Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Genius II

1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius II

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Lurker View Post
    In my mind, the Kestle speaks with the voice of David Kaye. Yeeessss.
    I hear the most recent Joker.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Ah Romance.

I like to imagine the Castle as speaking like Stephen Fry actualy, becase that kind of evil and devious works better when refined and dignfied.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

3. - Top - End - #873
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Personally I always thought of it as sounding like Tim Curry.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. Agatha is a powerful spark threatening Baron himself and an heir of the most feared family in Europe, yet she still acts like a 14-year-old girl sometimes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    I wonder why the Castle became interested in Agatha's love-life so quickly. It's a little early to start worrying about a heir, wouldn't you say.
    I'm not particularly surprised. After all, the Kestle's been without an Hetrodyne for the past twenty years or so. I probably wants to ensure that it will have a good line of masters for the next few hundred years in case something happens to Agatha.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M0rt View Post
    Heh. Agatha is a powerful spark threatening Baron himself and an heir of the most feared family in Europe, yet she still acts like a 14-year-old girl sometimes.
    It's part of the Victorian era theme, and it's more funny when they're embarrassed by their feelings than when they're comfortable with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I'm not particularly surprised. After all, the Kestle's been without an Hetrodyne for the past twenty years or so. I probably wants to ensure that it will have a good line of masters for the next few hundred years in case something happens to Agatha.
    I dunno, this latest page makes the Kestle sound a lot like Zeetha -- Extraordinarily Dangerous and fiercely loyal, yet perverse and loving to embarass the Lady. And what is more embarrassing in this story than a good love interest?. It even has a very similar response to discovering potential embarassing situations: "Reaallly". It's preferences for serving just run a little more on the homicidal side than Zeetha's do.
    ~Xel

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, she is 18. And grew up in a small town sheltered by Punch. For all we know, Gil is the first boy she ever had a complete conversation with.

The dynamic works really well for me. They truly like each other, and yet they both understand that they are two of the most powerful people in Europa and the alliances that they form will have potentially devastating consequences that could last generations.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    It's part of the Victorian era theme, and it's more funny when they're embarrassed by their feelings than when they're comfortable with it.
    Oh, I know, I was just expressing that I do indeed find it amusing.
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-27 at 12:40 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Castle Heterodyne
    The home of the Heterodynes. Several hundred years ago, Faustus Heterodyne modified it, turning it into a gigantic, self regulating A.I. It's been broken for years, but the stories say that when new it could repair itself, re-arrange itself, and defend itself and possibly even the town. It has the personality of old Faustus, who was an evil, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal schemer. It is insanely loyal to the Heterodyne family, and it spends a great deal of time and effort making sure that there will be another generation of Heterodynes to carry on the trouble. Young Heterodynes learn very quickly not to bring home dates.
    I think that kind of homicidal house could be amusing. But only if my dates were like the skull-queen of skral.

Also, Dagon Heterodyne seems to be the source of Barry's Chunkie Physique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well, maybe the Castle knows that Gil is heading there (It can probably see or hear everywhere in the city VIA the torchmen posts) and wants to know if he should kill him, detain him, or let him through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Well, maybe the Castle knows that Gil is heading there (It can probably see or hear everywhere in the city VIA the torchmen posts) and wants to know if he should kill him, detain him, or let him through.
    I'm sure the Castle knows Gil's stated intentions, but something tells me being known as a potential Heterodyne suitor is not going to make his trip easier. After all, the Castle wants to make sure that its future masters will be worthy of the name...
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm sure the Castle knows Gil's stated intentions, but something tells me being known as a potential Heterodyne suitor is not going to make his trip easier. After all, the Castle wants to make sure that its future masters will be worthy of the name...
    True, the Castle saw Gil take out an army by himself and beat up a Jager with his bare hands while wounded, so he's off to a decent start.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Here is a question, as Agatha is of the female nature, does this mean that if she where to marry Gil the rules of Mechenberg would be known as Wulfenbachs? Or would they hyphenate? I doubt Gil would change his name in any case.
    True, the Castle saw Gil take out an army by himself and beat up a Jager with his bare hands while wounded, so he's off to a decent start.
    True, but how many relationships start that way and then go down hill? Sure it starts off blowing up armies of Clanks with untested technologies, but not far down the line they won't even slaughter a few poorly constructed therma-carrots with a safe and reliable death walker. Gil has to keep up his attentions if he wants the relationship to flourish. Keep doing the little things for each other, always have time to listen to problems (Scientific or otherwise), never go to bed on an argument (save for scientific ones, dreams are a good place to find inspiration), expect to disagree on things (especially science), never leave the children or unpleasant tasks (like wars and rebellions) to the other half and never expect them to forget their old friends (or minions).
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-08-27 at 02:02 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Here is a question, as Agatha is of the female nature, does this mean that if she where to marry Gil the rules of Mechenberg would be known as Wulfenbachs? Or would they hyphenate? I doubt Gil would change his name in any case.
    There have been female heterodynes before, just rarely. It's probably likely that they would each keep their own last names (Thats what my parents did). The two family names carry too much political and historical baggage for them to be discarded.
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, other sparky houses of Europa might not like the prospect of Wulfenbach/Heterodyne union.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, other sparky houses of Europa might not like the prospect of Wulfenbach/Heterodyne union.
    But what are they going to do about it?

