New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Watchtower--Aftermath

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure Kyrill will be "shaken", while will mean a -2 to all his rolls and such. His Will Save is so abysmal I just went ahead and figured it would happen going into the fight. I think we've got too many HD to become frightened (fleeing for our lives) from what I remember of "frightful presence".

2. - Top - End - #752
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show
    You won't be sent running instantly, no, but you probably will be the second time. Fear stacks. First time the dragon attacks, you fail a save and get shaken. Second time, you fail and get bumped up to frightened - which is already forcing you to run away, though you do at least get to choose the path and not drop anything. To prevent this, you have to be immune to fear, make at least one of the two saves, or have more hit dice than the dragon does. I can't find any fear immunity abilities or buffs on anyone's character sheet, and I can practically guarantee you the dragon has more than 10 hit dice, so succeeding on the save or staying away from the dragon is essential.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm immune to Mind Affecting and then like an additional +1 vs fear if that doesn't work for some reason. Our bard is also, you know, a bard. I've not really been following, but is it the same day or would I have had time to change up my selected powers?
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

4. - Top - End - #754

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah, Inspire Courage adds to saves vs fear doesn't it? That should help a lot.

I'm pretty sure this is still the same day.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I was immune to fear effects while in the blood rage... Maybe the moon calves would be dumb enough to do that to me again.

Kyrill's will save is +9. Inspire courage will boost it to +14, raging to +16. If the save DC is 25, there's a 50:50 chance he's going to get hit.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, here's what we're going to do...
    If Stycotl actually approves that particular abuse of the rules, much to my surprise, I might actually go for it if we decide on a quick assault. I have to get at least one crit every 10 rounds to maintain the bonus, so any plan involving that would have to include frequent combat or get all the toughest enemies down in the first skirmish.
    right. nice though.

the fluff text of blood in the water specifically mentions that it is a frenzy of some sort (hence the allusion to sharks). even without that fluff text, i would rule that this requires some sort of visiousness, some sort of desire to break bones, slash arteries, and kill foes–something you can't get with acting on a stage or beating your friends at bloody knuckles.

anyway, so no, it won't work.

On a more serious note, does anyone have a way to help the lower will save folks deal with Frightful Presence? In my prior player experience with dragons, that's a major problem unless the DM house rules that repeated uses of it don't stack.
    now, that is definitely a problem that you guys will have to work with. it is perfectly reasonable for all of you to have an understanding of dragonfear. some of you will even have felt it before. whether or not these alien dragons have the same abilities remains to be seen....

and yes, fear stacks.

this might be one of the areas where a bard can kick some ass and be extremely valuable to the party.

it is the evening of the same day, an hour or two before sunset now.

I was immune to fear effects while in the blood rage... Maybe the moon calves would be dumb enough to do that to me again.
    maybe....

Tegen pats the great bear on the shoulder.

Nope. It means that we are close though. I am betting that we will beat the convoy to the pass; if that happens, we'll all have time to rest and prepare.

So, who is going to be on the insert team?

At everyone's hesitation to answer, she explains.

Who's going into the mech once we decide which one is our target? I'd need at least two of you, and you have to be quick, sneaky, and good with your hands. Small size is a huge plus too.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    here's a solution. Maybe not the best, but it might work. Kyrill could go into the mech in human form. That way he wouldn't see the dragon. We could have him sitting out of sight while someone else enters. If the insertion team gets the job done without being seen, great. But if they're spotted, sneakiness won't matter anymore. Teleport kyrill in and he can be the brawn if things go badly.
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-05-23 at 10:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Levi

The psychic's mind expands through the network, "I would like to be involved in the infiltration. I am innately skilled in stealth and can quickly move myself out of close combat range if the need arises to bring in someone new. I may not be the best with my hands but I'm probably the best we have. I can also quickly and easily memorize routes and large amounts of information with but a glance."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Calypso

If necessary, I can probably handle that. Imagine a flying creature about a foot and a half tall. And if something goes wrong, I can get out quickly. On the other hand, I might be more useful keeping the monsters busy, so I guess it depends if anybody else is better suited to the task.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Tegen cautions the others.

