New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Watchtower--Aftermath

Shek's first hit slams through the creature's rigid abdominal plates, directly behind the eye, and staggers it to the ground, legs scrabbling to try to get it back up. But before it can find the stength to move, the rukanyr is hit by a second lash of the fire elf's spiked chain, and the aberration's eye explodes in a gout of ichor-soaked tissue. Fragments of chitinous armor clatter around the beast as it collapses to the stone in a fit of death spasms.

Shek turns toward the rest of the scene in time to see the erinyes swooping down toward the dwarves, only forty feet from the ground.

(stay tuned for npc actions

EDIT: my bad, i forgot to post shek's damage: 16 sonic)
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2008-11-13 at 08:19 PM.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The remaining high priest decides to capitalize on the wall that separates his soldiers from the fire elf, the dragonkin and centipede. With a deep breath and a low supplication, the muscular dwarf raises his gauntleted arms and brings forth another manifestation of the wrath of his god.

Renatus is in the middle of unentangling his chain from the mandibles of the giant, fiendish arthropod, when he feels the sudden wind of an igniting firestorm, and is then blinded by the cascading sheets of white-hot flames that envelop him. The centipede releases the dragonkin from its poisonous grasp as the fires sear its exoskeleton and roast its flesh beneath.

Renatus and Shek feel the staggering heat of the fire (make yer reflex saves for half: (18d6)[56] and then apply your resistances). But that is only part of the fire's effect; throughout the cavern, the combatants find themselves short of breath, as the roaring firestorm consumes the breathable air in the enclosure. Though the fire is contained wholly on the dragonkin's side of the razored wall, even the fiends and their allies stutter-step at this unexpected occurance. Only the dwarven soldiers seem prepared for such a tactic, and as their enemies lose momentum–even for the smallest fraction of a second–they are quick to press the attack. One of the rukanyr falls, swarmed by vengeful gray dwarves. One of the barbazu is staggered and nearly brought low by the hammer blow of a raging duergar sergeant.

The fires disappear in an instant, leaving only guttering flames, floating embers, sizzlingly hot, blackened stone, and acrid smoke. The fiendish centipede collapses against the dragonkin, smoke and steam rising from its boiled insides, armored plates cracked and seared with fire. Many of its legs have fused together with the heat, and the near-mindless creature seems to be out of the fight, though it is not dead yet.

The other gray dwarf caster is attempting to fully gain the momentum of battle, and sends a branching arc of lightning through his foes, a tendril of brilliant energy that races through his allies without even singing the hair of their heads, and then explodes into the remaining rukanyr and the two barbazu with a deafening roll of thunder. One more of the rukanyr falls, corpse charred and twitching, too far gone to even begin death-throes.

Spoiler
    Show

kuru-hit by antiaircraft guns
    levi-tumbling away from foes
    shek's rukanyr-sonic scream
    kuru's #2 rukanyr-DEAD
    kuru's #1 rukanyr-moving for renatus
    hamatula-zapped the dragon
    erinyes-sapped the dragon
    baatezu/rukanyr squad (vs. duergar)-decimating the duergar ranks.
    shek-killed rukanyr
    high priest in formation-firebombed the west side
    centipede-roasted on an open fire
    ugrot's rukanyr-DEAD
    duergar casters-chain lightning
    renatus-combat w/ centipede
    high priest at altar-DEAD
    elemental-playing tag with shek
    duergar meleers-skewered ugrot
    duergar cultists (leaving ceremony)-attempted to kick levi back into wall
    ugrot-gutted some duergar

duke, it's all yours.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

(1d20+15)[21] Reflex

4. - Top - End - #154
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Renatus

Renatus slips the full force of the blasting fire, and lets his defenses absorb the bulk of the rest. He decides to try to finish off the centipede with a single blow and then backs away from the flames.

