New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Beating Batman: Sir Giacomo's Guide to Monks

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmful View Post
    Thank you Giacomo. This is obviously quite a lot of work and although I disagree with virtually everything you say It's still impressive how much effort you're prepared to put into the Gonk
    As an Asian, I feel obligated to point out that, while I do not find the term offensive, some might.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

The Joker indeed.

Hey, you remember who always won those great Saturday morning and comic book duels between the two great literary characters of the 20th century?

Note: Ninja'd. Or perhaps Batman'd. Hopefully not Superman'd

“We need to be enlightened by the OMFGWTFBBQ Ultimate Monk Build” – Solo
    And we who have waited to be enlightened are now found wanting.

So here, in a nutshell, are the two Giamonk principles:
    1. Get spells that synergise greatly with the monk abilites
    2. Get items that synergise greatly with the monk abilities
    1) Play caster
    2) Pimp out on items bigtime (Seriously, strain on WBL much?)

DMG p. 212-215 outlines how magic items shoudl be handled. At the bottom of page 214 even the process of pricing a partially charged wand is explained and that player characters can of course sell them when having found them in treasures. Now, I wonder, if they can sell them why should they not be able to buy them? Why should there be only a market for new cars, but not for used ones?
    You can sell a 1988 Audi at any used car lot, but the chances of going to any used car lot and finding a 1988 Audi are much smaller. Understood?

By the way, can you quote the specific text for those of us without a copy of the DMG?

Most of the times, you’ll read about a very popular monk myth, the multi ability dependence (MAD). Allegedly, the monk has to have more high stats everywhere than everyone else
    True, the monk can make use out of great scores in all his abilites. So can everyone else. No difference. So everyone is MAD (multi ability dependendet), to the same degree. Or no one is. It is that simple.
    You only need INT and moderate DEX/CON to be an effective wizard. An effective monk needs more than good ONESTAT and moderate OTHERSTAT/OTHERSTAT. Thus they are MAD by the additive property of addition.

Here’s a short list of stuff either ONLY the monk can do or can do best in core.
    - best grappler (No. of attacks, damage, bonus feat, spc additional effects like stunning fist- Note: FAQ has nerfed to no longer use stunning fist to be possible alongside grapple damage, so use unarmed strike with stun before grapple or in grapple at -4. His medium BAB does not matter much, and he can easily overcome it – see below)
    - fastest scout (highest move, spot/listen/move silently/hide as class skills). Combined with the highest movement speed this means the monk has the highest chance of achieving a surprise melee attack.
    1. As Talic's table of CR appropriate and under CR monsters has shown, your grapple modifier will be outclassed by a lot of monsters in the DMG.
    2. Barbarians move quickly too.
    3. How are you maxing out spot/listen/move silently/hide while also having enough skill points to max out UMD and avoiding MAD?

Highest base damage dice eventually.
    Base damage is weak if you don't have the muscle to back it up. That means you'll need high strength. MAD yet?

Level 10 Joker

UNARMED ATTACK: +10 (+10/+10/+5); Damage 2d8 +3, 3d8+4 enlarged
    Lol.

Avrg. 12 dmg, 17.5 enlarged @ lvl 10.

Lulz

GRAPPLE: +14 (+14/+14/+9); enlarged +19 (+19/+19/+14)
    That's all?
    Monstrous Scorpion, Gargantuan, CR10, grapple mod +37
    Guardian Naga, CR10, grapple mod +17
    Animated Object, Colossal, CR10, grapple mod +49
    Eleven Headed Hydra, CR10, grapple mod +25
    Black Pudding, CR7, grapple mod +17 (No idea why this showed up on my SRD google searchf or CR10 monsters)
    Clay Golem, CR10, modifier +19

All CR10 monsters my search has turned up for the first two/three pages seem to do better at you in grapple. I think you can see my point.

Talic had a monstrous table of grappling monsters. You remember it? It seemed to make the same point.

