New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [3.5] Bone Knight Changes

In my group's next campaign (Age of Worms), I will be playing a LN Half-Orc Cleric of Hextor/Ordained Champion/Bone Knight. But due to some internal party conflicts, summoning, controling and other dealings with undead are off limits to me (it would really piss off those two NG and CG characterS), so I won't be able to use Bone March, Skeletal Steed, Master of the White Banner and Fill the Ranks abilities, so in order not to make the levels where I would get those abilities a waste, my DM allowed me to come up with a Bone Knight fix. So, I'm asking you, dear playgrounders, to help me with this task. I was thinking that fighter's BAB or one extra caster lvl would account for those 4 abilities, but any suggestions are welcome.
    Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [3.5] Bone Knight Changes

Well, for starters I'll just say that even without undead controlling abilities Bone Knight is a very good PRC.

Giving full caster level or BAB would be a mistake, as then you'd be giving up almost nothing to gain a lot of quality immunities.

Generally, it you don't want to control the undead, then your best bet would be abilities that banish undead.

Bone March doesn't count for much on its own, it's primarily a flavor thing justifying their control of undead in Karrnath when they themselves aren't clerics.

Skeletal Steed is meant to compensate for a Paladin's steed, so unless you're focusing on Mounted Combat it won't help you much.

Master of the White Banner and Fill the Ranks are a bit more useful, again I'd focus on abilities that impede or banish undead to keep the theme. Probably a bonus feat related to turning.

Again, though, Bone Knight is really good even without these abilities.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Pardon the ignorance, but what is a Bone Knight? Where can I find it, and what could I use it for?
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Burley Warlock View Post
    Pardon the ignorance, but what is a Bone Knight? Where can I find it, and what could I use it for?
    It's a PrC in "Five Nations" for Eberron. Basically it's an undead controller full BAB class with a Gother-than-thou 'bone armour + skeletal steed' look. Think blackguard lite, or death knight without the [Undead] or [Evil] tags.

edit: v- I stand corrected. 7/10, not full BAB

(full BAB + partial caster advancement would be such a game breaker )
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-08-07 at 09:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

It's not full BAB, it's 7/10. For the awesomness, check the picture below.

Common sense is not so common.

Nanfoodle the Maverick, Conjurer of expensive tricks

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    You make sense in an annoying way.