New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Pirates IV - Firefly Firefight!

The Serenity was growing full, filled with all sorts of people, smugglers, brown coats, fences, traders, and undoubtably a few Alliance folks disguised in the mix. Mal watched the cargo hold filling with people, eyes glancing around trying to see who he recognized. A mudder sang a song in the corner.

Oh, He robbed from the rich
    and he gave to the poor.
    Stood up to the man
    and he gave him what for.
    Our love for him now
    ain't hard to explain.
    The hero of Canton
    the man they call Jayne.

Off to the side, a man and a woman met with their pack animal.
    You know, you are supposed to try not to stand out, but you're naked. You stand out.
    I know, but did you see the companion they have on board. I know she saw me! But its okay. The plan is going perfectly. I slipped the information to the Alliance. They will definately send some high ranking people to scope it out and when they do. BAM! We get the jump on them, then the rebellion has a fighting chance again. What could go...

Suddenly, Serenity groans and the lights go out. Shots are fired, people scream, bodies hit the floor. When the lights come back on, Indurain, Alarra, and their llama all lay dead. Everyone on board suddenly looks different. Apparently, the Alliance is testing a new feature disruption device and have snuck onboard. Who else slipped in during the madness? Now its up to the folks on Serenity to find the Alliance members hidden among them. A few people, presumably shepards, but its hard to tell now, step up to the dead bodies and begin giving last rites. Most people slink off to their sleeping quarters, quietly to ponder what went wrong and where the Alliance members are.

Pirates IV is officially starting night 1. If you have any night actions, please send them to Atreyu, Indurain, and Alarra.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Crew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Captain Malcom Reynolds – Baner (member, mason group 1) – each night phase Captain Reynolds can choose to protect a guest of the ship from alliance interrogation.
    Captain Reynolds is the captain of the Firefly-class spaceship Serenity, upon which all of the action in this game will take place. He is fiercely loyal and protective of his crew.

Zoe Washburne – Lover (member, mason group 1) – Zoe and Wash are very in love, when one dies, so must the other. When voting for the same target, their vote counts as 3.

Zoe served under Captain Reynolds in the unification war, and continues to serve under him on Serenity. She is married to Hoban Washburne

Hoban “Wash” Washburne – Lover (member, mason group 1) - – Zoe and Wash are very in love, when one dies, so must the other. When voting for the same target, their vote counts as 3.
    Hoban ‘Wash’ is the wise-cracking pilot of Serenity. He is married to Zoe.

Inara Serra – Voider – each night phase, Inara can choose to spend the evening with a guest of the ship. This stops them from being able to use any night-time ability they may possess.
    Inara is a Companion, a high-society courtesan licensed by the Alliance. She is a part of the social elite, often accompanying the wealthy and powerful.

Jayne Cobb – Fool – Jayne thinks he has everything figured out and can smell an alliance pig a mile away. He’s can’t. Each evening he can search for alliance spies, but his observation skills are rather lacking.
    Jayne is a mercenary, who is often contemptuous of those around him. He is a man of action and surrounds himself with an arsenal of the best weaponry.

Kaylee Frye – Mechanic – Kaylee is adept at fixing items to continue running, even when they oughtn’t. Each item she possesses is able to be used twice, rather than only once.
    Kaylee is the mechanic of Serenity. She is extremely adept at what she does, and fixes everything with a cheerful smile.

Dr. Simon Tam – Life Saver – Dr. Tam’s vote counts as -2.
    Simon is a gifted surgeon that is working as a medic on Serenity in order to keep his extremely gifted sister away from the alliance.

River Tam – Seer – River’s psychic ability allows her to adeptly hunt the disguised alliance.

River is a highly gifted girl, who after the Alliance subjected her to numerous experiments has become unstable, as well as psychic. She is on the run from the many alliance seeking her.

Sheppard Book – Day Baner – Each night Sheppard Book may choose someone to protect on the following day.

Book is a preacher, who provides frequent spiritual advice for the crew of Serenity. He has a mysterious past, and on numerous occasions has demonstrated a depth of knowledge one would not expect a clergyman to be familiar with, including space travel, firearms, hand-to-hand combat, and criminal activity.