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex - (1d20+8)[24] vs. unknown DC -- damage is 56-20=36 on fail, 28-20=8 on success
    Edit: Assuming success, can change if necessary

Standard: Single attack (see next post for roll)
    Move: 5' step away from the centipede, if it's still alive
    Swift: Refresh maneuvers
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-20 at 07:35 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

5. - Top - End - #155

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+18)[24] (plus team modifiers, if any), Damage - (4d6+17)[30] (plus team modifiers, if any)

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

(both renatus and shek fail their saves. renatus takes 36 damage; shek takes 51. scoreboard...)

The firestorm burns into both the dragonkin and the fire elf, searing flesh and superheating armor.

Renatus shrugs free of the giant centipede as it writhes in pain. With a single, enormous exertion, he brings the spiked chain down on his foe with enough force to split the stone underneath his decimated opponent.

The air elemental, above the roiling clouds of smoke and ash, loses its visual on Shek, and instead turns and shrieks in toward the erinyes, its fury more than evident in its howling winds. With the speed and strength of a hurricane, the elemental slams into the winged devil and sends her spiraling through the air out of control. Red blood spatters to the ground as the razored winds flay open her flesh and leave her screaming in pain.

The elemental passes her as quickly as it came, rising up toward the ceiling of the cavern and momentarily disappearing from view, as a storm cloud that has suddenly dissipated.

The dwarves are still split between two groups: the large group fighting the rukanyr-barbazu squad, and the smaller group that had just been wrestling with Levi. Now that the sniper has disappeared, the dwarves look around for half a second in confusion, and then turn to bolster the efforts of their comrades, hacking into the flailing pincers of the rukanyr and the scything glaives of the devils.

Even with their momentary surge, the dwarves again start to lose ground, and two more of them fall within seconds of each other. One of the remaining aberrations leaps over the front ranks of the dwarves and lands atop a pair of dwarven spear-wielders, knocking them both prone, with the fangs of the rukanyr poised to finish them.

On the far end of the cavern, still behind the altar, the hamatula begins to cast a spell.

Spoiler
    Show

kuru-hit by antiaircraft guns
    kuru's #2 rukanyr-DEAD
    shek-killed rukanyr
    ugrot's rukanyr-DEAD
    renatus-vermin extermination
    elemental-tackled the erinyes
    duergar meleers-fighting defensively against fiends/aberrations
    duergar cultists-absorbed into duergar group
    ugrot-gutted some duergar

realms, kill something!
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2008-11-20 at 11:44 AM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

(incidentally, this encounter is just about done; warning you just for kicks, so go ahead and nova the crap out of everything if you so desire. there are few targets left to nova, but there is still a hamatula with class levels over by the altar, and a group of rukanyr and bearded devils whittling away at the duergar squad.

i am enjoying this so far. it is hard to post consistently with everything that i'm undertaking, and admittedly, this semester has been harder than i'd expected. but i am still enjoying it. i want some feedback from you guys though. let me know if you are enjoying it or not. if yes, why; if no, why. be honest--not gonna hurt my ego, and not gonna affect what happens to your characters.

thanks. aaron out.)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I've been having loads of fun. Though it hasn't really started yet, I can tell this will be a great campaign. Would be great is you could up the average by another post a week or so, however.

Ugrot: HP -17/210 (fast healing 4), DR 5/magic, Battlesense, uncanny dodge, Rage/Frenzy/Battlefury round 7/11

Ugrot hastily stuffs the biggest remaining bit of Rukanyr carapice in his mouth and crunches down upon snack as he looks around for something to kill. The nearest barbazu catches his eye, as does the Rukanyr right next to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking the barbazu first and changing the the rukanyr when it is slain (and changing to the dwarves if both of them are slain, I guess). Note that I'm charging (+2 attack and -2 AC) and making full use of Power Attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, there is something about the rake/pounce combo that I just noticed (let me know if I am wrong). Namely, I noticed that rake seems to give me two rake attacks whenever I grab a foe rather than giving me two rake attacks per round to used against grabbed foes. Therefore, if I am making a full attack and get a hold on two different foes during it (for example), I get to make two rake attacks against each foe I grab (effectively leaping from one foe onto the other).
    If I have properly interpreted this matter, assume that I am using improved grab with each attack and raking. After my rake attacks, I continue with normal attacks against my foe unless I have already slain them, in which case I move onto a new foe.
    If this is wrong, ignore all rolls not in bold print.

