1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Avatar D20 - Bending Forms Compendium 2

Gravity Bending (level 17)
    Air Shield + Air Burst = Airbending DC: 35††

Spoiler
    Show
    Two enemy forces raced toward each other to brawl, but when they reached each other and were just about to make their first strikes the battle was halted to a stop, as everyone just started floating around.

††The airbender creates an Air Shield encompassing an area where the airbender can control the gravity inside, be it increasing or decreasing by lowering or increasing the density of the air under it. The size of the Air Shield and the intensity of the gravity manipulated changes its DC.

{table=head]Size|Max Height|Max Width|DC Mod†
    Fine|.5 ft.|.5 ft.|-15
    Diminutive|1 ft.|1 ft.|-10
    Tiny|2.5 ft.|2.5ft.|-5
    Small|5 ft.|5 ft.|0
    Medium|8 ft.|5 ft.|+5
    Large|10 ft.|10 ft.|+10
    Huge|15 ft.|20 ft.|+15
    Gargantuan|30 ft.|40 ft.|+20
    Colossal|40 ft.|80 ft.|+25[/table]

{table=head]Gravity|DC Mod†|Skill Set Change*|All Attack Rolls Penalty|2ndary Skill Set Change*|Item Weight|Weapon Range|Falling Damage

5th (+) Level of Increased Gravity***|+20 (+5 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|~|x10(+2 to multiplier)|x0.03125 (x.5 ea)|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x4** (+1 to multiplier)

4th Level of Increased Gravity***|+15|-8|-8|~|x8|x0.0625|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x4**

3rd Level of Increased Gravity|+10|-6|-6|~|x6|x0.125|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x3**

2nd Level of Increased Gravity|+5|-4|-4|~|x4|x0.25|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen, x2**

1st Level of Increased Gravity|0|-2|-2|~|x2|x0.5|1d10 damage per 10 feet fallen**

Normal|~|~|~|~|No Change|No Change|1d6 damage per 10 feet fallen**

1st Level of Decreased Gravity|0|-2|-2|+2|x0.5|x2|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen**

2nd Level of Decreased Gravity|+5|-4|-4|+4|x0.25|x4|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.5**

3rd Level of Decreased Gravity|+10|-6|-6|+6|x0.125|x6|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.25**

4th Level of Decreased Gravity***|+15|-8|-8|+8|x0.0625|x8|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.125**

5th (+) Level of Decreased Gravity***|+20 (+5 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|-10 (-2 ea)|+10 (+2 ea)|x0.03125 (x.5 ea)|x10(+2 to multiplier)|1d4 damage per 10 feet fallen, x0.0625** (x.5 to multiplier)[/table]

{table=head]*Skill set for Increased gravity|*Skill set for Decreased gravity|*2ndary Skill Set for Decreased gravity
    Balance, Climb, Jump, Ride, Swim, and Tumble|Balance, Ride, Swim, and Tumble|Climb and Jump[/table]

**up to a maximum of 20d(n) points of damage
    ***Only people with a high Strength can survive in a Heavy gravity like this, they must make a DC ?? Strength check or become immobalized. As for such Light gravity, only people who weigh ??? pounds or more, by a combination of body weight and carrying weight (if the items being carried are secured) can stay on their feet, if not they will hover and if a light person drops items that made him stay on solid ground he will fall upwards.
    ****Strength and Dexterity don't change as a result of altered gravity, but what you can do with them are changed (The rules don't go any further in detail about this?)
    †Both DC Mods stack with the initial DC
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-08-14 at 05:12 PM.

The Swashbuckling Jellyfish of Elan's Chaotic Conscience Fanclub

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I would say the DC should be 20 per diviation from norm.

3. - Top - End - #63

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagordae View Post
    I would say the DC should be 20 per diviation from norm.
    Well I think I should decide wheter to base it off of weight or size first... Any thoughts? I am leaning towards size...

EDIT:
    It would make more sense for an Air Shield to affect an area rather then the weight of the area, right?