I wouldn't recommend trying to fly in one of those things. First of all, they are moving–crawling and climbing bangs you around enough as it is, but at least there you are holding on to something. Second of all, there are open gear wells, ducts for the exhaust, and many other hazards that would make careening around inside of a mech at high speed a risky venture.

But hey, this is your party, so I'll just let you guys do what you want.

Kurukshetra and Dalbar are gone for upwards of an hour when finally Kyrill rounds the corner of a large dune and everyone stops in their tracks for just a moment.

Before the team rises the largest sand dune any of them have ever seen. As Tegen said earlier, this mountain of cascading sand is miles wide, and the pass itself is probably 1,500 feet above them or so. Both peaks on either side of the pass rise another 2,000 feet above that.

Looking about, the dust cloud is visible to their right–to the northwest of them–but it is still behind a decent number of sand dunes, and maybe half a mile away. It is apparent that the convoy will arrive half way up the base of the dune by climbing a series of smaller ones that have drifted up alongside it. Their path will still be steep, but not dangerously so.

The Watchtower however, has made its way to the base, and now has a long ascent ahead of them at a 30-40º angle, though with probably a third of the remaining distance that the convoy will need to travel. Of course, the usual "two steps forward, one step back" that refers to walking in the sand might just be even worse when trying to climb so steep of a dune.

The radiant dragon and gnome rider circle back into view.

We must climb now! The convoy has picked up speed. I think that they intend to make the other side before nightfall.

If Calypso and I ferry people to the top, we might be able to get everyone up to the pass before the convoy comes into view. Start climbing, and we'll come and fly you all up one by one. Kyrill is the only one that would have to climb the whole way, I think.

Even as he addresses the others, the sun's last ray sinks below the sand of the horizon, and the twilight of evening is complete. They have perhaps another hour of false-light, and then darkness will be upon them.

Tegen groans as she gets a good view of the southern horizon from this altitude. A pale green luminescence lights the night down there, flickering and throbbing like distant lightning in unearthly clouds.

Let's get this over with quickly so that we can find a hole to burrow into and wait out the night.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    i'm hiking tomorrow morning through early evening. i want to try to get everyone to post at least once before we get to the top of the pass; that way i can figure out: a) who is still with us; b) where people want to be during this ambush.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kyrill shifts into his natural, half-orc form.

If you are provide lift, I will happily ride as well.

He directs another private stream to Kuru. I know that we have not properly talked over what we are do. Would it be better to hide in dunes and wait until nightfall, rather than attempt full-frontal assault?

Spoiler
    Show
    Man! Purposefully screwing up my grammar in a consistent way is tough...
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-05-25 at 06:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

that's the battleground at the pass. notice the white-to-tan gradient from the bottom right toward top left. that is the lowest end of the map. the highest end is the ridge at the upper left that you can see.

on both right and left sides of the ridge is high ground (that's the pass itself). the team can hide on the opposite side of the ridge as the convoy approaches (from the white area at the bottom right). the ridge itself sits about 200 feet above the white area, and the right and left sides of the pass itself rise another 100 feet above the ridge in the confines of the map (farther out, they rise higher, but are not close enough to be of any tactical use by any except levi).

caly will have to get the heavier teammates; a pegasus can carry stuff that kuru can't yet.

Twilight is actually the best time to attack anything–generally speaking. I think that we can plan a pretty good strategy here if we are careful and observant enough.

Then he flies back and forth to the pass, carrying teammates.

I suggest that we place the artillery on the high flanks, and the heavy hitters on the opposite side of the pass itself. Then Tegen can direct those of us that can hide and stalk to lay in the sand where the convoy will be approaching. Of course, final positions will depend upon the exact formation of the mechs, but this is the general idea.

