New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nobilis: A Game of Powers

just ask your questions out here.
    looking at Abis I'm sure he knows his situation without you driving him to hysterics.

Looking around, well at least I can take off my hat and does so, which could quite possible drive a normal human to hysterics.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-08-27 at 12:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

*looks around at the others before turning back*Alrighty then. Hi, I'm David.*reaches out to shake his hand*Apparently I'n the nice one of this bunch. Let me know what you need, so I can keep this as short and as pleasent as possible for all involved.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

The man takes David's hand absentmindedly, still staring with a rather empty expression at Abis. It takes him some moments to snap back and respond. He responds, quietly: "I am glad that not all in this family are psychotic. Can you, and another sane members of your union, please meet me with to discuss your arrival, purposes, and other business privately?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

"I guess that'll be Tyranny then. NEWBO UNO! Over here. The nice spawn of Hell wants to talk to you."

Mike then smiles to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well if our powers affect him, then my plan comes more together. Again, just for our Hollyhock:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor creation of memories to make him believe he has orders to ensure this base does not come under our control, using force if necessary.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-08-27 at 02:00 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, so that means it's me and bossman over there to answer your questions. I'm not willing to vouch for his sanity however.
    *pause*Of course, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure I'm willing to vouch for my own either. Ah well.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

I resent the implication that I'm psychotic!
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Speak, then. We wish to waste no more time, as do you."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

*looks pointedly at the nerve gas, but stays silent*

9. - Top - End - #219

"Then come with me," he gestures toward a nearby building.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    *looks pointedly at the nerve gas, but stays silent*
    OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    I AM the nerve gas. ;)

All encompassing shapeshifting FTW.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TakeV View Post
    OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    I AM the nerve gas. ;)

All encompassing shapeshifting FTW.
    OOc, I think he was reffering to my grenades.

So I make myself protected, It's better than being brought before the locust court/
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Roy bowed his head in consent and followed the Cammorea into a more private setting where their discussion would not be overheard by the all too mortal military. He pulled some chairs out for his family and sat himself, motioning for the honoured representative of Lord Entropy’s power on Earth to pull up a chair as well. The Baron Tyranny steepled his hands and stared across the table. He had never actively dealt with the Cammorea before but he could understand the revulsion much of his family shared: Mike and Abis had lived through the centuries and understood what they did, William stood for the liberating freedom of anarchy…and Roy stood for order and benevolent control. This thing before him of corruption and lies, hate and deceit made his stomach churn.

“You’ll have to forgive my brothers. It’s not every day that your plane explodes when you’re in it and sends you hurtling into the side of a mountain – tends to shake you up. I do hope you’ll forgive their excitement; I’d rather we have these talks be as concise and pleasant as possible: I’m sure we all have better things to do with our time after all. What brings you all the way out here anyway?”

It would be interesting to see how the man reacted – or so Roy thought as he shifted his sight into the mythic world for but a moment; attempting to discern the presence of any obvious gifts this poor man might possess. At least, it would be interesting if he tried to lie. Soriare was a bastard but He was an honorable one – and He hated liars. The Baron Tyranny smiled pleasantly, safe in the knowledge that any falsehood, from the tiniest white lie to the most elaborate half truth, would be heard as plain as day upon his tongue.
    Last edited by Cannonball; 2008-08-27 at 03:00 PM.
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    – said G. K. Chesterton

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

*Starts to follow to the indicated building, talking all the way* So, how did you get a job like this anyways? Considering how many people seem to dislike your organization, how on earth do you avoid being turned into a cabbage?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Turning to Memory,
    You any places to eat around here?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Mike shoots Chaos a confused look.
    "Last time I was around here I was a lumberjack. We hunted down and killed moose for all our sustenance with axes whose blades were larger than our heads. And you're asking if I know anywhere to eat? ...yeah, there's a lake nearby where the moose like to drink. I could go for some moose. Hairy bastards. Can kill a man with a flick of their head. S'funny."
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

16. - Top - End - #226

The man folds his hand cheerfully, and begins to speak.

"I'm certain that's all very jarring, yes. Believe me, yours is hardly the most psychotic family I've had dealings with, bad day or no. So far as I am concerned, we of the Cammorea have no need to fear for our safety. Most of your exalted brethren learn quite quickly not to trifle with us."

It's quite evident to all present that he is truly well aware that he is not as safe as he claims, but he does believe adamantly that the Cammorea is quite dangerous to cross.

"My name is Vinncent Grassmick. I am here for the simple, honest reason that I stated earlier: Something interesting was afoot near my posting in Ottawa, and we find it generally advantageous to investigate such things quickly. It is a fortunate day indeed should we stumble upon a Power in great need for the cause of Creation," he smiled.

"Now it is my turn. Tell me of yourselves, and your mission here on cheery old Earth. I'm obviously not your usual handler, and I admit do not recognize your family."
    Last edited by JMobius; 2008-08-27 at 03:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh fine, well, you wanna get something to eat?
    looking at his watch
    you think I should have called off the troop I ordered here?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeling that the point had been driven home, Abis had no desire to antagonize this Cammorea member any further. However, there was still the matter of the mission. Taking a look around, Abis was slightly disappointed at the small number of troops posted at this base. Yet no effort was a waste if it yielded satisfactory results.

