New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Tell us about your character

I've found when I read threads on here about other posters' characters that I find bits and pieces I want to scavange for my own. So I thought this might be a fun thread. Who are you playing right now?

I'll start the ball rolling, as I have two characters.

I play in a 3.5 game as a CN Beguiler. He's kind of a self-centered hedonist, but not without reason. He's spent most of his adult life running from undead assassins, so he tends to live most days like he's going to be caught by them at any given time. Eventually, this guy is going to deal with his demons (literally AND figuratively) and learn how to care about others. And if that sounds like a god-awful cliche, well, this is only my third character ever. You should get to play a cliche at least once.

I also play a 4e game, which isn't quite as serious. I'm a Bahamut worshiping human cleric who rescued some orc mook from a bunch of kobolds and now he worships the ground I walk on . . . that's about all there is to that character. Like I said, not a terribly serious game. I'll probably try to push the "retribution" angle to his character if we get to do much RP.

So what is everyone else playing right now?
    Halbert's Cubicle - Wherein I write about gaming and . . . you know . . . stuff.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Tell us about your character

noone right now. its going to be my first time dming the next time my group meets!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

For the 4e game I'm participating in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Tall and lithe, Sslithrakkuel (hereafter Rak) is otherwise of average appearance for his race. He bears a few minor scars, remnants of various conflicts during his military career, but none are especially prominant. Another indication of his military service, along his biceps and on his chest are several coded Githyanki glyphs - equivalent to name, rank, and serial number.

Rak has the yellowish skin tone and red-orange hair typical of his kind. He wears his hair close-cropped to his scalp. He has gray-black eyes.

Background: Rak started his adventuring carreer as a happy member of his cadre, an elite team of 'troubleshooters' charged with laying waste to those who stood before the obvious superiority of the githyanki colonization forces. Ever curious about powerful magic acquired from sources other than his pact with forces beyond the night sky, Rak dabbled in wizardry and took every opportunity upon a successful mission to raid libraries and other storehouses of knowledge.

However, while studying the various histories, and delving into knowledge of the arcane, Rak came to a horrible revelation - the Lich Queen of the githyanki, Vlaakith, may actually be an alhoon (mind flayer lich)! It made perfect sense that a mind flayer would try to re-establish mastery over the githyanki, and who better to do so secretly than an exiled, ageless, master-magician of their kind? Hating its own kind for banishing it and feeling no desire to rejoin with the collective, an alhoon would not hesitate in maintaining and enforcing the long-standing githyanki doctrine of destruction for all mind flayers.

Understanding that none of his cadre would ever believe him, Rak has fled the Astral Sea for fear of being killed outright or, worse, brought before the Lich Queen herself in order to be punished for treason. In Rak's mind, it would be a most horrible waste of his wonderful brain to end up as a snack for such a hateful creature!

Seeking to overthrow the tyrant, Rak will stop at almost nothing to obtain the power he'll need in order to one-day free his race from the Lich Queen's tyranny. However, he has yet to devise a workable plan for his eventual triumphant return to the Astral Sea, the destruction of Vlaakith, and the liberation of the githyanki from their thousand-year enslavement to an enemy. Perhaps if he can find helpful, but expendable, minions among the lesser races...

After stowing away aboard a githyanki Astral skiff, Rak has traded away most of his worldly possessions in order to buy safe and secret passage to the Middle World, including a number of rare texts. Though it pained him to part with his prized collection, he knew it to be a small suffering compared to that his fellows would inflict upon him were he to be discovered.

Personality: Rak has a fascination for knowledge, particularly the arcane arts and for history, and he likes to collect books. When not on active duty, Rak can usually be found either in his lodging reading or poking about antique shops looking for rare, forgotten books of knowledge. As a result, Rak is quickly learning much of the local lore - along with all its subtleties and intrigues.

Though as racist as other members of his race, Rak is not xenophobic and he looks forward to meeting superb members of other races that have managed to overcome the innate inferiority of their kind. He loathes illithids as much as any gith, though. Though he sees them as backwards and misguided, Rak would like to see a reunion of the githyanki and their cousins the githzerei, but knows that Vlaakith will have to be dealt with first.

For the Cthulhu PbP over at Myth-Weavers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: Jacob Green is a somewhat lanky, 6-ft. tall man in his mid-twenties. He is clean-shaven with blue eyes and dark auburn hair. He typically wears Hawaiian shirts and jean shorts, whether on or off the job. He also tends to wear leather, steel-toed work boots - partially for comfort and 'ankle support,' partially to protect his feet from the 'occupational hazards' of working directly with traumatized and troubled teenagers who sometimes need to be physically restrained to keep from hurting themselves or others.

Background: Jacob grew up in a fairly typical small town in the rural Midwestern United States. In high school he had a fondness for the arts, particularly sculpture and pottery, but his true love was sociology. After high school, he went to college and earned a B.A. in general sociology and continued to obtain a Masters in Social Work. Although it's not his first choice of jobs, he is currently employed at a residential treatment center, classified as a PMIC facility, for traumatized teenagers.
    Although unmarried and not the most attractive of men, Jacob has been involved in an on-and-off fling with one of the other counselors at the facility, Heather. The relationship hasn't, so-far, developed into anything serious.
    Finding himself in a bit of a lull in his case work, Jacob has decided to put in for some much-needed extended vacation time from work to visit an old college buddy in Springmount. He figures it's a great time to get out and see some sights down south before the summer's work load picks up.

Personality: Jacob comes across as a friendly, down-to-earth, work-oriented young man with a caring soul. Jacob has a fondness for statistics, particulary census figures, but is unwilling to relocate in order to work for agencies like the Census Bureau, so he remains in Indiana and subscribes to various sociological journals and frequently checks census websites. He enjoys taking surveys and has signed up for a number of them to be delivered to his home via mail or arrive in his e-mail. He also loves making and viewing artwork and has a potter's wheel in the duplex he's currently renting. At work, he plays things by-the-book, being very concerned about quality and efficacy of care for the resident population. Concerned that his relationship with his co-worker may affect his interactions with the teens in his care, Jacob tries to keep a different work schedule than Heather, though this has caused a bit of strain on their relationship.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-09-01 at 10:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

I'm currently playing in a D&D 3.5 game, where the party needed a healer.

