New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #560 - The Discussion Thread

I always enjoy obscure references, even when I don't get them, so props to the Giant. Oddly enough, I got the comic title as soon as I saw the last panel, but didn't get the joke in that panel until reading this thread.
    Anyway, I loved the Batman origin joke. Particularly the expression on what can be seen of the ninja's face. Not to mention the sight of a half-orc in a smoking jacket.

- 1HP

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

That last panel has me wondering if the Giant included the bow one of the adventurers is carrying to indicate that he's Odysseus, since a significant scene in his tale involves the stringing of said bow. It would be a nice touch if it was, despite the fact that he didn't bring said bow with him on his journeys. Identifiers that help sell a joke don't have to be accurate, after all.
    optimization n : a source of missed opportunity

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I don't get the last panel.
    reference to the odyssey. the guys getting out of the boat, at one point in the story, come up against a (drum roll, please...) CYCLOPS!

brilliant. i loled. and I don't actually do so often.
    beautiful gag, giant.
    "Hey, look. I just regenerated a finger... Guess which one?"

Tus me betheir, augus og be feachaint

Key to the understanding of all religions is that a god's idea of entertainment is Snakes and Ladders with greased rungs.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Banned

MindFlayer

furious Re: OOTS #560 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wixit View Post
    Did I say I was? As Argall pointed out, this is ad hominem.
    Unfortunately for us, to argue against you would require you TO HAVE AN ARGUABLE POSITION.

"Oh it was too difficult" or "I didn't get the jokes" well how the heck else are we supposed to answer that? You're stupid? Try finding a humour transplant?

There wasn't a position taken, you just dissed the scene because you didn't like it.

Well, tough.

Now flip off.

EDIT: Oh, and what WAS an adhominem there anyway? Sheesh your skin must be transparent. And poked with holes YOU put there. I pointed out that just because you didn't get it doesn't make it not funny. HOW IS THAT AN ATTACK ON YOU???? Because I pointed out you WEREN'T the entirety of the human nation???

You're trying to get out of being "the wrong one" by making yourself out to be the victim and must necessarily have a villain to victimise you. Well, don't pick me 'cos I'll point out how that wasn't victimisation and show you what the difference is.
    Last edited by Eric; 2008-05-31 at 01:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheNovak View Post
    I'm concerned by the amount of people who posted saying they don't watch Lost. I mean...it's Lost.
    At the risk of disturbing you further... I don't watch Lost.