New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Is is so weird seeing a Base Attack Bonus sphere for the Final Fantasy X Sphere Grid.
    I know, isn't it? I've had to make a lot of odd things in the name of this project. I think it was all worth it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksword View Post
    Hey, I have been following this project for months, but have never posted before. I have to say that I love this project. What you have done is amazing.
    Thank you for your kind words. It's always nice to hear from people who have enjoy this little pet project of mine.

If anyone has a comments or questions about anything that they've seen here, please feel free to speak up. As is evident from this thread, this project wouldn't be nearly as good if it weren't for constructive criticism from other forum members. Some aspects wouldn't even be present at all if it weren't for prodding from critics. As this project is now wrapping up, I'd love to see some more feedback on it.

For the record, the only thing left to do is a Conversion Guide. I'm writing one, & it should be up this weekend. You've been warned.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    • Level 1 Key Sphere: allows 1 lateral movement between Nodes #1-#35
    • Level 2 Key Sphere: allows 1 lateral movement between Nodes #36-#70
    • Level 3 Key Sphere: allows 1 lateral movement between Nodes #71-#105
    • Level 4 Key Sphere: allows 1 lateral movement between Nodes #106-#140
    So lemme get this straight: Let's say we have a summoner on the 11th node of her sphere path, but she's having trouble with flanks and wants to grap Uncanny Dodge from the Pugilist path before moving on. She would spend a Key sphere to move into the space between the paths, then use a Feature Sphere to move into the Pugilist's path and grab the ability? Is that about right?

If so, how does one go back to the original path? And does that mean that a character can effectively move freely between Ronin, Lancer, and Bandit?
    Last edited by Eighth_Seraph; 2009-01-17 at 12:21 AM.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

3. - Top - End - #783
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow. I love the sphere grid...I was wondering when you were going to tackle that. And it is "when." Not "if."
    Last edited by Temotei; 2009-01-17 at 01:21 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
    So lemme get this straight: Let's say we have a summoner on the 11th node of her sphere path, but she's having trouble with flanks and wants to grab Uncanny Dodge from the Pugilist path before moving on. She would spend a Key sphere to move into the space between the paths, then use a Feature Sphere to move into the Pugilist's path and grab the ability? Is that about right? If so, how does one go back to the original path? And does that mean that a character can effectively move freely between Ronin, Lancer, and Bandit?
    That's almost right. The character doing so is now in the column between the Pugilist & Summoner paths, which might seem like an advantageous place to be. However, since a character can only activate vertically-adjacent nodes, & there is no benefit to moving onto a blank node, that character would be somewhat stuck. For the character in your example to advance normally along either the Summoner path or the Pugilist path, that character would have to spend another Key Sphere to move laterally again, onto one of those paths. This effectively curtails capricious sidestepping. A character can move back & forth more easily between the Ronin, Lancer, & Bandit paths, due to the fact that there are no blank-node-columns in between them, but it is hardly free movement. A character that spends a Key Sphere to move onto another class column is on that class's path, & as such would have to spend another Key Sphere to return to their original path. Otherwise, they will only advance along the new class path, which is something that the player may not wish to do.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-01-17 at 10:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Bonus Material: Variant Ranges
    The classes of Final Fantasy X, as they are presented here, have a finite range for their class features (usually about 30’). However, this range is impractically short at higher levels, not to mention boringly static. So this is a variant designed to remedy this. The monster statistics for FFX d20 all use this variant, so as to better fit their CR level.

Use the tables below to determine the ranges for all of a character’s long-range (I.E. non-personal, non-touch-based) abilities. Table 7-1 is for the base range; for creatures with class levels, use their HD instead of their CR. Table 7-2 is a range modifier, based on size. If a creature’s size changes for some reason, their ability ranges should be changed accordingly. A creature’s ranged attacks cannot have a range of less than 10’.

