Astral Swarm
    Metacreativity (Creation)
    Level: Shaper 3
    Display: Visual
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Swarm of tiny constructs
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Power Points: 5

You create a swarm of minute, ectoplasmic constructs shaped like hornets. The swarm occupies a 10-ft. square, has an AC of 15, and 25 hp, as well as all traits of the swarm subtype. Each round, all creatures in the astral swarm’s space take 1d6 damage. As a move action, you may move the swarm up to 20 ft., but it cannot move under its own power.

Augment
    For every additional power point you spend, the swarm’s hp increases by 5. For every three additional power points spent, the damage dealt by the swarm increases by 1d6, and the swarm’s AC increases by 1.

Enrage
    Telepathy (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Psion/Wilder 4
    Display: Auditory
    Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 30 ft.
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Power Resistance: Yes
    PP: 7

You intrude into the target’s mind and suppress its higher brain functions, reducing it to an atavistic, animal state of mind. It gains a +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves. It loses any ability to perform exceptions except to attack the creature nearest to it each round with any weapons it carries, or its bare hands if necessary. If multiple creatures are equally close to the creature, it may choose which to attack.

Augment:
    For every two additional power points you spend, the bonuses to Strength and Constitution increases by +2, to a maximum of +8, and the bonus on saves increases by +1, to a maximum of +5. In addition, if you spend three additional power points, you may dismiss this power.

Incinerate
    Psychokinesis [Fire]
    Level: Psion/Wilder 2
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
    PP: 3

Using telekinesis, you agitate the molecules in the target’s body, causing the creature to spontaneously combust. It takes 3d6 fire damage, with a Fortitude save for half. If the creature fails its save, then it also catches on fire.

Augment:
    For every two additional power points you spend, this power deals an additional 1d6 damage and its saving throw increases by one.

Jolt
    Psychokinesis [Electricity]
    Level: Psion/Wilder 1
    Effect: Ray
    Duration: Instantaneous, then one round
    PP: 1

You manifest an arc of electricity that scrambles your targets nervous system. To successfully hit your target, you must succeed on a ranged touch attack. If you succeed, the target takes 1d4 electricity damage. In addition, it must make a Fortitude save. If it fails, then it cannot take any move actions during its next round. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to this secondary effect, with the exception of constructs–the electricity still impedes the magic that allows them to function.

Augment:
    For every two additional power points you spend, this power deals an additional 1d4 damage and its saving throw increases by one. If you spend 4 additional power points this way, then the target instead cannot take standard actions in its next round. If you spend 8 additional power points, it cannot take any actions at all.

Kinetic Deflection
    Psychokinesis
    Manifesting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You

With a burst of telekinesis, you can reverse the course of projectiles aimed against you. Whenever you are attacked with a ranged or thrown weapon, you may manifest this power. You make a manifester level check, and use the higher of the check’s result or your AC to determine whether or not the attack hits. In addition, if the attack misses, the projectile reverses its course and attacks its original firer, using your manifester level check as its attack roll to determine whether it hits, and dealing damage as normal.

Augment:
    For every three additional power points you spend, you can reflect an additional attack made before the start of your next turn.

If you spend an additional five power points, you can use this power to deflect spells or powers that use a ranged attack roll to determine if they hit.
    Rime
    Psychokinesis [Cold]
    Saving Throw: None

You drain heat from the air surrounding the target, causing a thick layer of ice to form over it. Each round the creature is covered by the layer of ice, it takes 1d4 cold damage. In addition, it takes a -1 penalty on all attack rolls, damage rolls, ability checks, and skill checks. The creature can break the layer of ice by making a Strength check, DC 11 + your primary manifesting ability modifier, as a full-round action. In addition, the layer of ice melts if the creature takes 5 or more points of fire damage from any source.

Augment:
    For every additional power point you spend, the cold damage dealt each round increases by one. For every two additional power points spent, the DC of the Strength check to break the ice increases by one and the amount of fire damage needed to melt the ice increases by 5. For every four additional points spent, the penalty increases by one, to a maximum of -5.

Sonic Boom
    Psychokinesis [Sonic]
    Level: Psion/Wilder 5
    Range: 45 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    PP: 9

You unleash a wave of sonic energy, dealing 9d4 sonic damage to all creatures caught in it, with a Fortitude save for half damage. In addition, creatures that fail their save are pushed back 5 ft., plus an additional 5 ft. for every 5 points of damage they take. If a wall or other solid object prevents the subject from being pushed back, the subject instead slams into the object and takes an extra 2d6 points of damage from the impact, with no save.

Augment:
    For every two additional power points you spend, this power deals an additional 1d4 damage and its saving throw increases by one. The damage increase applies to both the initial blast and any damage from impact with an object.

Telekinetic Trap
    Psychokinesis
    Level: Kineticist 4
    Manifesting Time: 1 full-round action
    Effect: Invisible telekinetic trap
    Duration: 10 minutes/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    PP: 7

This power allows you to create an invisible, immaterial psionic trap that attacks those who trigger it with telekinetic force. The trap occupies a single 5-ft. square. The first creature to enter that square triggers the trap. The creature trigger the trap is telekinetically pushed up to 70 ft. in any direction, including straight up. If a creature is hurled against a solid surface by the trap, it takes 1d6 damage. If it falls as a result of being pushed up, it takes standard falling damage. Creatures of up to 300 lbs. can be thrown by the trap; others are unaffected.

Augment
    For every additional power point you spend, the trap can hurl a creature an additional 10 ft., and the weight limit of the target increases by 25 pounds.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-06-06 at 06:11 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Evolve Today! [Powers]

Ah, yes. Plasmids for the player, no Little Sisters necessary.

I like them, but what about Hypnotize Big Daddy (makes the large enemy fight to protect you), Security Bullseye (has anyone hit with it be seen as an enemy to security), and Target Dummy (...Pretty much what it is)?

I liked the portal gun, and I like these too.
    The Silverclawshift Campaign Journals Two FANTASTIC campaigns detailed here. An absolute must read.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bioshock FTW!

Big daddy

Large monsterous humaniod
    Hit Dice: 5d10+20 (45 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 19 (-1 Dex, +5 Natural, +5 armor), touch 9, flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+10
    Attack: Drill +11 (2d6+4)
    Full Attack: Drill +11 (2d6+4) and slam +7 (1d8+4)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: none
    Special Qualities: Darkvision, enrage, little sister
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +1, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 6
    Skills: Intimidate....
    Feats: Alertness, Iron Will, Power attack
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary or With little sister
    Challenge Rating: 7
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: By character class

Enrage: Big daddies are usually peaceful creatures until they or their little sisters are threatened. Then, they attack mercylessly.

Little sister: Big daddies are intrusted with protecting little sisters at all costs.

Little sister

Small humanoid
    Hit Dice: 1d6-1 (5 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 11 (+1 Dex), touch 11 flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: 0/0
    Attack: Unarmed attack -1 (1d4-1)
    Full Attack: Unarmed attack -1 (1d4-1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Psyonics
    Special Qualities: Big daddy
    Saves: Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12
    Skills: Hide, move silently
    Feats: skill focus (hide)
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary or With Big daddy
    Challenge Rating: 1/4
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: By character class

Big daddy: Little sisters are almost always with their protector, the big daddy.

Psyonics: Little sisters have psyonic abilities that vary too widely from one to another to list.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

i don't know anything about bioshock, so i will look at this from a purely d&d psionic perspective. very cool. powers with tactical use instead of just pure damage are very nice. i love these, in particular the psi trap and the kinetic deflection.

couple of issues though:

rime: what is the duration of the freeze? listed as instant, but it has damage/round in its description, and other things that make it seem like the ice lasts longer.

telekinetic trap: i like this a lot. but i think that augmentation should increase weight capacity by more than 25 lbs/point. i think that 100 lbs might be too high--though this is a 4th level power, so maybe not--and so i was thinking maybe 50 lbs/point.

also, what about a second option that acts as a hold creature or something. gives it some versatility, and some standard trap application.

also, on kinetic deflection, i originally thought it was too low of a level, but then went back and realized that it only affected one attack. so i think it is about right. but maybe you could give another augment (or a higher level variant) that would affect multiple attacks, maybe till the beginning of your next turn.

in fact, kind of an unorthodox augment, but you could say something like:

any time during the same round that you manifest this power, you can spend another 10 (off the top of my head) power points in order to remanifest it as a free action.

good job. aaron out.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

what is the duration of the freeze? listed as instant, but it has damage/round in its description, and other things that make it seem like the ice lasts longer.
    It lasts until its broken. The ice isn't an actual psionic effect, it's just normal ice. All over your body.

but i think that augmentation should increase weight capacity by more than 25 lbs/point. i think that 100 lbs might be too high--though this is a 4th level power, so maybe not--and so i was thinking maybe 50 lbs/point.
    Based that off of the standard telekinesis power, might go back and tinker with it.

also, what about a second option that acts as a hold creature or something. gives it some versatility, and some standard trap application.
    I'm wary of hold effects in general, just because of the coup de grace potential it sets up.

any time during the same round that you manifest this power, you can spend another 10 (off the top of my head) power points in order to remanifest it as a free action.
    That is a very clever idea. I'll do it.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm wary of hold effects in general, just because of the coup de grace potential it sets up.
    ah, hadn't thought about that. what about a slow effect, or entangle or something?
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Would you kindly
    Do more?
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Would you kindly?
    Man, that was the best plot twist ever... I didn't expect it at all.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

There is a feat that imitates the effects of kinetic deflection. Incinerate likely has a valid counterpart, too (who thinks of anything without first putting in fire, followed by more fire, first? Really?).

Swarms also have the Distraction ability. The AC bonus should instead be given to said distraction.

Other than that, an interesting adaptation. Well done.