Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 189
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Beginners IC - Team 1

    Just great. As if marching over the hills toward the port town of Seawell wasn't enough of a chore. Now it's raining, hard, and you're caught out in the open. A flash of lighting outlines what appears to be some sort of structure off to the west. It may offer shelter from the storm, but who knows what else it may offer?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Party Roster:

    {table]Player | Character | Map Key
    Caracol | Bones, Half-Elf Rogue | B
    Crazy Fat Goblin | Gyron, Human Sorcerer | G
    Greenstave | Loiel Far-Seeker, Elf Ranger | L
    Lord of Pixies | Grog Ironbuckle, Dwarf Fighter | I
    xPANCAKEx | Brother Denna, Human Cleric | D[/table]

    "Map Key" will be the letter used to indicate your character on tactical maps, when needed.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-21 at 12:47 PM.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Bones, Elven Rogue

    "Stupid rain... I don't want to get a cold. Better hide somewhere until the weather calms."

    Bones, grunting and trying to cover himself, heads to the structure to the west.

    "What that thing is supposed to be?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Last edited by Caracol; 2008-04-21 at 01:41 PM.

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    rerolling Spot Check: (1d20+2)[5]

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (( Please format posts as specified in the OOC thread ))


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Loiel Far-Seer, Elven Ranger

    Loiel adjusts his clothing and pulls his cloak over his head in an attempt to stay dry. Why scanning to the West (Loiel always keeps a watchful eye, a little to identify danger, but mostly to learn the lay of the land) a flash of lightning reveals a structure he can barely make out.

    (1d20+5)[22] - Knowledge Geography check. Does Loiel know the structure?

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Bones can barely make out the path before his feet due to the heavy rains. The distance makes it hard for Loiel to see anything for certain, as well, but he can tell that it's not small enough to be a dwelling and the general shape does not seem appropriate for a fort or keep.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-21 at 02:22 PM.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Bones

    Gaah! Damn rain! I can't go anywhere with this weather. Let's go inside that... whatever the hell is.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check: (1d20+4)[5]

    edit: wow, natural 1. I foresee a whole world of misfortunes upon me soon if the start is this


    I'd better be careful anyway.
    Last edited by Caracol; 2008-04-21 at 02:42 PM.

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RationalGoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pandora's Box
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Gyron

    Oh dear, it's raining. I better seek some shelter. Hey, whats that place over there?

    As Gyron is walking towards the structure, he peers at it, in an effort to discern what it is.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot (1d20)[9]
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

    Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    xPANCAKEx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, Yewkay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Brother Denna - human cleric

    Holding his shield over his head to try and fend off the foul weather, Brother Denna knew he would soon be soaked through. Small blessings were to be found everywhere in the world, and this was no different. To the west was a structure - shelter from this downpour, so the cleric made for it
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    All Bones can hear is the thunder echoing in his ears. Gyron can't make out any detail at this range.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    lord of pixies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in my own little world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    grog iornbuckle

    new i should've never left da mines, not have to wory about weather

    whats that??


    walks up to get a better view
    Last edited by lord of pixies; 2008-04-21 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanks to abrdam for da avatar

    "There are Three things all wise men fear: the Sea in Storm, a Night with no Moon, and the Anger of a Gentle Man."-- Patrick Rothfuss

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    lord of pixies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in my own little world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    spot to see more about this "mysterios building"/ see 4 others waling twards it- (1d20+1)[3] ...dang
    Last edited by lord of pixies; 2008-04-21 at 11:00 PM.
    Thanks to abrdam for da avatar

    "There are Three things all wise men fear: the Sea in Storm, a Night with no Moon, and the Anger of a Gentle Man."-- Patrick Rothfuss

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Loiel

    "Whatever's in there cannot be worse than what is out here." Loiel says to himself, and he heads towards the structure. He notices the others approach, but at this point, he isn't concerned. He just wants a dry place to ride out the storm, and figures the others are thinking the same.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    You arrive at the building. It seems somewhat long and narrow. And quite tall, too; the entrance, which is open, is easily 20 feet wide by ten feet high.

    Loiel doesn't recognize the style at all, but it appears to be some sort of temple or tomb. Bones notes that some debris near the entrance appears to be recent, as if a stone door or other large rock had been broken into much smaller pieces.

