New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Watchtower--Aftermath

Levi
    HP: 52/98 AC:27 T:16 FF:27 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: 22
    Buffs: Battlesense (Circumstance: +2 Attack +1 AC), Energy Adaptation, Freedom of Movement, True Seeing, and Empathic Feedback.
    Debuffs: Antimagic Field (-2 all stats, -2AC from shield/armor)
    Immune: Mind-Affecting, Ability Damage/Drain, Energy Drain, Acid
    SR 20. DR 5/Magic. Darkvision 60ft, Superior Low-light vision (x4)

Levi groans as he is assaulted, ruining his concentration and forcing him to not take the shot as he had planned. Struggling against the beast he feels the immense power of the Network leaving him as his psionic power shrinks back. His turban begins to peel back and a stream of green ooze runs down his face as a mass of slime worms its way out from his skull to lash out at the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Autohypnosis to Memorize what it looks like: (1d20+8)[20] DC 15.
    Fort Save: (1d20+8)[12]
    Opposed grapple check: (1d20+9)[17]

If Levi can break free he will attempt to move away from the creature. If he moves up to 40ft and finds that he has left the field he will Dimension Swap with someone on the ground more suited for standing in this thing's face. If he cannot escape in this manner he will move back (5ft step) and have his tentacle hold it off (use the rolls below). In which case he will fire upon it.

Ranged Attack: (1d20+15)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]
    Ranged Attack: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[7]

If concealment is needed (1d100)[80](1d100)[24], low as failure.

Sneak Attack applies if the Tentacle gets it in a grapple because the creature would be denied its Dex bonus
    (2d6)[3]
    (2d6)[12]

In the case of a crit
    (1d20+15)[23]
    (1d20+10)[26]

3/5 shots remaining.

If Levi cannot break away...
    Grapple check to escape: (1d20+9)[13]
    Sentient Tentacle:
    Touch Attack to enter Grapple: (1d20+7)[16] +2 if Levi's Noncombatant does not affect it as it technically acts independently.
    Grapple Check: (1d20+13)[16]

I'd prefer to have Levi use Aid Another on the Tentacle to escape but if the Tentacle has to aid him, so be it.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-09-16 at 02:46 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

Heart of earth gives a one time shot of CL*2 temporary hp (max 30) at the start of the buff. Minor Shapeshift as a swift action gives me HD in temporary hp for a swift action that lasts five rounds.

Per rules compendium temporary HP stack from different sources.

Per magic item compendium, ability boosters don't cost extra to put on top of another item (even another ability booster item). I'll add in a location for all of them though. In my book magic items *do not matter* because they are just wealth statted out.

When rebuilding him I forgot that heart of earth gave hp. I made errors in my previous posts. I'll edit Shek's sheet tonight to give locations though.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by archerpwr View Post
    Heart of earth gives a one time shot of CL*2 temporary hp (max 30) at the start of the buff. Minor Shapeshift as a swift action gives me HD in temporary hp for a swift action that lasts five rounds.

Per rules compendium temporary HP stack from different sources.

Per magic item compendium, ability boosters don't cost extra to put on top of another item (even another ability booster item). I'll add in a location for all of them though. In my book magic items *do not matter* because they are just wealth statted out.

When rebuilding him I forgot that heart of earth gave hp. I made errors in my previous posts. I'll edit Shek's sheet tonight to give locations though.
    ok, but we're playing by my book right now. give it a location, but tell me what the item is as well. they do matter in my games, especially when i start with evil-dm-sundering and stuff like that. this isn't even a houserule; this is normal gameplay.

as regarding heart of earth and air, i still need to know where the spells are located.

getting to your post, tacitus, but till then, you have listed empathic transfer as a buff, but it's an instantaneous effect. tell me what i'm missing. gimme another little bit for the rest...
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2008-09-14 at 11:26 PM.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, it should read Empathic Feedback, something echoed off Renatus.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The heart spells are from complete mage
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

Formal names added and yes, complete mage.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ah, gracias, amigos. crazy couple o' days. it'll take me a bit to reboot.

