New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Archivist help

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Archivist help

So I'm running an Archivist (Heroes of Horror for those who don't know), 1st level, and I've run across a problem. The class itself has the potential to be beastly, no worries there, bu I find myself not having a clue as to what to do for feats as he progresses...any thoughts?

(already have combat casting, and probably will get draconic archivist, DM has informed me that Archivist of Nature would be a waste)

Your thoughts?
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Archivist help

Combat casting, unless you're trying to get into Abjurant Champion (which would be useless to an archivist), is a big, giant waste. I'd personally go for Knowledge Devotion from Complete Champion though. Attack bonus according to your knowledge check is so nice on top of what's already there.
    Keith Baker, on the age of Erandis d'Vol:
    Spoiler
    Show

... The miniature of her certainly makes her look older, but personally I like young Erandis both on the basis that the purge of the line started before she could grow into her full powers, and also because it lets her and Jaela have a vicious catfight sometime.

Maybe I'm playing a wrong game.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Archivist help

Knowledge Devotion from Complete Champion is the uber archivist feat, take that no matter what.

After that, there are three things you could do.

If you want to play a support caster type, you can take appropriate metamagic feats like Reach, Extend, Chain, Persist, Quicken and Sculpt.

If you want to play Buffzilla, take Power Attack. After that, take a good set of fightery feats. I'd go for Combat Reflexes, EWP:Spiked Chain, Martial Stance: Thicket of Blades, and Improved Trip or Stand Still.

And if you want to be really uber, take the one-level dip into Sacred Exorcist to get Turn Undead then take Extra Turning and your choice of DMM: Quicken or DMM: Persist.