New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Strangest creature made with templates?

Templates are weird sometimes, and piling them onto a base creature can make some pretty crazy monsters. We fought a housecat named Mr. Gibbles the other day. Mr. Gibbles was covered in acidic ooze and had long tentacles. And heavy DR.

Another of my friends babbled for about 20 minutes about how to apply multiple templates to a warforged to end up with a normal winged human with no level adjustment.

What sorts of things have you seen/encountered/murdered?
    I find it kinda funny I find it kinda sad.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Strangest creature made with templates?

There's the CR 45 Celestial Paragon Terrasque that was the topic of the infamous "Antimatter" thread, That Damn Crab, and others. Templates can be lots of lulz.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this was an idea I had, it was a raptoran with winged creature template and half celestial. The idea was to have a 6 winged humanoid with feather wings. You can add more wings by taking the variant favoured soul that gives wings at lvl 11. And if you dont care about the type of wings, you can also add half dragon, half fiend and warlock levels. That way you have a guy with 4 pair of feather wings and 3 pairs of bat-like wings. 14 wings in total.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Well, this was an idea I had, it was a raptoran with winged creature template and half celestial. The idea was to have a 6 winged humanoid with feather wings. You can add more wings by taking the variant favoured soul that gives wings at lvl 11. And if you dont care about the type of wings, you can also add half dragon, half fiend and warlock levels. That way you have a guy with 4 pair of feather wings and 3 pairs of bat-like wings. 14 wings in total.
    2 problems. IIRC, some of those templates require large size, and I'm pretty sure you don't qualify for Enlarge Person, and second, 14 wings would make for awful aerodynamics. You'd fall, not fly. But fun, I'd give you that.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Theres also two wing grafts in the Fiend Folio (one feathered one bat).

Personally I liked my idea for a Psuedonatural Hecatontieries. All it's 100 arms turn into tentacles and it gains a few extra ones. Besides being ungodly powerful it a giant massive creature with 50 heads and over a hundred tentacles.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I was never going to use it anyway, it was just a bizzare idea i got, the mental picture is awesome.

Another bizzare template is the pseudonatural, combine that with an illithid and add half fiend and you have cthulhu.

Also, using the half something/something rules that are posted somewhere in this forums, get a half dwarf/warforged who likes pillaging, burning villages and drinking, put some levels of ninja and dread pirate, turn him into a free willed undead (like a necropolitan) and then add the pseudonatural. Congratulations, now you have a viking/cyborg/pirate/ninja/zombie/robot/offspring of the great old ones (cthulhu).

That's a masterpiece (and yeah, probably you cant add necropolitan to a half warforged, but let me keep this one please).
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Titanic tauric fish/chicken.
    Paragon half-fey flying squirrel.

But, there are some truly insane ideas. (effigy 27 halfs dragon)
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8

A necron. We used a warforged with the shadow and fast healing somehow. I don't remember the exact template at the moment. IT COULD NOT DIE.
    Spoiler
    Show

There was a time when I marched across the fields of battle, crushing those who opposed my lord and master. There was a time when I stared into the heart of darkness itself and did not tremble. These days are past me now. My lord is dead by my hand and I have shunned the light that once guided me. I do not seek your pity, I only seek the vengeance that is rightfully mine.
    - The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:
    Thank you Haruhi for the amazing Avatar.

Fullmetal Alchemy

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

In a high level game I'm running, my players recently disposed of a Tarrasque Ghoul that had been made into an Arcane Amalgam with a Nightcrawler. Damn fun, although it definitely didn't live up to the advertised CR of 23.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I did once template a half-farspawn, vampiric, spellwarped gibbering mouther - but it ended up as quite high CR with really bad HD...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by black dragoon View Post
    A necron. We used a warforged with the shadow and fast healing somehow. I don't remember the exact template at the moment. IT COULD NOT DIE.
    Maybe a HoH Soul-Locked, Necron Shadow Creature Warforged. Shadow Creatures can have Fast Healing.
    Stolen from Bayar

My PC likes hamburgers but prefers cheeseburgers. Any LG Paladin should Wish for a CG Candle of Invocation to Summon a Noble Djinni or a Solar. Pazuzu probably amused at a lowly Paladin having a Demon Lord grant him a Wish to command a Solar to grant a Wish for something like Summoning a Noble Djinni for more wishes of questionable purposes. Gate spell doesn't cause creature to forget.