i'm gonna warn you guys now, there will be times when i can't really update much for a few days. i'm a full-time student, full-time multimedia artist, full time husband/dad, a volunteer at my church, and we just bought a house a few months ago that we are renovating before we can move in. so i get busy sometimes.

but, i promise that i am not going to just ditch the campaign. so long as there are two or more people that consistently post, i will do my best to have 5+ posts per week. most of the time it will be more than that.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey man, take your time. Internet cannot compare to the requirements of the life thing.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

I do PbP for a reason.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    duke, if you want, you can reroll initiative, since i rolled for you last. your choice, but if you roll, you have to stick with it.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

11. - Top - End - #71
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Spoiler
    Show

No, I'm cool. Are we waiting on me?

We probably also need an OOC thread to keep this uncluttered...

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    no, we're waiting on me. it's coming.

also, i prefer not to have an ooc thread. but i'm only a fraction of the equation. i'll let you guys vote on it--it's not gonna hurt my feelings if you all decide that you want a separate ooc thread.

i'm editing more video for work, shooting video for my cinema class, authoring iphone applications for my immersive authoring class, writing web pages for my web design class, and learning adobe indesign for my graphic applications class, while trying to learn adobe premier for work, since our pc (with sony vegas) is dying. it is fun learning the new system, but it is taking up a lot of time.

aaron out.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

ok, so here goes beginning of next round.

i might actually end up doing maps for some of the larger, climactic encounters after all. maybe. still up in the air. i think i am figuring out a system on adobe illustrator that would only be a mild headache, instead of the large on that i was anticipating. that probably won't come for another few weeks though, if i even implement it.

another thing, just tell me when you roll natural 1's and 20's. sometimes i miss them, especially on the forum rollers (still me preferred rollers, so thhhbbbt!).

first, initiative: round two.
    kuru-check
    levi-check
    levi's shadow-check
    kuru's #2 shadow-check
    kuru's #1 shadow-check
    shek-
    ugrot's shadow-
    duergar casters-
    renatus (maybe...)-
    duergar meleers-
    duergar cultists (leaving ceremony)-
    ugrot-

levi memorizes the beast's appearance without a problem. your ability to see through darkness is from true seeing, isn't it? if so, then the related text below is accurate. if not, ignore it. away from the net while i write this...

Kurukshetra and his antagonists have rolled out of view of everyone, behind the massive, tilted column of crystal (you guys are on the west/left side of the pillar more or less; he's now on the east-of-northeast/right side; the throne is on the overhanging west side, only a dozen yards or so from ugrot), but the violent screams of his foes are still audible, and occasionally, so are his draconic cries of mingled pain and frustration.

Levi struggles for a few moments against the superior force of his foe, before the beast makes a critical slip, overconfident in its ability to kill the soft humanoid (rolls a 1 on its 1st grapple), and he is able to slip out of its grasp and stumble away as quickly as possible, barely keeping a grip on his weapon as he scrambles higher up the rock pile, and then whirling suddenly atop a defensible boulder to fire two quick shots at the beast as it leisurely moved to reacquire its target. One of the hasty shots sails through the ball of darkness, and then out the opposite side. The second shot, adjusted from the first shot, enters the center of the darkness and deflects off of the chitinous, orbital armor of the monster's central eye.

His foe suddenly tenses, and then releases such a powerful, shrill shriek that Levi is hit by a shockwave highly reminiscent of the thunderous glyphs which had been defeated in the tunnel (roll both a fort save DC 20, and a reflex save DC 20; everyone else is far enough away to be unaffected mechanically by the roar, but your ears are certainly ringing) The beast's roar echoes throughout the cavern, startling many, including many of the disciplined dwarves. The other shadow-shrouded monsters seem to take heart at hearing the battle cry, and increase their own frenzied assaults. Kurukshetra's voice is heard for a moment amid the cacophony, but quickly smothered by the more violent voices of the monsters.

(ooc-what field were you talking about leaving?)

Levi's net is immediately restored as he leaves the globe of darkness, his truesight returning, along with the rest of his psionics; the rest of the group--minus Ugrot and Kuru--feel the instantaneous connection.