SAVES: Fort +9, Refl +10, Will +10 (+12 vs enchantment)
    Ozymandias can toss out a DC23 Save or X spell at your level. 20 (+5) CHA, +4 (+2) item, +1 School Focus (pre-req for Archmage), +5 from a level 5 spell (Baleful Polymorph, anyone?) + 10 = +23
    Your fort save succeeds on a 14. that is a 70% chance of failure. But I'm sure your 3d8+4 base damage and your +14(+19) grapple mod make up for it.

In conclusion,

YAY!

Last edited by Solo; 2008-05-17 at 09:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

On the UMD note, he definitely talks about relying on Wands as early as 4th and 5th level. He has a +9 at this level; A 50% chance to succeed. These are on buffs he claims one /needs/..
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-05-17 at 09:55 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    As an Asian, I feel obligated to point out that, while I do not find the term offensive, some might.
    This is an already used term? hm, wasn't aware of it, sorry. Just used it for the onomatopoeia, Giamonk just seems to involve too much Monk and since this build uses almost nothing of the Monks base abilities or designers intent the squashed together hodge-podge of rogue and wizard and Barb tactics seemed to cry out for something less monk-ish and more gunked-up-mixture-of-stuff type word. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicely done Giacomo, though I still disagree with you (and think that monks could use a boost even if they're not so horrid as everyone says) that was a nice read. Enjoy your flames :P
    There is no good and evil. There is only more and less.
    - Khorn'Tal
    -----------------------------------------
    Kalar Eshanti

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KIDS View Post
    Nicely done Giacomo, though I still disagree with you (and think that monks could use a boost even if they're not so horrid as everyone says) that was a nice read. Enjoy your flames :P

(Funeral Pyre)
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-05-17 at 09:57 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

By the way, can you quote the specific text for those of us without a copy of the DMG?
    I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by The DMG
    "Many items, particularly wands and staves, are limited in power by the number of charges they hold. Normally, charged items have 50 charges at most. If such an item is found as a random part of a treasure, roll d% and divide by 2 to determine the number of charges left (Round down, minimum 1). If the item has a maximum number of charges other then 50, roll randomly to determine how many charges are left. For example, a random ring of three wishes has 1d3 wishes left.

Prices listed are always for fully charged items (When an item is created, it is fully charged.) For an item that's worthless when its charges run out (Which si teh case for almost all charged items), the value of the partially used item is proportional to the number of charges left. A wand with 20 charges, for example, is worth 40% of the value of a fully charged wand (With 50 charges). For an item that has usefulness in addition to its charges, only part of the item's value is based on the number of charges left (DM's discretion).
    Nothing in here about being able to buy one, just what it's worth.

8. - Top - End - #38

Y'know what's the worst thing, guys?

The Joker is already another class. I'm talking about the psion, who, with Hypercognition and Sensitivity to Psychic impression, plus metafaculty, can track down even a Tippy Wizard and eliminate a big part of his protections, and even stand up to him. This is an insult to one of the most deliciously delirious villains ever.

PS: WOOHOO! Alliteration!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

While I find this build to be an interesting concept, it looks like you could pretty much simulate this down to every detail with a Rogue... and they might actually do it better due to their skill with UMD.

It's not so much a build of a monk that you are creating here, but a selection of items meant to achieve a certain goal. While there is nothing wrong with that, the problem comes in when you point out that it isn't so much the Giamonk as the Gia-Bargain Basement of Used Wands- which can be duplicated by most classes who decide to put ranks in UMD, or surpassed by classes that have it as a Trained Skill.
    Let me say this: 50% is not a "solid thing." That is a 50% chance of losing your best action, that is half chance of doing positively nothing. Congratulations, you essentially cast Bestow Curse on yourself by choosing this route. Also- what kind of masterwork item is going to help out UMD, hm? Hide I can see a ninja suit. Move silently I can see tight shoes and a tight ninja suit to prevent anything from rubbing or the like. Listen- I can see some kind of weird ear device modeled after elven ears. But UMD? What- are you going to put on a large blue pointy hat to try and prove to the device that you're really a wizard who can use wands? Sarcasm aside, I'm not sure any DM would really allow a MW item for something like UMD.