Jump Check (pounce): (1d20+33)[52]
    Attack 1: (1d20+23)[33]
    Damage 1: (2d8+30)[41]
    Grapple 1: (1d20+35)[46]
    Rake Attack 1: (1d20+23)[33]
    Rake Damage 1: (2d8+20)[30]
    Rake Attack 2: (1d20+23)[34]
    Rake Damage 2: (2d8+20)[30]

Attack 2: (1d20+23)[36]
    Damage 2: (2d8+30)[32]

If new foe

Grapple 2: (1d20+35)[37]
    Rake Attack 3: (1d20+23)[28]
    Rake Damage 3: (2d8+20)[30]
    Rake Attack 4: (1d20+23)[39]
    Rake Damage 4: (2d8+20)[25]

Attack 3: (1d20+18)[28]
    Damage 4: (2d8+30)[37]

If new foe

Grapple 3: (1d20+35)[37]
    Rake Attack 5: (1d20+23)[38]
    Rake Damage 5: (2d8+20)[28]
    Rake Attack 6: (1d20+23)[38]
    Rake Damage 6: (2d8+20)[27]

Cleave Attack: (1d20+23)[32]
    Cleave Damage: (2d8+30)[35]

New foe is implied.

Grapple 4: (1d20+35)[47]
    Rake Attack 7: (1d20+23)[35]
    Rake Damage 7: (2d8+20)[30]
    Rake Attack 8: (1d20+23)[27]
    Rake Damage 8: (2d8+20)[28]

Hmm...If that all of that is allowed, Ugrot just unleashed some serious carnage right there.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-11-22 at 11:21 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

(there are still 2 barbazu and a few--i have to recount them--rukanyr fighting the dwarves, just so you know. the dwarves would even oblige you in an effort to attack their foes rather than them, since a decent number of them have tabgled with you, and the rest have watched the tangling, and none have the desire to recommit to that battle.

also, are you saying that your rake is different than the normal one? i'm too lazy to look yours up, but the normal rake requires that you begin the round grappling (as in, suxx grapple attack last round or earlier

post pending).

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, my rake is different (just like how my pounce attack is different, requiring a jump check).
    It says "A feral creature that gets a hold can make two rake attacks at its full melee attack bonus with its hind legs. Each successful attack does normal claw damage for that size of feral creature, plus 1/2 its Strength bonus (rounded down). If the feral creature pounces on an opponent, it can also rake." (bold added for emphasis)
    Therefore, as I am using my pounce-granted full attack against multiple targets (my full attack is not required to be made against but one foe), my pounce should let me rake each person I get a hold on...I think.

On another topic, I've honestly lost track of the number of Rukanyrs in this battle. It sounded as though there were only 2 or 3 in total at the start of the fight but there are apparently more of them now (probably missed something there). Also I was under the impression that after my pseudo-intimidate check last round, one of the barbazus had moved away (although my reach may still let me hit him). Probably misread that as well.