(shek's turn)
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2008-09-19 at 12:42 AM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude: (1d20+9)[16]
    Reflex: (1d20+10)[29] Evasion.

Sonic Resist 20

The field I mentioned was the antimagic darkness, so I guess I'm probably going to swap out next round. If it didn't have that damned antimagic field I'd slap it with a cone of slime...

I need to go back and check if I have a precog manifested... I don't think I had one up.

Craaaap. I'm assuming that indicates a one round stun. Is the tentacle similarly stunned?
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-09-19 at 01:02 AM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Shek
    HP 101/101 29 temp; AC 14, flat 14, touch 8; uncanny dodge and improved; True Seeing, Greater Enlarge Person(Large Size), Overland Flight(40 ft fly speed), Anticipate Teleportation(Creatures teleporting within 50' are delayed one round and I know it will arrive in one round, what square it will arrive in, its size, and how many) Heart of Earth (+8 to resist combat maneuvers, swift action to activate stoneskin), Create Magic Tattoo(+2 Competence bonus to attack rolls), Heroism(+2 morale to attacks, saves, and skill checks), Greater Resistance(+3 resistance to saves), Greater Mage Armor(+6 armor bonus), Heart of Air(Fly speed improves to 50' and can expend for one featherfall), Endure Elements, Comprehend Languages, Bladeweave(DC 20 Save or 1 round daze to the first creature I strike each round), Haste(+1 attack, +1 AC & Reflex, extra attack on full attack)

Roaring with battle-lust, Shek takes a moment to hasten on his allies to victory with a spell.
    I have not gotten to fight like this in many weeks. This is a good day.
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Haste
    Swift: Minor Shapeshift to put HP at 101/101 29 temp.
    Move: Who needs move actions? Use to reposition for flanking as needed. Consider this blown to get a better position.
    Last edited by archerpwr; 2008-09-19 at 01:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Renatus
    HP 114/114; AC 28, flat 27, touch 7; expansion to gargantuan, empathic feedback 9, energy adaptation 20, freedom of movement, true seeing

Renatus winces slightly at the wailing sounds. "Let's clean up this lot quickly so we can focus on that shadowy... thing."

Spoiler
    Show

Renatus will take the first AoO offered (if any), remembering that he threatens anything within 40'.

If an enemy is within 20' or Renatus can take a 5' step to get within 20', he will do so targeting that enemy with his rear claws first (otherwise ignore claw attack rolls), then applying his chain to either that target or the next best target(s), depending on who's still standing.

AttackClaw - (1d20+12)[24], Damage - (1d6+11)[17]
    AttackClaw - (1d20+12)[21], Damage - (1d6+11)[17]
    AttackChain - (1d20+18)[38], Damage - (2d6+17)[25] (Natural 20)
    AttackChain - (1d20+13)[16], Damage - (2d6+17)[21]

I'm OK with your initiative roll for me -- fact is, with the back-to-back WRT used by Renatus and Shek, this is where we'd be anyway.

Also, w/ regards to maps, I typically use Google Docs' spreadsheets to make simple battle maps. Example.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-09-19 at 07:44 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler
    Show

CritConfirmChain - (1d20+18)[37], Damage - (2d6+17)[24]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc-my bad, i should have specified that the antimagic is only within their spheres of darkness, which are only 10' diameter spheres. you are waaay out of the way of its effect now.

also, how many of you want to have a separate ooc thread? seriously, i'm not gonna be even remotely annoyed if you want it. i'm just lazy and like to be able to look at one thread, even if it gets cluttered. but that's just me...

levi-deafened for another [roll]2d6[/roll] rounds. tentacle deafened (i am laughing as i write this) for same duration, for simplicity's sake.

renatus is the only other ally in range of the haste spell. you guys are tag-teaming very efficiently.

I have not gotten to fight like this in many weeks. This is a good day.
    ha! and this is all an illusion, elaborated by our new boss.

ok, shek can position himself to flank the other side of that caster that renatus thwacked last round. poor little guy.

so, i'm assuming that levi is the only one with damage reduction right now? since he's the only one i've seen posting it (apologies in advance to anyone that i was too blind to notice). my damage rolls for this round are reflected in that hasty scan...