In a preemptive defense of the rogue's damage dealing- you point out that the monk has base damage equal to a rogue's sneak attack a lot. One problem- that Rogue has a weapon. We'll say, a short sword. Oh, and they likely have some kind of bonus to it, whether it is an enchantment bonus or maybe a strength bonus, or possibly one of those nifty little cheap weapon crystals from the magic item compendium. "But they can't use Sneak Attack all the time" you say- well you can't use your wands all the time either, and it seems to me there is a greater chance for the Rogue to find someone to flank with than there is a chance for you to use your wand (which is what gives you your good damage).

In short, you have some interesting and possibly good ideas for what to buy, but the monk is hardly the best user of all those items. Try another class and it might work better.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

But UMD? What- are you going to put on a large blue pointy hat to try and prove to the device that you're really a wizard who can use wands?
    Blue robes, yellow gloves, yellow straw or cloth hat, white porcelain mask....

11. - Top - End - #41

And the activation words are the optimizationale.

And every time you succeed, you can hear the distant shouts of hysteric fangirls.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's see here. You have +19 UMD at level 20. That means to cast a level 9 scroll, you need to roll a 10, so 55% chance of success.

Assume a level 20 rogue with a 10 charisma. Skill focus (UMD) and Magical Aptitude.

23 ranks + 3 skill focus + 2 magical aptitude. I can cast level 9 scrolls by rolling a 1.

Not to mention the Circlet of Persuation (+3), Spellsight Spectacles (+5 UMD for casting from scrolls), +2 (synergy from Decipher Script)

That's a +38. Overkill? Maybe. Much better at doing what the Giamonk does? Definately.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's see here. You have +19 UMD at level 20. That means to cast a level 9 scroll, you need to roll a 10, so 55% chance of success.
    Actually... The average roll on D20 is 10.5. So it isn't even 50%, it's about 47.5%.

Well, even though there is nothing in this guide that gives monk even a remote chance of beating batmen, the idea that monks can beat wizards is still a funny one. I won't even bother trying to explain why is that impossible, since a monk that relies on non-monk abilities to be able to (allegedly) do something isn't even a real monk.

I got a good laugh, at least.
    Last edited by Gorbash; 2008-05-17 at 10:40 AM.
    Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azerian Kelimon View Post
    And the activation words are the optimizationale.
    For the record: The Optimizationale (It unites the human race)
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-05-17 at 10:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

You mentioned Scrolls. You'll be fine on Divine scrolls, but your INT is only 15. You'll need to emulate an ability score if you want to use a higher-level arcane scroll. Unfortunately at level 20 you only have an average result of 14.5 INT from UMD. You're going to need to rely on NPC casting if you want to use higher-level scrolls reliably.

The Speed for the Monk isn't correct, if he's wearing the Ring of Blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    You can move at only three-quarters speed (because movement on the Ethereal Plane is at half speed, and you spend about half your time there and half your time material.)
    So you'll only be moving 67.5 (I believe that means 65, correct?), not 90, per round. That will knock down your Jump check, too.

16. - Top - End - #46

SolithKnightGuy

@Giacomo:
    Thank you for finally posting your guide, I was getting bored without any interesting Monk vs the world debates going on.
    Schrödinger cat? Schrödinger wizard? Schrödinger monk?
    What's next? Schrödinger equation? HΨ=EΨ? Seriously WTF?

The best summary of this board I've seen so far:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    Giantitp: The only place you can turn a discussion on D&D Economics into an argument about toxic potatoes.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

i think people should take their time to read this, instead of just making fun of it, for though i do disagree on some of the things, then you can still learn quite a few usefull things, about how to play a monk.