Mind you, this is just my suggestion. We have a few moments, so let us start strategizing. The convoy was earlier in a pretty standard patrol formation; light mechs were up front as a skirmish force. the heavies were in the middle, and some medium to light-sized mechs were in the rear.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

14. - Top - End - #764

At the start of the steep climb, Kelurn decides he's had it with the sand and takes a step straight up. He proceeds to nonchalantly march up the dune as if treating air as solid stone to walk on were an everyday occurrence.

It would be best if we could get the hostages out undetected, but I doubt we can actually pull that off. If anyone has a plan for doing so that you think would work, let's hear it. Otherwise, I think we should be planning an ambush to maximize the benefit of surprise.

I can hide myself well and you saw my fighting skill earlier. If there's something important behind the front lines, I could try to take it out early. We could get one other heavy hitter in right away without worrying about stealth by having Calypso teleport in and Levi swap, as well.

What magical enhancements can each of you provide if we get the timing right on using them before springing the ambush? Flight would be most welcome, Sefu, and whatever you call that battle information display thing, Levi. And your magically inspiring words, of course, Erfel. Anything else?

Spoiler
    Show
    Difficult terrain? What difficult terrain? Using Step of the Dancing Moth stance.

Greater Mage Armor would be very nice for me, btw. My Bracers of Armor are only +1 and I have no actual armor, so it would give me +5 AC.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Calypso

I can enhance any natural weapons you might have. Otherwise, none of my currently prepared magic would be of use beforehand.

I think I'll switch to blink dog form once we get there, so I can be wherever I need to go at a moment's notice.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If it is no trouble, you could enhance my ability to bite the devils.

I shall activate my wings before they arrive, but I have no other preparations to make, after I put on my armor.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Dalbar
    Dalbar rouses himself from a deep contemplation and sends his considerable intellect wheeling through the network.
    Levi? You can copy certain effects so they are distributed to members of the network, yes? If that would serve the turn to copy a spell... I think I can make us all invisible.
    A disturbance can be felt as Dalbar rifles through the lattice works of his prepared magics.
    I could also enlarge our fighters and provide a modicum of magical armor.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2009-05-25 at 04:45 PM.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll put up a better post later, but if you were casting invisibility you'd have to ensure to lower your caster level on it down to 10 so I can echo it. I'm... not entirely sure how to convey that IC at the moment. Need food.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    A HUGE werebear?

I'm getting a picture of Godzilla vs. Megagodzilla, except instead of Godzilla, it's Kyrill the Were-Bear.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not really understanding the map, to be honest (I've more experience with topographical maps. What is the dark line going lower-left to top-right?

Kyrill will settle in where he can pop up and destroy stuff.

If I've got this right: Kyrill's going to have Magic Fang, Enlarge Person, and his flying boots activated going into this thing. What's the modifier for Magic Fang?

P.S. I don't think I can fully express how excited I am about him being HUGE sized for this encounter, particularly with his adamantine fullblade. It really does remind me of a scene out of Power Rangers or something.

Need a little help though:
    Large Fullblade: 3d8 damage. The chart doesn't have that listed. It does have a Large 1d8 listed, though. 1d8 Large --> 2d6 Huge. So would 3d8 Large --> 6d6 Huge?
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-05-26 at 02:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not really understanding the map, to be honest (I've more experience with topographical maps. What is the dark line going lower-left to top-right?
    the map is a bird's eye view of the sand dune. the diagonal line is the crest of the sand dune; so the dune's two flanks face northwest and southeast respectively. you guys came from the southeast side of the map. the convoy is coming from the same direction.

the gradient color of the map (white to tan) is supposed to kind of replace topo details, cuz i'm not drawing up a topo.

the lower right (whiter than the top) is lower in elevation, and the crest (the line at the upper left) is higher. the extremes of the crest disappear off the page, where they rise in elevation too. the part of the crest visible to you guys on the map is the lowest part of the sand dune's crest, which makes it the easiest place for mechs to cross–like a mountain pass.

any confusion still? if anyone else is confused, please let me know. i have a hard time explaining things, so i might have lost you guys there.