Shek's tactical step places him directly opposite Renatus on the little duergar's flanks, and the deep dwarf realizes his predicament immediately. Backstepping carefully, he tries to urge his foes closer to the approaching squads of his dwarven allies.

Hesitant to attempt another grapple of so powerful a foe, the shadow that had assaulted Ugrot instead releases a stunningly loud blast of sonic energy that ripples outward in a cone that crashes into Ugrot and his new foes, Renatus and Shek, and their foes, and the front of the advancing ceremony attendees (ugrot, shek, renatus, all fort save DC 20. ugrot, reflex dc 20). The stubborn dwarves brace themselves as the terrible blast of thunder reverberates throughout the cavern, shaking the earth to its foundations. For one, long moment, it seems as if the tremors have been taken up by the stone itself, as if the cavern were about collapse around them. Everyone shakes their head against the concussive effects, the bright, dancing lights in their vision, and the ringing of bells in their otherwise deafened ears.

The caster that was backing away from Renatus and Shek suddenly springs to the side and darts backward (both of you recieve an AoO for movement; renatus is 30 feet away, and shek is 20' feet away), out of their overwhelming reach, and turns again, planting a foot as he begins a spell (if either of you hit, for cinematic purposes, i'm having the hits strike now, right before he technically begins casting--therefore, i'll wait to see what happens before i post spell effect).

(Renatus will have to move again to put the dwarf back in range of his weapon, though that is not such a big deal) The hulking dragon kin whirls his weapon around, attempting to catch the diminutive dwarf before he finishes his spell, though it has become apparent that the magic has been effected. With a powerful whistle, the spiked chain crashes into the dwarf's tough body, tearing through his mithril breastplate, and into hardened flesh underneath. The dwarf staggers, a look of disappointed confusion upon his stunned face (if you guys kill him with your AoO's, i'll have him die here, and have his spell fizzle).

Ugrot is still rending the last recognizable pieces of his prior foes, as the last two manage to arm themselves with picks and axes in order to better defend against this foe (one hit: 7 piercing).

Then, the reinforcements arrive. The spearpoint of the duergar formation hits the goliath with pikes, spears, and one lance (four hits: 2 piercing (stupid dice), 11 slashing, 5 piercing/7 electrical damage, 4 piercing/1 constitution damage (wounding). Those eight duergar envelope their foe while the rest of the formation breaks off into two separate diamond formations, one heading for Renatus, and the other for Shek, attacking in precision cooperative assaults that would make any elite troop proud. Shek's group is approaching, when their cleric stops (50 feet away) and summons a covering shield above their phalanx, while they rush him (if you have any AoO left (if you decided not to take the earlier one against the caster), you have the opportunity to make up to 7 AoO's--as there are 7 charging dwarves rushing you from the opposite side of renatus). The giant fire elf is hit by a collection of weapons, though mostly spears (5 hits: 15 piercing damage, 7 piercing damage/3 fire damage, 6 piercing damage, 6 piercing damage, and 3 slashing damage). Renatus braces against the impact of his enemies (you also have the chance to make 7 more AoO's if you save them till now), but some of their weapons find their way through his formidable armor (2 hits: 5 bludgeoning damage, 9 piercing damage/12 acid damage).

The high priest that had trailed behind the ceremonial group had stopped 50 feet shy of Ugrot, and was now finishing a spell, as was his high priest comrade, a few yards away from the altar a wats back. Both of them finished their prayers to the duergar god at roughly the same time. A cloud of black and gray suddenly appears over the head of the closest high priest, forming into a rapidly spinning vortex of large proportions (renatus' size roughly), while simultaneously, merely 30 feet to the right of Ugrot, a colossal-sized, orange and brown centipede appears, eyes glowing with fiendish malevolence.

The centipede was quick to pounce on Renatus (AoO if you have any left), biting with enormous, crushing mandibles that gleam with cruel poison (38 damage, and roll fort dc 23 vs. poison).