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Whimper. Possibly make therma-carrots.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Umm... they could gang up and try to overthrow them... yeah, right.
    Though of course, Klaus isn't going to approve of Gil's marriage with Agatha. Neither is Agatha, really.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

There have been female heterodynes before, just rarely. It's probably likely that they would each keep their own last names (Thats what my parents did). The two family names carry too much political and historical baggage for them to be discarded.
    To put that more emphatically:
    Castle Heterodyne can only be ruled by Heterodynes. The Castle insists

Wulfenbach? Meh, Gil might give up his name, if only because Gilgamesh Heterodyne sounds so damn awesome.

EDIT:
    Though of course, Klaus isn't going to approve of Gil's marriage with Agatha. Neither is Agatha, really.
    Oh, I think she's reconsidered her earlier position on the matter.

It's more that it's unwise to worry about who's marrying whom when several sociopaths, at least one army, and several secret societies are currently working on your downfall.
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2008-08-27 at 02:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

Turn to the up and coming Daughter of Sturmhalten, who has somehow gained power over the mysterious Geisterdamen?

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Has she? One think you learn when reading this comic is that things in it have a healthy tendency to get complicated. In other words, Bzzt! I see plot twists! I see unexpected events!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath
    Turn to the up and coming Daughter of Sturmhalten, who has somehow gained power over the mysterious Geisterdamen?
    Good point.
    Last edited by Morty; 2008-08-27 at 02:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not immediately clear that the title "Baron Wulfenbach" is too important to be discarded. I'm not even entirely certain that there remains a political Barony of Wulfenbach on the map for Gil to inherit; it could be that as Emperor of Europa Klaus can style himself any way he damn well pleases.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Something that just occurred to me: where's Wooster gotten off to? Given that the last time we lost track of his whereabouts, he proceeded to knock a soldier off a rooftop and then very nearly shoot Klaus, I think that he's a definite wild card in the near future.
    The above post made a lot more sense in my head.

Epic avatar by Mr. Saturn. Thanks Mr. Saturn!

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    Something that just occurred to me: where's Wooster gotten off to? Given that the last time we lost track of his whereabouts, he proceeded to knock a soldier off a rooftop and then very nearly shoot Klaus, I think that he's a definite wild card in the near future.
    Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't go report to Gil like all the others. Perhaps he was just a little nervous about Gil's reaction to the news. My guess is that he's wandering around Mechanicsburg trying to track down Oublenmach who should be in town somewhere. It'd be right up his alley, and a good way to protect Agatha from outside the Castle.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

26. - Top - End - #896
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perhaps he was just a little nervous about Gil's reaction to the news.
    He should probably be more than a little nervous, all things considered.
    My homebrew project: 3.5e generic class overhaul

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

There have been female heterodynes before, just rarely.
    Very rarely. The last one was Euphrosynia Heterodyne, I bet.

By the way, somebody tell the Castle that a fiancée can't be a boyfriend, by definition... A girlfriend, yes; but a boyfriend can only be a fiancé.
    Last edited by Gez; 2008-08-27 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Tell you what Gez. YOU go tell de kestle that it is wrong. I'll get a mop.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #899
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the way, somebody tell the Castle that a fiancée can't be a boyfriend, by definition... A girlfriend, yes; but a boyfriend can only be a fiancé.
    I don't think de kestle speaks french.
    Or not.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I went back to the scene with Agatha &co in the crypts, and didn't find any female names with dates of birth or death. So... scarily, that's perfectly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Tell you what Gez. YOU go tell de kestle that it is wrong. I'll get a mop.
    Brilliantest response possible.
    Avatar by the incomparable araveugnitsuga!