12. - Top - End - #12

It may be that...Not sure.
    Spoiler
    Show

There was a time when I marched across the fields of battle, crushing those who opposed my lord and master. There was a time when I stared into the heart of darkness itself and did not tremble. These days are past me now. My lord is dead by my hand and I have shunned the light that once guided me. I do not seek your pity, I only seek the vengeance that is rightfully mine.
    - The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:
    Thank you Haruhi for the amazing Avatar.

Fullmetal Alchemy

13. - Top - End - #13

Half Dragon (black) War Troll. Not too weird but it regenerated from everything but acid. Which it is immune to. So you could knock it out or you could drown or starve it.

Which brings up a question I have been pondering. If they can regenerate from being sliced into pieces how come they can still be drowned? I can understand starvation. Not eating means no fuel for the regen. But drowning? So if their lungs are ripped out they are fun, but as long as the lungs are in their body they need to breathe? What kinda logic is that.

Also Psuedonatural Paragon Monks. Thats fast. Normal lvl 20 monk has 90 ft speed. Paragon makes it 270ft. Psuedonatural makes it either 450ft (by doubling the original 90ft and adding it to the 270) or 540 (by doubling the 270) Not sure which way it stacks. Then you run (with run feat) for either 2250ft or 2700ft in six seconds. Thats either 375 or 450 feet per second. Now that is one fast horrible monster.

14. - Top - End - #14

I like putting the Multi-headed Template on the tarrasque. It's a little difficult to imagine (seeing how much of its body is taken up by its head) when you realise you can add another 29 heads to it.

Yes, the 30 headed Tarrasque.

I've tried to combine images of a hydra with that of a tarrasque, and it just doesn't work. But it does look hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Strangest creature ever?

I'd have to go with the Ikea Tarrasque applied to a Hellwasp Swarm.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Strangest creature ever?

I'd have to go with the Ikea Tarrasque applied to a Hellwasp Swarm.
    I don't know, the other ikea Tarrasque, with a swarm of bats, each with clay golem wings, was pretty darn wierd. Also, only killable by disintegrate, which does 1d10 damage.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #17

Ah, my creations still live

*sniff*

I'm so proud!
    You sir, are my hero.

18. - Top - End - #18

How about a fiendish dragon that is equal parts black, red, blue, white, green, bronze, brass, gold, silver, and copper? Oh, and is also part-troll.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-08-31 at 11:11 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I don't know, the other ikea Tarrasque, with a swarm of bats, each with clay golem wings, was pretty darn wierd. Also, only killable by disintegrate, which does 1d10 damage.
    The reason for choosing the Hellwasp Swarm:
    It's immune to anything targeted - and all the things on the list that can hurt it? They all have to be targeted. Such a hellwasp swarm is completely unkillable provided it doesn't make use of it's Inhabit ability.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Had a BBG cook up his own dragon mount in a game i was playing in. it was a base create black dragon, he accelerated its aging process, combined it while still an egg with goo from both red and blue dragons. The thing that emerged was a monstrosity. apparently he had doubled up on the half dragon template on top of a black dragon...2 steps above adult i believe.

So we did the right thing

We killed it

DM didn't wanna let go, so he had the BBG patch it back together with golem parts. adding the half golem template to it, Iron Golem fyi : \

so again, we kill it

barely

So the mofo turns it into a dracolich... : \ I forget the dragons name, it was impressive sounding, but we kept calling him Fluffy Munchkins,

Other than that was a half red dragon troll, acid its only takedown, but thats been said before.

i did once do a tauric cross between a goblin and a direbat, then added the half fiend template. Gobats, man, they rocked.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I've actually played with templates a lot before and came up with two fearsome beasts. One, an uber red dragon wyrm, and the other, a little thing I like to call, "The Horrible Goblin." Here are their complete stats for your enjoyment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kepeskixen
    (Firestorm)

Thirty-Headed Spellwarped Half-Fiend Phrenic Red Dragon Great Wyrm
    Colossal Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire, Psionic)

Hit Dice: 78d12+3276 (3783)
    Initiative: +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
    Speed: 40’, fly 200’ (good)
    Armor Class: 76 (-8 size, +3 Dex, +71 natural) touch 5, flat-footed 73
    Base Attack/Grapple: +78/+111
    Attack: Bite +95 melee (4d8+25)
    Full Attack: 30 Bites +95 melee (4d8+25), 2 Claws +95 melee (4d6+14), 2 Wings +95 melee (2d8+14), and Tail Slap +95 melee (4d6+35)
    Space/Reach: 30’/20’ (30’ with bite)
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Crush, Frightful Presence, Spell-Like Abilities, Smite Good, Tail Sweep.
    Special Qualities: Blindsense 60’, DR 20/Magic, Evasion, Immunity to Fire, Sleep, and Paralysis, Keen Senses, Lernaean, PR 88, Psi-Like Abilities, Resistance to Acid, Cold, and Electricity 10, Spells, Spell Absorbtion, Spell-Like Abilities, SR 89, Weakness to Cold, 50% Miss Chance(Displacement Cloak).
    Saves: Fort +64, Ref +25, Will +31.
    Abilities: Str 53:+21, Dex 16:+3, Con 95:+42, Int 36:+13, Wis 29:+9, Cha 32:+11
    Skills: Concentration +123, Diplomacy +110, Escape Artist +83, Gather Information +20 Intimidate +92, Knowledge (All Ten) +94, Listen +148, Search +152, Sense Motive +89, Spellcraft +22, Spot +148, Survival +27, Use Magic Device +92.
    Feats: Cleave, Clinging Breath, Combat Relfexes, Dire Charge, Final Strike, Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Greater Multigrab, Improved Initiative, Improved Manuverabiltiy 3, Improved Multiattack, Improved Snatch, Large And In Charge, Maximize Breath, Multiattack, Multisnatch, Power Attack, Recover Breath 4, Snatch, Snatch And Swallow, Spellcasting Harrier, Tail Sweep Knockdown, Wingover, Wingstorm.
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 44
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: 79+ HD

