New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default animal Companion + familars [3.x]

hey wondering if there's a way to get a familiar and an animal companion to be the same thing... as in apply both the animal companion abilities and the familiar abilities to a creature... eaither through feats or class's or prcs, any books allowed..

If not any thing then what would be a reasonable feet?

Bonus Points if you can get (within raw) the templates to apply to your self.

Thanks guys!
    When the end comes i shall remember you.

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: animal Companion + familars [3.x]

Arcane Hierophant prestige class in Races of the Wild does exactly what you're looking for.

As to being your own familiar or animal companion, that's straight-up impossible barring homebrew. They're not templates that get applied to creatures, but class features. Now, I know of at least one game that had the players actually being familiars of powerful spellcasters, but that's a different matter.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

are there racial requiquirments for it?

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

No reason a PC couldn't have one of each. Somewhere there is a double familiar feat.
    Stolen from Bayar

My PC likes hamburgers but prefers cheeseburgers. Any LG Paladin should Wish for a CG Candle of Invocation to Summon a Noble Djinni or a Solar. Pazuzu probably amused at a lowly Paladin having a Demon Lord grant him a Wish to command a Solar to grant a Wish for something like Summoning a Noble Djinni for more wishes of questionable purposes. Gate spell doesn't cause creature to forget.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

That is an awsome prestige class...

are there other ways to do it however or is that the only way??

castle mike, im talking about the same creature..
    Last edited by RagnaroksChosen; 2008-08-20 at 10:09 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe that another prestige class combines Paladin's mount and Animal Companion, but i don't know about familiars.
    2nd, You could True mind switch into some random body and then with the familiar. I'm sure epic spells could.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I believe that another prestige class combines Paladin's mount and Animal Companion, but i don't know about familiars.
    2nd, You could True mind switch into some random body and then with the familiar. I'm sure epic spells could.
    thats devoted hunter.. and its a feet that allows rangers animal companiona nd a paladins mount to stack.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroksChosen View Post
    castle mike, im talking about the same creature..
    Yes but the game already allows a PC to possess Two familiars by taking a feat. A variant rule also allows a sorcerer/wizard to swap out a Familiar for a Animal Companion as a Druid of half his level. Mechanically this is just applying the Gestalt mechanic to an Animal Companion/Familiar. Now Druids can get an Elemental Companion instead of a regular Animal Companion.
    Last edited by CASTLEMIKE; 2008-08-20 at 11:14 AM.
    Stolen from Bayar

My PC likes hamburgers but prefers cheeseburgers. Any LG Paladin should Wish for a CG Candle of Invocation to Summon a Noble Djinni or a Solar. Pazuzu probably amused at a lowly Paladin having a Demon Lord grant him a Wish to command a Solar to grant a Wish for something like Summoning a Noble Djinni for more wishes of questionable purposes. Gate spell doesn't cause creature to forget.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

hmm i see what you meen.. interesting...