And we who have waited to be enlightened are now found wanting.
    those who dont want to look usualy dont find anything...

1) Play caster
    2) Pimp out on items bigtime (Seriously, strain on WBL much?)
    well the most succesfull classes are either casters, or using casterlike mechanics, so how can it be a surprise that other classes tries to emulate some of those points?

You only need INT and moderate DEX/CON to be an effective wizard. An effective monk needs more than good ONESTAT and moderate OTHERSTAT/OTHERSTAT. Thus they are MAD by the additive property of addition.
    you can make a effective monk with 1 good stat, and moderate other stats.
    if you adhere to Khaines school of monks you focus on str, and dump int&char.

1. As Talic's table of CR appropriate and under CR monsters has shown, your grapple modifier will be outclassed by a lot of monsters in the DMG.
    2. Barbarians move quickly too.
    3. How are you maxing out spot/listen/move silently/hide while also having enough skill points to max out UMD and avoiding MAD?
    i disagree about that table, if your monk is proberly build, then you can grapple/trip a lot of the solomonsters you face, and most of those that attacks in groups.
    this is especaly true if you are also fighting humanoids or things with class levels.

That's all?
    Monstrous Scorpion, Gargantuan, CR10, grapple mod +37
    Guardian Naga, CR10, grapple mod +17
    Animated Object, Colossal, CR10, grapple mod +49
    Eleven Headed Hydra, CR10, grapple mod +25
    Black Pudding, CR7, grapple mod +17 (No idea why this showed up on my SRD google searchf or CR10 monsters)
    Clay Golem, CR10, modifier +19

All CR10 monsters my search has turned up for the first two/three pages seem to do better at you in grapple. I think you can see my point.

Talic had a monstrous table of grappling monsters. You remember it? It seemed to make the same point.
    when you sit down and actively try and find monsters to support your theori of monks not being able to grapple effectively, then of course you will find them.
    if you wantet to actualy make a usefull contribution to this thread, then you should have includet all the CR 9-10 monsters, instead of just those that support your konklussion.

also, 2 of the monsters on your list would be beaten in a grapple by one of my monks.

Ozymandias can toss out a DC23 Save or X spell at your level. 20 (+5) CHA, +4 (+2) item, +1 School Focus (pre-req for Archmage), +5 from a level 5 spell (Baleful Polymorph, anyone?) + 10 = +23
    thats the only thing i can agree on, with cloak of resistance being so cheap, then its a chrime not to get one.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I did read it. The problem I have with it... is that its not a monk build.

Its a UMD build. And a poor one.

You can take ANY class and just sink ranks in UMD to accomplish the same thing.

19. - Top - End - #49

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash View Post
    Actually... The average roll on D20 is 10.5. So it isn't even 50%, it's about 47.5%.
    Uhm, no. To get a 10 or more on a d20 is in fact 11/20, thus 55%.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

In honor of all things Giacomo, I'm going to play a courier-monk.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Real Men Don't Need Wands

It took me only a few minutes to come up with a counter-build.

Omocaig, human Ranger 1 / Barbarian 9

Stats: S14 D16 C12, I10 W14 X8, level boosts go to strength.
    Feats: Improved initiative (1), Iron will (1), Power attack (3), two spare feats (6, 9)

{table]Lev|HP|AC|Fort|Ref|Will|Att|Items
    1|9*|16|3*|5|2|3|studded leather
    2|15|18|5|5*|2|4|breastplate
    3|22|18|6|5*|4|5
    4|28|19|6|6|5|6|cloak +1, armor +1
    5|35|21|8|7*|6|8|ring +1, amulet +1, weapon +1
    6|41|21|8|7|6|9
    7|48|22|9|8|7|11|cloak +2, armor +2, ogre gauntlets
    8|54|22|10|9|8|13
    9|61|24|11|9|8|14|cloak +3, armor +3, ring +2
    10|67|25|12|11|10|15|amulet +2, 11000 gp remaining
    [/table]

If my math is correct, then at every point, this rangarian has (1) more HP, (2) better AC, (3) higher fortitude and reflex saves, (4) higher attack bonus, and (5) more damage per hit than the Joke, except for the few spots marked *, where they are tied. His will save is on average one point behind. I didn't bother doing the math up to level 20, since most campaigns never reach level 20 anyway.