Smugglers: -Masons group 2 (5)- A group of smugglers who are well acquainted with one anothers.

Team Other
    Spoiler
    Show

These particular characters all have a vendetta against someone else on the ship. The only thing that matters to them is eliminating their nemesis. Keep your eye open for shady behaviour.

Saffron – A crafty and seductive con artist, who uses numerous aliases. She briefly became Mal’s wife, under false pretenses.

Bester – Bester was the original mechanic of Serenity. When it was found that Kaylee had greater knowledge of engines than he, he was fired.

Badger - Badger is a criminal, but views himself as a business man and better than other smugglers who don't have a base of operations. The crew of Serenity will at times run jobs for him.

Adelai Niska – A major crime lord, known for his enjoyment of torturing those that displease him.

Stitch Hessian – Stitch was once Jayne’s partner, until Jayne pushed him from their craft while leaving a job. Stitch has never forgiven Jayne for this.

Tracey Smith – Tracey served with Mal and Zoe in the war. He has angered some Alliance men and is on the run.

Mr. Universe – A reclusive cybergeek known for his ability to broadcast anything anywhere.

Nandi – A fellow companion friend of Inarra’s, Nandi runs a brothel on an unnamed outer world.

The Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show

-members of the alliance will begin the game knowing one another.

Hands of Blue #1 - Devil
    Hands of Blue #2 – Devil

- The hands of blue are a pair of men searching for River. They will go to great lengths to retrieve her, and are deadly to all that cross their path. They have some latent psychic ability that allows them to search for hidden crew members.

Atherton Wing – Alliance voider – similarly to Inarra, he can monopolize an individual for an evening, preventing the use of their power.

A nobleman that frequently engaged Inarra’s services.

Dr. Mathias – lover
    The Alliance doctor responsible for many of the experiments to which River was subjected.

Jubal Early – lover
    A bounty hunter, seeking River and Simon.

Lawrence Dobson – An undercover alliance agent that has sneaked onto Serenity previously.

The Operative – An agent of the alliance, charged with hunting down River Tam.

Rance Burgess – The richest man on an unnamed border planet, Burgess runs afoul of the Serenity crew when he attacks a brothel that Inarra’s friend Nandi runs.

Lt. Womack – An alliance member of an organ smuggling operation, he is searching for Tracey Smith.

Smuggling
    Spoiler
    Show

Everyone on board Serenity (except for the Alliance) will have the option of smuggling various products between ports. You can choose from 4 different items to smuggle, each varying in risk and reward.

Medicine – 1 gp
    Food – 2 gp
    Weapons - 3 gp
    YOW Credits – 4 gp

You will be smuggling these items from port to port. If you manage to go undetected in your time between ports, than you will receive the reward listed above.

However, there are two government officials who are looking for smugglers. Each night they each get 1 scry, and if they find a smuggler, they confiscate their goods and impose a fine equal to the reward listed above.

As an added bonus, if you successfully smuggle the YOW credits, you will receive 3 YOW credits for that game.

You can PM the narrators at each port to state which item you will be attempting to smuggle. You cannot try to smuggle something if you don’t have enough gp to cover the fine should you be caught.