EDIT:
    Don't eveyone speak at once =b
    Yea I think size is more right, there will be a DC alteration on both the size of the air shield, and the amount gravity is affected
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-07-26 at 04:33 AM.

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Size would make more sense. Maybe 10 per five foot cube? Of course the Dm would them have to come up with effects if only part of the target got very heavy
    Last edited by Dagordae; 2008-07-26 at 03:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

SwashbucklerGuy

Size would make more sense. Maybe 10 per five foot cube?
    Errr, well I was going to go by the regular size categories of creatures; diminutive, small, huge, gargantuan, and all those
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-07-26 at 03:54 PM.

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, given that we have only really seen Aang use it an tiny objects, maybe that should be the base size, then +5 for every size catagory above that

7. - Top - End - #67

SwashbucklerGuy

Hmm, given that we have only really seen Aang use it an tiny objects, maybe that should be the base size, then +5 for every size catagory above that
    Well instead of +5 how about +7.5 each time and rounded down?
    EDIT: Actually, I just realized what I thought was the DC was not the DC, +5 is good enough

Are you sure those items were tiny and not diminutive?

{table=head]Size|Max Height|Max Width|DC Mod
    Fine|.5 ft.|.5 ft.|-15
    Diminutive|1 ft.|1 ft.|-7
    Tiny|2.5 ft.|2.5ft.|0
    Small|5 ft.|5 ft.|+7
    Medium|8 ft.|5 ft.|+15
    Large|10 ft.|10 ft.|+22
    Huge|15 ft.|20 ft.|+30
    Gargantuan|30 ft.|40 ft.|+37
    Colossal|40 ft.|80 ft.|+45[/table]
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-07-26 at 05:17 PM.

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Ice Prison (Level 8)
    Steady Stance (Offensive) + Armor (Ice) = DC 29

Spoiler
    Show
    Sikkun knew he couldn't keep this up. That pesky firebender was just too mobile to deal with properly, so he'd have to do something to slow him down. As his opponent landed from his latest acrobatic flip, Sikkun drew in water around his foe's feet and froze him to the ground. But Sikkun knew that wasn't enough, so he kept the ice flowing up his foe's body, encapsulating him in a chilling prison reminiscent of a suit of armor. "Nowhere to run now, pal..."

The target must make a reflex save or be covered in a layer of ice. The target may spend a full-round action making a strength check to escape, or another creature may spend a full-round action to free the target by chipping away at the ice with a light weapon. Additional targets may be added to the form, but each additional target adds +4 to the DC of the form.

Stop 'em Cold (Level 8)
    Water Shield (Plane) + Ice Shards (Spikes) + Freeze = DC 29

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wait for it."

Sikkun saw him charging.

"Wait for it..."

He knew he couldn't get out of the way.

"Wait. For. It..."

So he'd have to get in the way, instead.

"Now!"

With a quick sweep of his arms, Sikkun summoned the moisture around him into a dangerous wall just in front of him. Dangerous to his opponent, that is. He smiled as a resounding thud emanated from the other side of his defensive barrier.

This form cannot be quickened. No effects are brought about when you first use this form. However, when an opponent comes within 5 feet of you, you summon a wall of ice between yourself and your opponent. This wall is covered in icicles, which damage your opponent as they approach you. If they used a move action to approach you, they take 1d4 damage (even split cold/piercing); if they charged you they take 1d6 damage (even split cold/piercing). The opponent may not attack you for the rest of their turn, but may otherwise continue their turn as normal. The wall dissipates at the end of their turn. Additional damage my be dealt by adding +4 to the DC per 1d4 (if they moved) or 1d6 (if they charged); additional walls may be prepared by adding +5 to the DC per extra wall.

Swept Away (Level 16)
    Wave (Breaker) + Chill (2 squares) + Ice Shards = DC 38

Spoiler
    Show
    He needed results, and he needed them now. Sikkun swept water from the nearby river into a massive wave, which he brought down on the Fire Nation warriors in front of him. As he drew the wave onto them, he chilled as much of its front as possible, freezing some it into dangerous slivers of ice. They barely knew what hit them.

