New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (PDF Now Available!)

The latest version of Final Fantasy X d20 is finally ready!
    Download the new PDF of v1.1!!

The new version has the following changes:
    • Added 120 Adventure Ideas in the World of Spira
    • Added Metamagic in Spira
    • Adjusted the MP costs of various Universal Spell Feats
    • Adjusted the type (Ex/Su/Sp) of many special abilities

Here's a breakdown of FFXd20, by the numbers:
    • 1 new monster class
    • 3 new NPC classes
    • 3 new rituals
    • 5 new creature subtypes
    • 6 new prestige classes
    • 7 new races
    • 7 new PC classes
    • 9 new monster prestige classes
    • 29 new feats
    • 40 tables
    • 49 new magic weapon abilities
    • 66 new magic items
    • 74 new magic armor abilities
    • 257 new monsters
    • 270 images
    • 407 pages
    • 165,158 words
    • 806,168 characters

For the record, my policy is now to update the PDFs only, so the versions in this thread are somewhat out of date. They are not totally unusable, as most of the editing, streamlining, & tweaking was done online before the PDF was compiled. But the latest PDF is the definitive version.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or other feedback, please feel free to post here. And thank you all again for your continued support of this project.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2011-10-29 at 04:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yay - Thanks Zeta :)

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Are you sure it's the right link for the PDF? I get some file named "Arma2_v1.02_de2fr_signed.7z".

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrass View Post
    Are you sure it's the right link for the PDF? I get some file named "Arma2_v1.02_de2fr_signed.7z".
    Worked fine for me. Weird.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Do I have to be registered? Or could someone send it to me by email?

6. - Top - End - #876
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

I had the same but when i right clicked and opened it in a tab it worked for me

Try http://download622.filefront.com/tjajtzt0l0cg/FFX-D20+v1.1.pdf
    Last edited by Ainren; 2009-07-01 at 01:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Version 1.1 downloaded fine for me.

Also! Zeta has subtly and politely hinted in a PM that he'd like to hear a bit more feedback from the players. I'm just going to refer to everyone by their character for sheer simplicity.

Hideo has some experience in table-tops and enjoys playing the tank. It was pretty easy to homebrew up a gun on the spot, but it may not be a bad idea to include some within the Spiran Weapons (after all, the crusaders used them, as well as some characters in X-2). So far, Ronin is doing just what it's supposed to do, fight like a sturdy brawler.

Korra has never played any kind of table-top game before, and has minimal playtime with Final Fantasy X. That being said, bandit is proving to be an easy class for her to learn, and she's enjoying getting to take down a lot of enemies with the Sneak Attack (I just told her the rules for flanking with a Sneak Attack, I'll go into the Flat-Footed stuff as she gets a better grasp on the rules). Haven't gotten a chance to use Steal in battle, although we have had some (failed) mundane stealing attempts in a town using Sleight of Hand.

Lani also has never played a table-top game before, although she has a lot of experience with X and X-2. One of the great things about this system is how easy casting has become. Spells are still powerful, but simple enough for someone who has never played before. Currently, Lani has access to Valefor, and I homebrewed up a "Darkened Aeon" which I'll post up after the next game.

Leni has a very limited experience with table-top games, and even then, he usually plays martial characters. Black Mage is super easy, and he likes utilizing the Rock-Paper-Scissors element system against vulnerable enemies. He's using a dagger, but I'll see if he's interested in a battle doll.

O'aka XIX is thinking about changing from blitzer. He likes the concept, but isn't really a de-buffer kind of guy (he normally plays rogues; misses his Sneak Attack). Instead, he's going lancer, although he may still use a blitzball as a weapon. He likes the versitility of the lancer, as well as the additional hit points and lancet. I still want to hug him for thinking up that name

So, yeah. Everything's going fine. I started off with a few practice battles to attune everyone to the system (Dingoes and Condors followed by Flans and Killer Bees). The battle with the Sahagin went swimmingly (no pun intended), with some brutal crits by Lani (crushed in the head of a sahagin with a quarterstaff; no pacifist summoner here ) and ensuing hilarity when Leni's lightning failed to kill a sahagin, but managed to knock if off the ship, and into the water. While still electrified

Everyone really likes the system so far, and another game is planned for Monday. I will continue to update on the progress!