Table 7-1: Ability Range #1
    {table=head]CR|Range
    1-5|30’
    6-10|40’
    11-15|60’
    16-20|90’
    21-25|120’
    26-30|160’
    31-35|200’
    36-40|250’
    41+|Line of Sight[/table]

Table 7-2: Ability Range #2
    {table=head]Size|Range Modifier
    Fine|-40’
    Diminutive|-20’
    Tiny|-10’
    Small|-5’
    Medium|+0’
    Large|+5’
    Huge|+10’
    Gargantuan|+20’
    Colossal|+40’[/table]
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-01-18 at 03:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, I definitely like what I've seen here, and the Sphere Grid looks pretty good.

This probably sounds like a stupid question, but I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by the rule "not at the same time as spending spheres" for the move into an empty node. My reading of these rules is something along the lines of "If you spend no spheres after participating in an encounter in which spheres were dropped, you may make a move into an empty space in the current column of the sphere grid. This 'free move' does not cost any spheres."

Is this accurate?

Also, is there any 'wrapping' around the grid (i.e. movement direct from the leftmost column to the rightmost column)? I have to admit, I haven't really played that much of Final Fantasy X (I've never owned a PS2), so I'm not sure how appropriate it would be, although I think the FF games in general may imply that the answer is "probably not".

I also noticed an 'Intuitive Magic' system in the general FFRPG, where characters could create open-ended utility effects in line with their normal spellcasting abilities - will there be anything like that in these rules? I'd guess something along the lines of a couple of skills and a few notes on MP cost to use. It's not strictly present in the actual games, but it could be relevant to pen and paper roleplaying.
    Last edited by lesser_minion; 2009-01-18 at 06:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    This probably sounds like a stupid question, but I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by the rule "not at the same time as spending spheres" for the move into an empty node. My reading of these rules is something along the lines of "If you spend no spheres after participating in an encounter in which spheres were dropped, you may make a move into an empty space in the current column of the sphere grid. This 'free move' does not cost any spheres."

Is this accurate?
    This basically true. The rule is best worded to mean "after participating in an encounter in which spheres were dropped, you may move to a directly-adjacent empty node, provided that the only spheres that you spend before the next encounter are Key Spheres". That's the best interpretation, & that line will be added to the Character Creation & Using Spheres section, for clarity.

Also, is there any 'wrapping' around the grid (i.e. movement direct from the leftmost column to the rightmost column)? I have to admit, I haven't really played that much of Final Fantasy X (I've never owned a PS2), so I'm not sure how appropriate it would be, although I think the FF games in general may imply that the answer is "probably not".
    I did toy with the idea of having the grid wrap around in the manner that you suggest, but I discarded it as unnecessary & inelegant. The grid in the original game was a bizarre haphazard board game design that looked like it was made by a collaboration of M.C. Escher & H.P. Lovecraft (M.P. Escraft?). This grid, although far from perfect, seeks to give players that same versatility & control. But no, neither grid wraps around.

I also noticed an 'Intuitive Magic' system in the general FFRPG, where characters could create open-ended utility effects in line with their normal spellcasting abilities - will there be anything like that in these rules? I'd guess something along the lines of a couple of skills and a few notes on MP cost to use. It's not strictly present in the actual games, but it could be relevant to pen and paper roleplaying.
    Those rules, while interesting, are not in keeping with the way that magic works in FFX, which is heavy on the blasting, light on the customization. I wouldn't mind working on some homebrew that used something similar (if I ever find the time), but not for this project. I thinks that it's overstuffed as it is.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

OK thanks for the clarifications. I was kind of pointing out the thing about Intuitive Magic really because there are no "handy spells" available. I guess it might be too much to fit into the thread though.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

OK thanks for the clarifications. I was kind of pointing out the thing about Intuitive Magic really because there are no "handy spells" available. I guess it might be too much to fit into the thread though.
    I wouldn't be opposed to more utility in the magic of this setting, but I'm attempting to remain as faithful to the original game. The magic of Spira tends to be either of the blasting variety (what we would consider evocation), or of the buffing/debuffing persuasion.

Also, as an aside, I'm still working on the "conversion" notes. I think that I'm going to break them up into discreet chunks, so that each portion gets the dedicated attention that it deserves.