Player List (Alive: 11/50)
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Aemoh
    2. alexeduardo - villager, autolynched Day 3
    3. Artemis97 - the operative, autolynched Day 11
    4. B-Man - Jubal Early, Alliance lover, lynched Day 5
    5. Banjo1985 - Lawrence Dobson, alliance, lynched Day 14
    6. catseye2121 - passenger, autolynched day 8
    7. Cobra Ikari - passenger, autolynched day 8
    8. Cristo Meyers - Shepherd Book, killed night 12
    9. CultDoctor
    10. CurlyKitGirl - villager, autolynched Day 3
    11. DallasDakota - villager, beastkilled Day 13
    12. Dragoon
    13. Dr. Bath - Nandi, left game with win,
    14. Eldritch Knight - Zoe Washburne, killed Night 4
    15. Emperor Demonking - villager, lynched Day 2
    16. Evnafets - Hoban Washburne, killed Night 4
    17. Fin
    18. Fleeing Coward - Kaylee Frye, assasssinated Day 13
    19. Free Hand - Rance Burgess, alliance, lynched day 7
    20. Freshmeat - Lt. Womack, lynched day 9
    21. Griever - Adelai Niska, lynched Day 3
    22. Haruki-kun - villager, killed night 7
    23. Helgraf
    24. huyneo - villager, lynched day 12
    25. Istari
    26. Jontom Xire - smuggling ring, lynched day 1
    27. Malmagor Andrigal - villager, autolynched day 5
    28. Mordokai - smuggling ring, killed night 2
    29. Mountain Faerie - villager, lynched day 10
    30. Murska - Hand of Blue, lynched day 13
    31. Mustiado - smuggling ring, killed night 3
    32. Ranna - Dr. Simon Tam, killed Night 13
    33. RadikalSkippy
    34. Reinholdt - Hand of Blue #1, devil, lynched day 4
    35. Shadow - villager, killed night 1
    36. Shadowcaller - Inara Serra, voider, killed night 6
    37. Smellie Hippie - Captain Reynolds, baner, killed night 8
    38. Supagoof - passenger, lynched day 8
    39. SweetLikeLemons - Tracey Smith, killed night 14
    40. ThePhantom
    41. The Rogue Monk
    42. Thes Hunter - River, killed night 9
    43. Trog - Bester, left game with a win
    44. Vampiric - Dr. Mathias, Alliance lover, kynched day 5
    45. Vavaara - mason, autolynched day 8
    46. Whitehelm - Saffron, killed Night 11
    47. xNadia
    48. Zar Peter - Mason, killed night 5
    49. Zeb the Troll
    50. ZombieRockStar - Stitch, autolynched day 7

Current phase: Night 15, ending ~11pm Wednesday, October 1st

All nights will be approx 24 hours and the days will be approx 48 hours.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2008-10-01 at 12:05 AM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Pirates IV - Firefly Firefight!

*rushes in*

*breaks the Fourth Wall*

*rushes out*

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

I will be away from 16th to 23rd (ish) August.

(goes away to check his role PM and work out how much money he has).
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2008-08-09 at 09:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

4. - Top - End - #4

I also will be away during that time.

5. - Top - End - #5

A middle-aged woman, or at least what appears to be a middle aged woman, with the sun leathered skin, and scars and all, hunkers down in one of the more empty corners of the hold.

She pulls the hip flask out of her, well, hip pocket and shakes it looking disappointed. She opens it anyways and upends the flask into her open mouth catching the few last drops dark liquid that emerges.

She pulls her coat in tight around herself and leans against the wall and attempts to get some shut eye.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

*up above on the metal scaffolding a short gentleman in a fine bowler hat dangles his boots over the edge casually.

Er... someone ought to check the wiring in this boat. Not sure she's meant to carry 53 people... er... well... 50 I guess now huh? Probably killed by the Alliance. Or I suppose it could be the brown coats.

*The short man stands and makes his way down to the cargo deck floor and stands around a bit uselessly before lighting a cigarette, tipping back his hat and scratching his forehead.*

Er... so what do we do with them now do you suppose? Can't exactly dig a hole now can we. Oo! I know! Maybe we could put them in a photon torpedo shell and shoot them out into the... no... no wait... that was another show. Nevermind.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gooffy, as she was known back in Sunnydale, makes her way around the ship. Stake hidden securely in her jacket, the slayer looks intently at the passangers.

I can feel them amongst us. Wretched creatures of the night. Mark my words Willow, we'll get them. Those demons won't stand a chance, will they Willow?

Willow?

