New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: silly question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default silly question

If I cast Ray of Enfeeblement on a fighter type, and his STR drops below the requirement for Power Attack (and thus, all of the other damage magnfying feats that come afterwards), does that mean he can no longer Power Attack? (or use any feats that PA is a prerequisite for. . . )
    Is RoE really that powerful?

Not a newb, but I've never played a caster before.
    The first person who mentions "maturity" while we are discussing a complex game of "pretend" . . . loses.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: silly question

(Assuming 3E, based on statements) Yes. If a character takes ability damage or drain that brings them below the requirements for a feat, they lose its use (and the use of any feats dependent on it) until the requisite ability is high enough again. Note that it's the same with other powers based on an ability score: if your primary casting stat is drained, you might lose access to your higher level (and eventually all) spells.

Oh, and no worries about it now, but this sort of thing is what the Q & A thread (the first sticky) is for.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.