PS. I'm going for the barbazu's first, followed by the rukanyrs. This does not, however, mean that I'm trying to act as saviors to the dwarves (He's too crazy to do anything remotely like extending an olive branch). If anything, he's single-handedly dissassembling a group of creatures that caused the entire platoon of dwarves great trouble, all the while bellowing insane laughter...
    And the dwarves will soon be the nearest living things
    Run, tiny men, run.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-11-23 at 08:27 PM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (your reading of the ability looks accurate to me, realms.

i'm pretty sure that you can still only rake once per creature per round though (anybody that knows or thinks differently is certainly welcome to bring it up), so if you pounced/grabbed/raked (x2) a foe, and he didn't go down with the first hit, you'd still get the second hit, and even the second grab, but wouldn't get another rake attempt. ah, but now i see that you have already accounted for that...

hmm, i seem to have misplaced some of my notes, and can't recall how many aberrations were left. i'm gonna rule 3 with the barbazu, so 3 aberrations, and 2 outsiders. that doesn't count the enemies that aren't engaged here.

and don't worry. i didn't have any delusions of you trying to save the dwarves. i know a battleraging goliath when i see one–or read about one.)

Ugrot takes a flying leap above the heads of the duergar in his way and crashes into the ranks of the rukanyr and barbazu. One of the rukanyr manages to snag him with a jagged claw as he sails overhead, cutting him up even more than he already is (AoO for 11 damage after damage reduc).

The goliath slams bodily into the closest barbazu–who was too busy gutting another dwarf and hadn't thought the frenzying humanoid capable of reaching him that quickly–sending the both of them sprawling. The flaming glaive clatters from the hands of the devil as it is thrown around and grappled by the much more powerful Ugrot. Even the bones of an immortal are subject to the strength of the raging goliath, and the barbazu finds itself being torn to shreds by its foe.

With a howl of pain, the other barbazu is alerted to the peril of its companion, and as the combatants roll past, the upright devil executes a powerful strike along the goliath's flanks with its flaming glaive (AoO from initial move: 21 damage, 3 fire damage, 2 infernal wound damage (will lose another 2/round until healed; don't let me forget).

The combat ends as quickly as it started, with the goliath's talons digging through the blackened mail and stony hide of the outsider and finding its spine. With a gasp of panic, the barbazu falls limp and dead. Ugrot stands between two rukanyr and the remaining barbazu, tattered pieces of devil still clinging to his hands and feet (yes, it took both attacks, as well as the rakes to end the barbazu–gotta love monsters with class levels).

Kurukshetra, floundering still from the effects of the fiendish magic, decides that he can't risk engaging in melee combat with another of the current foes. Instead, the little dragon swoops down above the melee, and unleashes his breath weapon in a downward cone above the remaining barbazu and its neighbors (ugrot, fort save DC 20 versus blindness). The radiant light dazzles the eyes of anyone looking in that direction, but is pure torment to any within the cone. The barbazu staggers with the effect, but snaps its lids closed quickly enough to prevent any lasting effects. The two closest rukanyr, however, scream with pain and rage as their large, vulnerable central eyes are seared by the breath weapon, leaving them disoriented and flailing about.

Kurukshetra continues his aerial maneuver and climbs higher into the air, above the wall of whirling blades, and then turns for his next attack, arrowing for the flitting form of the hamatula.

Spoiler
    Show

kuru-spotlighted the 2 rukanyr
    kuru's #2 rukanyr-DEAD
    shek-killed rukanyr
    ugrot's rukanyr-DEAD
    ugrot-dismembered a barbazu

levi's up.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2008-11-24 at 02:32 AM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Levi
    HP: 62/108 AC:27+1 T:16+1 FF:27+1 (Uncanny Dodge) Init: 22
    Buffs: Battlesense (Circumstance: +2 Attack +1 AC 5/10), Energy Adaptation, Freedom of Movement, True Seeing, and Empathic Feedback (9 to foes).
    Immune: Mind-Affecting, Ability Damage/Drain, Energy Drain, Acid
    SR 20. DR 5/Magic. Darkvision 60ft, Superior Low-light vision (x4)

Swiftly advancing the dark warrior slips through the duergar and into position to assault a greater foe. Once into position his tentacle acts of its own accord where it can while he lashes out with a psionically charged grasp to funnel away not only his own wounds but those of his comrades as well.