Enter Chaka Khan. (Yes, the game doesn't take itself too seriously)

He's a Wood Elf Spirit Shaman, who has a badger spirit guide that he talks to constantly. Of course, no-one else can see it as it exists only as a figment of his imagination, and the rest of the party has decided that he's completely insane.

Which, of course, he is. For goodness sake, the class features all focus around the fact that he has a spirit guide that doesn't exist that grants him spells and other mystical powers.

Add to that the fact that I took the Spirit Sense feat from Heroes of Horror, so not only do I talk to a badger that no-one else can see, but I also talk to dead people that no-one else can see or hear.

It does have the upside that we no longer need to capture prisoners alive to interogate them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

5. - Top - End - #5

PirateGuy

I play a 4e Sword/Board Fighter. Started out as in enforcer for a low-evil crime syndicate, then a new guy took over with more brutal tactics (collateral damage, torture over a clean hit, etc) so he got out, planning to make enough adventuring to try and buy the guy into stepping down. Since then he's started training with a pit fighter to learn to spot traps/ambushes better and also picking up some tricks to throw an enemy off balance for a few seconds (fluff for a multiclass of Ranger).
    Now with half the calories!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Currently, I have two active and one inactive character.

My first (and biggest) active character is a Dwarven Paladin. He, at first glance, is a stereotypical dwarf: gruff, unfriendly, and distrustful of non-dwarves. However, he is the survivor of a genocide targeting his kingdom, of which he was the crown prince. He's full of regret, and thinks that he (a half-duergar), being a bastard child of two enemies, was the cause of his people's extinction, as his birth eventually lead to the human war-machine knocking at his people's front door. A martyr at heart, he would readily die for the cause he believes in: defeating the human tyrant that slaughtered his people.

My second character is not as deep, but about twice as amusing. An elven ranger, he's a veteran of a devastating war between elves and undead, which lead to a stalemate that overall caused more hurt for the good guys. He was sent to find a new homeland for his people, and ran into his party. His party consists of a Halfling rogue womanizer, a kobold swordsage with an inferiority complex, if you get my meaning, and an array of NPC stereotypes and counter-stereotypes. Being the straight man, he is generally emotionally abused on every level, to the point where he has become a hateful shell who's favorite weapon is a brick he beats his opponents with until he can no longer hear their cries for mercy. No longer caring about his alignment (it was chaotic good at some point), he will kill whoever threatens him in disturbing ways, ranging from the aforementioned brick, to throwing a knife down a prison corridor at an unarmed opponent (not a monk!), to tipping over a giant gumdrop (comedy campaign) on a...I believe this one was a monk, watching him slowly suffocate through the translucent confection. Despite his aptitude, he is picked on like the skinny kid on a schoolyard and hates everyone around him to the point of wishing an Eternal Torture spell on them. He can't remember the last time he was happy.

My inactive character doesn't have much development yet. She (an Eladrin Wizard) is based on Catherine from CSI and is a generally cold (in attitude and spells) caster with the most common superpower. Her backstory consists of a murder mystery within her family that was never solved, and her inclination to find who had killed her sister (who disappeared and had to be considered dead after two weeks). Note that these are the same mystery, I just worded it badly because I'm tired. She has gone through a humorous one-shot and is preparing for a long term campaign with the same party.
    Last edited by Staven; 2008-09-01 at 11:07 PM.
    "Who's carrying the idiot ball this week?"
    -Hank Azaria

Thanks to Ninja Chocobo for Avatar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I just finished rolling up a character for a PBP game that I feel might be worth talking about. "Gor" Gravoniak is, as far as anyone can tell, a farmer. His real name is Fineous, which he keeps as a closely guarded secret (so don't tell anyone!) He has a pretty dark haired wife named Robin and two sons, Icha and Mors. He farms his land and leads a quiet life out in the countryside. That is, until he gets the call.

You see, Gor is actually a faithful servant of Wee Jas. A pious, shining example of law who, upon request, arms himself to the teeth and travels far away to make sure that the law (at least, the laws that the Jasite Temple need in order to further their own goals) stands firm.

He's a little bit like Roy Greenhilt, with a wizard for a father and a big gruff strongman heritage beyond that. However, unlike Roy, Gor's father dumped him at a temple the minute he decided his son had no meaningful potential for following in his magical footsteps. So, he ditched him at a temple devoted to a Goddess of magic and left. No heartfelt reunion, no reunited. Gone, never seen again, and Gor doesn't seem to care. The Temple is his family now. He was taken in and studied to become a Jasite priest. However, as he grew, he started to develop the physical traits of his forbears. That is to say, he got tall, broad-shouldered, and strong. So, the elders at his church decided to see if they could teach him to be more than another fawning servant lighting candles and leading prayers, and sent him out to a remote monastery deep in the mountains There he learned the ways of 'blade magic,' a powerful accumulation of lost fighting styles known only to a select few. He developed an unusual talent for blending the ways of the sword and the magics of the cleric, and as such was given the supremely honorable induction into the elite servants of Wee Jas: The Ruby Knights.

So, he spent some time going on adventures. The Ruby Knights serve as a quiet method of insurance the church uses to protect its interests, and Gor traveled all over the world doing just that-- protecting the church's interests. If the temple elders felt the king of X's brother would make a better king, Gor went to X. If a cult of necromancers were practicing in a manner that was making the church look bad, or causing the elders trouble, Gor paid them a visit too. And while his actions may not've always been as noble as he himself would like to believe, his heart always told him that at the end of the day, he stood for justice, order, and the unshakable pillar of law which all of society is built upon.