She looks around, trying to find her friend. Her beautiful hair capturing the moonlight in such a way that the men go....Uuuuhh.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yuki wasn't too surprised that this junker of a Firefly class ship had enemies on it. She brushed her brown hair out of her face and ignored the others. Naturally, you can't trust other smugglers, probably someone was paid good money for the rat out. Oh well, at least this ship might be easy enough to get some decent smuggling in. She adjusts her red armband, before trying to go to sleep with her back against a container.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

9. - Top - End - #9

Yuss, I got here before this reached page 4!
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Captain Neonbeard the scourge of the 25975603968024960487695467926759825982398723 galaxies was pretty sure he was in the wrong continuum. None the less the fearsome space pirate decided that spending the next couple of weeks on this dim and dirty ship was better then going back home to the wife.
    Last edited by Free Hand; 2008-08-09 at 06:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Another day, another body fished out of the guts of the ship. It was a hard, miserable life if you weren't on board with the Alliance - hell, it was a miserable life regardless. The air was thick with ozone, spent oil and sexual frustration.

And passengers. Soo many passengers. Getting a bit of private space to bivouac in hadn't been easy, especially for a big lug like myself.

Maybe I'd get lucky and find some dame who appreciated slab-o-man. Otherwise it was just long nights playing lap harp for this goon.

Maybe some rest would make things easier.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

12. - Top - End - #12

Standing in the shadows of the hold, Eric watches all the people trying to sleep or wait out the night. Sleep was for the weak, as for him, he would wait, he had a debt to repay, and one of those passengers was the one he wanted to get even with. He would wait until he found the target of his revenge.

13. - Top - End - #13

Carl wondered why these Alliance members kept bothering them.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

*walks up to Gooffy*

S'cuse me miss?

Uuuuhh.

*shakes head to clear it* Sorry about that. Look, I quite fancy you. 'Specially those legs o yor'n. And it just so happens I have room for one more up in my makeshift hammock. Care to get personable-like for the evening?

*eyebrow waggle. puffs*
    Last edited by Trog; 2008-08-09 at 11:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

A small, rather nondescript man walks over to the corpses and kneels. He pets the llama a couple times before pulling out a knife and testing its edge, staring in deep thought.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

A dark-haired woman leans against a bulkhead, watching the other passengers. Frowning, Artemis wondered if any of them could be trusted.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The alliance, seemingly unstartled by the new look they each have, manage to meet and discuss the various smugglers that are aboard. Someone else needs to die, if only to really cement the message in these fools heads....SMUGGLING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. They spend the evening wandering around the crowds, looking for a likely subject.

There, sir. That one looks crafty and conniving. Guaranteed to be a thorn in our side if we let him alone. He should be made an example of.

As with most alliance conversations, there was much nodding, arguing, casting blame, and being diverted by other 'pressing' matters, before a decision was finally reached.

Under the cover of night, they crept into the unsuspecting passenger's room where they began their 'interrogation'.

As the passengers and crew began to awake, during what could be termed the morning, not that you would know out in the black of space, they gathered together in the cargo bay to make sure everyone was still accounted for. Finding one person missing, a search of the passenger bay was conducted. Shadow's room was noted to still be locked. After much knocking and searching for a key, several passengers entered. Shadow sat, almost serenely, in the center of the room. His complexion was pale, and bruises, burns and cuts covered his bound arms and the rest of his body. A note was stapled neatly to the center of his chest.

Let this be a lesson to you brigands. Smuggling and illegal activities will not be tolerated in alliance airspace. And everything is alliance space. People like you are a waste of our air and one by one, you'll stop needing it.

Shadow was killed. He was a regular Space Pirate.

Day 1 begins. Ends at ~11pm EST Tuesday, August 12th

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

In Shadow's pocket you find a note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbled note
    I know they're coming for me.
    Don't worry River, I won't tell them where you's hidin'.
    I'd never let on 'bout that.
    Nope. Nothin' in the whole 'verse could make me spill that one.
    Be safe, and think of me when you finish them 'lliance chumps off.
    -Shadow
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup. You wasted that one, huh River/Jayne?

Have fun guys!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

That sucks. That really really really sucks.

Which, to me, implies that whoever sent the night kill in is not one of us veterans who at least allow people like Shadow a few day's grace and enjoyment of the game before we kill them.

