New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Question V:tM question. Do you guys know where I could find actual Antediluvians' specs?

Ok, I know that they are damn strong, and some of their backstory, but I don't know their actual spec. White Wolf did so f***ing nice job making me curious about some of their settings, but not giving enough explanation, or sources, or blurring all their damn thing, or spliting all their settings in completely different books, or just give me some kind of index so I just can find it myself!!!!

....ok, ok. Where was I? oh, anyone who knows Antediluvian specs, or where I could find it, please let me know. I'm most curious about Saulot, the mastermind, but some others like Zapathasura are still cool.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: V:tM question. Do you guys know where I could find actual Antediluvians' specs?

I'm pretty sure White Wolf never actually stated. them. The whole point was that the Antedeluvians were slumbering gods whose power was beyond the imagination of lesser creatures.
    They can do pretty much whatever you feel they should. To give you an idea of the scale these guys operate on there were hints of what they were up to scattered through the books about the final days. Suggesting Gangrel was planning to earth-meld with the earth's core and Tzimisce had grown to the size of new York while it was sleeping.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: V:tM question. Do you guys know where I could find actual Antediluvians' specs?

They're basically Plot Devices. Literally, that's the 10 dot power in every Discipline. "Can do anything this discipline could theoretically be used for" And I think every Antediluvian has 10s in at least a couple of disciplines.
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-04-18 at 10:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

AssassinGuy

Make sense, since Zapathasura did kind of "alter reality" on whole world with his "Plot Device" ability.

I just wanted to know Saulot's spec that beated like 6 other 3rds single-handedly, and some of others like Eldest or something.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Didn't one of OWoD's endings involve the gypsy Ante. waking up and attacking the planet? With like every European werewolf attacking him en masse while Mages bent sunlight around the globe to focus it on him so the werewolves could even hurt him?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TehJhu View Post
    Didn't one of OWoD's endings involve the gypsy Ante. waking up and attacking the planet? With like every European werewolf attacking him en masse while Mages bent sunlight around the globe to focus it on him so the werewolves could even hurt him?
    That would be Ravnos. He died before the end book came out. It took the Technocracy everything it had to kill him, and that involved several nukes. AS far as I know, there were no Werewolves involved.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Yup Ravnos rose in Shanghai and and required a load of Kue-Jin, the nastiest werewolf pack and Technochracy enhanced missiles to take him out.
    Not WoD finest hour in my opinion.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    That would be Ravnos. He died before the end book came out. It took the Technocracy everything it had to kill him, and that involved several nukes. AS far as I know, there were no Werewolves involved.
    How'd they explain repeatedly nuking one dude?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

They weren't exactly nukes, no radiation. But they had to fake a city destroying typhoon to cover it up

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    They weren't exactly nukes, no radiation. But they had to fake a city destroying typhoon to cover it up
    That made me lol a lot for some reason.

11. - Top - End - #11

AssassinGuy

Technocracy didnt shoot a nuke. It shooked "Wraith nuke" which is the wraith, sadness, fear, pain like negative stuff brought by atomic bomb which was shoot at Japan in WWII. Bombs and other stuffs, like Solar-Beam killed it, and this basically started Final Nights. This happened in 1998, in game setting,

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Did OWoD end before 2000? In game time, I mean.

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

I think end of everything, the Time of Judgement, is 2004.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Note: It was -not- the technocracy that created the typhoon. Ravnos did that to block out the sun. This battle lasted -days-. After the "nuke" didnt work, the Technocracy had to reflect light from every satellite in orbit and focus it directly onto Rav to kill him.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like my version with the werewolf fight.

Werewolves never got any love

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

As I recall they were mostly 3rd and 4th generation vampires who spent most of their time physically comatose while mentally active.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheCleric View Post
    Note: It was -not- the technocracy that created the typhoon. Ravnos did that to block out the sun. This battle lasted -days-. After the "nuke" didnt work, the Technocracy had to reflect light from every satellite in orbit and focus it directly onto Rav to kill him.
    Also a huge mirror.

Werewolves never got any love
    Which sucks, since thematically they're my favorite.

18. - Top - End - #18

AssassinGuy

Most annoying thing about WoD is that the Vamps are the only one's who's getting stronger without limit as they grow old. Mithras even beated whole Garou pack single-handedly, and Baba Yaga swept out most of Garou's from Russia. Guys, it's not fair. How come Gaia's Warriors are weaker than blood sucking leeches? Damn Vamps....