10. - Top - End - #790

Also, as an aside, I'm still working on the "conversion" notes. I think that I'm going to break them up into discreet chunks, so that each portion gets the dedicated attention that it deserves.
    Sounds good to me, for what it's worth. I'm interested heavily in this sphere grid. It's looking very, very well thought-out, and I want to use it. Too bad I wouldn't really be able to with my group. Ah well.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

Bonus Material: Conversion to Standard 3.X
    The entire Final Fantasy X d20 project has been designed to be as close to the d20 ruleset as possible, while still providing an authentic FFX experience. Certain concessions had to be made, on both sides, in order to provide a proper fusion of the two games into a coherent & cohesive world. But some people would like to use some of the game elements presented here without being burdened with all the rest. With those people in mind, I have given some thought into how to separately implement the many aspects of this project into a standard game of 3.X D&D.
    • The World of Spira: This needs no real conversion, really, as Spira as a setting is most represented as fluff.
    • Races: This also needs no real conversion. Having re-read each race, I see absolutely nothing in there that requires tweaking to fit in with other D&D races.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Conversion to Standard 3.X, continued
    • Classes: Now classes are where we’ll be doing some conversions. I’ll break down my suggestions by the individual class.
      • Pugilist: Like many classes, the only thing that needs to be changed to fully integrate in standard d20 rules is the elimination of the MP system. Now, of course, the MP could remain in place, but for conformity’s sake, let’s ignore the MP costs for the Pugilist’s features, & go with a per-day instead. The values below are not meant to approximate the Pugilist’s current ability output, but to provide a balanced play experience.
        • 5th Level: Haste 2/day
        • 7th Level: Provoke at-will
        • 9th Level: Delay Attack 3/day
        • 10th Level: Haste 4/day
        • 11th Level: Slow 2/day
        • 13th Level: Slowga 3/day
        • 14th Level: Delay Attack 6/day
        • 15th Level: Haste 8/day, Slow 4/day, Delay Buster 3/day
        • 17th Level: Hastega 3/day
        • 18th Level: Slowga 6/day
        • 19th Level: Delay Attack 12/day, Slow 8/day
        • 20th Level: Haste 16/day, Delay Buster 6/day, Quick Hit 3/day

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ettin in the Playground

• Summoner, Part 1: There are two approaches to converting the Summoner: with or without Aeons. The decision depends on how you feel about Aeons & how much effort you want to put into converting the class. In any case, the Summoner’s other feature will require conversion. Like the Pugilist, we’ll ignore the MP costs for the abilities, & go with a per-day instead. The values below are not meant to approximate the Summoner’s current ability output, but to provide a balanced play experience.
        • 2nd Level: Cure 3/day
        • 3rd Level: Esuna 2/day
        • 5th Level: Nul 3/day
        • 6th Level: Cure 6/day
        • 7th Level: Life 1/day
        • 8th Level: Esuna 4/day
        • 9th Level: Cura 3/day
        • 10th Level: Nul 6/day
        • 12th Level: Shell 2/day, Life 2/day
        • 13th Level: Protect 2/day, Esuna 6/day
        • 14th Level: Reflect 2/day, Cura 6/day
        • 15th Level: Nul 9/day
        • 16th Level: Shell 4/day
        • 17th Level: Dispel 3/day, Life 4/day, Protect 4/day
        • 18th Level: Curaga 3/day, Esuna 8/day, Reflect 4/day
        • 19th Level: Regen 2/day
        • 20th Level: Holy 1/day, Nul 12/day
      • Summoner, Part 2: If you keep the Aeons, then they will need to be converted as well (see Aeons, below). If you do not retain the Aeons, then they will need to be replaced with something else to summon. In order to maintain the power level of the standard Summoner, as well as a strong central summoning flavor, let’s just use the summoning spells from the PHB. We’ll say that a Summoner can cast summon monster spells once per day, plus an additional time per day equal to your Summoner level divided by 5 (just like the normal class). Below is a progression of the summoning spells that you can use:
        • 1st Level: summon monster I
        • 3rd Level: summon monster II
        • 5th Level: summon monster III
        • 7th Level: summon monster IV
        • 9th Level: summon monster V
        • 11th Level: summon monster VI
        • 13th Level: summon monster VII
        • 15th Level: summon monster VIII
        • 17th Level: summon monster IX

