Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Acronym Asylum (Non-Cannon or Canon Thingy)

This non-canon plot/adventure/alternate setting thingy is quite simple. Just take a Batman character and add pieces of your own character's quirks and personality on. Or just adapt your person to fit the setting. Or whatever, I don't really care. Also, the acronym groups don't exist at all in this setting, so here's your chance to stab that ally in the back or hang out with that cool person who's too neutral or good or evil for you to be seen in public with. Just have fun, maybe get an avatar for it or something. Now here's your intro, to get a feel for the setting. Enjoy it, because it's the only one I'm giving you and I don't give refunds *Shakes fist*.

It was yet another dark night in the city of Teutham for the Pale Knight. That didn't seem to bother our vampiric millionaire fanboy who fights crime, though. In fact, it'd probably take a night that wasn't dark to worry our hero.

That's not to say this night wasn't a troubling one. All manners of criminals were always about, doing all sorts of awful things, and this was one hero who certainly wasn't going to sit around and do nothing about it. Down below, some random crook makes the mistake of robbing an old lady while the Pale Knight is watching. The asylum was about to have another guest, one that would hopefully stick around for a while.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, in Acronym Asylum, Maggy Dent was being fitted for his straitjacket. He took the white jacket without any resistance, as both he and the guards knew it was merely a formality, and he could slip out at any time. In fact, the whole building was a formality, just a silly little thing to make the public think they were safe. He was already devising an escape plan, a variation on his third breakout, with greater civilian casualties this time.

Yes, it wouldn't be long before-OWW! Those sedative injections sure do hurt. But that didn't matter, because he'd be away from them and fighting crime, maybe...with the help of a friend or two...in a...day or two...yes...escape...but after a short nap. *Yawn*

((Yes, that's right. No cannons in this plot. Sorry, but if you want them, you'll just have to go to KidKris's plot.))
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-09-20 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Acronym Asylum (Non-Cannon or Canon Thingy)

Harleen Quinzel, called Rabbit affectionately by friends she had long lost in the trek of college, tapped a pen against her shiny new desk in her shiny new office.
    The first day in the Asylum, and she was already feeling shaky.
    Her perfectly manicured nails took to tapping on the varnished wood when the pen ceased to amuse her.
    Soon, she would actually have to speak to the convicts...Damn. Perhaps she should have actually studied in psychiatry school, instead of cheating off the girl next to her.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gentlemen. Vespe nodded to the guards, as he was wheeled past them. They gritted their teeth, and kept their rifles trained on him. Certainly are getting rather paranoid around here, he thought, glancing at the many, many locks they had fitted on to his straightjacket.

Technically, Vespe was his real name. As far as anyone still breathing was concerned, he was the Joker, perpetually clad in his purple suit and badly applied face paint.

Unlike his nemesis, the Pale Knight, the Joker had no secret identity. He never needed one. His fingerprints were burned off with acid. All of his relatives were dead. DNA testing brought back no results. He didn't have a civilian life. He didn't care for money, either. All he cared about was Fanboy, in a strange sort of way.

Their relationship was...complicated. Ostensibly, they were foes. However, neither could bring themselves to kill the other. Fanboy had some code of honor against killing, and if the Joker killed Fanboy, then he wouldn't have anyone to "play" with.

A strange relationship, indeed.

The Joker was Acronym Asylum's most frequent guest, and he had his own special cell, padded, behind ten feet of concrete, with five guards on duty at all times. How he managed to repeatedly escape was one of Teutham's greatest mysteries.

Time for your happy juice, a large orderly said, jamming a needle into his neck.

The Joker just laughed.

They threw him into his small, dark cell, and locked the door. He just sat there, and thought. A grin spread across his face. Now...for my next trick...

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooooh! Fun! But should I be Kid Kris, PaleMan's sidekick? Or Anarkris?
    Choices, choices. I think I'll be Evil for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

The Pale knight sipped his over priced, and not quite so easily obatined AB- from his fine elven crystal disconcertedly, this night was going by easily....

TO easily, and he honestly was begining to expect some group of super villans to jump him any moment...

..... Maybe he was just paranoid, but that paranoia had often apy'd off in the past, and have even saved his life on multiple occasions.

He then began to mull about the streets of gotham contemplating this rather odd situation. Crime was becoming more, and more scarce with people like him becoming more, and more common among the streets of Teutham.

