Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Need help fleshing out plot for tonight's game

I want the druid to get his new animal companion today. I also want this to be part of an adventure.
    The group is in a city right now, where they bought a haunted house (which they think to have cleaned of it's spooky inhabitants... muwuhahaha).

Right now my idea is to give them some clues leading them into the mountain forests. My idea was that they run into a orc safari of sorts which is returning with several impressive animals, including some smaller mountain animals of a more dangerous sort (griffins, maybe?).
    Idea is that the druid will want to free the animals. So they'll have to deal with the orcs, and maybe even with some of the animals they want to free - or the mommy of that nice griffin hatchling ;)
    One of the animals will be the new companion for the druid.

The groups avg. level is 4. Normally we have cleric, warblade, warlock and druid, chances are that the rogue will show up this night as well.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Need help fleshing out plot for tonight's game

Was there a question here, or...?
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

"What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Are we suggesting how they get from the city to the mountain forest place? Or how they meet the safari group? Um.... What are we doing here, exactly?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Ah sorry.
    Guess I forgot to add the "Any other ideas how the group's druid could find his animal companion or any ideas on how to make that safari thing interesting?"

The session went pretty well, actually. It was a bit to combat lasting, IMO. But facing a dozen orcs and a girallion usually is, I guess.