8. - Top - End - #878
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Unfortunately our game doesn't start until the new Term, although i believe there is so much interest that DrGlenn is running two games per week. I may use the system over the summer to teach some of my friends who arn't in my normal gaming group, about the wonderful world of D&D :) - If I get a game going expect lots of feedback in wiki format :)

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

I've sent a PM to get an answer straight from the creator's keys, but he's currently offline so I figured I'd post here as well. What would the appropriate starting Gil be for Level 2 characters? Same as the DMG, or otherwise because of different prices for items?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2009-07-01 at 03:12 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

10. - Top - End - #880
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

as this game is compatible with 3.5 I believe its just the standard Character Wealth per Level table from the DMG.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrass View Post

I'm getting the same issue

12. - Top - End - #882
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm getting the wrong file issue as well.
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

13. - Top - End - #883
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Same here.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

As was requested by Cedrass a while ago, if people PM me an email address I'll email them the updated PDF. I've already sent it to one person who's applied for my game (in the Find Player's Forum if you're interested).

And no, I have no idea why I was able to download it but others can't. I got it pretty quick because I was online when the link was posted, so maybe it was a time thing.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

If ANYONE is having problems downloading the PDF, PM me your email address, & I will send you a copy. There is no reason for anyone who want this to miss out.

Also, here are some questions asked by Kobold-Bard, along with my answers:

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard
    I am planning on having my players start at another Temple rather than Besaid. I'm pretty sure I understand how changing the various Aeon's power levels works, but if you have any advice I'd appreciate it.
    Well, the important thing to remember is that a Summoner can only unlock an Aeon with HD < the summoner’s class level + 10 (Ch5, Pg48). So a 1st level Summoner can get an Aeon with 10HD, a 2nd level Summoner can get an Aeon with 11HD, etc. What I would suggest is creating an Aeon with your Summoner in mind. If your Summoner is gonna be level 1 when she gets her first Aeon, & your wanna have her unlock Ifrit (or an Aeon like Iftrit), then build a Burning Fayth with 10HD or less. A properly-built 8th level Aeon can qualify for Burning Fayth, so you could do an Aeon 8/Burning Fayth 2.

This is somewhat harder to do for other Aeons, because the prerequisites are higher for other prestige classes; for example, an Aeon cannot qualify for Freezing Fayth (Shiva) until 14th level. In that case, if you really want to have your Summoner have Shiva (or an Aeon like Shiva) at low levels, you should simply lower the prerequisites. That way, the Aeon can qualify for Freezing Fayth at a lower level, your Summoner is happy, & game balance is preserved. The Aeon PrC's only vary in inherent power a little bit (there seem to be basically two tiers: Valefor/Ifrit/Ixion/Shiva & Bahamut/Yojimbo/Anima/Magus Sisters); it seems that a lot of their power in my system stems from their Aeon levels. So switching out Aeons within the same tier should affect game balance overly much, if that's your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard
    I assume that using the Sphere Doesn't change the way Aeon's advance, I work out the appropriate XP award and give the Aeon 1/5th of it, discarding the rest in favour of Spheres.
    Well, Aeons don't have a column on the Sphere Grid, so that does present a small problem in combining the rules there. If I were to use the Sphere Grid exclusively instead of XP, then I'd give an Aeon 20% of the spheres, & advance the Aeon in a similar manner to how they advance with levels. They have full BAB & all good saves, but few class features, so I'd carefully eyeball their advancement.

It may be difficult for a new DM to handle their advancement, so you might wanna take the easy way & give them 20% of the XP an encounter would normally offer & call it even. I may, time permitting, create a grid-style progression just for Aeons & their PrC's, but it'll be some time before I could have such a thing complete.

Another thing you could do it just not advance them at all. Cutting out their advancement benefits the party as a whole, because they are not sharing XP with the Aeon, & can therefore advance more quickly on their own. But the Aeon would slowly grow less useful to the party, as the monsters that the party fight grow tougher & the disparity between their power levels diminishes. But many parties would get stronger Aeons during the course of the game anyway, so that may not be much of a concern.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Hideo is an established half Al-Bhed ronin, and a mighty fighter utilizing his unique gun-and-sword fighting style. He once traveled with a summoner, who sadly perished before completing the pilgrimage.
    Hideo reporting in. Final Fantasy X d20 owns. You definitely did some amazing work with this and it shows, as the mechanics work perfectly.

I highly recommend anyone playing this to acquire the X soundtrack and get your DM to play tunes to encourage the mood.

(oh, and the .pdf downloaded fine for me. I bet it must have felt good seeing all this put together in .pdf form, eh?)

