New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [4e] Rules Question Thread

Instead of making a new thread everytime I run into something I need clarification on, I am going to try and post the new question in this thread. I welcome others to join if they like.

Q1: When a power indicates that it does 4[W] damage, do you add a weapon's enhancement bonus to the damage 4 times, or just one time (as with strength bonuses and whatnot)?

Q2: How can a PC or Monster locate an invisible creature if they do not have blindsight or tremorsense? Can they locate the creature with a perception check?

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [4e] Rules Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Q1: When a power indicates that it does 4[W] damage, do you add a weapon's enhancement bonus to the damage 4 times, or just one time (as with strength bonuses and whatnot)?
    [W] means base weapon damage, just the dice. You always add bonus damage once at the end. Say your weapon does 1d8 damage, and you have +5 extra (enhancement, strength, whatever). Then a power that says 4[W] would do 4d8+5 damage

3. - Top - End - #3

Q1: Just once. This makes multihit powers much, MUCH more powerful than one-hit powers.

Q2: Yes, with a perception check.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Does weapon focus bonueses and weapon enhancments apply to cleave atatcks and Repeaning strike misses.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Dr_D View Post
    Does weapon focus bonueses and weapon enhancments apply to cleave atatcks and Repeaning strike misses.
    That's a hotly debated subject. For now, yes, they do, but CustServ and Sage may invalidate that.