Combat

Breath Weapon (Su): Using a breath weapon is a standard action. Each head can breath in the same round and uses a separate roll for when they can breath again. Each of Firestorm’s heads can only breath every 1d4 rounds. A 70’ cone of fire dealing 240 damage with a reflex save (DC 91). Foes that were hit by the initial blast take half the damage they did before the next round. A full-round action may be made to negate this effect by attempting the saving throw again. A +2 is given for rolling on the ground to put out the flames. Jumping in water will not extinguish them.
    Crush (Ex): This attack only affects Large or smaller creatures. It allows Firestorm to land on top of enemies while flying. It affects anyone who is inside his space. The affected creatures must make a reflex save (DC 91) or be automatically pinned. In the subsequent rounds they are grappled and Firestorm can deal 4d8+31 damage as a grapple action.
    Final Strike (Ex): When Firestorm is killed his body explodes in a blast of fiery elemental destruction. This effect deals 20d6 points of fire damage to everything within 60’ with a reflex save (DC 91) for half, and it deals 38d6 points of light damage to everything within a 60’ radius with a reflex save for half at the same DC. This effect leaves Firestorm’s corpse unsuitable for a raise dead or resurrection. A true resurrection, wish, or miracle will restore him to life however.
    Frightful Presence (Ex): This ability takes affect automatically whenever Firestorm attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a 360’ radius must make a will save (DC 59) if they have fewer than 78 hit dice. A creature that succeeds is immune to Firestorm’s frightful presence for the next 24 hours. Affected creatures with 4 or less hit dice are panicked for 4d6 rounds. Affected creatures with 5 or more hit dice are shaken for 4d6 rounds. Other dragons ignore this ability.
    Large And In Charge (Ex): After Firestorm hits a creature with an attack of opportunity for moving through his reach he may make an opposed strength check to move that creature back to where it started entering his range. He gets a +4 for every size category he is bigger than the creature and a +1 for every 5 points of damage the attack of opportunity dealt. The creature pushed cannot move any farther this round.
    Lernaean (Ex): Firestorm’s body is immune to damage. All of his heads must be severed to kill him. Each head has 126 hit points. Whenever a head is sever or killed two new ones will grow in 1d4 rounds. Firestorm may never have more than 60 heads and the extra ones wither and die within a day of sprouting. To prevent a severed head from re-growing 5 points of acid damage must penetrate his resistance and sear the stump (Touch AC 19). Death spells will also prevent one head from re-growing if they kill it.
    Psi-Like Abilities: 3/day – defensive precognition, empty mind, intellect fortress, mind thrust (DC 22), psionic teleport. 1/day – aversion (DC 23), body adjustment, brain lock (DC 23), concussion blast, energy current (DC 26), fission, force screen, psionic dominate (DC 25), psychic crush (DC 26), tower of iron will, ultrablast (DC 28). Manifester level 78.
    Snatch (Ex): Firestorm can choose to grapple any Huge or smaller creature when he hits with a claw or bite attack, as though he possessed improved grab. If he succeeds he may use that attack as a grapple action on any subsequent round at no extra penalty. If both claws are grappling he may walk only half his speed each round. Creatures held in the mouth get no saving throw against Firestorm’s breath weapon.
    Firestorm can fling a creature he has snatched. It goes 1d6x10’ and takes 1d6 per 10’ it goes. If a creature is dropped while falling it takes falling damage appropriate to the height.
    If Firestorm begins his turn with a creature in his mouth he may use a grapple action to swallow it. The swallowed creature is considered grappled while Firestorm is not. The swallowed creature can attempt to get out by making a grapple check against the one that put it in the stomach in the first place, in which case it is back in the mouth. If that mouth is severed the creature will come out of another randomly selected mouth. While a creature is in the stomach it takes 2d8 bludgeoning damage and 4d8 fire damage each round. The stomach can hold two Huge creatures. Four smaller creatures are equivalent to one creature of a bigger size.
    Another way for the swallowed creature to escape is to cut its way out. It must deal 50 damage to the stomach wall (AC 37) with a one-handed piercing or slashing weapon to get free. Elemental or force damage is also effective. This damage does not go to Firestorm’s hitpoints because they are concentrated in his heads. Muscular action closes the hole made by the escaped creature, so another swallowed creature must cut it’s own way out.
    Spells: Spells Known – 0acid splash, arcane mark, dancing lights, daze, detect magic, mage hand, message, read magic, touch of fatigue. 1alarm, endure elements, identify, magic missile, shield. 2darkness, earthen grasp, scintillating scales, see invisibility, shatter. 3lightning bolt, sign of sealing, slow, suggestion. 4animate dead, breath weapon substitution, dispelling breath, scrying. 5dismissal, feeblemind, telekinesis, wall of force. 6antimagic field, transfix, true seeing. 7control weather, energy immunity, plane shift. 8blackfire, flensing, polymorph any object. 9dominate monster, transmute rock to lava.
    Spells per day and saving throws – 0-6-21, 1-9-22, 2-9-23, 3-18-24, 4-8-25, 5-8-26, 6-8-27, 7-8-28, 8-7-29, 9-5-30.
    Spell Absorption (Su): Whenever a spell fails to penetrate Firestorm’s spell resistance he gets one of the following benefits chosen at the time the spell resolves. Might: +4 strength for one minute. Agility: +4 Dexterity for one minute. Endurance: +4 Constitution for one minute. Life: Temporary Hitpoints equal to 5xSpell level for one minute. Speed: Bonus speed equal to 5xSpell level for one minute. Resistance: 10 Resistance to Sonic for one minute.
    Spell-Like Abilities: 12/day – locate object. 3/day – darkness, poison, suggestion, unholy aura. 1/day – blasphemy, contagion, destruction, desecrate, discern location, find the path, horrid wilting, unhallow, unholy blight.
    Smite Good (Su): Once per day Firestorm can normal melee attack that deals an extra 20 damage against any good foe.
    Tail Sweep (Ex): Firestorm may use a standard action to sweep his tail in a 40’ semicircle behind him. Creatures in the area medium size or smaller are affected. Affected creatures take 2d8+31 damage and must make a reflex save (DC 91) for half damage. Those who fail the save are also knocked prone.
    Wingstorm (Ex): As a full-round action Firestorm can hover in place, beating his wings, to create a tornado strength wind emanating from him. All creatures within 120’ must make saving throws as shown on page 95 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide. This wind may be continued each turn, if it is not the checked effect is fairly worthless.

Hoard

Apocalypse Armor: +5 Fire Warding Half-Plate, Chaotic Evil, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 18, Ego 26, Deathwatch Constant, +14 Intimidate, song of discord at will, telepathic, Purpose kill all. – 1,238,550 GP
    +7 Returning Unholy Power Shortbow – 5,120,330 GP
    Potions: Rage, Tongues, Waterbreathing x3. Good Hope, Protection From Arrows, Fly x2 – 6,600 GP
    All 14 of Sheral’s Paintings, Each Worth 1,500 GP, Descriptions: Keep, Creepy Forest, Broken Mirror, Knights, Elf, Village, Sunset River, Ship, Dragon, Orcs On Fire, Shoes Under Table, Demon, Knight, and Druid and Bear. – 21,000 GP
    Rings: Wizardry III, Animal Friendship, Evasion, X-ray vision – 130,000 GP
    Rods: Withering, Lordly Might, Splendor – 120,000 GP
    Wands: Invisibility (32), Wall of Ice (46), Holy Smite (27) – 35,160 GP
    Staff of Frost (34), Robe of Eyes, Amulet of Fists +4, Bags Of Holding Type 4 x2, Major Displacement Cloak, Iron Band of Billaro, Bronze Griffon – 379,250 GP
    20,000 GP Diamonds x4, 30 lb Pearl Dust, 40 GP Gems of All Kinds x247, Helm of Thadeus worth 30,000 GP, 8,180 PP, 37,019 GP, 655,484 SP, 2,982,034 CP – 346,067.74
    Total Worth – 7,247,757.74 GP

Spoiler
    Show
    Multiheaded Lernaean Cryo Fiendish Feral Insectile Half-Dragon Phrenic Winged Spellwarped Goblin of Legend
    Small Aberration (Augmented Extraplanar Fire Cold Psionic Goblinoid)

Hit Dice: 3d12+30 (49 hp)
    Initiative: +12
    Speed: 40 ft., climb 40 ft., fly 60 ft. (perfect)
    Armor Class: 41 (+1 size, +8 Dex, +20 natural, +2 leather armor), touch 19, flat-footed 33
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+10
    Attack: Morningstar +15 melee (1d6+18) or Bite +15 melee (1d4+12) or javelin +11 ranged (1d4+12)
    Full Attack: 2 Morningstars +15 melee (1d6+12), Bite +15 melee (1d4+12), Claw +15 melee (1d6+6) or 3 Bites +15 melee (1d4+12), 2 Claws +15 melee (1d6+6) or 2 Javelins +11 ranged (1d4+12)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Superior Multiweapon Fighting, Spells, Improved Grab, Smite Good
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 90 ft., SR 14, Spell Absorption, Low-light Vision, Immunity to sleep, paralysis, cold, and fire, Tremorsense 60 ft., Cannot be flanked, Psi-Like Abilities, Naturally Psionic, Haste, Reflective Hide, Fast Healing 2
    Saves: Fort +16, Ref +12, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 35, Dex 27, Con 30, Int 16, Wis 21, Cha 18
    Skills: Escape Artist +14, Hide +18, Jump +18, Litsen +17, Move Silently +14, Ride +14, Search +5, Spot +21, Tumble +14
    Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Multiattack
    Environment: Any evil-aligned plane.
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Treasure: 50% coins, standard goods and items, no scrolls.
    Alignment: Always chaotic evil
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +21