You summon a wave to bull rush your opponents, as per the Wave seed. However, any opponent who is successfully bullrushed by the wave takes 1d4+1d6 cold damage for every five feet they are moved as a result of the bull rush. The wave can be increased to huge size by increasing the DC by 14; extra damage per five feet moved can be increased by adding 4 to the DC per extra 1d6 added.

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Ice Prison (Level 8)
    Steady Stance (Offensive) + Armor (Ice) = DC 29

Spoiler
    Show
    Sikkun knew he couldn't keep this up. That pesky firebender was just too mobile to deal with properly, so he'd have to do something to slow him down. As his opponent landed from his latest acrobatic flip, Sikkun drew in water around his foe's feet and froze him to the ground. But Sikkun knew that wasn't enough, so he kept the ice flowing up his foe's body, encapsulating him in a chilling prison reminiscent of a suit of armor. "Nowhere to run now, pal..."

The target must make a reflex save or be covered in a layer of ice. The target may spend a full-round action making a strength check to escape, or another creature may spend a full-round action to free the target by chipping away at the ice with a light weapon. Additional targets may be added to the form, but each additional target adds +4 to the DC of the form.

Stop 'em Cold (Level 8)
    Water Shield (Plane) + Ice Shards (Spikes) + Freeze = DC 29

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wait for it."

Sikkun saw him charging.

"Wait for it..."

He knew he couldn't get out of the way.

"Wait. For. It..."

So he'd have to get in the way, instead.

"Now!"

With a quick sweep of his arms, Sikkun summoned the moisture around him into a dangerous wall just in front of him. Dangerous to his opponent, that is. He smiled as a resounding thud emanated from the other side of his defensive barrier.

This form cannot be quickened. No effects are brought about when you first use this form. However, when an opponent comes within 5 feet of you, you summon a wall of ice between yourself and your opponent. This wall is covered in icicles, which damage your opponent as they approach you. If they used a move action to approach you, they take 1d4 damage (even split cold/piercing); if they charged you they take 1d6 damage (even split cold/piercing). The opponent may not attack you for the rest of their turn, but may otherwise continue their turn as normal. The wall dissipates at the end of their turn. Additional damage my be dealt by adding +4 to the DC per 1d4 (if they moved) or 1d6 (if they charged); additional walls may be prepared by adding +5 to the DC per extra wall.

Swept Away (Level 16)
    Wave (Breaker) + Chill (2 squares) + Ice Shards = DC 38

Spoiler
    Show
    He needed results, and he needed them now. Sikkun swept water from the nearby river into a massive wave, which he brought down on the Fire Nation warriors in front of him. As he drew the wave onto them, he chilled as much of its front as possible, freezing some it into dangerous slivers of ice. They barely knew what hit them.

You summon a wave to bull rush your opponents, as per the Wave seed. However, any opponent who is successfully bullrushed by the wave takes 1d4+1d6 cold damage for every five feet they are moved as a result of the bull rush. The wave can be increased to huge size by increasing the DC by 14; extra damage per five feet moved can be increased by adding 4 to the DC per extra 1d6 added.
    Nicely done, those sound excellent

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

@ AlterForm: Those are nice defensive forms
    @ Feli: You are right, it is diminutative

11. - Top - End - #71

SwashbucklerGuy

@ AlterForm: Those are nice defensive forms
    @ Feli: You are right, it is diminutative
    I see, I will be keeping this post updated then

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by felinoel View Post
    *****Strength and Dexterity don't change as a result of altered gravity, but what you can do with them are changed (The rules don't go any further in detail about this?)
    Ok, I asked around and a lot of people say that how they get changed is up to the DM's discretion, should it stay the same or should there be a set rule for exactly how they change?

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Given that the increased gravity would cause you to work harder to do the same thing, I think that you should take penalties on skill check and attack rolls but not have actual decreased stats. So what you have right now.

