New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Where can I find a group of people willing to play D&D over the internet, with me?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but...

I used to have a group of a few friends from 4 different states (and one in England!) and we played D&D over an IRC chat network...thing.

But now, our DM has some banking problems and no longer has the time or ability to play with us, so... I'm in search of a new online group. Anyone know where I could find one?

The forum boards with games on them seem so very slow, that's why I'm not too interested in them. I much prefer the quick always updated playing.
    Oh, this is me, playing guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hKAyI2h_I
    GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Where can I find a group of people willing to play D&D over the internet, with me

Try starting an IRC game in the recruitment forum here. I got into one of those earlier this summer, and it's been one of my favorite campaigns so far. I agree that Play by Post is usually too slow, though--and they tend to die.

Another place where you can find people to game with is Myth Weavers. Again, if you want an IRC game, make sure you specify that. It'll be harder in any case to get a game started as a player instead of as the DM, but it can be done.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Where can I find a group of people willing to play D&D over the internet, with me

I'm Running One over OpenRPG. You can also check the Recruitment section of these very forums.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.