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

By the way, for those who care about such things (like me ), this thread has gotten more views than the Revised and Expanded Rules of Posting, which I believe is a first for the homebrew forum. Thanks again to everyone who has looked at this, especially those who have liked it &/or offered constructive criticism. I appreciate it greatly, I w/couldn't have done this without you.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

• Ronin: Like many classes, the only thing that needs to be changed to fully integrate in standard d20 rules is the elimination of the MP system. Now, of course, the MP could remain in place, but for conformity’s sake, let’s ignore the MP costs for the Ronin’s features, & go with a per-day instead. The values below are not meant to approximate the Ronin’s current ability output, but to provide a balanced play experience.
        • 1st Level: Power Break 1/day
        • 3rd Level: Power Break 2/day
        • 5th Level: Magic Break 1/day
        • 6th Level: Power Break 4/day
        • 7th Level: Threaten 1/day, Magic Break 2/day
        • 9th Level: Armor Break 1/day, Threaten 2/day
        • 10th Level: Magic Break 4/day
        • 11th Level: Armor Break 2/day
        • 12th Level: Threaten 4/day
        • 13th Level: Mental Break 1/day
        • 14th Level: Armor Break 4/day
        • 15th Level: Zombie Attack 3/day, Mental Break 2/day
        • 17th Level: Entrust 3/day
        • 18th Level: Mental Break 4/day
        • 19th Level: Zombie Attack 6/day
        • 20th Level: Entrust 6/day
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-02-07 at 01:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, for those who care about such things (like me ), this thread has gotten more views than the Revised and Expanded Rules of Posting, which I believe is a first for the homebrew forum. Thanks again to everyone who has looked at this, especially those who have liked it &/or offered constructive criticism. I appreciate it greatly, I w/couldn't have done this without you.
    Wow. That's....quite impressive! Kudos, Zeta! Although, I doubt that's the first record you've busted with this awesome project. Truly, Final Fantasy X d20 is a paradigm of homebrewing.

Jolly good job, chap

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Is it possible to get things like this stickied?

I think this is a deserving example of how a homebrewing conversion should be done. I've never seen such dedication in anything.

If nothing else, the day you complete the pdf should be officially declared "Zeta Kai Day".

Congratulations on nearly 800 posts.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

18. - Top - End - #798

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Is it possible to get things like this stickied?

I think this is a deserving example of how a homebrewing conversion should be done. I've never seen such dedication in anything.

If nothing else, the day you complete the pdf should be officially declared "Zeta Kai Day".
    Agreed. I'm curious...has anyone tried to start a new campaign using this yet?
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #799
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

wink Ronso kick Al Bhed booty if Al Bhed not move NOW

Sorry for not posting (ever) but I've been following your work for a while and got hooked completely. The subject sentence was actually said by one of our players in our Final Fantasy X d20 game, using your rules. We decided to make a new story, one that doesnt follow the storyline but still the same places. The team as well is new, though they decided to remain faithful to the Summoner and her guardians theme. We have a Ronso, Al Bhed and a Half-Al Bhed. The Half-Al Bhed's our Summoner, she's called Gria. (after the FF Tactics race). Our Ronso, Onyx is a Lancer and our Al-Bhed, Trentz is a Blitzer. It's going well so far, the rules work. It takes a while though to get fully immersed and have to stick to FF than D&D but apart from that, great design!!!
    If ever you want to know how the campaign is going let me knoiw eh?