Then the cloud churned itself into a tornado-like form over 20 feet tall and races along at blinding speed as it bowls into Shek, two vaporous arms forming at the last second with which to slam into him (you can make an AoO if you still have it, and you take 12 bludgeoning damage). The elemental passes him in a rush, swerving on toward the cavern wall, and closing in on Levi's position.

Spoiler
    Show

for legality's sake, i have to mention that the two high priests did not actually roll that low of initiative, and will be acting on their actual rolls next turn. i just wanted them to act last this turn.

kuru-check
    levi-check
    levi's shadow-check
    kuru's #2 shadow-check
    kuru's #1 shadow-check
    shek-check
    ugrot's shadow-check
    duergar casters-check
    renatus-check
    duergar meleers-check
    duergar cultists (leaving ceremony)-check
    high priest in formation-check
    centipede-check
    high priest at altar-check
    elemental-check
    ugrot-
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2008-09-23 at 01:18 AM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

19. - Top - End - #79

Renatus

(( Using this post to resolve saves/AoO from last round... next post will deal with this round. And, I may have missed this, is Renatus now under a haste effect? Also, note that anyone hitting Renatus in melee (or anyone else sharing empathic feedback) takes 9 damage... Does the acid damage take into account energy adaptation (Resist 20 all)? ))

Spoiler
    Show

FortSaveSonic - (1d20+13)[33]
    FortSaveCentipede - (1d20+13)[27]

Only one AoO, unfortunately... AoO - (1d20+18)[22], Damage - (2d6+17)[25]
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-09-23 at 07:57 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

20. - Top - End - #80

Renatus
    HP 62/114; AC 29, flat 27, touch 8; expansion to gargantuan, empathic feedback 9, energy adaptation 20, freedom of movement, true seeing, hasted

Bellowing with anger, and annoyed greatly at the ambush, Renatus focuses first on the centipede, which he deems the most dangerous foe.

Spoiler
    Show

Including an extra attack from haste, ignore if not applicable... +1 AB from haste included in rolls

The centipede gets first priority, if it goes down, the remaining attacks shift to the surrounding dark dwarves.

AttackChain1 - (1d20+19)[20], Damage - (4d6+17)[37]
    AttackChain2 - (1d20+14)[26], Damage - (4d6+17)[36]
    AttackChainHaste - (1d20+19)[28], Damage - (4d6+17)[34]
    AttackClaw1 - (1d20+19)[32], Damage - (2d6+11)[20] (oops... AB should only be +13, not +19)
    AttackClaw2 - (1d20+19)[33], Damage - (2d6+11)[20] (oops... AB should only be +13, not +19)
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-09-23 at 08:20 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Shek
    HP 88/101 0 temp; AC 14, flat 14, touch 8; uncanny dodge and improved; True Seeing, Greater Enlarge Person(Large Size), Overland Flight(40 ft fly speed), Anticipate Teleportation(Creatures teleporting within 50' are delayed one round and I know it will arrive in one round, what square it will arrive in, its size, and how many) Heart of Earth (+8 to resist combat maneuvers, swift action to activate stoneskin), Create Magic Tattoo(+2 Competence bonus to attack rolls), Heroism(+2 morale to attacks, saves, and skill checks), Greater Resistance(+3 resistance to saves), Greater Mage Armor(+6 armor bonus), Heart of Air(Fly speed improves to 50' and can expend for one featherfall), Endure Elements, Comprehend Languages, Bladeweave(DC 20 Save or 1 round daze to the first creature I strike each round), Haste(+1 attack, +1 AC & Reflex, extra attack on full attack)

(1d20+15)[31] Fort
    (1d20+28)[39] AoO attack (first time an AoO is offered, 10 dex)
    (3d6+9)[23] Damage; no knockback because I didn't pick to power attack this round.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, would someone else like to take on an antimagic freakbag and an air elemental? I would much rather prefer not fighting in such a situation, what with horrible combat prowess. I'm not in an antimagic field at the moment and can Dimension Swap... everyone not in an antimagic field on my turn. So... who wants to swap places with everyone else? Being in the midst of melee would actually probably work better in this situation for me, given my DR and echoed Empathic Feedback, and the centipede's poison or that wounding weapon wouldn't do anything to me. Then again, the fact that the damned thing is colossal means its a bitch to kill and the casters are at least 15th level.

