New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default New to Heritage Feats

Some friends and I are starting a new 3.5 campaign tonight and I decided to roll a sorcerer. This was for two reasons; one I'm new to casters and a sorcerer seems a little easier then a wizard and secondly we give Sorcerer's a free Heritage feat at creation (Your magic came from somewhere) and I wanted to explore these. I'm a human and level six, so here are my choices so far:

Draconic Heritage - Green (Sorc)
    Draconic Power - Acid (Human Bonus)
    Energy Substitution - Acid (Level 1)
    Draconic Resistance - Acid (Level 3)
    Open (Level 6)

I'm debating Force of Personality but I wasn't sure of all the Draconic feats available. I know of Breath, Flight, Presence, Claws, Skin, Legacy. I have heard of Draconic Knowledge and Draconic Vigor, but find conflicting descriptions online. Has anyone ever build a character like this and has any suggestions?
    "Blessings of Father Malkav be with you, and might madness follow in your footsteps."

What D&D Character are you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 15
    Intelligence- 13
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 12

Avatar by LordRod. Thanks again.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New to Heritage Feats

Skip those feats, they're garbage.
    If you're really dead set on playin a heritage sorcerer, take a look at Paizo's Pathfinder setting.
    Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New to Heritage Feats

Suggestion 1:
    See if you can swing the Draconic Bloodline feat (or one of the other bloodline feats) rather than a Heritage feat. With a Sorcerer's limited spells known, it's better ... even if there's only a handful of spells on that particular list that you'd choose, otherwise.

Suggestion 2:
    Mechanically, PrC levels that advance spellcasting are stronger than regular Sorcerer levels in roughly 99% of cases. Look for one that your DM will accept that looks interesting before planning out your character - most PrC's require some amount of feat investment. I'm fond of the Mage of the Arcane Order, but for a Sorcerer, the feat requirements are a little tight (takes three of them, but as a human, you could meet all requirements at 5th to start taking it at 6th; it pays them back with bonus feats, though).
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.