New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default [3.5] Disjunction-junction, what's your function?

A question / interpretation about this 9th level spell. Because burst spells don't effect targets with total cover. And since its 40' burst targets magic items and magic effects, not PCs, wouldn't the PCs themselves provide total cover to some (or alot) of their items? Can it be reasoned that concealed items don't have to save? And if a bag of holding/handy haversack saves then the items inside save as well? What about potions within sealed containers? Or scrolls within a scroll case? I know walls of force are destroied, but is this before or after they provide total cover to the opposite side?
    "I am bleeding, making me the victor!" - Wimp Lo, 'Kung Pow'
    "Nonsense! I would never do such a thing unless you were already having been going to do that!" - Professor Hubert Farnsworth A, 'Futurama'

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Disjunction-junction, what's your function?

I don't know much, but I do know this: The stuff in your Bag-o-Holding don't have cover...because they're on a different plane. Extra-Dimensional Spaces borrow space from other dimensions.
    But, your Bag-o-Holding doesn't have cover. So, everything inside is is lost. Mount an expedition.
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: [3.5] Disjunction-junction, what's your function?

Well, I would just point to the line in the PHB that says "creatures do not block line of effect." And thus, items go boomy.