New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Stats for various Swarms?

The Monster Manual only has stats for swarms of bats, centipedes, hellwasps, locusts, rats, and spiders. I'm looking for stats on different varieties for my campaign. Specifically, right now I need a swarm of fire ants.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

First crappy homebrew, the Arcane Gambler PrC. PEACH please!

Second crappy homebrew. Click here if you want alignments to be more confusing.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron, Final Fantasy X

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Stats for various Swarms?

Well, I can't specifically help you, but if you can't find what you're looking for, request it. Someone (likely me, since this is right up my alley) will probably help you out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the master Monster Index over on the WotC site gives us this list of swarm creatures. None match what you're looking for exactly, but some could work. Specifically, the Fire Spider Swarm (Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land), the Plague Ant Swarm (Fiend Folio), and maybe the Abyssal Ant Swarm (Fiend Folio).

If those don't work, I'd second the idea of going to the Homebrew request thread. Someone'll surely do the idea justice.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, the homebrew request thread was gonna be my next stop. Thanks for the tips! I'm going fire ant shopping...
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

First crappy homebrew, the Arcane Gambler PrC. PEACH please!

Second crappy homebrew. Click here if you want alignments to be more confusing.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron, Final Fantasy X