Crunch: LN Cleric of Wee Jas(Law, Domination) 5/Swordsage 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7 (ECL 13)

Interesting Qualities: A Master of Weapons and Magic, Gor often mixes his fighting style up with a combination of powerful maneuvers and unarmed strikes (such as kicks or headbutts) charged with powerful touch spells.

Traits (not mechanical, descriptions): Humble, plain (lacking a flair for exciting or showy fighting), and very pious. Implacably lawful, to the point of near naivety. Not superbly intelligent, but very wise. Often very polite (especially to women, elderly, etc) and slow to anger, but relentless and merciless to law-breakers/criminals/dishonorable types.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-01 at 11:15 PM.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

A lawful evil Kobold Warlock, who grew up in Skullport after having the rest of his tribe eaten by a Shadow Dragon.

Has since become a hero of Tethyr, by helping root out and destroy a demonic infiltration of the Church of Illmater, founded his own mine which is now trading with Thay, and more recently, managed to get himself stuck in Undermountain and made a Faustian Pact with some devils.

9. - Top - End - #9

Oh, I wish I had a character or two I could talk about. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one in my group with the inclination/ability to DM, ever. U_U

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have NPCs, but I doubt you're interested in them. Perhaps I can tell you about my players' characters instead...

Jamben Milner
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jamben's a human Dread Necromancer in his twenties. He ran away from home as a teen, due to a falling-out he had with his father involving the death of his mother. Jamben joined a secret school of necromancy, where it was revealed that he had a natural talent for it. After a few years there, he graduated and left to seek out power for himself.

Jamben's a fairly pale, gaunt fellow; he looks like he's missed a few meals. He has short white hair and dresses in grey robes. He's got an overall strong personality and makes plans for the long-term.

Jaren
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jaren is an elven Cleric of Nerull. Being buried alive seems to have affected his sanity, leading him to believe that he hears the voice of his deity. As a result, Jaren is obsessed with developing a closer connection with the Reaper. He makes sure to pray to Nerull with every life he takes, and has a disturbing knowledge of funeral rites.

Jaren has black hair and red eyes. He wears rust-red plate armor and wields a scythe.

Triel Lhalabar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Triel is a drow Rogue. While most female drow are domineering and cruel, Triel is actually somewhat submissive and masochistic. Jamben met Triel during one of his adventures, and Triel was instantly attracted to his dominant spirit. Abandoning the Underdark, she decided to join the necromancer in his travels.

Triel is very short, with black skin, red eyes, and white hair. She wears simple white dresses and is skilled with both the bow and the rapier.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Heh, I have had so many characters that there is just no way to go into them all. However, one of my favorites was actually one of my players chars. He was a 1st ed wizard by the name of Mycroft. He was made with the old 3d6 for each stat, and keep the stats in the order you rolled them. So he was crap in most stats, (i.e. 8 and less) except he had a 17 int and an 18 chr. And this was just after we started using unearthed arcana, so we decided to adopt comliness, and rolled an 18 for that too. After adding modifiers from him being an elf and the 18 chr, he had a comliness of something like 22 or 23. It was hideously high.

I believe his other stats were something like 6str, 7dex, 7 con, and 8 wis he was a freak of nature. Crap in every respect, except gorgeous and intelligent. He used to just make stuff up on the spur of the moment and make people believe him.

My favorite story was when he started telling people he was 'Air Marshall Mycroft of the Svirfnebli aerial assault force'

After he found his first magic wand he used to walk up to women and say things like 'Hey baby, I'm air marshall Mycroft. Would you like to touch my wand?'

Later his wand broke to much innuendo laced hilarity in the party. Then he got his first +1 staff. Then he would tell women about his magic staff with a knob on the end, and that they shouldn't be afraid at how big it was, because he could use it very well.

Man, I loved that character. He would have died if you sneezed on him he was so weak, but he was one of the most memorable characters to ever be in one of my games.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost. . . in time. . . like. . . tears, in the rain.
    Time. To die.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Piedmon_Sama View Post
    Oh, I wish I had a character or two I could talk about. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one in my group with the inclination/ability to DM, ever. U_U
    Oh man I hear that. I do have a few characters sitting around though from other games, whether they will be continuing or not is another thing entirely.

Mjolnir, a concept I'd had for awhile that I was finally able to find a place for in a fairly heavily houseruled version of the Returners Final Fantasy system. He's a heavily armored giant sword wielding Sword Master who will fight with his fists unless he encounters a worthy opponent (the GM has me use the Monk claw stats of equivalent level to the sword I am currently carrying for my unarmed damage).

He's brash and adventurous, but not one for strategy beyond "charge forth and slay yon evil!"

Character inspiration for him was initially Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as far as his general upbeat personality, propensity for inspiring speeches, and general burning spirit. Though he was conceived before I really got into the series, he has a definite inspiration from Sanger Zonvolt from Super Robot Wars in his fighting style and abilities. The campaign, should it continue (there may be issues with timing and players) has a timeskip that will happen later in the storyline, and he'll return as one of three classes depending on where his character goes - a Paladin if he is nudged in the direction of goodness and further honor, a Rune Knight if he stays about the same, and a Dark Knight if he has some kind of fall from grace.

The other character is one for a playtest of the Shounen system my roommate and I are creating (linked in my signature). Saburo Tanaka (his given name means 3rd son and is quite applicable to his situation) is a salaryman living in Tokyo. The setting dictates that a few years ago a bunch of people spontaneously gained powers far beyond that of any ordinary human. Saburo was one of them, and ever since he has been on fire. Quite literally.

Saburo's power manifests as flame, and he can do a number of things with it. But mainly, anything near him that he isn't directly touching tends to catch fire (reading the newspaper is a major pain, much less any kind of book. And don't even get him started on sleeping arrangements). Saburo has been pointedly avoiding acknowledging the fact that he has any kind of power for quite some time, maintaining instead that he has a medical condition that gives him abnormally high body temperature.