So an enemy total:
    At least 15th level caster (or less if he had a scroll of Summon Monster 8)
    Colossal Fiendish Monstrous Centipede
    At least 11th level caster (or less if he had a scroll of Summon Monster 6)
    Large Air Elemental
    4 antimagic-shadowmonsters.
    15 Duergar Reinforcements
    At least 3 remaining frontliners.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-09-23 at 02:37 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

Drop in Shek and he can Ironheart Surge the AMFs away.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The only problem with that is, not personally knowing what they are, I must assume they are creating the antimagic darkness and as such are doing so by means of a passive ability they could simply reactivate on their turn.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

Excellent point. Shek will stay on the front lines and just try to use his reach on them if he can.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    duke: yes, you are hasted, and, yeah, knew i forgot something. didn't apply your resistances to the acid damage, so you're acid-free. you do get your bonus attack from haste, but hold off on the next round's worth till i finish this one.

archer: yeah, iron heart surge, i can't remember if this is houserule, or just common interpretation, as i am too lazy to dig out the book and reread it, but i only allow that to negate effects to you personally. therefore, you could walk into the antimagic field, use your surge, and act normally for one round (after that, field affects you again), but your allies, in the same field, would be affected by it still.

remember, if you guys want to chalenge rules interpretation and houserules, you can do so (i realize that my ideas only work in my head sometimes), so long as we can communicate about it respectfully.

Shek's chain snaps into the shoulder of the retreating duergar cleric, and the force of the impact nearly sends the small creature flying. Stubbornly though, the dwarf zigs and zags, attempting to stay out of the path of the elf's recoiling and whirling weapon. But even as he clears the reach of Shek's chain, Renatus' weapon whistles in, colliding with the dwarf's helmeted head. The dwarf drops to the ground, rolling and tumbling along with the hit, his smashed helmet bouncing away. Dazedly, limping quite badly, he is back on his feet and turning to face the large duo, the words of a spell on his lips (renatus and shek: reflex save dc 20). Now facing the companions, the fire elf and dragon kin can see that the dwarf's face has been smashed to pulp, and even now, as he mutters the foreign words, his destroyed cheekbone, shredded ear, and fractured brow are wet with the frantic bleeding that only (ok, not only, but just about...) serious head wounds can produce.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Two quick questions
    A: Did I get the numbers right on my enemy list?

B: Would my tentacle be able to make attacks of opportunity above and beyond my own? I know I'm using a ranged weapon, but if I were using a melee weapon I'd have 7 AoOs. If I took advantage of them would my tentacle be able to make seven itself, or would I basically have to use it myself? Seeing as its sentient I can see where it might, as you can act normally if its grappling something, but I'm really more curious than intended to use it as an AoO boost. Much rather just use it as the main AoO weapon as I doubt I'll ever be touching melee weapons.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two quick questions
    A: Did I get the numbers right on my enemy list?

B: Would my tentacle be able to make attacks of opportunity above and beyond my own? I know I'm using a ranged weapon, but if I were using a melee weapon I'd have 7 AoOs. If I took advantage of them would my tentacle be able to make seven itself, or would I basically have to use it myself? Seeing as its sentient I can see where it might, as you can act normally if its grappling something, but I'm really more curious than intended to use it as an AoO boost. Much rather just use it as the main AoO weapon as I doubt I'll ever be touching melee weapons.
    numbers are pretty close, though things are about to shift...

as far as tentacle, i'll have to read up on it a bit before i pronounce anything.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

29. - Top - End - #89

Renatus

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex - (1d20+9)[14], includes +1 bonus from haste

Edit: $@#!
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-09-24 at 06:51 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+15)[29] Reflex

I kind of picked up ironheart surge just to shut down AMFs. Curses. Mind if I switch to another maneuver readied? If IHS doesn't work for other people most uses for it can wait long enough to just re-ready maneuvers to use it.