New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default [4e] Need to change pact.

So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling). What kind of guests you think I can expect? What other good option for changing pacts?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Need to change pact.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuan View Post
    So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling). What kind of guests you think I can expect? What other good option for changing pacts?
    Which pact do you like better Star or Fey?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Which pact do you like better Star or Fey?
    Fey looks good.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

As far as I know, there are no rules to changing Pact... much less a description as to what exactly each Pact entails.

So, depending on your setting, I'd imagine that actually breaking the Pact is going to be an adventure in and of itself. These are kind of Deals with the Devil which I imagine must be even harder to break than merely the worship of standard gods. You may need to travel to a sacred space of your new Pacting Entity and undergo a ritual which places you under the protection of this new Entity. In the meantime, your old Pacting Entity may send minions (devils or demons or such... maybe even other Warlocks) to claim your soul before you can break your Pact.

Talk with your DM about how he'd want to run this, is my suggestion.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling). What kind of guests you think I can expect?
    Hmm? Guests? Do you mean Quests?

What other good option for changing pacts?
    There are 3 warlock pacts -- Fey pact (forming a deal with a Fey power), Infernal (forming a deal with a Devilish power), or Star (forming a deal with a Far Realm power).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling).
    What do you mean by "less dangerous" exactly?
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Fey Pact would be the least dangerous of all. Some Fey are actually relatively benign (albeit unknowable and alien to us). I'd definately stay away from the Star Pact if you're looking for safety: Granted, abandoning a deal with a devil to make a new deal with an incomprehensible Lovecraftian horror that man was not meant to know will certainly get you out of the frying pan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    As far as I know, there are no rules to changing Pact... much less a description as to what exactly each Pact entails.
    Precisely. That would indicate, then, that you cannot break your pact (just like paladins can't fall any more, and clerics can't get into trouble with their deity in 4E). Breaking a pact would mean you're violating some restriction placed upon you by that pact, and restricting players in any fashion would be considered Not Fun and is therefore not part of the game.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The retraining rules let you re-choose a class feature. Your pact is a class feature, so you can retrain it. That would change your second at-will power at the same time. You would have to retrain individual powers at future level-ups, however.