Need a little help though:
    Large Fullblade: 3d8 damage. The chart doesn't have that listed. It does have a Large 1d8 listed, though. 1d8 Large --> 2d6 Huge. So would 3d8 Large --> 6d6 Huge?
    which book is it in? i thought it was complete warrior, but i couldn't find it.

i still need you to pick a square. as an enormous tank, you're gonna want to hide behind the crest of the dune (assuming that no one has a better plan than kuru's), maybe around 14m or so; that entire white area at the crest is on the opposite side from where the convoy is coming, so you can hunker down there without being seen.

i need the rest to pick a square too.

Tegen listens to Kelurn's idea.

All of it sounds good except for the teleporting into a mech part. That is generally a disaster waiting to happen unless it is stationary, or you are looking through the bridge windows of a citymech. With it constantly pitching and rolling makes it hard to gauge the distance and elevation, and most people that try this put themselves right into a bank of gears or something. Messy way to go...

Kurukshetra perks up, his keen ears alert to something.

Listen.

After a few moments, the distant clatter and thrum of machinery that echoes through the team's minds as the dragon focuses his senses becomes audible, and a cloud of black smoke suddenly belches from behind a lower sand dune half-way up the Shifting Pass.

The sand underfoot trembles and begins to rattle down the sides of the dune in rivulets. A gout of steam blasts into view, followed by the hard-cranking sounds of a massive mech's gears as it struggles up the sides of the dune. Though still out of view behind the lower dunes, the noise generated by the eight mechs is tremendous, and the ground-shaking clamor of their heavy footsteps powerful enough to split stone.

Tegen's mental voice is excited as she relates what she hears to the others.

The barbagulas are coming first; I can hear their engines approaching. They are small and fast, and are not worth us trying to capture unless they hold crew members. Take their legs out from under them and they won't be able to fight.

If we can take out the dignitaries too–those are the two mechs almost as large as the giant skullcrusher–then we're in business. But someone will need to destroy the vipers too–there are two of those as well. They are just a bit larger than the barbagulas.

I'll stay back here and try to coach you through this. Take their legs out if you can; without mobility, they can't do much. The skullcrusher will be the hardest to kill or immobilize, and it walks on four legs.

Prepare...

Another moment passes before the massive gray hull of one of the mechs appears from behind one of the sand dunes. Its legs are still not visible yet, hidden by the 20-foot tall, tapering end of the dune. It stands 50 feet tall though, shaped roughly like a humanoid with an enormous boiler on its back. Its head is an elongated cab of some sort, with narrow, slatted windows all down its length–firing ports and piloting windows. Its two massive appendages cradle a rifled cannon barrel that is almost as long as the mech is tall, its caliber great enough that Levi or Calypso could stand upright in the barrel without hunching.

That is one of the dignitaries. The barbagulas will be in front of it, though they are still below the sand dunes right–oh, never mind, here they come...

Eighty feet in front of the dignitary, a column of steam and smoke suddenly belches up into the sky, and a smaller mech comes into view, followed quickly by two more. These mechs are small–as far as their relatives are concerned. They stand only 15 feet tall, though they obviously weigh several tons each. They have a small, cramped cockpit that is armored heavily enough to look like a large steel barrel with viewports. Long, gangly legs seem too unwieldy to even support the mech standing, but are in fact quite graceful, and propel the mechs up the steep sand dunes with easy speed. Long, mechanical arms wield shining lances and nasty chain whips.

The three mechs rapidly approach the pass, though they are still 200 feet away. Kurukshetra slithers down into the sand below the crest (20r), wings held up and angled back so that the sunlight glinting off of his scales is visible to his team, rather than to the convoy. The he settles into the dune, flattening his body like a viper and covering himself with the fine particles.

