New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Fun Character suggestions?

My DM has decided that his campaign will only allow core races, so there goes my hopes for a Changeling Cabinet Trickster/Warshaper. So what are some fun builds? I'm entertaining taking Bardic Knack/Jack of All Trades and then just ditching bard and doing something else (is bardic knack bard level, or character level?). Our campaign is going to involve lots of dungeons, but combat isn't that important to me (my party may think differently though).
    I find it kinda funny I find it kinda sad.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fun Character suggestions?

You could go Human Wild shape Ranger 5/Warshaper 5/Master of Many Forms 10. You get the same shapechanging you'd get for Cabinet Trickster, but better. You'd have 11 uses of wild shape per day, and nine of them could be used for wild feats because each ones will last 15 hours, and Multimorph lets you change shape multuple times per use.

See if you can get your DM to let you Permanacy Detect Thoughts on you.

Plus, you could stay in changeling form whenever you'r not in another form.
    Check out my class, the Clothfighter.

Spoiler
    Show

Thing-Thing and Inkscape Avatars by me

Paint-atar by me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually I think my party won't have a healer, whereas we should have good DPS/Skill usage. I know we've got a rogue and a fighter/Groin Crusher (like a reaping mauler only better, my friend made it)/Reaping Mauler (just to make it even more grappletastic). So I'm thinking Cleric, but I'm not at all familiar with DnD casters, or any healers. But I think I would like to do something like a Cleric/Duskblade, to get rid of the touch problem with the spells. Also, I think it would be fun. Is Cleric generally the best healer, or are there other options? Any WotC books are good, but PHB races only.
    I find it kinda funny I find it kinda sad.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beguiler maxed out on intimidate and diplomacy + creativity = win.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

You want a healer esque/divine caster class?
    I'd look at Favored Soul or Healer as a class. I have them from Miniatures handbook...but Favored soul is in Complete divine and healer is in something else i dunno what it was.

In d&d, Clerics must choose which spells he's ready to use in the day, he's ok combat wise...mostly a buff. Favored souls must choose what spells he knows...he only knows X many... but he casts more of them/day... he also is more focused toward fighting.

Healers are kinda weird... pure defensive characters. First 8 levels they gain bonus's to healing and abilities they can use 1/day to say...cleanse poison... or cleanse blindness.
    They're cool if you want to play the defensive player... constant buffs. also..if you want to survive heavy combat with a frail or non-combat character... choose Sanctuary as a divine spell. You cannot attack...but people can't attack you. Good for placing spells on peoples
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.