13. - Top - End - #73

SwashbucklerGuy

Given that the increased gravity would cause you to work harder to do the same thing, I think that you should take penalties on skill check and attack rolls but not have actual decreased stats. So what you have right now.
    Ok, now to figure out the DC mods to changing the gravity inside an air shield, although I went and added together the DC mods with the initial DC for what I have, and I think I am making a small sized airshield the base 0 DC mod one

EDIT:
    Ok, how is that? Finished, any opinions?
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-07-27 at 01:48 PM.

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

DC should be higher. Right now you can completely imobilize or kill any target who is wearing moderatly heavy armor with a check on only 25. Maybe have it at +10 per gravity increase. Misread the seed.
    Looks good
    Last edited by Dagordae; 2008-07-27 at 02:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

SwashbucklerGuy

DC should be higher. Right now you can completely imobilize or kill any target who is wearing moderatly heavy armor with a check on only 25. Maybe have it at +10 per gravity increase. Misread the seed.
    Looks good
    Yea, it was getting a bit too difficult to use because I forgot the initial DC was 35, I thought it was 17 but thats the level, any thoughts on that level?

Quote Originally Posted by rickvoid View Post
    EDIT: About gravity bending, it always seemed to me like he was using the air-shield to use air current make the objects float. All he would need to do is lower the density of the air below the object to make it rise, and make it more dense below to lower it, since less dense (lighter) air rises, and denser air (heavier) lowers. I don't think it has anything to do with gravity, just manipulating air currents.
    I used your description in my description =b
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-07-27 at 03:21 PM.

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Absolute lowest is 35, so the first time you can use it without overbending or feats is around level 18. So this is an epic form if you want do something even remotely useful
    Last edited by Dagordae; 2008-07-27 at 04:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

SwashbucklerGuy

Absolute lowest is 35, so the first time you can use it without overbending or feats is around level 18. So this is an epic form if you want do something even remotely useful
    Well you mean 40 because of the +5 minimum required for altering the gravity

EDIT:
    If the DC is 35, just using it straightout shouldn't be more then 35... I will change that...

EDIT:
    I also changed the names of the different gravity settings
    Last edited by felinoel; 2008-07-27 at 07:22 PM.

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Some more firebending ones I thought up.
    Also went back and fixed up my first submissions.
    Hands Off(Level 20)
    Spoiler
    Show

Fire Burst + Explosion + Ad Hoc(+10 Swift maintain -5 no AoE) DC 44
    The Firebender covers his/her body with a thin layer of flame. Anyone who hits with a melee weapon with trigger an Explosion that functions like the Explosion seed. Anyone who strikes with an unarmed strike or attempts to grapple will also be hit with fire damage equal to the bender's fire blast. Maintaining this form takes a swift action. Maintaining the form for more than two turns inflicts a cumulative -2 penalty to the original Firebending check every turn.

Inferno(Level epic)
    Spoiler
    Show

Fire Burst + Flamethrower - Charge Time(10) DC 54
    The Bender focuses their energy for one round. For each extra round they focus they can maintain this form for an equal amount of time.
    They then cause a massive explosion of fire that creates a dome of flame with a radius equal to the benders Fireblast Range. Everything in the dome take damage equal to the benders Fireblast damage. Everyone in the dome takes penalties equal to whatever the DM decides is fair for being engulfed in a massive firestorm, at the very least they are blinded and deprived of oxygen.
    This form requires complete concentration to maintain. Maintaining the form for more than two turns + the # of turns spent focusing inflicts a cumulative -2 penalty to the original Firebending check every turn.
    The bender is also blinded and cannot breath for the duration of the form. This form will incenerate almost everything withen the radious except for metal and stone, which will be heated to near melting. Anyone in the area immediatly after the form ends will take 2d6 damage from the near molten rock until it cools.

Lights Out Mk. II(Level 11)
    Spoiler
    Show

Play with Fire + Fire Burst + Ad Hoc(use seed at distance 5) DC 34
    The Firebender takes control of a source of open flame, like a torch. He/she causes the fire to expand rapidly, engulfing everyone within a 10 foot radius for 1 turn. Anyone withen the radius takes damage equal to the benders Fireblast damage. The open flame is extinguished

Had to finish the series, any further would be ineffective
    Lights Out Mk. III(Level 20)
    Spoiler
    Show

Play with Fire + Fire Burst +Explosion + Ad Hoc(use seed at distance 5) DC 44
    The Firebender takes control of a source of open flame, like a torch. He/she causes the fire to Explode, engulfing everyone within a 10 foot radius for 1 turn. Anyone withen the radius takes damage equal to the benders Fireblast damage and suffers knockback as if hit by the Explosion seed. The open flame is extinguished

EDIT:
    New one thanks to Feli's comment, didn't need a new post.
    I think I went overboard.
    Inferno Mk.II(Level epic)
    Spoiler
    Show

Fire Burst + Flamethrower + Lightning(cold fire) - Charge Time(10) DC 99
    The old bender sighed as the 2 armies charged. 'Their battle will tear the kingdom apart.' He thought, reflecting on the foolish battle for the crown. 'They will only surrender their station to a just king if they cannot fight it.' He sat focusing on his inner tranquility, building up more power than he had ever used before. The first spears reached him just as he unleashed it all.
    Noone remember the name of the lone bender who single handedly destroyed two armies. None the less his legacy remains in the vast circular lake cut out of the plains, and in the stability of the Fire Nation.

The Bender focuses their energy for five rounds. For each extra round they focus they can maintain this form for an equal amount of time.
    They then release the energy forming a orb of electricity cantered on the bender with a radius equal to the benders Fireblast Range. Everything in the dome take damage equal to the benders level in d6x1.5 electrical damage damage. Everyone in the dome takes penalties equal to whatever the DM decides is fair for being engulfed in a massive orb of pure electricity, at the very least they are blinded and paralyzed, assuming they have a nervous system.
    This form requires complete concentration to maintain. Maintaining the form for more than two turns + the # of turns spent focusing inflicts a cumulative -2 penalty to the original Firebending check every turn. The bender is also blinded for the duration of the form.
    This form will incinerate everything withen the radius, except the bender using the form. The bender is held up in the air by the form for the duration. Survivors will have all of their equiptment vaporized, unless it is immune to electrical damage.
    This form literally melts the ground where the orb touches it, any survivors, including the bender will be imersed in the molten rock(or glass in deserts). The use of the various AoE defensive forms, assuming they can defend against the attack, create a small island of land equal to the area protected in the molten ground.

Given the levels (75 without epic feats) involved, the radius would be 415 feet at minimum...So yeah... If you think this is bad Mk. III adds Fire Kick(double radius) and Mk. IV adds Fire Blast(Now it is ranged, and can be fired so you are just outside the kill zone). Not going to post those two, too repetitive.
    Last edited by Dagordae; 2008-07-29 at 12:59 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

SwashbucklerGuy

Nice work, and I like the upgraded versions of forms, I would enjoy seeing more forms get upgraded versions

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground

Ok I accidently posted this in the old forms compendium, the inactive one.
    It's not quite finished yet but it is better than I had it before.

Sliver Mist
    Mist+Ice Shards=Water bending DC Varies, Minimum 24

Fluff:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Fire Nation was close to clearing out all resistance in this area, General Ho was especially anxious to get this over with. The high mountains and odd placed hot springs had given their adversaries (A few water benders who managed to flee here, thinking to hide in the mountains) a large advantage. Nevertheless, by sheer numbers they had managed to trap their base in a dead end canyon. Early in the morning they would strike and this whole headache could be over with. When the morning came there was a slight mist in the air, but nothing would stop them now. Near the end of the canyon there was a choke point and by now the mist was thickening, fearing nothing the soldiers advanced. By the time the first outcries came it was too late. Ho realized that in the mist, too small to see in the limited visibility, were hidden small ice spikes. Movement in any direction was impossible without getting cut, and soldiers were dying in all directions. Either struck by unseen assailants or fleeing and getting themselves impaled.

This will be a bit harder to repost but here it goes.