While a diligent worker, Saburo's "condition" makes working around him a trial (important paperwork has a tendency to often be accidentally incinerated) and his co-workers are generally awkward around him at best, but downright insulting and backbiting at worst. As such, Saburo has developed huge anger issues, and the more his rage grows, the stronger his flame becomes. In combat, Saburo has a generally controlled air about him, a sort of "cold rage", but if riled he can explode into violent anger that can be dangerous to both friend and foe.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

biggrin Re: Tell us about your character

Human Favored Soul (NG) - Ingrid Lindström

Only character I'm playing at the moment and the only character I've ever played with a negative penalty (-1) to all spell saving throws. Interesting.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-02 at 06:56 PM.
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

The only character I care enough about is Kredine. (Krey-din)
    He's my CE Kobold Psion/Wizard/Cerebremancer with a tendacy to set things alight.
    His Psion discipline is Keneticist(sp?) and Wizard specialisization is Evocation, with Abjuration and Enchanment banned.
    Adventuring with a half orc fighter and changeling druid.

Kredine seeks divinty. Attempting to become the first Kobold god of Psionics and Chickens. He blasts fire in anythings face, even when blinded as proven by the white plume mountain.
    In last game, had the druid awaken a chicken, and tell it to be my cohort =].
    Also raised two Chimera's as skeletons.
    So if you see a kobold riding a Chimera with a chicken on his head. It's Kredine =].

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

I am a vile, pernicious person whose reprehensible nature makes the infamous Edward Hyde seem a very paragon of virtuous, gentlemanly behaviour. Dogs growl at me and small children run weeping from my aura of manifest evil. I also return library books late and tear the tags off mattresses.

Oh wait, D&D character. None atm, I'm DMing.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm playing two characters at the moment, both level 1.

The first, in a 4e game, is Aelenrian, an eladrin wizard. The main traits she's displayed so far are politeness to npcs, extreme knowledgeability, particularly in regards to star gods and maybe the tiniest hint of maternal feeling towards her all-male comrades. She's also not adverse to moving in with her longsword if an opportunity presents itself.

The second is Lady Ydresse of Mournvale, a human duskblade. The game she's in has only just started, so all she's been able to show so far has been a tendancy to speak vaguely formally, a preference for military wear and ability with both evocation and necromancy, although she'll likely be mixing things up in melee with her glaive soon.

Man, I love TVTropes.
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2008-09-02 at 05:16 AM.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, at the moment I'm playing (IRL): tecnically nobody. There's one campaign which is on an extended hiatus, due to my absence. I'm back, but it hasn't started up yet. I was playing a CG Chitine Paladin of Freedom. I worshiped Pelor, yet the sun burns my eyes. He is an extensive alcaholic, and quad-weilds whip-daggers (15 ft reach? Yes please!) with no luck at all, and was recently put in jail (along with the rest of the party [see below]).

Party: DMPC Manic-depressive Bard (Starsky. There's a story there, my first character managed to accidentally get S-man addicted to an illegal substance [halucanagenic absinthe], ruined his marriage, and conviced him to join the party. I was his only friend in the world, all he had left. The next day, a team-mate murdered me. In front of S-man).
    CG Half-Orc Barbarian (Kerr Smash). Catch-phrase: "Kerr Smash!" Offered our rogue (half-elf) an assassins hand (he thought she might like the ring). They're now engaged (he gave a hand in marriage).
    CN Half-elf rogue.
    LN Human Soldier.
    CE Human Dread Necro. (deceased, replaced by a warforged wizard).

It's not a very serious campaign.

Coming Up: Shylesh Nook, CN Skarn Conjuror. Highly Arrogant, he beleives he was sent to Domeville (name alludes me) to study magic there, because the local professors weren't skilled enough. In reality, the other aristocrats (he's a low level aristocrat [not stat-wise]) thought he was too reckless and headstrong, and sent him away. He doesn't have much respect for gnomes, generalist wizards, specialist wizards in schools apart from conjuration, or spontaneous casters. Magic in Domesville (as I found out today) is an illegal practice for non-drow, so he learned illegaly in a school hidden by illusions ("I can't see why they put up physical barriers as well! What a waste of magic for pictures of sewers!"), and has just graduated. I hope he'll either end up becoming either CG or CE, depending on his companions and surroundings.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

18. - Top - End - #18

If one of my players ever actually takes over the DM chair for a bit, I'll be playing a bitter and cynical wizard with hourglass eyes named Bartleby the Scrivener. (Bonus points if you got either of those references.) Bartleby had a near death experience as a juvenile and is now terrified of dying and obsessed with finding a way to become immortal. And because I have to justify the 4e spell book rules somehow, he has an obnoxiously snobby and vindictive spell book named Scylla. (More bonus points if you got that one.)

Yeah, I steal like a literary kleptomaniac and I'm proud of it. Nothing creative is every truly original.

TS

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Rei_Jin View Post
    I'm currently playing in a D&D 3.5 game, where the party needed a healer.

Enter Chaka Khan. (Yes, the game doesn't take itself too seriously)

He's a Wood Elf Spirit Shaman, who has a badger spirit guide that he talks to constantly. Of course, no-one else can see it as it exists only as a figment of his imagination, and the rest of the party has decided that he's completely insane.

Which, of course, he is. For goodness sake, the class features all focus around the fact that he has a spirit guide that doesn't exist that grants him spells and other mystical powers.

Add to that the fact that I took the Spirit Sense feat from Heroes of Horror, so not only do I talk to a badger that no-one else can see, but I also talk to dead people that no-one else can see or hear.

It does have the upside that we no longer need to capture prisoners alive to interogate them though.
    Haha, Spirit Shaman players unite!

I'm a LN Shaman nobleman who's family rediscovered the discipline to fight the large branch of their family that's undead. Something of a conceited snob
    who's used to telling people what to do (so much so that he's specialized in summoning), despite the fact his family merely owns a vast amount of useless, monster-infested swampland. Things got kind of dicey lately when a shattered god of chaos and evil landed in fragments over the city and wererat cultists started reassembling them on his lands. Cost him a bag of holding but let's just say that god won't be reassembling anytime soon ^_^

20. - Top - End - #20

Does it have to be DnD? Well my character in Warhammer RPG is a Dwarven Trollslayer. (If you don't know much about Warhammer then Trollslayers are Dwarves who are so ashamed of themselves that they feel the only way to regain their honor is to die a glorious death. So they dye their hair orange, put it up in a mohawk, tatoo themselves all over, and hint really powerful monsters. They also drink a lot) He became a Trollslayer through a long story that I will attempt to summerize.

