New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default 4e Fansite Rules

Hey folks,

It occured to me today that I haven't heard anything about the fansite policy which was supposed to be relased shortly after the GSL in quite a while. So, I googled around a bit and came up short on anything new since August, none of which included actual fan site rules. Am I just missing it or is it still unreleased?

The main reason I asked is because I have been considering running an unofficial contest for 4e materials over in homebrew but I don't want to do so unless I know that it is legally in the clear. Which, in absense of OGL-like language or an official fansite policy seems questionable to me.
    [CENTER]So You Wanna Be A DM? A Potentially Helpful Guide
    Truly wonderful avatar made by Cuthalion

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 4e Fansite Rules

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Bait View Post
    Hey folks,

It occured to me today that I haven't heard anything about the fansite policy which was supposed to be relased shortly after the GSL in quite a while. So, I googled around a bit and came up short on anything new since August, none of which included actual fan site rules. Am I just missing it or is it still unreleased?

The main reason I asked is because I have been considering running an unofficial contest for 4e materials over in homebrew but I don't want to do so unless I know that it is legally in the clear. Which, in absense of OGL-like language or an official fansite policy seems questionable to me.
    As long as you don't post the stuff in the PHB, MM, DMG: there should be/is no issue.

Isn't the GSL in rewriting though? I heard they were changing it (too make it more lax).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Isn't the GSL in rewriting though? I heard they were changing it (too make it more lax).
    I heard the same. Should be interesting.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    As long as you don't post the stuff in the PHB, MM, DMG: there should be/is no issue.

My main concern is actually the formatting and some langauge use. I would feel truly horrible if some thread I started got GitP in trouble with Hasbro.

Yeah. They announced it in August. I'm waiting with baited breath.
    [CENTER]So You Wanna Be A DM? A Potentially Helpful Guide
    Truly wonderful avatar made by Cuthalion

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Bait View Post
    Hey folks,

It occurred to me today that I haven't heard anything about the fansite policy which was supposed to be released shortly after the GSL in quite a while. So, I googled around a bit and came up short on anything new since August, none of which included actual fan site rules. Am I just missing it or is it still unreleased?
    I presume WOTC are waiting until they've got D&DI sorted before releasing an official fansite policy.
    Nothing more egg-on-the-face than having the punters produce online material when the owners of the game can't manage to.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-09-18 at 03:34 AM.