A list styled version of the affects
    Spoiler
    Show

Size: 10 ft radius and +5 ft per +5 to DC.

Appearance: It looks just like normal mist since the slivers hide themselves in the mist. Also people in the mist don't notice the spikes untill hurt by them.

Placement and Number of Slivers: The basic sliver mist has 2 spikes in each 5ft by 5ft square. A bender can add +5 to the DC to mix in manipulate water seed right off the bat to rearrange the spikes at the same time the mist forms, otherwise they can rearrange them during a later turn. A bender can increase the number of spikes by either +5 DC for 2 more slivers per square. Or the bender can add slivers later by either a 15 DC for manipulate water and ice shards from a water source near the mist, or a 15 DC for a water blast and ice shards into the mist.

Damage: Now the thing here is that no mater how many slivers are in a square, they will only do 1d4 cold + 1d4 piercing for anyone in that square or passing through it. If you run into/out of the mist and do not know about the slivers you take double damage since you are going twice as fast.

Bending in the mist: Now this is where the number of the slivers actually make a difference. When you bend you have to be able to make the correct movements, which means that if you are being cut while moving you may not be able to bend as well. So anyone in the mist will have a -1 per sliver to their bending check. Or will have to make a concentration check equal to the number of slivers x2. Whichever one is LOWER.

Maintaining and moving the mist: It takes a move action to maintain the mist, and a DC 5xnumber of squares of mist manipulate water check to move the entire mist 5ft.

This is a more complex form so that it can be used in many different ways.
    also for reference here is the old confusing mechanics
    Spoiler
    Show

The water bender creates a mist/fog as with the mist seed, then the water bender can create very small ice spikes inside of the mist, this hinders movement and depending how many spikes there are any movement could cause small damage. Say 1hp per spike hit with the number being a dice roll from 1 to the number of spikes. Also all bending inside the mist will take a concentration check for being cut while performing the form. Each turn the water bender can cho0se to increase the spikes by 10 and add 2 to the DC for keeping the mist, or they could choose to have certain amounts of spikes focus on certain opponents/reposition the spikes with a DC 5 manipulation added to the current DC of the mist, They could choose to have the shards immobilize an 0pponent for +30 DC as in the ice shards seed, or they could choose to spend a full round action retaining the mist which keeps the DC unchanged, and finally choose to spend just a standard action to keep the mist which then causes the DC to increase by 10 each round as with any other action other than the full round to maintain.
    Last edited by Swot; 2008-08-04 at 05:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've become convinced that an earthbender should be able to move at the speed that he can Move A Rock by using it on the ground under him, but I can't figure out what seed I should use for it. And no, this isn't like Earthen Stride, that's different. Any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to let somebody else take credit for the idea, just as long as it gets put into the compendium.
    Lao Tzu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished.
    A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving.

Samurai, Anachronisms, and Swords
    Spoiler
    Show

Builder of the:

Jomei, Wandering Miner (Now an avatar thanks to Nevitan)

Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction:
    Scorched Earth

22. - Top - End - #82

Earthen Glide
    Move a Rock (Movement)+Special= Minimum DC 9, Varies
    Zak watched a his comrade began to collapse, felled by the large Earth warrior's maul. calling upon his most basic training, Zak moved the rck beneath his feet until he was standing beside the corpse of his best friend. A glare, and quick movement, and Gong was sent rushing back, finding himself very confused 30 ft away.