And that's before raging. When in rage, his attack and fort save go through the roof, his will save exceeds the Joke's, and his armor class is still better. By level 5, he's a better grappler while raging; by level 8, he's a better grappler even when not raging.

Mind you, this is not particularly optimized; I'm sure some of the other forum regulars could improve this build even without leaving core. Nevertheless, it shows once again that the Gonk build is made of FAIL.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    well the most succesfull classes are either casters, or using casterlike mechanics, so how can it be a surprise that other classes tries to emulate some of those points?
    Monks aren't casters, for starters, nor are they meant to emulate casters via UMD as evidenced by their lack of UMD as a class skill?

If you want to UMD your way to victory, why not just play a class that has UMD as a class skill?

you can make a effective monk with 1 good stat, and moderate other stats.
    if you adhere to Khaines school of monks you focus on str, and dump int&char.
    We're talking about the Giacomo school of monks here, though. Your own school of monk building deserves it's own thread.

i disagree about that table, if your monk is proberly build, then you can grapple/trip a lot of the solomonsters you face, and most of those that attacks in groups.
    this is especaly true if you are also fighting humanoids or things with class levels.
    Ah, but we are talking about the Giamonk here, you know, the Joker build he posted? Again, your own monk build, your own thread for independent discussion. We gotta keep focused on Giacomo here. It's his thread, after all.

when you sit down and actively try and find monsters to support your theori of monks not being able to grapple effectively, then of course you will find them.
    if you wantet to actualy make a usefull contribution to this thread, then you should have includet all the CR 9-10 monsters, instead of just those that support your konklussion.
    First off, get some form of spellcheck. Seriously.

Second, I googled CR 10 monsters on the SRD google, and pretty much everything I came up with that was CR10 would be a challenge for the Giamonk. Granted, I stopped looking after 2-3 pages, so maybe all the weenie grapplers were hiding in the back. Would you care to do a more thorough analysis in order to refute me?

also, 2 of the monsters on your list would be beaten in a grapple by one of my monks.
    The two monsters are beaten by the Enlarged Giamonk. And the Enlarged Giamonk would in turn be beaten by the Enlarged version of those 2 creatures.

In conclusion, solo win.
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-05-17 at 11:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

I'm pleased that Giacamo's monk build has moved out of the Schroedinger territory. Is someone going to make a UMD focused rogue to compare to this UMD focused monk? Do remember to use the same item buying rules Gia has used.
    Last edited by Vortling; 2008-05-17 at 11:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by allonym View Post
    Uhm, no. To get a 10 or more on a d20 is in fact 11/20, thus 55%.
    Sorry, I thought you said he needed to roll 11 or more. My mistake.
    Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

As for UMD...

My level Five Spellthief has a +19 UMD relating to scrolls.

8 [ranks] + 2 [Charisma] + 5 [Spellsight Goggles] + 2 [Synergy from Spellcraft] + 2 [Synergy from Decipher Script] = +19

I have the same chance to cast a level 9 scroll as you do... (sure, I don't have the Int/Wis to do it yet... but I can emulate a stat the same as you).

(My Spellthief)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Real Men Don't Need Wands

It took me only a few minutes to come up with a counter-build.

Omocaig, human Ranger 1 / Barbarian 9

Stats: S14 D16 C12, I10 W14 X8, level boosts go to strength.
    Feats: Improved initiative (1), Iron will (1), Power attack (3), two spare feats (6, 9)
    If you wanted higher will saves, yo could go Endurance+Steadfast Determination

Mind you, this is not particularly optimized; I'm sure some of the other forum regulars could improve this build even without leaving core. Nevertheless, it shows once again that the Gonk build is made of FAIL.

