Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Evil Cleric prayers? [4e]

I would've posted this in the Homebrew Requests thread, but I don't know if this has already been created. I wanted to play an evil cleric in 4e but the prayers in 4e aren't really suited for an evil character. Has anyone seen a homebrew version of this? preferrably 4e?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Cleric prayers? [4e]

Well, the suggestion in the DMG is to change powers that have the Radiant keyword and deal Radiant damage into Necrotic powers that deal necrotic damage instead. For things that use Fire, change them to Acid or just leave them as fire but reflavor them as "purple hellfire" or something like that.

I also believe there were a couple of threads a while back (well, a month ago or so) that came up with some homebrew Channel Divinity feats for the evil gods, though I can't seem to find them now. Shouldn't be too hard to do again, though - just see what some of the ones in the PHB are and figure out Evil versions.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Cleric prayers? [4e]

Quote Originally Posted by rtg0922 View Post
    Well, the suggestion in the DMG is to change powers that have the Radiant keyword and deal Radiant damage into Necrotic powers that deal necrotic damage instead. For things that use Fire, change them to Acid or just leave them as fire but reflavor them as "purple hellfire" or something like that.

I also believe there were a couple of threads a while back (well, a month ago or so) that came up with some homebrew Channel Divinity feats for the evil gods, though I can't seem to find them now. Shouldn't be too hard to do again, though - just see what some of the ones in the PHB are and figure out Evil versions.
    Yep yep, I remember making Channel Divinity feats for evil. Maybe they got lost in the server switch, but I'll see if I can find the post. (And if not I can dig up the file I had with them.)

Edit: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84973
    Last edited by mikeejimbo; 2008-07-27 at 10:02 PM.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff