New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default I summon a mount ! How much damage does it do ?

Can you summon a mount 20 feet over someone ?

How much is a horses weight anyway?

Because if it could be 101-200 then 1d6 damage. more than 200 would be 2d6 damage.

And when gaining more caster levels, you can increase the summoning distance, so that would be more damage.

Help ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: I summon a mount ! How much damage does it do ?

101 of what?

Warhorse could easily weight 1500 pounds or more.
    What spell do you have in mind, anyway?
    The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

A creature or object brought into being or transported to your location by a conjuration spell cannot appear inside another creature or object, nor can it appear floating in an empty space. It must arrive in an open location on a surface capable of supporting it.
    My emphasis.
    3.x SRD on Conjuration
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-06-17 at 07:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

As the above poster and many other posters have/will state(d), conjuration doesn't work that way. Many players have attempted this with whales or elephants.

If you're playing in a humor campaign and your DM allows this, then light horses are between 800 and 1000 lb, regular horses between 1100 and 1400, and heavy horses (Warhorses? They're workhorses but I don't know if D&D uses them as warhorses) between 1500 and 2000 lb.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-06-17 at 08:42 AM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    The reason for this was that druids were summoning whales in corridors and over people's heads - in 3.0. WoTC actually said this, too. ;) Wall of Whale. Awesome.

There was a big debacle over at the CharOP boards on the wizards website about forcing yourself to teleport over people's heads (with Shadow Hand's teleportation maneuvers, for example) and whether you count as a falling object. We ended up with a 4000lb ninja (Half-Ogre Swordsage with Flaw (Obese), Willing Deformity (Obese), and lots of other things I forget). Of course, CharOP being charop it soon ended up being in the millions of pounds and Collossal. But that's a story for another time.

I'm not sure, but I think you can teleport yourself up above enemies, but due to the wording of the Conjuration rules... not a mount. It would be cool if you could summon it and then Dim Door it above people.

6. - Top - End - #6

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Ah, damn, didnt knew this...or forgot or something.

Is there any way to create a surface over someone, then summon something on it ? Something in the lines of Tenser's floating disk on steroids ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

7. - Top - End - #7

GnomeWizardGuy

Summoning your loyal and trusting companion in order to drop it on an orc's head sounds like neither a lawful nor good action; I doubt you'd have a mount afterwards to make a second attempt.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Ah, damn, didnt knew this...or forgot or something.

Is there any way to create a surface over someone, then summon something on it ? Something in the lines of Tenser's floating disk on steroids ?
    A flying carpet? Although it can only lift 1600 lbs at most.
    Last edited by Tengu; 2008-06-19 at 06:15 PM.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd see if you could work with your DM to come up with some sort of houserule for conjuring in midair. I've got my DM to let it slide the few times it's come up, but a reasonable solution might be to add spell levels, develop a spell that creates a momentary platform like you mention (evocation [force], anyone?) or use something like Fabricate or Major Creation to build a rickety scaffolding to support the conjuration (but, of course, not solid enough to hold the full weight of the conjured item - just the spell-in-progress, if your DM will buy that.)
    ~Joe

PS - What happens when you summon a flyer? Do arrowhawks just flop around on the ground for a second after you cast SNA4?
    Last edited by seedjar; 2008-06-19 at 08:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Khatoblepas View Post
    The reason for this was that druids were summoning whales in corridors and over people's heads - in 3.0. WoTC actually said this, too. ;) Wall of Whale. Awesome.

There was a big debacle over at the CharOP boards on the wizards website about forcing yourself to teleport over people's heads (with Shadow Hand's teleportation maneuvers, for example) and whether you count as a falling object. We ended up with a 4000lb ninja (Half-Ogre Swordsage with Flaw (Obese), Willing Deformity (Obese), and lots of other things I forget). Of course, CharOP being charop it soon ended up being in the millions of pounds and Collossal. But that's a story for another time.

I'm not sure, but I think you can teleport yourself up above enemies, but due to the wording of the Conjuration rules... not a mount. It would be cool if you could summon it and then Dim Door it above people.
    Wild Shape into a bird, fly over the enemies head, and Wild Shape into an elephant, whale, brontosaurus...

11. - Top - End - #11

Lizardfolk

That would make an awesome feat.

"Aerial Summoning-
    Prerequisites- School Focus: Conjuration
    You no Longer need a solid surface to summon things on."