is an Epic feat.
    Which is precisely why I said there are no good feats for it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

There are a few other ways to get the same effect, too. Lion's Charge (a Druid 3 / Ranger 2 spell) grants Pounce. The Psywar psionic equivalent, Psionic Lion's Charge, is also quite good -- you manifest it as a swift action, it's cheap enough that you can use it every time the opportunity arises if you want, and you can also augment it to boost your damage on every hit.

Umm... in terms of feats that aren't any good, there's Lion's Pounce, which lets someone with the Wild Shape ability burn a Wild Shape usage to get pounce for one hour. Of course, since you could just Wild Shape into something that has Pounce and is also much much better at melee than you. There's also Catfolk Pounce, which basically gives you Pounce against flat-footed opponents only, but you have to be a Catfolk.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2008-04-05 at 07:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

oh...i thought this was a game to play not just a Q/A...oh well...
    *sulk*

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Snow Tiger Berzerker isn't too bad. Requires rage and has some Faerun-only fluff in the requirements, but only works with light weapons. Lion Tribe Warrior from Shining South is similar, but doesn't require rage.

You can also get Pounce with natural weapons (which would allow a Lawful monk to pick up Pounce at level 6) via Shape Soulmeld + Open Least Chakra (Sphynx Claws).