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ronso kick Al Bhed booty if Al Bhed not move NOW

Quote Originally Posted by QuartetofMemory View Post
    Great gameplay feedback.
    Actually, I am quite curious about your campaign, from a mechanical perspective. If you don't mind, I have some questions:
    • How many sessions have you played?
    • How has the Summoner performed?
    • How are the Aeons so far? Are they working well?
    • Are the Lancer & the Blitzer stronger/more-effective in comparison?
    • Are you using Overdrives?
    • Are you using FFX enemies?
    • Is the party balanced against level-appropriate challenges?
    • Is everyone having fun?

If anyone else is playing a FFX-based campaign, I'd like to hear how your game is going, as well.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

• Lancer: The Lancer is easier to convert than most other classes. Only the Scan ability drains any MP, so that easily be switched to a per-day system. Also, the Lancet ability does not drain any MP. Lastly, any Class Feature that a Lancer acquires that has an MP cost can be used once per day.
        • 5th Level: Scan 3/day
        • 10th Level: Scan 6/day
        • 15th Level: Scan at-will
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-02-07 at 02:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ettin in the Playground

• Blitzer: Like many classes, the only thing that needs to be changed to fully integrate in standard d20 rules is the elimination of the MP system. Now, of course, the MP could remain in place, but for conformity’s sake, let’s ignore the MP costs for the Blitzer’s features, & go with a per-day instead. The values below are not meant to approximate the Blitzer’s current ability output, but to provide a balanced play experience.
        • 1st Level: Dark Attack 1/day
        • 3rd Level: Silence Attack 1/day
        • 4th Level: Dark Attack 2/day
        • 6th Level: Silence Attack 2/day
        • 7th Level: Sleep Attack 1/day
        • 8th Level: Dark Attack 4/day
        • 9th Level: Dark Buster 3/day
        • 10th Level: Sleep Attack 2/day, Silence Attack 4/day
        • 11th Level: Drain 3/day
        • 12th Level: Dark Buster 6/day
        • 13th Level: Silence Buster 3/day
        • 14th Level: Drain 6/day, Sleep Attack 4/day
        • 15th Level: Sleep Buster 3/day
        • 16th Level: Silence Buster 6/day
        • 18th Level: Sleep Buster 6/day
        • 19th Level: Triple Foul 3/day

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I haven't tried playtesting any of the converted classses, but they look good.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I haven't tried playtesting any of the converted classses, but they look good.
    The class conversions have been educational for me. If nothing else, they have taught me that I gave all the classes WAY too many Magic Points. It's ridiculous; even at low levels, the feature costs are so low that abilities can be spammed practically at-will. Expect for the MP-per-level values to be drastically reduced before the PDF is completed & released.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

• Black Mage: Like many classes, the only thing that needs to be changed to fully integrate in standard d20 rules is the elimination of the MP system. Now, of course, the MP could remain in place, but for conformity’s sake, let’s ignore the MP costs for the Black Mage’s features, & go with a per-day instead. The values below are not meant to approximate the Black Mage’s current ability output, but to provide a balanced play experience.
        • 1st Level: Thunder 2/day
        • 2nd Level: Water 2/day
        • 3rd Level: Blizzard 2/day
        • 4th Level: Fire 2/day
        • 5th Level: Thunder 4/day
        • 6th Level: Water 4/day
        • 7th Level: Thundara 2/day, Blizzard 4/day
        • 8th Level: Watera 2/day, Fire 4/day
        • 9th Level: Blizzara 2/day
        • 10th Level: Fira 2/day
        • 11th Level: Thundara 4/day
        • 12th Level: Watera 4/day
        • 13th Level: Bio 2/day, Blizzara 4/day
        • 14th Level: Demi 2/day, Fira 4/day
        • 15th Level: Death 1/day, Thunder at-will
        • 16th Level: Thundaga 2/day, Water at-will
        • 17th Level: Waterga 2/day, Blizzard at-will
        • 18th Level: Blizzaga 2/day, Fire at-will
        • 19th Level: Firaga 2/day, Bio 4/day
        • 20th Level: Flare 1/day, Demi 4/day, Death 2/day

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think... I think my brain just had an explosive mindgasm. It hurt and hawt all at the same time. I've printed out your Resident Evil d20 stuff, but this... this might be a challenge. Ain't touchin' the Sphere Grid, though. I just skipped right over that with a trusty Code Shark, thank you very much. By the time I was done, I -made- FFX a hack n' slash game. Choke on that, Seymour, with your fruity unicorn hair...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

So, uh, Tygre, I take it that you like this project?