So we're looking for someone(s) who are experienced enough to have played with Shadow before and be aware at first hand of how good he is, but not experienced enough to have been victimised the way Shadow just has or they'd know how much it sucks and be a little more compassionate.

Picking a random name from people who have had some experience but not loads, I point at Murska.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

20. - Top - End - #20

((Man, I can't compete with Shadow here like in YOW cause he's dead already. That sucks.))

Morning. Well, not that that phrase really meant anything in space, but if you weren't born and raised a spacer, then you probably still divided time up into "day" and "night" even when they didn't really apply anymore. A slab of hand grabbed one of the metal struts and pulled the man to his feet.

A pirate bought it in the chest, though the body looked like it had been tortured first. Bad business. Looks like the alliance slipped a couple of thugs on board. Figuring them out was going to be the real trick.

evnafets

Note: Gimme something better to work with. Cause this ain't based on anything useful.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-08-12 at 02:41 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

But why should non-veterans not get a chance to play the game?

Bad baner.

Eldricht knight
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-11 at 01:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

I think maybe... I'm on the wrong ship.

*hippie says a few words in passing for Shadow and looks at the crowd gathered in the hallway*

Hey you... in the back there! Dragoon is it? Did you have something to do with this?
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

23. - Top - End - #23

((Fleeing Coward perhaps? Yes, I know he just been lynched in another game but this seems to... him of some reason.))

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    That sucks. That really really really sucks.

Which, to me, implies that whoever sent the night kill in is not one of us veterans who at least allow people like Shadow a few day's grace and enjoyment of the game before we kill them.

So we're looking for someone(s) who are experienced enough to have played with Shadow before and be aware at first hand of how good he is, but not experienced enough to have been victimised the way Shadow just has or they'd know how much it sucks and be a little more compassionate.

Picking a random name from people who have had some experience but not loads, I point at Murska.

Hey, I haven't ever played with Shadow before.

Jontom Xire for now, unless someone has any evidence.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

*the shortish man wakes and dons his mighty fine hat he won in a game of cards off of some no account guy even shorter than him, lights a cigarette and hops down from his makeshift hammock.*

Hmm... well being as I spent the night alone I can't really say who did this. Dang. The price for lodgings isn't gonna go up the less people there are is it? I'd ask the captain but quite frankly I don't have any clue which of you fine ladies and gentlemen to pay. Guess I'll just pay when we arrive then yes? Good.

You there. Stems.
    *is talking to supagoof* when do we arrive anyway, hon?

26. - Top - End - #26

Xavier, the waiter is sitting at the roulette table.

Finally, a little relaxation. This little gnome last journey was just so annoying, I can't even tell... so, what's the lucky number?
    23?
    It's Helgraf! He won the jackpot!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

An undescribed man looks up.

"I am inclined to believe we are looking for Whitehelm," says the man whose narrator shall never describe him.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Helgraf, you don't vote for Evnafets on day 1. unless he's speaking german.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eris stands on the fringes of the crowd, scanning the faces, her ears open for any trace of a familiar accent. So there were alliance goons on board, too? Brilliant. Just what I need. As if there weren't enough people after my skin and my cash. I guess this is what I get for thinking I was starting to get ahead a little. A year since she had finally left that backwater rock, with only what she could stuff in a small knapsack, after what seemed like her whole life of scrimping and saving and hiding as much as she could from her leech of a father. And then the old man had to up and die. Not that she would have minded particularly, but Pops had owed money to pretty much every lowlife loanshark on that mudball. And they weren't the sort to let a little thing like him biting it stop them from collecting. Typical. Even from beyond the grave, the old sot found a way to bleed her dry. And now how was she supposed to do what she had to to stay a step ahead of those sharks, let alone scrape together anything to pay them back with, with danged alliance hanging around? Wait. That Jontom Xire fellow... is he staring at her? And that creepy little fellow with the hat seems to be giving people the eye, too. Well, mostly just that blonde. And it looks like he's mostly just looking at her chest. Nevermind, then. Still, perhaps it is time to make herself scarce for a while.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

*Point at Haruki* because it's Day One
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."