Basically he felt that he was better suited than his brother to lead the Dwarves to victory against some chaos spawned army. So one time when he was sent on a long scouting mission he decided to put beard extensions in(In Warhammer Dwarves tend to follow the advice of the Dwarf with the longest beard. This campaign is only semi-serious so I took some creative liberty with how strictly they do this.) Then he returned and the army started to follow his commands for a while. He did good until he was lured into a trap that got half the army killed. Long story short he was exiled from the Clan (because of the thing about the beard extensions) but officially he left into self-imposed exile over his grief at having caused the death of so many Dwarves. He does actually feel terrible guilt about that.

He also loves a women to have a nice thick beard you can really hang onto when you're..... yeah. He is also the champion drinker of his Clan.

My other favorite is actually my friends. It was a druid. He wasn't a very good druid though. Also his wife died and he was constantly miserable and had less than zero desire for any kind of replacement for his wife. Unfortunately he was unearthly attractive and any women that saw him (and a fair number of men) fell in love with him instantly. This caused much hilarity. Also the great Dragon S**t-hock. Yeah. Natures punishment to him for insulting it was to send that dragon to fly over him and release its bowels. So funny.

21. - Top - End - #21

DruidGuy

My poor poor druid in the Arcanis setting, Markus Longstrider. Firstly, he was a dark-kin meaning he takes penalties to all animal-related skills. Most people also distrust grey-skinned demonic-looking things with red eyes so the inhabitants of the cities didn't much like him.

But our party... oh god, our party did terrible things to that poor man. Their blatant inability to make decisions/use social skills led this Cha 8 druid to lead the party when he realy shouldn't in a normal world. The first time he used Wild Shape was during a fight to escape a cupbaord... whereupon the party's half-hobgoblin fighter thought 'MONSTER!' and grappled him. And won. Then tried to force a mouldy carrot in his mouth. Then there was the greeting important dignitaries with 'Have you heard of garlic bread?'

Markus Longstrider, may your return from retirement on Sunday be more becoming.

22. - Top - End - #22

My old 3e Eberron character: Jamven Chorster

Spoiler
    Show
    A multiclass Wizard (Necro)/Rogue heading for Arcane Trickster. Jamven was the heir to a wealthy Cyran house that was destroyed by Karnathi troops early in the Last War. When Cyre became the Mournland, Jamven lost all connection with his past and dedicated himself to the eradication of the undead.

My current 4e FR character: Pieter Grimm

Spoiler
    Show
    Cleric of Tempus. Pieter was orphaned by the last vestiges of the spell plague but came under the care of Axis, a priest of Tempus, at an early age. Axis fell in battle against orcs defending a caravan Pieter was in, and his body and weapon were never recovered. Pieter entered Tempus' priesthood and rose through the ranks. Just as the Archbishop was about to offer him a prelatecy in Arabel, Pieter felt the call of Tempus and abandoned his position to seek purpose in the wilds outside the city walls. He hopes to one day recover Axis' body and weapon, and perhaps to return to the church heirarchy once he has earned Tempus' blessing.

23. - Top - End - #23

I am currently playing the Shackled City adventure path. Good heavens our group sucks. We are all gestalt. I am a CN Beguiler (eventually mindbender 1) who wants to be super sneaky (feats from LoM help hide from psionics and tremorsense) but will dish out damage when he needs to (other side of gestalt is duskblade). The dragon shaman/something thinks he is all that and has the worst ideas ever when it comes to social situations. The Rogue/bard's player is a wimp and doesnt want to damage her character...ever. So no trap checking...but she is unearthly greedy. And the Sorc/rogue is a first time player who wants to summon critters so she doesnt take the hits.

All in all my beguiler with almost no social skills (besides intimidate and bluff) must lead the party in social situations and act as scout, with very few ranks in search...and none in open lock or disable. He does have incredible senses though, I plan on maxing out spot and listen so that he can notice his enemies and hide before they find him, followed by a good channeled spell.
    Kirby-on-the-Dragoon-avatar by Oregano, thanks bro!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude
    Sheriff of Moddingham: - .... .-. . .- -.. / .-.. --- -.-. -.- . -..
    That's brutal. No mercy from the gunslinger ITP.

24. - Top - End - #24

MindFlayer

Here is the backstory for my Elandrin Warlord. More of a page from his journal than a full story:
    Spoiler
    Show

As I always say, “I meant to do that.” And it’s true.
    Everything that happens to me is a part of my master plan.
    EVERYTHING.
    I’ve studied tactics for decades. I have studied both the masters and the screw-ups, and I’ve learned more from reading about failed plans than successful ones.
    Where everything went wrong, what could have gone differently.
    As a result, I leave nothing to chance. My plans ARE flawless.
    Now if only I knew magic well enough to create magical plans, they would have their own plans to ensure their success.
    Even my losses are a part of my plans.

For instance, my regiment’s “retreat” against the goblin squad in the War of Arctus opened a hole in our defenses, allowing the ogre battalion to pour to our flanks and catch the front lines in a nutcracker formation.
    Or so they thought.
    I had them right where I wanted, because our reserve forces were waiting for them. When the ambush sprang, the ogre battalion fell within moments, raising the morale of our troops on the front lines, which helped them overcome the other goblin brigades on the front lines.

This was the battle where I earned my title, “Mindarthis the Schemer.” I also earned my rank of Warlord from that battle. The General was impressed with my planning, after he saw how well that one had worked, so he brought me under his wing as tactician.
    It was only my blood showing. My ancestors have always been expert tacticians, but I was the first to fight from the front lines. Always they had sat behind the scenes, manipulating their pawns and puppets.
    Not I. I will forge my own destiny from the front, using the skills I have inherited from my ancestors, the Silverburgs. I will be a boon to my allies and a bane to my enemies. Nothing will be able to stop me. Not even fate itself.

