New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Must Have DR!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Must Have DR!

I am starting a game soon where I am playing a warforged. I need to find a way to get the highest DR /adimantine possible without using class levels. I have 4 feats available. Items work too but I would like as many feats as possible. I ask you to please help me out.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Must Have DR!

Does it have to be adamantine? Because the fae bloodline and demonic bloodline give decent DR, but not based on that particular material.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ironward armor augment crystals give stackable DR, however, they only prevent up to a certain amount of damage a day, (get more than one?) the greatest gives DR 5/- and absorbs up to 50 points of damage.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Does it have to be adamantine? Because the fae bloodline and demonic bloodline give decent DR, but not based on that particular material.
    "Bloodlines" always make me chuckle when used with Warforged... Considering that, you know, warforged are created, not born. Maybe some a "Feycrafted"/"Fiendcrafted" variant...
    Quote Originally Posted by HidaTsuzua View Post
    it'll be likely as successful as punching someone in the face to do dentistry.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mineral Warrior gives DR 8/adamantine for LA+1, but is horribly cheesy and I really don't recommend it.

Roll With It, from Savage CheesesSpecies, might be a slightly better option. You need Con 20 and Toughness, but it gives a stackable DR 2/- (so DR 6/- for you unless you have Toughness already in which case it's DR 8/-). It's not as broken as you'd think, mostly because D&D tends to overvalue DR and the actual benefit isn't all that overwhelming. Still, it's a really solid feat and probably worth it for you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

That makes me giggle. Only those with 5 or more bonus HP per level, and therefore don't really need it as much, can get DR 2/-? What a bag of crap.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SCPRedMage View Post
    "Bloodlines" always make me chuckle when used with Warforged... Considering that, you know, warforged are created, not born. Maybe some a "Feycrafted"/"Fiendcrafted" variant...
    Rules-wise, no variation is needed. One of the weird things about warforged. You can even have a half-dragon warforged. It's just the flavor that needs to be sorted out. Fey wood or rock from the abyss incorporated into the design, perhaps.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Rules-wise, no variation is needed. One of the weird things about warforged. You can even have a half-dragon warforged. It's just the flavor that needs to be sorted out. Fey wood or rock from the abyss incorporated into the design, perhaps.
    Or it was custom-built for a demon or fey, who used their magic to aid the construction, improving it.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by FlWiPig View Post
    That makes me giggle. Only those with 5 or more bonus HP per level, and therefore don't really need it as much, can get DR 2/-? What a bag of crap.
    Can get an endlessly stackable DR 2/-. With any good supply of feats (and there's a few nice ones out there), you can get better DR that way than any other. The Generic Classes from UA are especially good with that, and a dedicated person can get up to DR 38/- at lvl20. Whether or not DR is ever worth it is a valid question, but if that's what you want then Roll With It is the way to get it.

10. - Top - End - #10

One must remember that DR doesn't stack...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn_ap_Nud View Post
    This one says it does. And stacks with other stuff, IIRC.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn_ap_Nud View Post
    Unless it specifically states that it does (like Roll With It).

Here is my origional thread on the subject. A little disorganized, but pretty fun.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Or it was custom-built for a demon or fey, who used their magic to aid the construction, improving it.
    Which is exactly what I was getting at...

The "variant" doesn't need to apply to the rules; the rules are fine. The FLUFF needs to be changed, because the Bloodline fluff doesn't exactly mesh with the Warforged fluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by HidaTsuzua View Post
    it'll be likely as successful as punching someone in the face to do dentistry.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

OK, well the obvious one is Adamantine Body (Full Plate and DR2/Adamantine) followed by Improved DR 3 times (taks it up to DR5/Adamantine).
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Can get an endlessly stackable DR 2/-. With any good supply of feats (and there's a few nice ones out there), you can get better DR that way than any other. The Generic Classes from UA are especially good with that, and a dedicated person can get up to DR 38/- at lvl20. Whether or not DR is ever worth it is a valid question, but if that's what you want then Roll With It is the way to get it.
    Or pair it up with Embrace/Shun cheese. That could be fun. I'm sure you can get a lot more than 38 DR that way.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

As long as you're using Savage Species, Adamantine Body followed by 3 Thick-Skinned feats will give you DR 8/adamantine. Best you're going to get with your stipulations, I think.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!