Move Self- By making a Earth bending check against DC 9 (for medium or smaller creatures. Large creatures have a base DC of 21,) you may move yourself 5 ft along stone or earthen footing as a move action. You may move an additional 5 ft, up to your speed, for every +2 you add to the DC (for most benders 30ft at DC 19) You ignore penalties for difficult terrain made of stone or earth (or metal, with the appropriate template)

Move Other- By making an Earthbending check against DC 9 you may move one medium sized creature 5 ft along a stone or earthen flooring as a standard action. You may move them an additional 5 ft, up to your base land speed, for each +2 you add to the DC (for most benders 30ft at DC19).The creature moved provokes any attacks of oppurtunities that this movement would normally grant other creatures, but does not provoke AoO from you. An unwilling creature gets a reflex save to negate this movement, and if they fail, they recieve another after the end of their movement to avoid falling prone in that square. You may not move a creature off of a stone or earthen surface (like off a cliff) using this form. You may not move a creature up a surface (i.e up a wall or steep hill) unless the creature could normally traverse it ( iu.e with a climb speed or similar modification)
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks. I don't suppose you know a way to combine the defensive use of Steady Stance with something else? That's another thing I think should be more useful than it is.
    Lao Tzu
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Builder of the:

Scorched Earth

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Two old ones from the old thread. The first for epic level Earthbenders, the other a generic bending form usable by everyone.

Tiger Trap

Column/Immobilize/Exacavate(+4 for 5-ft more) = DC:59

"You think you can stop me, old man? I've brought in bigger game than you before," menaced the bounty hunter from West. "And with all the trouble you've given me, I'll be sure to take my time 'subduing' you..." The old man gave a laugh and began a series of quick, complex gestures. Before the Fire Nation warrior knew what was going on, he was 10 feet below the earth, encased in solid rock and trapped in a dark cave. The Earthbender gave a smug grin and walked towards town, content in the knowledge his hunter would spend the last of his days trapped in a straight jacket in his own personal cave.

The target is dropped 10 feet below the ground, and the newly created hole is covered by 5 feet of earth. The target must make a Reflex save or be immobilized. The target is considered helpless, but can still take actions that require only mental or verbal activity. Those who fail the Reflex save can make a Strength check equal to the Earthbending check to break free as a full-round action. They can also be freed by the use of any appropriate Earthbending form or by dealing 100 points of damage to the stone. Increasing the Earthbending DC by +5 for each size category above medium allows an Earthbender can capture larger creatures. A Tiger Trap can hold up to 1 Large creature, 2 Medium, or 4 Small creatures without needing to be increased in size. Adding an additional space in the trap increases the DC by 13. Every creature beyond the first increases the DC by an additional 10. Performing the Tiger Trap form in solid stone increases the bending DC by 20.

Return Attack
    Blast+Deflect Attack=Bending DC 14

The old Earthbender had once again been cornered. This time not by some cocky mercenary, but by a young Fire Nation patriot. Poor kid, he thought. So deluded he'd actually try and capture me...and then not even want a reward! The old man had allowed himself to be 'caught' by the young boy some time ago. He knew he could break out, and this kid's old mother had given him food and a night's lodging. The least he could do was repay them with his hefty bounty. But that kid refusing to take the reward...that was where Master Tang drew the line. If he was going to suffer, the kid might as well have benefited! In a fit of rage, the ancient Earthbender threw up a cloud of dust and escaped. The police simply sighed and agreed there was no way they catch him. The boy, however, was more zealous. He ran outside and chased down the fleeing bender. The pursuit continued for three days, when Tang at last reached a massive cliffside overlooking the sea. He was trapped, and didn't want to hurt the boy. As the Fire Nation lad (who, to Tang's surprise, was a Fire Bender!) yelled various things about the Earth Kingdom King and his evils or somesuch, the Earthbending master thought back to the days of his youth. In a flash of inspiration, he remembered a form he'd developed in his earliest days of training, a form his own master had called 'highly unorthodox'. Trapped between a the sea and a Firebender, this seemed like the perfect time for something unorthodox. When the fire blasts flew towards his skull, he countered their force with his own ball of rock. Every ball of flame was destroyed with a rock that flew straight for the young Firebender. When the boy was simply too beat up to continue fighting, he fell to his knees, and asked that his death be quick and painless. Laughing, the old Earthbender simply patted him on the head, called him a "good kid", and went on his way, once again seeking out a town he might call home for awhile.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here's a Waterbending seed I came up with reading through the old thread and this one.

Defender
    Golem+Pressure+Ice Shards(ranged)=Minimum DC 39

Terkal was the only waterbender in the village when it was attacked. The situation seemed hopeless. Wave after wave of soldiers marched forth from the iron-clad Fire Navy ships, though thankfully, few Firebenders. The elders and children were sheltered in a small hut on the far side of the village, and it was here where Terkal made his stand.

"Step aside, Water Tribe filth," spat the commander of the Fire Nation troops. "Surrender, and we may be merciful. You can't hold back us all."

"Can't I?" Terkal retorted, closing his eyes for a brief instant as he concentrated. He raised his hands, and before him wrought something terrible. A massive man of water formed from the snow. Its eyes glowed with a blue light, and its arms were wrapped in dozens of frozen shards.

The Fire Nation soldiers held their ground, until its first strike. With a backhanded blow, it drove the nearest warrior a solid twenty feet, driving him to the ground. The others broke and ran, but Terkal was not yet done. From the gloem's arms flew volleys of icy shards, sending flying those unlucky souls they struck. The Fire Nation would remember well their defeat. Terkal sighed as the ships began to pull away, allowing his construct to melt into the ground. They would remember it very well.

Creates a golem, as the seed, but also enables the waterbender to fling icy shards from its arms, as the ranged description of Ice Shards. Both its melee attacks and Ice Shards drive enemies back in a bull rush, using the bender's Wisdom score as the golem's Strength score, as per the Pressure seed.

And a lower level form this inspired as I typed it, no fluff yet. If you have any, feel free to write it up. If not, I'll probably have something soon.

Protective Bubble
    Pressure+Hemisphere= Minimum DC 20

The Waterbender creates an impenetrable shield around a target of their choice within their bending range. This functions similarly to the Hemisphere seed, but creatures attempting to force their way through are bull rushed straight backwards, as the Pressure template. If the bull rush fails, the creature may enter normally, but if they leave and enter again, they are bull rushed again. Also, any attempt to force the shield against someone fails to push them back, and the bender must succeed on a DC 15 Concentration check or be unable to maintain the shield.
    Last edited by Tar Palantir; 2008-08-07 at 11:44 AM.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure if this one works, but the idea seemed good when I thought of it.

Stone Shackle Shove (Level 6)

Steady Stance(offensive) + Move A Rock = Base Earthbending DC 24

Spoiler
    Show
    Jomei performed a double-punch maneuver that sent two small stone runners racing across the ground. When they hit his enemy's ankles, they not only engulfed them, rendering him unable to move, but with Jomei's next movement, they kept going, dragging him back...over the edge of the immense cliff behind him.

If the earthbender's opponent fails their reflex save, they may be moved as far as the earthbender may Move A Rock. After they have been moved, the opponent is freed from the effects of the form automatically.
    Lao Tzu
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Builder of the:

Scorched Earth

27. - Top - End - #87

SwashbucklerGuy

Has the Dancing Dragon move been made yet?

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Firbolg in the Playground

Has the Dancing Dragon move been made yet?
    Dancing Dragon appears to be a form in the contemporary McDojo sense - a string of associated moves philosophically based that look pretty. I combed ideas for firebending seeds pretty hard, but I can't think of any possible mechanical benefit it represents. We never see it get used in combat or, really, for anything besides its plot link.

29. - Top - End - #89

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Dancing Dragon appears to be a form in the contemporary McDojo sense - a string of associated moves philosophically based that look pretty. I combed ideas for firebending seeds pretty hard, but I can't think of any possible mechanical benefit it represents. We never see it get used in combat or, really, for anything besides its plot link.
    Oh? I thought I saw Zuko using it in the battle with Azula

I like piezzzzz
    Haley likes pirates,
    Why don't you?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh? I thought I saw Zuko using it in the battle with Azula
    It's generally been noticed that his fighting style became more fluid after that episode. You may well be right; I've only seen the fight twice and the first time I was wide-eyed and slack-jawed. But I still doubt that it's significantly different enough to warrant any kind of special note. D&D doesn't, by default, differentiate between a kick and a punch - that sort of thing is left to the players.