Of course, I always have an ace up my sleeve whenever I can help it. Few know of the aid I gave to the Earlking during the war, fewer of the pact which was made because of said aid. None yet know what I gained in that pact. Or what I gave in that pact. They will know, soon enough. If I were a human, they would probably say I’ve lost my humanity. In truth, my compassion is only a part of what I lost.
    I also have a harder time concentrating on the world, now that the wildfey overlays my sight. But, no matter, this, too, is part of my masterplan. I can still use it to my advantage.

For the Glory of the Raven Queen, I shall rule.

-Reflections of Mindarthis Silverberg, the Schemer, Lieutenant-Warlord of the Elandrin.

[/backstory]

And here is the Great Escape, from the second session:

Spoiler
    Show

“We will execute them at dawn,” the general said, “take them to the cells.”
    While sitting in my cell, I knew that Rolan, my compatriot, was in the next cell over. We were both bound hand and foot, as well as gagged. After spending some time trying to escape my bonds, I realized that I was going to need some help. I figured Rolan and I may be able to help each other out, so I used my Fey Step to enter his cell.
    Luckily, he was already out of his bonds and wasted no time untying me. We formulated a plan to escape while I rested. I Stepped back to my cell and arranged my bonds to seem that I was still tied up. The guard came by a while later and checked in on us. He didn’t notice that we had undone our bonds, and when he turned around, I Stepped behind him and grabbed him. Unfortunately, he was able to call out, and I had difficulty subduing him.
    “Surrender!” exclaimed the general, coming into the prison area while I was still grappling with the guard.
    I looked and saw that I was hopelessly outmatched, and gave in.
    The General took a closer look at my ears and swore. “Elandrin.”
    So, they took me to a room large enough that I could not teleport out of it, and tied me to a chair. They also left four men in the room with me, so I didn’t scoot to the walls and escape that way.
    The General came and checked on me periodically throughout the night.
    In the morning I was led to the executioner’s block. “We have Archers covering all avenues of escape,” he told me. But my feet were unbound, which was good news. I could only see one way out, but it required Rolan’s sacrifice.
    He was led to the block first. Locked in the stock, his gag was removed and he was asked if he had any last words. I didn’t pay attention. I needed to concentrate on staying alive. No small feat when your mind has been partly broken by the Earlking.
    The sword came down, and Rolan was finished. I whispered a brief prayer to the Raven Queen, and prepared for my plan. I was led to the stocks. I was locked in.
    Ahead of me was a great mass of militia. Off to one side, the building I had just come from. To the other side, there was open grassland.
    Behind me, however, was a road west. A road meant people.
    My gag was removed.
    “Do you have any last words?” asked the General, stoic as ever. He is trying to usurp the throne, again, and he sees me as the evil one.
    “See ya!” I exclaimed, and Stepped 25 feet behind. And I turned and ran. Several arrows hit me, and I shrugged them off. Non-fatal wounds were not a concern. I knew I could take more punishment if I had to. One more arrow hit me before I was out of range of the archers.
    I ran on, hands still tied behind my back, and I saw a farmhouse in the distance. As I approached, I heard hooves in the distance behind me. The riders caught up to me shortly before I reached the house, but were unable to hit me from their saddles.
    I saw a window and judged that I could make it through, so I jumped.
    I landed in a parlor with several farmers. I looked to the nearest and said, “Please untie me. The fate of the Kingdom is at stake.” True enough. And he did.
    There was a knock on the door, so I ran to the kitchen. Once there, I grabbed the largest knife they had, and went out the rear door, towards the rider who had circled around. I slashed at him, and opened up a nasty gouge in his leg. The rider swung at me and I dodged.
    The dismounted rider came through the door and charged me. I sidestepped and tripped him, then slashed at the mounted rider again. A third rider had appeared, still mounted, and I called on the power the Earlking had traded me, assaulting the mind of the rider I had slashed.
    He grabbed his head, cried out, and fell from his mount.
    I jumped up on the horse and was able to control it enough to run west again. The other mounted rider attempted to follow me, but I was able to outlast him. I kept riding off as the sun set, and several hours after I had last seen the rider, I dismounted and found shelter. I tied the horse to a tree and meditated.
    As I did, a vision came to me of the Raven Queen. I knelt to her, and she enfolded me in her wings, leaned down, and kissed me on the forehead, as a proud parent to a favored child. “I knew I was right,” I whispered. “For your glory.”
    And then I woke. I gave the horse a few hours extra rest, and we continued down the road, at a much more sedate pace, still clutching the kitchen knife.

[/Escape]

And now I'm planning to erase that guy from existance.

EDIT:

Spoiler'd for length.

Edit2:

Also, there is a 100 Gold bounty on my head.
    Last edited by Blackfang108; 2008-09-03 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

25. - Top - End - #25

I'm in a lot of campaigns right now (most are running sort of on and off though...)

3.5 Characters

Spoiler
    Show

Varuvinius Sarusil:
    An elf wizard, Varuvinius has lived for a LONG time. In this time he has come to realize that his purpose in life is to have fun. He delights in pranks that, although generally harmless, can occasionally lead to harm (such as passing notes, written in explosive runes, to the party frenzied berserker).

Haratash:
    Haratash is a hafling outrider from the Talenta plains (in Ebberron). His father was an ambassador to the plains from the House Carnath who met his mother, a hunter of the plains, while on buisness for the house. Their marriage was short lived and after a few short months, they went separate ways. Raised on the Talenta Plains by his mother, Haratash never met his father till he was fully grown. He is now working with the house Carnath, but feels a bit out of place in his traditional hafling hunting mask and riding on a dinosaur. He has trouble finding the balance between the worlds of his father and mother.