Spoiler
    Show

you all have the chance before the initiative count begins to place yourself wherever you want. as soon as you tell me what square you are in, roll initiative. i forgot to place tegen. she'll be at 19k so that she can oversee.

the lead barbagula is the only one close enough to be onscreen. the other two are off to its flanks in a staggered column (the left flank is next closest, at about 40 feet behind it and to the left). the dignitary is still more than 200 feet away.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2009-05-26 at 04:58 PM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kyrill Medvedyev - Pathfinder Half-Orc Were-Bear
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 211/211, AC: 33 (35 against ranged attacks), T: 14, FF:33, DR: 10/silver + 2/-, Fortitude: 16, Reflex: 10, Will: 9, Initiative: -3, Scent: aware of creatures within 30' (60' downwind, 15' upwind), low-light vision, darkvision 60', improved uncanny dodge (cannot be flanked), trap sense +3, orc ferocity, endurance, Size: Large, Reach: 10', Speed: 30'
    +1 Magebane Adamantine Fullblade Atk: +21/+16 Dmg: 3d8+17. (Against arcane casters, becomes +3 Fullblade dealing 3d8+2d6+19 dmg)
    +4 divine bonus to all d20 rolls for next 24 hours (included below)

AC: 29 (31 against ranged attacks)
    Flying: 1/60 rounds, 40'
    Rage 1/12: +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Will Saves, -2 AC, 20 temp HP
    Enlarge Person (HUGE): +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -1 Attack, -1 AC, 15' reach/size
    Regular Huge Fullblade Attack: +27/+22 Dmg: 6d6+22
    Against Arcane Casters: +29/+24 Dmg: 6d6+2d6+24
    Bite attack: +23 Dmg: 2d6+7

Spoiler
    Show
    14M is fine by me. Fullblade stats are at http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/weapons.pl?all The weapon starts off as 2d8 Medium, and bumps to 3d8 Large. Based on the size charts, I'm guessing 6d6 Huge...

Kyrill hunkers down, trying to hide his newly enlarged bulk. The anticipation claws at him, and he can begin to feel himself sink into the mental focus that he became so accustomed to during his years in the war.

Taking a moment, he activates his boots, ready to give chase this time if anything tries to fly away: "крыла!" [krila], he whispers under his breath, looking down to ensure that the wings sprout from around his calves. He prays that they will hold up his weight.

Now all that is left to do is to bring his mind from its calm state to boiling, a familiar act, but one that now gives him pause. Worry lines his face, and he glances quickly at the others. Perhaps he could control the fires within him during this battle...? No. The situation is too dangerous to not go full power against these monstrosities. Thoughts of revenge, of the violation of his mind, bring him quickly into his rage. The fires course through his blood, and he feels his muscles quicken with anticipation. It becomes all he can do to sit and wait for the right moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    I figured I'd go ahead and narrate the fluff, but the rage is a readied action, and I'm assuming enlarge person has already been cast. I haven't included Magic Fang yet, since I don't know whether it's +1 or +5. I also don't have an Inspire Courage in there.

I also think it's rather silly that enlarging something from Medium to Large has the same result to ability scores as enlarging something from Large to Huge... But such is life. If only the monster manual tables for enlarging creatures applied (+8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +3 Natural Armor)!
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-05-26 at 07:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Fullblade stats are at http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/weapons.pl?all The weapon starts off as 2d8 Medium, and bumps to 3d8 Large. Based on the size charts, I'm guessing 6d6 Huge...
    looks fine to me.

from now on, put your current ability scores in your little ooc stat pack so that i can keep track of buffs–for those that haven't already been doing it.

Kurukshetra calls to the others as he settles into the sand in his ambush position.

