New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Conjure Paperform Creature

Along with the help of some very knowledge people, I've put together a monster template for "paperform" creatures. It initial intent was to discover a way to animate origami creations. This template is based on the Dustform and Ice Beast templates found in Sandstorm and Frostburn respectively. The special traits I pulled from the "Paper Golem" found in DM341.

So far I'm pretty please with it. I dont know quite what to do with the Special Abilities though, initially I was just going to leave them as the base creature, but then someone mentioned that a lot of summons have very "un-paperly" abilities. What kind of abilities would I be able to put to use that would keep the template balanced? ( if it is balanced so far) Any comments at all would be very much appreciated.
    I have the template typed up in a pdf, which can be accessed here: Paperform Template

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Conjure Paperform Creature

Sweet. you could even do a PrC based around summoning these guys. Call it the origami master or something.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Conjure Paperform Creature

Seems entertaining. As for abilities, perhapse most ranged attacks should be replaced with paper versions (particularly fire attacks). Also, I'd think that paper versions would way significantly less than the originals. As a continuatino of that, perhapse if the base creature is size medium or less it acts as if it has feather fall at all times (but maby not as some origami can be quite dense).

Owrtho