((IMPORTANT! Everyone see Spoiler))

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble checks as needed: (5d20)[20][9][13][8][6](56) +13 modifier
    Movement closest to a demonic or aberrant foe. Barbed Devils would be the last targets on his priority list. Rukanyr would be first.
    If possible tentacle will run defense if against a barbed devil. Otherwise it will make an attack against anything that isn't a barbed devil.
    (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    If it hits a grapple: (1d20+14)[23]
    Hostile Empathic Transfer, augmented to 9 PP and 90 damage.
    Touch Attack: (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage: 90 Will DC 18 for Half
    Healed: If full, 40 to self and 50 to others. If half, 20 to self and 25 to others. Split it up however ya'll like.
    Power Resistance if applicable: (1d20+10)[18]
    If Levi is touching a barded devil he likely takes (1d8+1)[3] damage, including a -5 from DR as the barbs are not considered magical.
    66/113 PP used for the day.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-11-24 at 05:29 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

Shek's at 8 hp. Just, FYI

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show

Renatus is down to 2 HP. But he plans on using Body Adjustment (augmented) this turn to get back to the non-perilous range and to use WRT to grant someone else an extra turn -- who wants it?

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Ugrot is at -49 and his fast healing 4 has effectively been shut off (2 nonlethal damage/round from frenzy and 2 damage/round from infernal wound).
    Also, Stocyl, it may help us invision the battlefield if you told us the number of creatures that were left in each category (for instance, after Rukanyr/Baatezu, could you put 3/1 or something like that).
    Also, just to make sure, I killed two of those guys, right? (I think my cleave, third attack, and rakes would've done it)
    On another note, Ugrot would be glad to take that extra turn. The better to kill things with. (actually, because I'm pretty much right after you, I'd end up taking two turns in a row...awesome ).
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-11-24 at 09:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

OOC: It's not actually an "extra turn", just a shifting in initiative order which can produce the effect of an additional turn -- in general, it will only help if it switches the init order to the point where you get to act ahead of something in particular.

In practice, this means choosing someone higher in the init order, because they get to act again on their new count.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-24 at 10:33 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Shek's the next highest PC and could toss a WRT right back. On Shek's initial turn (coming as soon as the enemies' actions are resolved) he'll burn a swift action to drop 10 temporary hp to survive maybe one more hit before dropping (assuming he hasn't already dropped) and then on the WRT turn WRT whoever. Standard and move are of course strikes or spells in all probability.

So, dibs on the WRT if I can get it so we can chain it.

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by archerpwr View Post
    So, dibs on the WRT if I can get it so we can chain it.
    Worked last time.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A Manifester Level Check to beat the Infernal Wound. (1d20+10)[30]
    Urgot will probably get one point of healing whether he wants it or not simply because it would stop his infernal wound, but no more than that as Levi it at the point where he just plans to Revivify him.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end of the encounter, I hope. Although my diehard feat would let me get up and fight if you used it in combat, I can't enter a second rage, frenzy, or battle fury until the next encounter. Without deathless frenzy, a gentle breeze could blow over my low-AC self.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well if you need it before the end of combat I can just Hostile Empathic Transfer again.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Levi finds himself within range of two of the rukanyr fairly easily; his earlier tumbling took him out of the reach of the duergar, and they have since forgotten that he even exists, concentrating as they are on the larger foes.

The remaining glaive-wielding barbazu is nearby, but the closest target to him is a rukanyr that is currently dragging a pike-wielding duergar out of formation, multiple pincers and claws crushing and slashing the life out of the little dwarf.

The flame-wreathed rukanyr notices the moving darkness that is Levi a fraction of a second too late, and by then, Levi's tentacle has wrapped around the armored base of its single eye–getting singed in the process ([roll]1d6+4[/1d6] fire damage)–and the immense jolt of psionic energy is enough to kill the already-wounded aberration. It collapses in a wreak of smoldering chitin and bone claws. The dwarf is stuck underneath the burning body of the twitching and spasming rukanyr, and looks up desperately to Levi to pull him free.

(levi is healed 40, and everyone else splits the 50)

(levi beats the infernal wound)

Kurukshetra goes after the ringleader of the devils, My friends, split the healing among yourselves; some of you are much worse off than I am right now. I will probably need your assistance within a moment with this fiend. I will try to harass him as long as I can...

One of the rukanyr suddenly appears, charging toward the dragonkin, having been forgotten in the mad frenzy of this battle. With an airborne scream, the aberration slams into the dragonkin, its spine-covered tail hitting hard enough to break links of armor and batter the flesh and scales underneath ((3d6+8)[24]).

As Kurukshetra swoops toward the fiendish caster over by the altar, the devil calmly watches him approach. Kuru knows that the devil is planning something, but is not sure what, and only knows that his only hope of successfully engaging the devil is to close in and harry it physically.

The hamatula raises a single hand and points, and a wash of rainbow colors suddenly shoots forth in a great cone, angled up into the vast emptiness of the cavern. The light of the prismatic spray is caught by the giant crystal pillar, and the cavern is suddenly bathed in the light of every hue of the rainbow. The radiant dragon himself gets caught within the blue and violet washes of the spell.

A confused look suddenly crosses the dragon's face, and then his wings stiffen, and his body arcs downward toward the stone floor of the cavern, where his stone body shatters into thousands of pieces, pelting the altar and the triumphant hamatula with golden colored pebbles and dust. Kurukshetra's mind is lost to the net immediately.

The erinyes wings away from the air elemental, hoping that it would forget about her–she didn't want to tangle with that one again. Instead, she swoops down on Shek, a spell on her lips. Shek feels an urgent desire to follow the devil into combat and to fight for her approval (will save).

The (three) rukanyr fighting alongside the barbazu decide in unison that their fight is over. First the bearded devil detaches, takes a step away from the fight, and then vanishes, reappearing beside the hamatula. The three aberrations follow, one of them getting a spear in the central eye for its haste. They skitter quickly away from the battle, covering the distance toward the altar in remarkable time (levi gets an AoO against the other one that i said you threatened).

Spoiler
    Show

kuru-petrified/shattered
    levi-hostile heal
    shek's rukanyr-DEAD
    kuru's #2 rukanyr-DEAD
    kuru's #1 rukanyr-charges Renatus
    hamatula-prismatic spray vs the dragon
    erinyes-trying to charm shek
    baatezu/rukanyr squad (vs. duergar)-falling back
    shek-killed rukanyr
    ugrot's rukanyr-DEAD
    ugrot-dismembered a barbazu

shek is up. also, i just barely remembered that you had a familiar. i want you to start posting its location and actions in your per-round actions. anyone else that might have a familiar/animal comp/etc that i have forgotten, i want you to start doing the same.

also, archer, i really can't see shek chumming around with a humming bird. but it is certainly your backstory to rule on it. if you don't like the idea of an actual humming bird, let's keep the same stats, same familiar effects, and say that it is a minor relative of the mighty phoenix (well, that is what legend says anyway), and is a tiny, brightly fire-colored bird that has an elemental affinity. i'll even give it fire resistance 5. you have to come up with the name of the creature, and the name of the familiar though. sound good? if not, it's not gonna hurt my feelings–i just don't know why they put a humming bird on the list anyway...

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing Prismatic Spray isn't close enough to a light effect for the radiant dragon's innate immunity to light effects (doesn't specify Light descriptor, just light effects) to be of any use there... even though the spell is quite obviously built of rays of light... That and he failed his saving throw.. wow.

Echoed energy adaption resists all fire damage.