Sefu and Tiger, come with me. We will pounce on these things when they get close; we can maneuver in close with the least chance of getting stomped underfoot, I think. Levi, when one of us is beside one of the mechs–whichever machine seems to be the biggest threat at the moment–switch him with Kyrill, and then switch another one with Kelurn. Kyrill and Kelurn, prepare for the assault. Dalbar and Erfel are artillery; get to a place from which you can hit hard. Calypso, you get to choose what job you take, since you can shift forms. But if you can get into the pilot's seat of one of those mechs, that might prove to be very advantageous. I want Sefu and myself to work on getting in one of the larger mechs after we've already gotten Kyrill and Kelurn into position, so Tegen, stand by to tell us where to go and how to do it.

Questions? Concerns?

Even as he is talking, the mechs are moving, and the closest one approaches within 150 feet of the team's position.

Tegen answers.

If Caly can get into the pilot's seat of one of the mechs, I might be able to guide her through some basic maneuvers. I'm not sure, mind you, since each mech is different and I am no mech jockey, but we can give it a try.

As far as you two assaulting the mechs, I'll show you right where to hit them.

She turns to Sefu before he heads out and tosses him a small, ceramic block.

That is an explosive compound. When you are ready to use it, pull the black tar paper off of the bottom of it. That exposes the adhesive and the safety. Reach into the hole, pull the safety ring, and then stick it on whatever you want to destroy–most likely the hatch to a mech–and then get out of the way, either behind something or back about twenty feet. It generally takes about three or four seconds for the solution to mix once you pull the ring.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

24. - Top - End - #774

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we have time for any pre-buffing, or does the procession start arriving right when we get in position?

Also, Sinenomine hasn't posted anywhere in 3 weeks. What are we going to do about his character, Sefu? In particular, since he doesn't seem to be around to make the decision himself, can we declare that he cast Greater Mage Armor and Fly on whoever asks (which would include me), and NPC him for the fight?
    Last edited by Douglas; 2009-05-26 at 11:11 PM.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Do we have time for any pre-buffing, or does the procession start arriving right when we get in position?
    yeah, you guys had plenty of time.

Also, Sinenomine hasn't posted anywhere in 3 weeks. What are we going to do about his character, Sefu? In particular, since he doesn't seem to be around to make the decision himself, can we declare that he cast Greater Mage Armor and Fly on whoever asks (which would include me), and NPC him for the fight?
    congrats! you just won the opportunity to npc sefu for this encounter (i can't play him for this, since i am... was (well, we'll see) planning something special here.

yeah, he buffs anyone that needs it. this is your last encounter in this place as far as you guys are aware, so feel free to nova if you want (you guys are all planning on going home right after this battle).

course, i could be planning something special...

if sine doesn't show up sometime before this battle ends then i will figure out a reason why sefu disappears for a while. that will give sine a little bit of a grace period in case he has a legit reason for disappearing. otherwise, he'll just become an npc or something if i ever need it.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2009-05-26 at 11:19 PM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Calypso

Teleporting into the mech doesn't worry me. I've hit tougher targets than that. I don't miss. So I'll see if I can get into one, and then we'll see how things go from there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Magic Fang is +1. I'm only working at CL 5 here.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrian, human rogue

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Dalbar
    Exhaling deeply Dalbar uses a measure of the arcane to strengthen and lengthen Kyrill's already massive frame. Thinking for a moment he makes a noise akin to a giggle, if master wizards giggled which they obviously don't, and weaves a second magic that makes Kyrill indiscernible to the weak willed. As the now huge Kyrill vanishes to the naked eye he laughs.
    Splendid!
    OOO
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dalbar casts Enlarge (Duh!) and Greater Invisibility (Giggle.). So our enemies get to play with a huge fullblade wielding raging werebear. We live in interesting times.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed we do, sir! I'm feeling rather epic with all these buffs. Thanks, fellas!