    The storm is getting stronger, and lightning flashes are starting to be immediately followed by loud thunderclaps.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-22 at 06:37 AM.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Loiel
    HP: 8/8
    AC: 16, Touch: 13, Flat: 13

    "Well met" Loiel says to Bones as they approach the structure. "The door is open. Shall we enter and escape this weather?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17] Spot check inside building
    Last edited by greenstave; 2008-04-22 at 08:32 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Bones
    HP: 6/6
    AC: 16, flat 12, touch 14

    "Who are you?"
    says Bones, as he sees the other men near the entrance.
    "Pff, nevermind."
    He kneels to examine the debris. Something doesn't quite convince him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search check to found evidences or tracks of someone that was there before (1d20+8)[21]

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (( Unless/until I ask you to roll for initiative, you don't need to post the HP and AC lines ))

    Loiel can't see much of anything -- the interior is dark and the storm has cut off any natural illumination from outside. Bones finds no tracks, but they could have been washed away on the storm; the damage to the rocks looks like it was energy-based, not from physical attacks.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-22 at 08:46 AM.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    xPANCAKEx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, Yewkay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Brother Denna - human cleric

    "well gentlemen - i don't know about you - but i think any shelter would be preferable to this foul weather... after you"

    said the cleric, lowering his shield as polite gesture
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    lord of pixies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in my own little world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Grorg iornbuckle

    "out of ma' way, im hedin' in" grog storms past (no pun intended) to the entrance and lights his tourch just inside (5 ft) the bilding. looking around as he does.

    Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+1)[10]
    Thanks to abrdam for da avatar

    "There are Three things all wise men fear: the Sea in Storm, a Night with no Moon, and the Anger of a Gentle Man."-- Patrick Rothfuss

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Loiel Far-Seer, Elven Ranger

    "A headstrong dwarf, what are the odds?!" Loiel looks at the others as he draws one of the two swords at his side.

    "If I can't see the trouble, that doesn't mean the trouble isn't there!" With that, he follows Grorg into the shelter and looks around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24] Spot check for any danger in the torch light, and using elven low-light vision beyond the flame

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Entering the building, you find yourself in a large, open chamber. The torchlight does not extend to the walls on either side nor in front of you. However, with his darkvision, Grorg senses that the area extends to the sides just under 50 feet in each direction from the entrance (Loiel sees the same with his low-light vision). Neither can see the far (northern) end of the room or hallway. Both can make out a giant stone door on the eastern wall; but only Loiel makes out a similar stone door further north on the western wall, just at the edge of the light source's range.

    The area near the opening is made of stone, that, while dusty, shows signs of having been painted or otherwise decorated a long time ago; but any detail to the decorations have faded away over the years.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Bones

    "Oh well, since the meat shields are leading the group..." thinks Bones, entering into the room while lighting up his torch.
    He observes the door carefully, trying to figure out what could the paintings represent.
    Interesting, but that's not a good reason to lower the guard..." he thinks, while examining the door and the area nearby looking for some particular devices or gears that could open the painted door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search check on the door (1d20+8)[17]
    Spot check on the area nearby (1d20+4)[7]
    the door has some sort of lock?

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (( The entrance you're standing in front of has no door. The nearest door is some 50-60 feet away on the eastern wall. And you can see another door on the western wall, just shy of 80 feet away. Do you want to investigate either? ))


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (stupid for me to not specifying it, but I was following Loiel and Grorg. My bad.If I'm not with them already, I follow them and investigate on the door as I did before.)

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (( And they are 5 feet inside the entrance. My previous comment about positioning still stands. Not that I'd have any reason for being anal-retentive about positioning for some reason. No sir. ))
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-22 at 01:47 PM.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (Damnit. Well, I just go inside headed to the painted door, but after I made a spot and listen check to see if something is wrong.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[11]
    Listen (1d20+4)[24]


    (if something is wrong, I just stand there)

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (( My apologies for not being clearer -- there is no "painted door". The painting refers to the walls that can be seen inside the radius of the torchlight, and the remaining, i.e., aged, detail is too faint to notice anything unusual about it. The two doors you can spot in the dim light appear to just be stone doors, one on the east wall and one, somewhat further to the north, on the west wall. All that aside, you neither hear nor see anything unusual -- the only noises are from your fellow party members and the storm outside. ))
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-22 at 02:32 PM.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caracol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    (my apologies for reading too fast and to assuming that my english is good enough to understand what is going on without checking it twice...)
    Bones carefully approaches to the nearest door, with is torch lighted in a hand and his other hand on his dagger's hilt.

    Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

    don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show


    I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Library Lovers Contest Winner
     
    Duke of URL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    The door Bones approaches is shut, and looks like an ordinary, albeit large, stone door. As he gets near the door, he can start to make out the far wall of what is now clearly a large room, making the room roughly square-shaped, just under 100 feet or so per side. He can also make out one more stone door on the far wall, directly opposite the opening that leads to the outside in the south wall.


    My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    lord of pixies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in my own little world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Beginners IC - Team 1

    Grog Iornbuckle

    "and what, elf, would the problem with a headstrong dwarf!?" grog mutters to himself as he walks up to bones. "whats up with the door? anything interesting?" he asks. focusing more on the stonework of the door than what this elf has to say.
    Last edited by lord of pixies; 2008-04-22 at 06:05 PM.
    Thanks to abrdam for da avatar

    "There are Three things all wise men fear: the Sea in Storm, a Night with no Moon, and the Anger of a Gentle Man."-- Patrick Rothfuss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •