New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Let's See Some Love for Yugoloths [Creature]

Liraloth

Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Psionic, Yugoloth)
    Hit Dice: 5d8+5 (27 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +4 chain shirt, +2 natural), touch 12, flatfooted 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+5
    Attack: Longsword +5 melee (1d8) or Longbow +7 ranged (1d8)
    Full Attack: Longsword +5 melee (1d8) or Longbow +7 ranged (1d8)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Cunning scheme, manifesting
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to acid and poison, mutable form, resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5, telepathy 100 ft.
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills: Appraise +8, Bluff +11, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +15, Gather Information +13, Hide +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (History) +8, Knowledge (Local) +8, Knowledge (The Planes) +8, Listen +3, Move Silently +5, Profession (Advocate) +8, Sense Motive +8, Sleight of Hand +4, Spot +3
    Feats: Psionic Endowment, Improved Initiative
    Environment: Urban
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Treasure: Double standard
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: By class (Favored Class: Psion)
    Level Adjustment: +4

Liraloths are low-caste Yugoloths, known for their telepathic powers and shapeshifting ability. Unlike most fiends, Liraloths do not reside in the Outer Planes, but typically make their homes on the Material Plane, living among mortals. They carry about the less subtle and nefarious agenda of the Yugoloth race–carrying out mercantile enterprise, selling the services of Yugoloth mercenaries to mortal warlords, even occasionally serving as a legal advocate (Liraloths have a fondness for helping mortals exploit loopholes in nefarious contracts offered by devils and demons). Liraloths, while capable of masking their true nature, do not go to great pains to do so. Instead, they prefer to establish themselves as a vital and respected part of the community they dwell in, so that should some paladin or crusader expose them as a fiend, the townspeople would stand by the exposed Yugoloth–although possibly with the help of a slight telepathic nudge. Some even adventure, seeking any opportunity to further the cause of the Yugoloth empire.

A Liraloth in its naturally form resembles a fluid, featureless black mass in vaguely anthropomorphic shape, commonly covered up with bandages or human clothing. However, they are able shapeshifters, and easily assume mortal forms.

Cunning Scheme (Ex)
    Like all Yugoloths, Liraloths are masters of planning and contingency. Once per day, as an immediate action, a Liraloth can announce an event or action performed by its enemies to be part of its cunning scheme, revealing that it has nefariously manipulated them. At any point in the same encounter, the Liraloth may apply a +3 scheme bonus to a single dice roll.

Manifesting
    A Liraloth manifests psionic powers as a 5th-level Telepath. A Liraloth receives 32 power points each day. The save DC of a Liraloth’s powers are equal to 13 + the power’s level.

Typical Powers Known
    1st–call to mind, conceal thoughts, empathy, mind thrust, telempathic projection; 2nd–cloud mind, psionic suggestion, read thoughts; 3rd–false sensory input, psionic blast.

Mutable Form (Su)
    A Liraloth can use alter self at will, caster level 5th. In addition, a Liraloth’s innards are constantly shifting and transforming. Critical hits, sneak attacks, and similar sources of precision-based damage have a 50% chance to not affect it.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Let's See Some Love for Yugoloths [Creature]

awesome. this is a stellar creation. i think i'm going to stat me up on of these guys as a pc. who's the artist, btw? very cool illustration.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Awesome. Yugoloths don't get nearly enough love.
    Why are Rangers so racist?

Awesome Avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stycotl View Post
    awesome. this is a stellar creation. i think i'm going to stat me up on of these guys as a pc. who's the artist, btw? very cool illustration.
    That'd be me.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Very awesome, and the art is very nice. I don't have any other imput..

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think we can all agree, yugoloths need love too. I was so very dissappointed that there was not a third Fiendish Codex highlighting the schemes and plots of the NE. If you're willing to go 3rd party, I'd highly recommend "The Book of Fiends" by Green Ronin Press.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really like the Cunning Scheme ability. Is that one of your own, or does it come with the Yugoloth package?
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    That'd be me.
    well, now that i know it was you, i take it back. kidding. very nice, krimm. has just about the right amount of artistic exaggeration in it. good job.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
    I really like the Cunning Scheme ability. Is that one of your own, or does it come with the Yugoloth package?
    Given the current yugoloths... It's his idea.

Nice creature. Yugoloths don't get half the work they deserve.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
    It's not standard for Yugoloth's, I adapted the idea from a template that someone posted a few months back.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.