Confident that Roy and David could handle Vinncent, Abis turned to his sister, Wealth:

"I do not expect any trouble from Vinncent Grassmick. Any limit he has broken has either been an accident or not without remorse. I can forgive him for these transgressions.

Please come with me, dear sister. Perhaps we may yet find a suitable face for our terrorist operations here. A man, or woman, of the military would have many of the traits that would make for a satisfactory leader.

I also have a proposal that you may be interested in, one that would benefit us both.
    "

Abis, in human form, began to walk towards the barracks, at a slow pace so that Anna might join him.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Anna was rather happy to see at least some possible ally in the foreign land. Cammorae typically had two prices; there was the price you paid for their services, and the price you paid for their services. She could usually afford both.

When Abis spoke to her, she replied, "A proposal Abis? Then let us discuss it. Away from the others, I assume? You can be so secretive."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Roy titled his head slightly, thoughtfully, and smiled pleasantly at Vinncent. The Baron Tyranny and his family held all the cards in this negotiation and Roy came simply to the conclusion that he would do nothing about this. He would not pressure the man, nor dance around the issue - he would be polite, courteous and reasonable. Hopefully the man before him would be as suspicious and paranoid as hoped he might be...

"We're here for a very simple reason, but first I must apologise for intruding upon you so suddenly. An Excrutian saboteur was responsible for the destruction of our jet. We disposed of her yet not quite fast enough to prevent our unfortunate crash landing. Anyway, me and my family wish to reinforce my Estate against Excrutian attack - there have been unsettling occurrences lately so we thought it best to sortie in an effort to discover what's going on. Currently, we are regrettably delayed and I do hope we can set off again soon."

Roy looked understandingly into Vinncent's eyes and nodded slightly; his young face a picture of concern for his Noble purpose.
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
    – said G. K. Chesterton

21. - Top - End - #231

"It's no problem... err, I don't believe I caught your name or title. We are quite accustomed to your kind appearing suddenly and unexpectedly in far stranger places."

"That the Excrucians are about is most troubling, and I'm certain that reinforcing your Estate will keep all of us nice and safe? Can the Cammorea be of any assistance to you in this matter? While we typically prefer to avoid getting involved in conflicts with the Horsemen, assisting in the spread of Estates is a talented well honed. And, what Estate would that be?"

Vinncent's smiling expression remains unphased by Roy's posturing.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh great."
    Mike watched Limits and Wealth wander away. Then he turned to look at Chaos, disdain very obvious.
    "Eugh. You can be just as bad as Newbo Uno. Look, just... go play with your magical servants. I'm going to go smoke outside this damn bastion of crap."
    Mike walks away as well. He passes the soldiers, busy training, on guard duty, just generally hard at work doing whatever it is soldiers do.
    As he reachs the main gates the guards nod to him, obviously having heard of his party and recognising him as being wholly unusual like his 'family'. He sits in the snow just outside, desperately trying to light a cigarette.
    He looks at one of the guards. The men are not familiar, and neither is the uniform. Perhaps some further probing would be useful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor divinination of memories on the base, to find out just what has happened here.
    Nothing but a Nobody

23. - Top - End - #233

Spoiler
    Show
    This AFB, while remote and relatively new, is one of the better maintained and skilled in the nation. It is one of three charged within five hundred km of the capitol, all redundantly responsible for protecting its airspace, hence there is an emphasis on rapid response. The men are typically in good spirits (it's a beautiful area), and highly skilled, but most of them have never seen real action. Those that have been to war show the faintest recollection of Tyranny.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we can safely assume that the expansion of his estate would keep us "nice and safe."*pause*I'm curious about how you would go about spreading an estate. I mean, it's not like you can just walk up to someone and order them to obey, ya know?

25. - Top - End - #235

"To obey?" Vinncent says, perking up just a bit. He turns to Roy. "Would you happen to be the Power of Obedience?" Without looking back to David, he responds. "Let us say simply that we are good at what we do, and for the right price, we are willing to do it. Leave the details to us, and do not inquire about them."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

*laughing* No, it's not obedience, although that does factor into his estate. I'll let my brother talk to you about that. I'm here because it this whole conversation deals with *MY* estate.

27. - Top - End - #237

He turns back to David, frowning ever so slightly. "And what would that be? While I am just a humble mortal, and who is that to speculate, I would image that with the Excrucians afoot guessing games might be a impractical waste of your time." He smiles again.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I happen to love guessing games and speculation.However, since you ask, I am Knowledge.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"David...can you please fetch Mike for me? I'd very much like his help."

And with that, Roy turned his full attention to the Camorean; his Gift of Magnificence suddenly flaring into its full, blazing glory. Eyes alight with the divine power, the Baron Tyranny stood and spoke in full voice towards the little man before him: "No, Vinncent I am not the Power of Obediance but its ultimate expression. I am order and stability imposed through control; I am the progess and peace that stands on the cusp of opression. I am Tyrrany! And from this day forward you belong to me..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating his Gift of Magnificence again. Yay for power.
    Last edited by Cannonball; 2008-08-28 at 01:47 PM.
    – said G. K. Chesterton

30. - Top - End - #240

A momentarily reflex of terror sends Vinncent falling backwards in his chair, screaming in a tone of great mournfulness and awe "NO!". When the seat hits the ground, the Cammorean is nowhere to be seen.