New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Moon Knight

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Moon Knight

Recently I've been getting into Moon knight quite a lot. I have to say I'm enjoying reading the old ones. I've given the new ones a read but I have to say I'm not much of a fan, then again I'm not much of a fan of new comics in general, too many pictures and too few words for me.

So I was wondering what the mighty people on this forum think of Moon Knight. I ended up buying the original moon knight series on eBay, all 38 issues.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Moon Knight

I don't really know whether to take Moon Knight as a character seriously. I guess it's something about the three different personalities. Though I do like him.

Would Moon Knight be considered the Marvel equivalent to Batman or would that go to the Black Panther? I haven't read any Moon Knight stuff so I wouldn't really know; he just seems quite Batman-esque.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Moon Knight is Batman minus the technical pacifism. He kills people, a lot of people. He's also currently depowered and devoid of the multiple personalities. He is still clinically insane. I personally like the new series, it's gritty and dark.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-07-09 at 09:23 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the new ones too. Although I tend to prefer newer comics in general, much darker, and usually better written.
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I like the new Moon Knight series and grab it every time a new one comes out, but I find myself not actually reading it. Don't get me wrong, I read it eventually, but it is usually a few weeks later that I say "Oh crap, I forgot to read Moon Knight" and have to figure out where I put it.
    Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Some good early Bill Sienkewicz in those old issues, with Klaus Janson inking if memory serves...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

For me I just prefer older comics in general. The new ones are quite dark I agree, but for me the art doesn't seem comicy. I just don't find them having enough text either. I've got the entire original moon knight series run. Then again he's had a stupid amount of series. Now if I can just find werewolf by night number 32...
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.