Shav:
    A Changeling in the service of the house Carnath (our eberron Campaign has 2 parties), Shav speaks about her history as rarley as she actually manages to hit anything (which is very rarley ). She prefers to overcome problems nonviolently via disguise and trickery, but rarley has the chance (stupid railroading ).

Elroth:
    Elroth the human wizard is a traveling researcher for the Darkspire University. Despite his years of schooling, Elroth is somewhat naieve of the ways of the world and in no way tactful. His way of speaking his mind has gotten him into several scrapes over the years, but he doesn't really mind. Recently he has begun experimenting in the binding of vestinges which has resulted in endless hilarity.

Emerik:
    Emerik the Whisper Gnome Archivist joined his companions when the God of Knowlege, Oghma, teleported him away from his studdies without the slightest warning. Emerik is somewhat confused by this because he's not exactly sure how much faith he puts into the Gods anyway.

4e Character
    Spoiler
    Show

Eric the Red (aka: Eric the Dragon Slayer, aka: Eric the Artful):
    Eric is a hafling rogue who doesn't believe in caution. He's perfectly willing to throw himself at anything that presents itself as a target. That being said, he's not alltogether pugnacious, he just enjoys danger.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a lot of characters but only one I really "care" about. A human sorcerer with only one working arm and dressed kinda like Vivi from FFIX.(See my Avatar) Chaotic good. He's kindhearted and helpful but god help you if you piss him off. In his late teens and depending on the campaign, he may be a stoner.

Started him off in The Crimson Rose, our groups first PBP campaign since school split us up. It was my best experience with actual roleplaying since every other physical game, I would just play the barbarian equivelant of Belkar. He felt pain, fell in love, made friends, made enemies...then had his and everyone else's lives stopped when after a short history lesson from one of the NPCs, the other 3 in the group lost interest.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Ialana:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ialana is a Princess of Andritt, specifically the fifth princess and the seventh child of His High Majesty over Andritt. The people of Andritt have fought since time began, only recently realizing they were probably better off not killing each other, but this constant conflict brought them a scary level of technology (read: renaissance tech not midevil). Ever since they have united their continent under one monarch, and now constantly wage war against the wild elves who live on the interior forests.

Ialana, as most princesses are, was forced to wed someone she'd... rather not be around. Being who she was, she stole a gun from the Royal Guard armory and shot her fiance, killing him. She was given a harsh sentence for her crime, but because of her standing as Princess, she was banished for fifty years to live outside Andritt, amongst the peasants that made up the lower-civilization areas.

When she arrived with nothing more than a few pistols she managed to make herself and her leather suit (which increased her stealthy abilities) she made her fortune doing what she did best: slinking about and taking things. Her noble background (even if from a different nation) made her very diplomatic, and many people found they liked her despite her quite obvious sociopathy.

This sociopathy became obvious when, in the course of attempting to break a companion out of prison, she shot and killed a guard, claiming it was in self defense. Fortunately the divination spell came out a-ok and she was let off the hook with a warning... despite any number of small infractions that later appeared on her record. Shortly afterwards, she had her companion executed by the State in order to have her revenge, and to gain brownie points with the government.

At this point she entered the Gnomish kingdom. In an attempt to rob a local temple, she staged a terrorist attack and framed the Empire, effectively starting a war between the two nations as well as blowing up a tavern and making off with thousands of GP in loot. All in all, she counted it as a "good day." Later, she executed a similar terrorist attack against a wall in a city, nearly starting another war and assuring that the Empire and Gnomish Kingdom would have increased security for generations to come.

Later on her adventures, made more difficult by her vegetarian diet (her culture believes each creature has a 'spirit,' and that eating the corpse of an animal is desecrating the spirit. If a animal fought to defend itself, even to the death, the animal has a warrior spirit and doesn't deserve desecration, and if the animal did NOT fight to the death eating it would make you weaker), she came across a town that was owned by a single organized crime syndicate. Suddenly her mouth watered with the untold riches of owning an entire city, and she (along with her companions) hatched a plan to remove the guild and, unbeknownst to many in the party, put herself on top. Unfortunately, due to an invasion of small rabbit-like creatures, Ialana was required to force her hand. Quickly she made for the headquarters, and to prevent the destruction of the city single handedly executed the leadership of the guild. From the corpse of the grand poo-bah of the once proud syndicate she recieved an amulet that would change her life.

Leaving the city's criminal orginzations in tatters, Ialana moved on, investigating some ruins she felt drawn to by the amulet she carried. During this trek, she discovered that she was the Goblin King, a title inherited by taking of the amulet. The Goblin Queen, an Assassin named Isaac (who had gained entrance to the assassin's guild Ialana had previously desired to be a member of) then attempted to kill her. From there she set off on a long, fruitless quest to murder this Goblin Queen and his allies, the assassin's guild she had once felt a kinship for.

Now the Goblin King wanders the world, unbeknownst to all save the Emperor, splitting her time between managing the affairs of a newly appointed governmental province (a steady source of income as well as amusement) and hunting down and killing any the Emperor asks, or any who bear the mantle of the Assassin's Guild. Her name is a whisper, and she is only known as the Goblin King, and where she goes fear follows for behind every shadow might be a tall, slender, and attractive woman pointing a cannon right at your gizzard...

A few notes: She is most definitely CE, which is something that's confused a great many people because she does tend to plan things out. It's just that, as my DM once said, "Ialana doesn't really shoot first and ask questions later... she just never gets around to asking questions." The system we used was remarkably low HP and AC, so it was difficult to keep this character alive, a feat I only managed by shooting anything remotely threatening. Her class was mainly rogue, and her main duties were lock-picking and general thievery. She comes from a group full of compelling characters (at least in my opinion) and so far has been the most memorable character in the group's history, aside from a companion she had named Meepo. Memories of her exploits still bring smiles to the GM and other players (except the ones she kept killing).

