New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Moment of Alacrity question

Okay, I've been around the CO board lately and found that many people refered to this manoeuvre as granting an extra round. When I read the description it simply increasing your effective initiative count by 20. So, how does it work?
    Keith Baker, on the age of Erandis d'Vol:
    Spoiler
    Show

... The miniature of her certainly makes her look older, but personally I like young Erandis both on the basis that the purge of the line started before she could grow into her full powers, and also because it lets her and Jaela have a vicious catfight sometime.

Maybe I'm playing a wrong game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Moment of Alacrity question

Enemy Initiative: 20
    Your Initiative: 15

Enemy acts (let's say a charge).

You act, taking a full-round action and then using Moment of Alacrity to boost that initiative by 20. So next turn, the initiative runs:

Your Initiative: 35
    Enemy Initiative: 20

You go first this round; effectively, you've just acted twice in a row before things go back to normal (them, you, them, you). It's a once-per-encounter trick, and only works if you lost initiative to start with, but yes, you sort of can get an extra turn out of it.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Moment of Alacrity question

Oh well, so "a swordsage with Moment of Alacrity never runs out of manoeuvres" is a misguided comment then. I knew I couldn't believe everything I read in CO board. Anyway, cheers Snark.
    Keith Baker, on the age of Erandis d'Vol:
    Spoiler
    Show

... The miniature of her certainly makes her look older, but personally I like young Erandis both on the basis that the purge of the line started before she could grow into her full powers, and also because it lets her and Jaela have a vicious catfight sometime.

Maybe I'm playing a wrong game.