New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default item cost calculator

are there any online programmes (ie: not something you have to download) that can quickly calculate the cost of items in D&D ?

i've tried searching the forum, but the search engine crashes every time and google yeilds no useful results (in first few pages)
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: item cost calculator

I don't know of any, no.

But then, you probably won't find one.

If you're talking about the custom items section, there's this niggling little line that messes any concrete program up:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD, Magic Items, Creating Magic Items, Magic Item Gold Piece Values
    Many factors must be considered when determining the price of new magic items. The easiest way to come up with a price is to match the new item to an item that is already priced that price as a guide. Otherwise, use the guidelines summarized on Table: Estimating Magic Item Gold Piece Values.
    (Emphasis added).

Sure, by the book, you could create a command-word widget of Cure Minor Wounds for 450 gp and 36 xp, and have everyone begin every encounter at full hp... but that'll break the game at level 3 where you can pull it off, as the characters it strengthens (Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, Ranger, Paladin, and other classes based on at-will or per-encounter abilities) rule the game anyway.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: item cost calculator

HeroForge is a character creation program that has all the items in WotC sources, and cost.