I don't really know how it happened but the way I played the character kept the party in line. It was mostly because my character could do whatever the hell she wanted and the rest of the party couldn't do jack about it, but my character and her guns were what kept the story moving forward from time to time. Never thought I'd see a CE character as the party's moral compass, but a strict desire to not be caught (again) meant her party members had to toe the line. She was known for ingenious escapes, fast talking, and an excellent DPR (24d12 in a system where the average HP at her level was around 15-20).

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, in a 3.5 D&D campaign that is borderline comedy. I have a CN Gnome Bard/Cleric of some homebrew goddess whos name escapes me at the moment.

Backstory
    He was orphaned at an early age by a Gnoll raid on his village. He was saved by a group of adventurers, specifically their female human bard. She raised him as such and he went of into the world. Later he was ordained as a cleric of the goddess of fun and adventure.

Personality
    A "megapervert" in the words of the party's female halfling rogue, whom he cast spells with a range of touch on for any reason(even if he has to make it up). Hits on any female he sees. Loves to party and spend gold on seemingly stupid things. In battle will insult the enemy in his bard songs "Because it makes it more challenging." Despite all this, though, he still cares deeply for his friends and is always there with a smile, a healing spell, and an unsubtle disrespect for women.
    Umbrella Bearer of the MitD Fanclub

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Prince Gathin Brethweldir Vondershazden of the House of the Yellow Sign. Consort to the Lady in Silver and slayer of the gods. (Loosely inspired by Robert W. Chambers' The King in Yellow.)
    CN Elan Psychic Warrior

"Gathin" has a problem. Quite a few of them actually. First, he's ancient even by the standards of the immortal Elan. Second, he's completely mad. He's so old and crazy that he's long since forgotten his name. Gathin Brethweldir Vondershazden was the name engraved upon his prison-tomb. He figured it was a good enough for him, and might actually be his, so once he was freed from his confinement, he adopted it as his personal moniker. He remembers a world completely alien to the present day, a world that doesn't appear in any history book and in all likelihood could be the fabrication of a cracked mind locked in a room with nothing but a psicrystal and a tarnished silver mask for company for possibly hundreds, thousands or if he guesses correctly, hundreds of thousands of years.

The rest behind a spoiler because I hadn't realize how god-awful longwinded I'd become.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He ruled the known world alongside his queen, the Lady of the Silver Mask, He's forgotten her name, or as he puts it, "They took it from me when they sealed me in here." His capital was Carcosa, a city under the glory of twin suns and glittering black stars. He remembers a great war against the gods, serving as his Queen's champion, her terrible powers flowing through him. He faced them time and again, and according to him it the mortal races only learned what nightmares were because of that war. He claims authorship for a legion of atrocities committed in Her name against the gods and their followers.

Chief among the gods that have earned his hatred is Corellon Larethian, whom he claims was once a mortal elf, and alongside of Gruumsh, were his trusted lieutenants. He blames Corellon for the betrayal that lead to the Lady of the Silver Mask's eventual destruction at the hands of the Gods. A betrayal paid in divinity. He bears little ill will against Gruumsh, since as he recalls it, "They tempted him with his heart's desire. The power to get revenge upon the Betrayer, the man who was once his closest friend and ally. I can't gainsay him his little betrayal, by then it was too late to matter. She was dead and the black stars were already beginning to fade away." Again, no one knows how much of his stories are true and how much are delusions. But once a cleric of gruumsh stayed his hand after seeing the twisted yellow rune embossed on Gathin's armor. And once a Cleric of Corellon Larethian fled his presence when his eyes spied the same.

His garments and armor are all a sickly yellow color, and he wears an iron crown set with a single black stone the size of a plum. He calls it the Last Star of Carcosa, and claims that She plucked it from the heavens as her dying act and gave it to him, infusing it with the last of her essence so that some of her powers might live on. (it's also his psicrystal so sometimes the the strange crown simply sports an empty setting.)

He talks about his rage then, a thing that rewrote the face of the earth in its fury, but it was a thing in its death throes. Aside from that tiny spark of power she passed on to him, his reserves were quickly depleted and his enemies overwhelmed him. The gods feared he would lay a curse upon them, sealed by his death. Instead they chose to imprison him for all time, but even divine memories fade and his prison tomb was lost in the passing of ages and even a prison forged from the magic of the gods will eventually be eroded by the steady march of time.

His powers diminished along with the wards that bound him as those uncounted ages crawled past, until one day a group of adventurers broke the seal of the small chamber imprisoning him. At first, they thought he was a golem of some sort, so covered in dust and cobwebs that he looked like a piece of animated statuary. He convinced them otherwise and after aiding them in escaping from the dungeon, he joined them. much to their later horror as more and more of his stories at began to be at least appear to be true. (the DM loved the character's story so much that he up and ran with it on multiple occasions .)
    Last edited by mabriss lethe; 2008-09-03 at 05:38 PM. Reason: god-awful long, added spoiler tag.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

I'm currently playing an Unhallowed Metropolis game as a man named Mickey McFinnegan, an Irishman in a post-apocalyptic world. After being abandoned as a child due to his giganticism and found himself in the care of a mad scientist interested in him only because of his abnormal body structure. He had his right arm amputated for study and afterward robbed the scientist in the night and took with him many galvanic tools and books and even the old man's pistol. Mickey made his way to London where he took up a job as an Undertaker. Undertakers kill zombies, vampires, thropes etc. for money.

He has grafted a modular arm onto his right stub and has attachments like a hand, and a giant drill. He also has a false eye, bionic legs, and in some areas covered patches of skin in molten brass. All of these grafts were specially made by Mickey himself.

Mickey is a relatively selfish man, he cares for little people besides his "little sister", Eve. Despite being a quiet, brawny killing machine he is not without wit. He is thought of one of the most effective undertakers in all of London and his reputation has gained him both allies and enemies.

I'm also playing a narcoleptic insomniac dark whisper gnome named Blank. He causes mayhem amongst those that can't see him (everyone) until he spontaneously falls asleep.

In addition I'm playing a warblade named Kahn. (Pronounced "kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!") He throws his giant mace into battle and then turns into a giant rock to crush people into submission.