New Statblock:
    Kyrill Medvedyev - Pathfinder Half-Orc Were-Bear
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 211/211, AC: 33 (35 against ranged attacks), T: 14, FF:33, DR: 10/silver + 2/-, Fortitude: 16, Reflex: 10, Will: 9, Initiative: -3, Scent: aware of creatures within 30' (60' downwind, 15' upwind), low-light vision, darkvision 60', improved uncanny dodge (cannot be flanked), trap sense +3, orc ferocity, endurance, Size: Large, Reach: 10', Speed: 30'
    +1 Magebane Adamantine Fullblade Atk: +21/+16 Dmg: 3d8+17. (Against arcane casters, becomes +3 Fullblade dealing 3d8+2d6+19 dmg)
    +4 divine bonus to all d20 rolls for next 24 hours (included below)

All bonuses have been included in the following numbers, so (for instance) don't add a bonus of +1 for magic fang.
    Str: 39, Dex: 14, Con: 28, Int: 14, Wis: 14, Cha: 12. AC: 30 (32 against ranged attacks)
    Flying: 1/60 rounds, 70'
    Reflex:+11
    Haste: +1 attack/ac/reflex, extra attack, +30 feet
    Rage 1/12: +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Will Saves, -2 AC, 20 temp HP
    Enlarge Person (HUGE): +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -1 Attack, -1 AC, 15' reach/size
    Regular Huge Fullblade Attack: +28/+28/+23 Dmg: 6d6+22
    Against Arcane Casters: +30/+30/+25 Dmg: 6d6+2d6+24
    Magic Fang +1 Bite attack: +25 Dmg: 2d6+8

Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-05-27 at 10:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, Sefu casts Greater Mage Armor and Fly on me, and Fly, Shield, and See Invisibility on himself. And, to add more hilarity to Dalbar's little stunt, Greater Invisibility on both. We now have three invisible front liners.

Dalbar, how about Haste too, and start Inspire Courage a moment before we attack?

Let's see, assuming Dalbar adds Haste that makes the stat blocks:
    Kelurn
    HP: 160/160 AC:39 T:31 FF:39 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) Init: (1d20+12)[30]
    Fort: +16, Ref: +21, Will: +24
    Buffs: Divine Boon (+4 all rolls for 24 hours, included in above numbers), Greater Mage Armor, Fly, Greater Invisibility (17r), Haste (10r)
    Stance: Blood in the Water (currently +0)
    Maneuvers readied:
    Counter Charge, Sapphire Nightmare Flurry, Shadow Jaunt, Zephyr Dance, Mind Over Body, Insightful Strike, Leaping Flame, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Iron Heart Surge, Ruby Nightmare Flurry, Rapid Closing, Dancing Mongoose

Sefu
    HP: 132/132 - AC: 40 (T:24/29 FF: 26) - Saves: F18 R23 W17 (Mettle, evasion) - Common skills: Listen +3, Spot -2, Move silently +20, Hide +19 - Initiative: (1d20+11)[21]
    Buffs: Divine bonus +4, Heart of fire, Heart of air, Heart of earth, Heart of water, Greater Mage armor, Fly (9m), Shield (9m), Greater Invisibility (18r), Haste (10r) - Stance: Assassin's stance
    Used spell slots: 1° x3, 2° x3, 3° x6, 4° x4, 5° x1 - Used maneuvers: None - Used items: Minor extend rod 5/6, Extend rod 3/3
    Darkvision 60ft - Low-light vision (x2) - Discriminating hearing - Disseccation resistence 10 - Fire resistance 20 - Divine companion (7 spell levels)

Buff effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    +10 enhancement to jump checks
    +5 enhancement to escape artist checks
    +10 enhancment to fly speed (if possessing one)
    +10 enhancement to land speed, Swim speed equal to land speed (confering +8 racial on swim checks)
    +8 unnamed bonus for checks to resist being tripped, bullrushed or overrun
    resistance to fire 20
    water breathing (as the spell)
    total fortification
    +6 armor bonus to AC
    Fly
    +8 shield bonus to AC
    Invisible
    Hasted

I think that's correct.

Kelurn will start slightly over the hill from the mechs to give Kuru and Sefu a short trip back into the fray, and Sefu with Kuru to spring the ambush.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to roll initiative. (1d20+1)[9]
    I'll go back and add haste to my stat block.