Spell Absorption (Su): Whenever a spell fails to penetrate the Goblin’s spell resistance the Goblin gets one of the following benefits.
    (Might: +4 strength for 1 minute.
    Agility: +4 dexterity for 1 minute.
    Endurance: +4 constitution for 1 minute.
    Life: Temporary hitpoints equal to 5 x the spell level that failed.
    Speed: Base speed increases equal to 5 x the spell level that failed.
    Resistance: Resistance 10 to one energy type.)
    Breath Weapon (Su): 60 ft. line of fire. 6d8 fire damage. Reflex save DC 21 for half.
    20 ft. long 10 ft. wide line of cold. 3d6 cold damage. Reflex save DC 21 for half.
    Psi-Like Abilities¬ (Sp): 3/day force screen +4 to AC for 1 minute, empty mind +2 Will save for 1 round takes one immediate action, mind thrust 1d10 to on person within 30 ft. with Will save DC 16 for no damage.
    Haste (Su): Always act as if under a haste effect.
    Reflective Hide (Su): Always act as if under a spell turning effect.
    Smite Good (Su): 1/day +3 damage against a good foe.
    Spells: 0-15-detect magic, light, read magic, create water, mending 1-16-enlarge person, shield of faith, divine favor, protection from good, obscuring mist 2-17-gentle repose, silence, shatter 3-18-bestow curse, wind wall
    Last edited by Anxe; 2008-08-31 at 11:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

It's immune to anything targeted - and all the things on the list that can hurt it? They all have to be targeted. Such a hellwasp swarm is completely unkillable provided it doesn't make use of it's Inhabit ability.
    Which, of course, makes me wonder if anyone out there has already made a method of killing it. (outside of the obvious).

Calling something invincible always makes me wonder about the "except to..."
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

23. - Top - End - #23

As the original creator of the Ikea Tarrasque, I can proudly say that it is impossible to kill, when made correctly. It can be defeated or avoided, but not killed.

The reason for this is that when it sustains enough damage, one of it's heads falls off. You must then (normally) deal 5 points of Fire or Acid Damage to the stump to stop the head re-growing, and it regaining the lost hitpoints. However, it is immune to acid thanks to the half-clay golem template, and when the template combination is applied to a creature that is immune to fire, then you can't actually kill it.
    You sir, are my hero.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

That's horrible.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rei_Jin View Post
    As the original creator of the Ikea Tarrasque, I can proudly say that it is impossible to kill, when made correctly. It can be defeated or avoided, but not killed.

The reason for this is that when it sustains enough damage, one of it's heads falls off. You must then (normally) deal 5 points of Fire or Acid Damage to the stump to stop the head re-growing, and it regaining the lost hitpoints. However, it is immune to acid thanks to the half-clay golem template, and when the template combination is applied to a creature that is immune to fire, then you can't actually kill it.
    Anti-Osnium. Followed by Wish. Or a 1d2 Crusader.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Could flame strike get through that?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't Hellfire do the job nicely?
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    Could flame strike get through that?

Flamestrike is a spell.
    Clay golem makes them acidproof, swarm makes them target ability and attack proof, half - Golem makes them spell immune, Wish is a spell. Anti-Osmium might straight up kill it though.

On topic, i really like the gelatinous template.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2008-09-01 at 12:14 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. You're right flame strike does have a Spell Resistance check. My bad. Is there a metamagic which removes spell resistance checks?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

There's a metamagic feat that makes fire spells deal half-damage to things that are fire immune despite the immunity. Searing Spell, I think it was.