Though I like their cool abilities, which gets almost like magic at over-six.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

actually, I considered the most annoying thing the weight of the setting. It's like FR. You can't play without someone correcting you. A fear I'm worried about occuring with Exalted..

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

Buggerall, I can't remember the name of the rather physically thin sourcebook. . .Time of Thin Blood, was it? It was released a bit before all these end-of-the-world guides, why is why you may have missed it, and that was the closest they came to statting out Ravnos; the end chapter(s?) of the book was(were) devoted to the awakening of Ravnos and the countermeasures of the other supernaturals, with some sidebar as to what these cinematic descriptions meant in game terms.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. As far as I remember, the story involved all of that (some Kindred strike forces, a group of elder Garou, I'm reasonably sure the Tradition Magi also tried something, then a magically-enhanced nuke, and when that didn't work either they used some kind of orbital mirror to scorch the general area). Antediluvians are hard to kill.

And yes, the point is that they're unstatted, just like Incarna and so forth. But the powers for level-10 of a discipline are written down in the Elder's Guide (Auspex 10 essentially makes you omniscient; Obfuscate 10 causes the entire world to forget you completely; and so forth).

How'd they explain repeatedly nuking one dude?
    A little nifty thing called "Code: Ragnarok", which to the Technocracy essentially means "available budget: 100%; maximum acceptable losses: 100%; acceptable collateral damage: 100%; KILL THIS GUY we don't friggin' care how".
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    A little nifty thing called "Code: Ragnarok", which to the Technocracy essentially means "available budget: 100%; maximum acceptable losses: 100%; acceptable collateral damage: 100%; KILL THIS GUY we don't friggin' care how".
    That is awesome.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    That is awesome.
    The real beauty is, if I remember correctly, that made them *very* nervous. The Technocracy book mentions that they considered vampires a low level threat, not even worth exterminating unless they got uppity. After the near miss with Ravnos, they started wondering just how many more like him there were out there.....

24. - Top - End - #24

Considering vampires could be shut down by Lawn chairs o' Doom, it's no surprise they weren't taken seriously.

I wonder if they tried that on Ravnos?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

What was that... Prime 2/Matter 4?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutee View Post

Which sucks, since thematically they're my favorite.
    When we used to LARP around here, only me and my cousin were werewoves, both Fianna Aurons. The whole town was overrun with leeches and after a few weekends of dealing with all the nacy-pantsy Kindred politics, me and him decided to start taking them out.

We started with the Nos. Not many people wanted to play them, but the three who did were pros. Still, after we killed them, the rest of the vamps got worried. The next weekend we killed a whole coterie(sp?) and got away clean. The next weekend we killed the Sherrif and the Prince got pissed. During the week after two of the refs called us and said the others were metagamming against us. They didn't like two "dog men" ruining all their caregfully played "dark opera" crap.

So me and my cousin decided to go for broke and bust into Elysium at the start of the nights play. Most of the vamps went there at the begining anyway to decide what to do, and this time the Prince had asked everyone to come to declare a "Blood Hunt" or whatever on whoever was killing the vamps.

Needless to say, we both died, but we killed the Prince and at least three other vampires. After it was over the Storyteller said that our named would be forever remembered in the annals of the Garou for our battle against the leeches. The vampire players were pissed at us.

We haven't LARPed with that group since.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Antediluvian Specs: You die. 'Nuff said.

Honestly, if your players are near an antediluvian for any reason, they're gonna get offed and they're gonna get offed real quickly. How they get offed is entirely up to you, but theres no way any group short of several hundred high XP characters are gonna fight an antediluvian long enough for it's specs to matter.

28. - Top - End - #28

Actually, the Lawnchair o' Doom would down antediluvians easily. Heck, CAIN himself would probably fall prey to it.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, if you're high enough on the radar that an Antediluvian is your target... -other- things will be coming for you... Garou, Iteration X, Kuei-Jin, Hunters...

There are lots of things pre-ante that can screw up just about anything.

Didn't they leave out the level 10 powers from the revised third edition books on purpose? No one was supposed to have them, so no need to say what they are.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azerian Kelimon View Post
    Actually, the Lawnchair o' Doom would down antediluvians easily. Heck, CAIN himself would probably fall prey to it.
    How? As written, Cain is pretty much immune to anything and everything, including nukes.