He had already handled a few other villans, and the Joker was behind bars, and straight jacketed for what it was worth.

He was beginning to feel, well BORED with this line of work without the great villans he was really just nailing down all the petty theives, and the occasional drug bust.

It was not much of a life for someone who calls themselves a superhero, and although he was a millionaire the gadgets he had bought weren't exactly cheap even for someone like him, and they didn't exactly have a return policy....
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-09-03 at 04:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

The mook was sitting in the cafeteria. He had a name. It was Inigo. But he was just the mook.He had worked for every villian. But where was he now? In prison. Ah well. At least the coffee was good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

7. - Top - End - #7

Oswald Strange sat in his office. He heard of new faces coming in after Batman had captured them. "I'll give them all some special attention soon." He starts playing with some pieces of lego. "After I make my spaceman! Whewhewhehewheee!"

((HA! Two villains in one!))
    Last edited by Boo; 2008-09-20 at 09:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

The Joker pressed his face up against the window, and looked at the guard posted outside his cell. Hello. What's your name?
    Johnny Sasaki...sir.
    Ah. Good to know.

A few minutes later, the Joker suddenly started hacking and coughing. The guards tried to ignore it at first, but after he threw up, then collapsed (next to it, not in it), they rushed in to check on him.

Bad idea... The first one went down easily, with just a punch to the gut. The second one was slightly harder, the Joker had to snap his neck. He grabbed the third, and shoved him into the fourth, knocking them both out. Johnny had run away.

The Joker knelt down, and picked up an assault rifle. He shot each guard once, just to be sure. Hey! PaleMan! Stop me if you've heard this one! He ran out of his cell, laughing maniacally.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-09-20 at 10:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

The mook hears gunshots, and dives under the table. As the cafeteria erupts in noise he starts to crawl toward the door. Here was his ticket out...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

The gunshots, so foreign to Rabbit, having been raised in the higher end of town and graduated from an Ivy League school had undoubtedly caught her attention. Had she not seen so many movies, she would likely not have recognized the sound.
    Her blue eyes wide, she jumped from her plush chair, heart racing. Nobody would get to her if there was an escape, would they? The guards would keep her safe, wouldn't they?
    Slowly, she cracked the big oak door open and peered out cautiously.
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-09-20 at 10:23 PM.

— Iain S. Thomas

11. - Top - End - #11

The Joker made his way to the cafeteria, where he promptly threw the assault rifle aside. It clattered to the ground in front of Inigo. He opened the door to the kitchen, and returned a few moments later with a single large knife. Much better. Now...let's see, get out, kill some guards, raise the alarm...what am I supposed to do next.... He stood there a moment, pondering his next course of action and playing with the knife.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-09-20 at 10:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

A tall, lanky figure stalked through the hallways of the asylum, occasionally pausing to glance at the heavy doors of the cells. He was on the emptier side of the asylum, so there weren't any real psychotics in any of these cells.

"The fools," he thought to himself, still fuming from an earlier meeting. The doctors and officials had completely ignored his ideas on discipline for the inmates around the asylum. Who cared if his ideas were "inhumane" or "amoral?" Better than the various masked psychotics from escaping and causing havoc.

He slowly slid a small canister out of his pocket. A small little can of liquid, disguised ingeniously as an inhaler. "I've always had bad asthma, ever since I was a child," he had told them. No wonder people were always able to escape. An inmate could probably come in with an assault rifle if they had a good enough excuse. Fools, these guards and doctors.

Out of his coat pocket, he pulled what appeared to be a simple burlap sack. He chuckled to himself. It definitely wasn't just a sack. It was the key to his current plan. He slipped the not-a-sack and not-an-inhaler back into their respective pockets.

Sarthan Krane continued to stalk down the hallway, looking for the nearest guard.

"They'll see. They'll see why there is nothing to fear but fear itself. And I am fear itself."
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The guard walked past each cell, peering inside each one.
    Hmm. And finally, cell block 1. Then my shift is finished and I can go back to me- HEY! He said, peering into the cell. A figure, wearing a straightjacket, sat huddled in the corner. Painted on the wall with something that looked suspiciously like tomato ketchup was a large A.
    You have any idea how long it takes to clean that stuff up?
    Indeed I do not. Maybe you could come inside and show me?
    The guard snorted.
    I'm not that dumb.
    I guess I'll have to come out then.
    The figure holds up a small ball.
    The thing about prison food is, it can be used for so much more than mere paint.
    Kris tosses the ball at the cell doors.
    BOOM!