27. - Top - End - #57

Nah, I wanna crush 'im good.

I present.....

Indiana Jones, Factotum extraordinaire!

Build: Every feat: Font of Inspiration, except possibly the level 6 one for Leadership for a samurai cohort.

Stats: Int maxed, don't care about the rest, though STR and CON would be neat. CHA could be maxed for UMD.

Put points into UMD.

Prepare the spells you need for buffin' up.

Buff with wands to get the spells you don't have.

Enter battle.

Use IP to kick the crap of anything. Not much UMD needed.

Use this theme.

See? Better than him. With a single feat for improved unarmed strike, the Indy is a better monk AND a better caster.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Needs more FF1 Monk with Epic Fail Guy mask shopped onto him.

Does this build also use the mythical "Wands that are halfway charged thus they are cheaper and this totally makes sense by RAW" technique? I was too lazy to check, but someone said something about "item buying rules he used".

29. - Top - End - #59

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Giacomo View Post
    Level 11:
    Spoiler
    Show

A key thing, though, is that now AMF is available – the great caster bane (for 1,650 per use). You can cast it from a scroll at currently +18 UMD, meaning to hit DC 31 required in combat you have a 40% chance. Well, Giacomo, you may say – this is not yet a reliable tactics when fighting casters, so you can only use it with some further boosts at 100% success in lvls 19 or 20? NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS...
    Here is the kicker:
    Among 6th level spells, there is also the possibility to turn your monk staff into a “spellstaff” from the druid list. You can store an AMF into it between your adventuring times without any problem (just repeat UMD until it works). Congratulations. You can now cast AMF once/day.
    Well, to be honest...the wording of the spellstaff spell shows it was never intended to be used by a non-caster, so check with your DM whether he allows it. But the wording in RAW is quite clear imo. If spellcasters can get around buying a permanent item with a 1/day spell use, why not a non-spellcaster? Would not make sense to me.
    Note, though, that it costs you 3,300 gp still and can be dispelled any time. On the flipside, you can actually store ANY spell into that staff, also at high-level play things like time stop, plus you can also use rods of metagmagic to, say, quicken any spell...divine power anyone?...
    (About the spellstaff)
    I'm reading through you build right now and this is the first part that, as I see it, is 100% wrong. to explain this I shall quote the spell description first.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    You store one spell that you can normally cast in a wooden quarterstaff. Only one such spell can be stored in a staff at a given time, and you cannot have more than one spellstaff at any given time. You can cast a spell stored within a staff just as though it were among those you had prepared, but it does not count against your normal allotment for a given day. You use up any applicable material components required to cast the spell when you store it in the spellstaff.
    emphases mine.

As you can see, you have to be able to cast spells normally, since the monk can't it would be useless to have this on scroll for UMD. This isn't that much of a problem though, just let your druid friend cast it onj your staff, except the druid doesn't have AMF nor divine power on it's spell list. It can still work though, you just need to convince a friendly caster with AMF to UMD the spell for you and even then it's still debatable whether it works.
    Schrödinger cat? Schrödinger wizard? Schrödinger monk?
    What's next? Schrödinger equation? HΨ=EΨ? Seriously WTF?

The best summary of this board I've seen so far:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    Giantitp: The only place you can turn a discussion on D&D Economics into an argument about toxic potatoes.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Bleen View Post
    Needs more FF1 Monk with Epic Fail Guy mask shopped onto him.

Does this build also use the mythical "Wands that are halfway charged thus they are cheaper and this totally makes sense by RAW" technique? I was too lazy to check, but someone said something about "item buying rules he used".
    Yeah, it does.

Also, we also need to use THE classic "NEEDS MOAR!". You know which.