New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Two feats: Feet Attacks and Wis to Grapple

Feet of Fury (Fighter)
    At some point, you realized that the claws on your feet are just as sharp as those on your hands. Through extensive martial training, you have learned to strike with your feet as readily as with any weapon.
    Prerequisites: Balance 10 Ranks, BAB +10, one or more limbs that are not normally listed as capable of claw attacks (four-legged bear that only gets two claw attacks)
    Benefits: While making a full attack, you may make an additional two claw attacks by kicking with your feet at a -5 penalty.

A fighter may take this as her bonus feat.

The Power of Leverage (Fighter)
    Prerequisites: Wisdom 20, Intuitive attack
    Benefits: Add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to Grapple, Trip, and Disarm attacks.

Thoughtful Competitor (Fighter)
    Prerequisites: Intelligence 20, Insightful Strike (or similar feat/class feature)
    Benefits: Add your Intelligence modifier as a bonus to Grapple, Trip, and Disarm attacks.

A fighter may take this as her bonus feat
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2011-02-12 at 07:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Two feats: Feet Attacks and Wis to Grapple

The Power of Leverage would be weak by normal campaign standards. For those prerequisites, it should be flatout adding numbers, or maybe allow you to grapple creatures within 3 sizes of you at reduced penalty or something.

Feet of Fury has stricter requirements and is only slightly stronger than Snap Kick. Seems fine to me.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree with Astral on The Power of Leverage, as it's too feat restrictive to be a straight stat replacement. I'd reduce the requirements either way, as it may seem fine in a gestalt game but it's way underpowered for what it otherwise gives. I'd require Intuitive Attack and your choice of Improved Grapple, Disarm or Trip to have Wis replace Str and then have a second feat with higher restrictions to add Wis to Str for those, probably either 1 or both of the other feats you don't have and obviously a higher Wisdom.

Speaking of, I don't believe you meant to write Wisdom +20, as that's a Wisdom of 50, which is a bit steep. I'd recommend Wisdom 19 for The Power and Wisdom 21 for The Touch (bad song reference, I know . Couldn't help myself. )

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mhvaughan View Post
    Here are two feats for use in a gestalt game I'm currently in. The game tends towards high-power (PCs and Monsters have full HP, extra feats, extra skill points, faster ability score progression). The characters are currently level 11.

For the grappling monk:

The Power of Leverage (TM) (Fighter)
    Requirements: Wisdom 20, At least two grapple/trip/disarm related feats, Intuitive attack [I removed some of the requirements, as suggested, but it doesn't matter really whether it's two or five feats, because my monk has six feats, 2 per each of these attacks--his whole purpose in life is to do these three things well]

Add your wisdom bonus (instead of Strength? on top of?) to Grapple, Trip, and Disarm attacks.
    should be in place of strenght, though you are free to homebrew another feat with this one as a prereq that would add both.

i wouln't even say that they need grapple/trip/etc related feats. i'd just saty that they need intuitive attack and combat expertise.

write it up in standard format too, cuz right now you have production commentary going on right in the feat description. other than that, looks good.

------------------------------------

For the Were-Bear Barbarian
    Round-house claw to the face!

Feet of Fury (Fighter)
    Requirements: Balance +10, BAB +10, at least one claw attack

At some point, you realized that the claws on your feet are just as sharp as those on your hands. Through extensive martial training, you have learned to strike with your feet as readily as with your weapon. While making a full attack with a weapon, you may also kick your opponent with your claw attacks.

Reasoning: There is a similar monk feat called "Lightning Fists", which allows you to take two extra attacks in a round, with all attacks made this round at a -5 penalty. I ignored the -5 penalty because both of Kyrill's claw attacks only deal two-thirds of the damage of a single fullblade attacks, so this is in fact much weaker than Haste or Lightning Fists and more about flavor.

For Kyrill the were-bear, this gives him:
    Fullblade 1 / Fullblade 2 / Fullblade 3
    Bite attack 1
    Claw attack 1 / Claw attack 2
    write this one in standard format too, and specify what kind of attacks they are. right now you mention claws and kicking, so it could confuse people that don't know kyrill's background.

it should probably look something like:

Feet of Fury
    At some point, you realized that the claws on your feet are just as sharp as those on your hands. Through extensive martial training, you have learned to strike with your feet as readily as with your weapon.
    Prerequisites: Balance 6 ranks, +10 base attack bonus, one or more natural claw attacks, one or more limbs that are not normally listed as capable of claw attacks (four-legged bear that only gets two claw attacks)
    Benefits: When making a full attack, you can make two extra claw attacks using your feet. All attacks this round suffer a -2 penalty to hit.

something like that.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2009-07-26 at 05:32 PM.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

5. - Top - End - #5

On top of strength. Grappling is very narrow to begin with; a feat for +4, +5 or whatever will not break the game.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Feet of Fury (Fighter)
    At some point, you realized that the claws on your feet are just as sharp as those on your hands. Through extensive martial training, you have learned to strike with your feet as readily as with any weapon.
    Prerequisites: Balance 10 Ranks, BAB +10, one or more limbs that are not normally listed as capable of claw attacks (four-legged bear that only gets two claw attacks)
    Benefits: While making a full attack, you may make an additional two claw attacks by kicking with your feet at a -5 penalty.

The Power of Leverage (TM) (Fighter)
    Prerequisites: Wisdom 20, Intuitive attack
    Benefits: Add your Wisdom modifier instead of your Strength modifier to Grapple, Trip, and Disarm attacks.

Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-07-26 at 11:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

I still say it should be on top of, not instead of.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Stycotl's the boss. S'alright. I'm using the opportunity to completely redo my ability scores. It will end some of the MADness.

In addition, Stycotl's given monks full BAB, so it mitigates the loss.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mhvaughan View Post
    Feet of Fury (Fighter)
    Prerequisites: Balance +10, BAB +10, at least one claw attack, hind legs with claws
    Benefits: While making a full attack with a weapon, you may utilize your normal claw attacks by kicking with your feet.

9 ranks? Skill requirements are always given as ranks, never as minimum bonuses.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2009-07-26 at 08:22 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Silly me. I fixed it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The Power of Leverage (TM)
    what's the "tm" mean?

about the wis+str or wisdom in place of strength, i think that normal d&d precedent says in stead of. precedent doesn't end up meaning all that much, but in the end, i still want some incentive to having a high strength for what are normally strength-related activities.

feet of fury looks good, but the way you have it written doesn't allow you to use kicks if you are full attacking with your normal claw attacks. there shouldn't be any reason that you can kick when wielding an axe, but not when clawing.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I just thought "The Power of Leverage was such an unoriginal and stupid sounding name that I would tag it with 'trademarked.'

Good point about unarmed. I shall fix.

There's really no incentive for strength now. The monk's got wings, so climb and jump are out. The only thing left is swim and bullrush?
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-07-26 at 11:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Stycotl View Post
    about the wis+str or wisdom in place of strength, i think that normal d&d precedent says in stead of. precedent doesn't end up meaning all that much, but in the end, i still want some incentive to having a high strength for what are normally strength-related activities.
    So... if you go with "both added", you get that. Everyone wins! If you go with 'instead of', you go from Multi Ability Utility to Single Ability Dependency. I like to stay right at the MAU part of the spectrum from MAD to SAD.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

so, like i said in this thread or in the other then, feel free to homebrew the higher level feat that replaces this one and allows both to be added.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns