New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (PDF Now Available!)

I mean like a section on the technology of the setting like the television spheres, hovers, prosthetic limbs, along side the guns of the Warrior Monks of Yevan, and other machines within the setting, both destructive and not. I'd also like rules on salvaging machina and restoring it for the purpose of NPC Al Bhed raider type parties.
    Last edited by Othniel Edden; 2011-11-06 at 08:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    I mean like a section on the technology of the setting like the television spheres, hovers, prosthetic limbs, along side the guns of the Warrior Monks of Yevan, and other machines within the setting, both destructive and not. I'd also like rules on salvaging machina and restoring it for the purpose of NPC Al Bhed raider type parties.
    That's a little outside the scope of this project. This whole thing has been about translating FFX into a playable D20 experience. Players of FFX has very little practical interaction with such technology. They don't get prosthetic limbs. They don't shoot guns. They don't do much with recording spheres. They don't do much with machina. Those things exist, but since the PCs can't access them in a practical manner, they are treated as background details, & thus not fully explored. One could make the same argument in favor of detailing their strange clothes or their bizarre hairstyles, & it would have the same impact on gameplay. Those are just things in the world that are beyond the scope of this project, & left open for DMs to expand upon at their discretion. I'm sorry if that's not a satisfactory answer, but that's what I set out to do.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Have you any plans to develop a system for teaching/upgrading abilities possessed by Aeons? Since unlike making Potions that was actually in the original game.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-11-08 at 04:59 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the double post, but this randomly popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    No. IMO, the Sphere Grid is not designed to wrap around, so a Summoner going for Black Mage (or vice versa) would have to go the long way. Of course, I'm not as opposed to making it wrap around as I used to be when I first made this, but I'd keep the two columns on either side. They are a good buffer for the aspiring multiclasser, & they hold Banish & Ultima, which are two powerful abilities.

You say the Sphere Grid isn't designed to wrap around so a character can move between Summoner & Black Mage, yet by your own design Seymour is a Black Mage/Summoner. Just curious as to how you decided that.

Also, can summoners get a maximum of 1 Aeon/Summoner HD, or just 1 Aeon/any HD Node?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-12-08 at 05:35 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I joined just so i could congratulate you on this undertaking and completion. WOW dude! i have tried several times to set up a Pokemon D20 and could not do it. i have the highest respect for these forums above other because I've found them exceptional but you now take the cake make it a crow and wear it proudly as you deserve it.

Silverman

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for the necropost. wanted to say I still enjoy this, a lot.