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

• Bandit: The Bandit is easier to convert than most other classes. Only the Mug ability drains any MP, so that easily be switched to a per-day system. Also, any Class Feature that a Bandit acquires that has an MP cost can be used once per day.
        • 15th Level: Mug 3/day
      • Crusader: The Crusader doesn’t need MP for anything, so eliminating the classes MP would make it fully conform to standard d20 rules.
      • Merchant: The Merchant doesn’t need MP for anything, so eliminating the classes MP would make it fully conform to standard d20 rules.
      • Priest: Like many classes, the only thing that needs to be changed to fully integrate in standard d20 rules is the elimination of the MP system. Now, of course, the MP could remain in place, but for conformity’s sake, let’s ignore the MP costs for the Priest’s features, & go with a per-day instead. The values below are not meant to approximate the Priest’s current ability output, but to provide a balanced play experience.
        • 4th Level: Turn/Rebuke Undead 2/day
        • 7th Level: Lay on Hands 2/day
        • 9th Level: Turn/Rebuke Undead 3/day
        • 10th Level: Remove Disease 1/week
        • 12th Level: Lay on Hands 3/day
        • 13th Level: Smite Evil 1/day
        • 14th Level: Turn/Rebuke Undead 4/day
        • 16th Level: Remove Disease 2/week
        • 17th Level: Lay on Hands 4/day
        • 19th Level: Turn/Rebuke Undead 5/day
        • 20th Level: Smite Evil 2/day
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-02-07 at 02:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

• Status Effects: A game of FFX d20 uses different status effects than a typical game of D&D 3.X. Most of the FFX status effects can be used in a normal game without affecting balance, ease of use, or enjoyment. But, for those who wish to translate these effects into a normal game, convert the effects listed according to the guide below.
      • Berserk: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; several enemies use this status as part of their attacks, so use a fear-based attack instead.
      • Blind: This status is essentially the same as the normal Blinded condition, so this does not require conversion.
      • Confused: Use the normal Confused condition, which is significantly different from this status.
      • Cursed: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; this status relies on the Overdrive system, so if you are not using Overdrives, then this status can be ignored.
      • Doomed: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; several enemies use this status as part of their attacks, so use a death-based attack instead.
      • Hasted: Use the effects of a haste spell (caster level 10th) instead; it is significantly different from this status, but is roughly-equivalent.
      • KO: This status is roughly equivalent to the Disabled, Dying, or Unconscious conditions, so use those instead.
      • Mute: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; several enemies use this status as part of their attacks, so use a silence-based attack instead.
      • Petrified: Use the normal Petrified condition, which is significantly different from this status.
      • Poison: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; several enemies use this status as part of their attacks, so use a poison-based attack instead.
      • Regen: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; for any magical effect that bestows this status, use a cure-based effect instead.
      • Sleep: This status is essentially the same as the normal Helpless condition, so this does not require conversion.
      • Slowed: Use the effects of a slow spell (caster level 10th) instead; it is significantly different from this status, but is roughly-equivalent.
      • Zombie: There is no condition in normal D&D 3.5 that properly emulates this status, so either leave this status as-is, or remove it entirely; several enemies use this status as part of their attacks, so if you want to use something like this status, then you can apply the Zombie template, & keep the character’s Intelligence score intact.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-02-07 at 02:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow... just wow. This has to be the most dedicated hombrew of anything I have ever seen. I swear, everytime I see a homebrew system based on games, books, movies, and such, it usually gets to a certain point and dissapears from existence. Oh, but that's not for you, Zeta Kai. You are so bery dedicated to this project and I've never seen anybody do something this comprehensive and complicated ever. This is quite the project you have and I am happy to see that it can be done. So, thanks!!!!