((Shut up, it makes perfect sense. It's the goddamn Batman-verse!))

14. - Top - End - #14

Ah, right, got to find a hostage, and then start blasting music over the P.A. system. The Joker started searching the administration halls, peeking into each office, looking for any idiot who had actually stayed in their office.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-09-20 at 10:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Umm...Sir! Remember me? I was in charge of unloading the docks.

The mook follows the joker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, jeez. There were people coming. And not good people with guns and heavy sticks coming to protect her, no, they were bad people, with crazies, coming to...do whatever it was crazy people did.
    What did crazy people do again?
    ...she really should have studied in school.

Slowly, Harley-Rabbit inched the door closed, pushing her chair up underneath the knob in hopes that would keep whomever out.

— Iain S. Thomas

17. - Top - End - #17

Nope, don't remember you in the least, but if you've survived this long, I guess you got promoted to Mauve Shirt. The Joker suddenly perked up. I heard a door click. Quick, start opening all the closed doors! He ran up and down the hallway, randomly opening doors, looking for Harley-Rabbit.

18. - Top - End - #18

"Let's see, gun shots, explosions and the alarm." Strange leaned back on his chair. He had finished making his spaceman several minutes ago. "I guess my new subjects will have something to do besides sitting in a cell." He sat up, and put his mouth to a microphone. "Tick tock. I hope you're all having fun." His voice boomed throughout the asylum.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

...that was not good. Nope.
    Harley-Rabbit began to dig through her drawers, not bothering to be quiet about it, for anything sharp and pointy and possibly useful, tossing everything else behind her in a frantic hurry.
    Even she, who had only gotten through school on a gymnastics scholarship, knew enough to feel that bad, bad things were going to happen soon.

— Iain S. Thomas

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

The mook nodded. He was safe. He started trying doors. Open...open...locked.

Boss! I think I found it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:

21. - Top - End - #21

Well done, once we get out of here, you can be the leader of my nameless henchmen. The Joker rushed over to the locked door, and started trying to force it open.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"Nobodies here!" Harley called frantically, pulling out the drawer and upending it, its contents spilling onto the floor.
    Jeez, why didn't she have and weapons here?
    And so she began to search through the next drawer.
    ...If the Joker should break through, she'll threaten him with the first item that comes to hand, which just so happens to be....an eyelash curler.

— Iain S. Thomas

23. - Top - End - #23

Oh. Never mind then, lets-

Oh...I see, you're trying to trick me! Well, I won't be fooled that easily! Henchman person! Break down this door!
    The Joker pointed at the door, partially out of habit, and partially because most mooks would require an explanation as to which door he was referring to.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

The mook smiled. A cushy job. He could afford that body armor he had been meaning to buy...

Thanks boss. Open the door buddy. We ain't got all day.

The mook kicks the door, aiming at the knob where it was normaly weakest. It smashed, and the mook steped aside.

After you boss.
    Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 2008-09-20 at 11:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"S-stop! Don't think I won't hurt y-you!" Harley-Rabbit brandished the eyelash curler at the Mook threateningly, while simultaneously attempting to step back, only to trip over the legs of her chair.

— Iain S. Thomas

26. - Top - End - #26

Wow...a competent mook. You learn something new every day.

The Joker walked into the room, and looked at Harley-Rabbit. He took a bow. Ah, you must be the hostage. I'm the psychotic serial killer. Charmed, I'm sure. Now, could you please come with me?

27. - Top - End - #27

Strange wheeled his chair over to a security board. he looked at one of the screens that showed Ms. Harley. "I wonder..." Strange presses a button and a small gun pops out of a hatch above Harley. It fires a small dart at the next poster who is in the room.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The figure stood up, shrugging off his straight jacket and standing over the dead body of the guard. He picks up the guards done.
    A tool of a totalitarian society, a weapon. But it will serve it's purpose.
    The figure moves towards the main hub of the asylum.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"No, no I'll never..." Harley stopped, and considered.
    What worse could happen.
    "Yeah, sure, why not?"
    And, I assume the dart hits her.
    "Ouch.."

— Iain S. Thomas

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

C'mon miss, we don't have all day.

The mook stares at the dart.

That can't be good.
    Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 2008-09-20 at 11:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes: