New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: third arm

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default third arm

I was just thinking...

What if there was a ring that made you grow a third arm out of your chest, like an azer. I'm thinking you couldn't where armor and would get minus's on some skill checks like balance. But what if you decided to use three weapons? would it take a 2 weapon fighting feat? or 2? or maybe an entirely new feat? And lets say you would need a homebrewed feat, what if you held a bow with two hands and a sword in the other, or a greatsword and a short sword, would you need the feat or would 2 weapon fighting be sufficient?

hmmm...I must be crazy...any thoughts?

P.S. just so you know I'm talking about dnd 3.5 edition
    GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: third arm

I'm not sure, although it is an Attach, not an Azer with the third arm. I'm thinking multi weapon fighting, but can't find the expanded psionics hand book and the thrikeen entry right now. Which would also be the easiest way to get 3 arms, be a thrikeen and loose one.

Also capitalization please.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

There is an item in the Book of Vile Shininess (aka Magic Item Compnedium) That is a third arm you strap around your torso, I can't remember exactly what it does though.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    There is an item in the Book of Vile Shininess (aka Magic Item Compnedium) That is a third arm you strap around your torso, I can't remember exactly what it does though.
    The dutch rudder?
    Halbert's Cubicle - Wherein I write about gaming and . . . you know . . . stuff.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

It would be multi-weapon fighting. Also the item is called Spare Hand, it can be used to hold things, but nothing for actual use.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    The dutch rudder?
    No, the Third Arm Sash.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.