17. - Top - End - #887
    Firbolg in the Playground

Under some abilities in the PDF, the DC says (DC10 + 1/2 class level + your [ability] modifier). Does that mean all class levels a character takes affects the strength of that ability, or just the class level of that specific class? Like if an NPC had 4 levels in the Merchant class, then another 4 in bandit, would you want the bandit levels to raise the power of the Master Haggler ability? It also says 1/2 class level under weapon abilities for some of them, like Deathstrike.

As well, under Auron's entry, it says he's a Human -- Unsent. I believe that's meant to be Hume. As small of thing as that is. Haha

Also, under Ronso names, Kimahri is spelled Kimarhi.

Under MP Stroll, it says it recovers HP in the beginning of the description. Under Zombiestrike, the caster level for the "2nd option" of creation is 5th, while the one for zombietouch is 8th. I'm thinking that's a typo. Also, under Triple XP, it says "this does not double the XP accrued via any other means;..."

So...alchemical items have me confused a bit. I get the costs, items, and the feats...just the spells needed seem to all be from D&D, not FFX-d20. So if one were using a magic system based only on your game, how would one create an alchemical item?

As well, does poison affect OP's for the Stoic condition? Under its description, it says: "Gain 2 OP each round in which you are successfully dealt damage by an opponent; physical, magical, & psionic injuries count, while wounds received from traps, environments, etc. do not." This is essentially the same case with Comrade. Under poison, it just explains how much damage is dealt to a creature from poison. So my question is: Does poison count as damage from an enemy if it is caused by an enemy?

My brother and I have started a game by the way. We're the only ones right now, so I have an NPC pugilist along to help out. He's a Ronso summoner, and I'm an Al Bhed bandit, planning on taking some ronin or blitzer levels later on. Also, I plan on adding a third PC to the game later in the plot. A black mage. Everything seems to work out pretty well so far, though. More info to come.

I hope I'm of some help.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2009-07-27 at 02:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, Blitzball & MORE!)

The PDF is finally available!
    Click here!
    [/QUOTE]

This link works, its from post #2

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope to have finally fixed the PDF issue. If anyone is still having downloading issues, you can still let me know via PM, I'll send you a copy to your email. If you are downloading the PDF, make sure that you got version 1.1, & not the older one (v1.0).

Quote Originally Posted by Lungkisser View Post
    Hideo reporting in. Final Fantasy X d20 owns. You definitely did some amazing work with this and it shows, as the mechanics work perfectly.
    Thank you very, very much. I hope that you continue to enjoy it.

I highly recommend anyone playing this to acquire the X soundtrack and get your DM to play tunes to encourage the mood.
    Sage advise. I listened to the soundtrack more than once while I was writing it, so it only makes sense.

I bet it must have felt good seeing all this put together in .pdf form, eh?
    You have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    Under some abilities in the PDF, the DC says (DC10 + 1/2 class level + your [ability] modifier). Does that mean all class levels a character takes affects the strength of that ability, or just the class level of that specific class? Like if an NPC had 4 levels in the Merchant class, then another 4 in bandit, would you want the bandit levels to raise the power of the Master Haggler ability? It also says 1/2 class level under weapon abilities for some of them, like Deathstrike.
    As with just about any d20 material, "class level" refers to the levels that a character has in a specific class only, whereas "character level" is the total levels that a character possesses. Therefore, a Bandit 4/Merchant 4 could only apply their Merchant levels to Master Haggler.

As for weapon abilities, those should be read as character levels, not class levels. That was a typo, & probably should have been HD instead.

As well, under Auron's entry, it says he's a Human -- Unsent. I believe that's meant to be Hume. As small of thing as that is. Haha

Also, under Ronso names, Kimahri is spelled Kimarhi.
    More typos. If there is ever a v1.2 release, I will have those (hopefully) fixed.

I hope I'm of some help.
    Any help is appreciated. Nitpickers keep me more honest than my spellchecker.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-07-31 at 08:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #890

The PDF now works and is downloaded, at least for me! -cheers-

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    The PDF now works and is downloaded, at least for me! -cheers-
    That's great, I'm glad that it's working for more people now. I hope that this resolves the issue entirely, as I was having to send out a lot of emails to those wanted the PDF, but couldn't get the broken download option to work. The email option is still on the table, but hopefully most people won't have to resort to it. We shall see.

At any rate, please enjoy the PDF, & lemme know if you have any questions or concerns.

So...alchemical items have me confused a bit. I get the costs, items, and the feats...just the spells needed seem to all be from D&D, not FFX-d20. So if one were using a magic system based only on your game, how would one create an alchemical item?
    I'm gonna answer this by quoting myself from post #169, which is when someone else pointed that out:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    You are correct; I have completely neglected to provide item-creation routes for the FFX classes in this setting. This is actually intentional. The PCs in FFX cannot create alchemical items; they merely find them & use them to make other things (such as magical weapons & armor, hence the multiple item creation methods for those items). I provided a means for more traditional D&D spellcasting classes to create such things, as it would only be right to do so. But since the classes of Spira lack true spellcasting ability, it was easy to ensure that they could not make them, & therefore stay more in line with the game. I intend to provide an alternative treasure entry for each monster, detailing the alchemical items that they typically carry. It may not completely make sense, but I think that is part of the game's charm.
    As well, does poison affect OP's for the Stoic condition? Under its description, it says: "Gain 2 OP each round in which you are successfully dealt damage by an opponent; physical, magical, & psionic injuries count, while wounds received from traps, environments, etc. do not." This is essentially the same case with Comrade. Under poison, it just explains how much damage is dealt to a creature from poison. So my question is: Does poison count as damage from an enemy if it is caused by an enemy?
    Since that's how it works in the original game, & there's no RAW reason not to follow that convention, I would rule as a DM that damage received via Poison would grant you Overdrive Points as if you had been damaged by an opponent directly. It's up to your DM, & they may wish to interpret the rules differently, but that's my thought on the matter.

22. - Top - End - #892

I have to agree with one of the past posters though, in that the "&" symbol is not as appropriate in many places as "and", the word.

Another mechanics thing: Under Quick Hit, it says you can "perform an extra attack action, move action, or swift action..." What exactly is the definition of an "attack action?" Would it be just one extra attack, or would it be defined as any attack, including the full attack action?

Under the Lancet entry, there is a small typo--"...(minimum 1MP) to own respective pools;..." It should be "to your own respective pools;..."
    Another typo is under the Use entry, where it says "any item that you hold is considered a weapon that you have proficiency with, & can used as a..." It should be "...proficiency with, and can be used as a..."

That's all I've got for now. I may find other things later, when I have more time to do so. By the way, your answers are much appreciated.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Orc in the Playground

I believe Zeta meant a standard action.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    And two out of three leading anthropomorphic personifications of death agree on the matter.
    Happy to be PMed for rants about stuff, lousy jokes, challenges to a duel because I impugned your honour in that restaurant last night. Look, how was I supposed to know it'd fly that far?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

Does Lancet deal weapon damage as well as Lancet damage, or just Lancet damage?

If it's both, which comes first?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2009-08-07 at 08:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post

Ninja-bump

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

There was nothing ninja-like about that bump.

The Lancet attack does the damage that it says it does, & no more. No normal weapon damage is inflicted, nor are any magical enhancement-based forms of damage or effects. The Lancet is as the Lancet does.

Also, yes, when I referred to an attack action, I meant a standard action, during which you could attack, move, or whatever.

Any other questions? These clarifications are interesting.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks very much. And I'll keep posting them as they keep coming

Edit: As promised, does Poison Status remain in effect every round until cured, or does the subject get a new Saving Throw, and if so how many/how often?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2009-08-08 at 10:21 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

As promised, does Poison Status remain in effect every round until cured, or does the subject get a new Saving Throw, and if so how many/how often?
    It remains until cured; the victim only receives the initial Fortitude saving throw to resist the effect.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    It remains until cured; the victim only receives the initial Fortitude saving throw to resist the effect.
    Oh well. Guess I'll have to give them an antidote in the post battle treasure trove as well as a Soft (tip for this game: if your players have terrible Saves don't send a Dinonix after them. It doesn't end well.)

Thanks again.

30. - Top - End - #900

Oh well. Guess I'll have to give them an antidote in the post battle treasure trove as well as a Soft (tip for this game: if your players have terrible Saves don't send a Dinonix after them. It doesn't end well.)

Thanks again.
    Agreed. Dinonix = annihilation. Of course, we only have the 2 characters, but still. Good thing we had an evil mirror image of Auron come in, saving them to make himself appear as a friend, then later have his minion who killed pretty much a tenth of Kilika's population attack us. -_- Ifrit saved the day.