Tentacle AoO: (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    Grapple: (1d20+14)[31]

Because of the tentacle's reach does the Rukanyr leave two of his threatened squares and therefore qualify for a second AoO if it wouldn't be held firm by my grapple?
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-11-28 at 04:26 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

(yeah. beats me why prismatic [anything] doesn't have the light descriptor. but, i suppose it might be simply because of the varied effects; they didn't bother to think harder on what the supposed origin of the spell is. either way though, it worked, and i'm ok with it. made for an interesting visual. plus, it's an illusion in the end, so i don't even feel too bad about killing him.

forgot about your energy adaptation.)

Levi grabs the trailing rukanyr as it turns and makes to sprint away from the battle. The beast is pulled to a stop as it moves, Levi's tentacle wrapped around its abdomen and some of its legs. The rukanyr, ordered to return though it was, turns and takes up the challenge, shrugging off the grappling tentacle and opening up with a flurry of violence that smashes through the human's defenses at least once ((3d6)[10] damage; DR already accounted for).

Even as it hits the human, Levi's empathic feedback turns around and smites the rukanyr with its own assault. The aberration screams in pain, and begins to back up, filling its multiple lungs for another sonic scream.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Were any of the retreating rukanyr within my reach when they decided to retreat (provoking an AoO) or did the slippery little scorpions use the withdraw action).

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Shek
    HP 18/101 0 temp; AC 14, flat 14, touch 8; uncanny dodge and improved; True Seeing, Greater Enlarge Person(Large Size), Overland Flight(40 ft fly speed), Anticipate Teleportation(Creatures teleporting within 50' are delayed one round and I know it will arrive in one round, what square it will arrive in, its size, and how many) Heart of Earth (+8 to resist combat maneuvers, swift action to activate stoneskin), Create Magic Tattoo(+2 Competence bonus to attack rolls), Heroism(+2 morale to attacks, saves, and skill checks), Greater Resistance(+3 resistance to saves), Greater Mage Armor(+6 armor bonus), Heart of Air(Fly speed improves to 50' and can expend for one featherfall), Endure Elements, Comprehend Languages, Bladeweave(DC 20 Save or 1 round daze to the first creature I strike each round), Haste(+1 attack, +1 AC & Reflex, extra attack on full attack)

Will: (1d20+13)[18]

Spoiler
    Show

Actions depend on whether he saves or not.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

(ooh. just barely made it. there is a +4 mod to your charm save since we're in combat; otherwise you'd be a large elf wrapped around a very little finger. go ahead and post your actions.

realms, i don't remember specifically where i had you–just that you squashed a barbazu, so we'll say that one of the rukanyr provoked an AoO from you. it will be the same one that levi just grappled; and the last two are bounding back toward their master.)

The erinyes lingers overhead just long enough to see the look of continued hostility in Shek's eyes to realize that her magic did not grab ahold as she had hoped that it would (yeah, she's one of the few foes in this scene without class levels and advanced monster hit dice). With a pout, the sultry devil wings away, not wishing to see if the fire elf can put that chain to a good use on an aerial target above her (for those of you that want a glimpse into the mind of a female fiend, she is imagining a giant, spiked set of bolos made of enchanted metal).

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Attack of Opportunity
    Attack: (1d20+23)[41]
    Damage: (2d8+30)[41]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

The rukanyr had just finished with its pounce atop Levi, and was getting ready to deliver a full assault, when Ugrot reaches out with a massive paw and sends the thing tumbling. It screeches angrily, and rights itself in a flash, bristling with violent anticipation, ignoring the commanding intonations of the hamatula behind it.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Aaaaand I'm lost. Which enemies are *not* dead or retreating? As for the familiar, IMO familiars overused are overpowered (extra actions) so I was just going to let the bird slide into the background during combats. A phoenix like creature is a very cool idea though. Let me just come up with a suitable name and a creature description once I get these tests done. In any case, Shek is going to melee whoever is left and share that WRT mentioned earlier. Just roll the dice for me if I don't reply by tomorrow morning. I don't really care who rolls the dice.