New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Anyone have an informed negative opinion?

Just wondering.

It seems many people have big issues with 4e from their reading of what has been released, but all the reports of actual play that I have read have been mostly positive.

Now, we know it won't make everybody happy, but since no system does that, I don't think that's a real issue. 3.5 wasn't for everyone, 2e wasn't for everyone, and neither was 1e, whatever Nagora might think.

What I want to know is this: Has anyone actually played a session of 4e and really disliked it, or had their fears confirmed? Not read the books, not knew a guy who knew a guy who's cousins friend played once, but actually played.

Did it prevent you from roleplaying? Was it a tactical wargame? Did it turn your table into an MMO or violate your sister?

Please, I just want to know if it plays badly, not how it insults the philosophy of D&D.
    Out of wine comes truth, out of truth the vision clears, and with vision soon appears a grand design. From the grand design we can understand the world. And when you understand the world, you need a lot more wine.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Anyone have an informed negative opinion?

Sheriff of Moddingham: The premise of this thread is inherently flawed in way that's almost...trolling. Other opinions elsewhere are not necessarily uninformed as the OP presumes. I understand what you're driving at, but this isn't a good way to go about it. Please seek your answers in existing topical threads.

Thread locked.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2008-06-09 at 06:45 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex