New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default AD&D Character Sheets

To all of the grognards out there who play AD&D (preferably 2nd edition, though 1st edition is acceptable as well): Where can I find some decent character sheets?

My DM has just recruited a bunch of players to replace a lot of players who left due to graduation from college, so we decided now would be a good time to get new character sheets. The character sheets we had before were kind of suboptimal (Ability scores in a non-standard order [standard being Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha]), random entries that were more or less useless, no space for equipment (had to write out equipment on back), and other issues. So, we are looking for some better AD&D character sheets. My googlefu isn't producing very good character sheets, so I was hoping some fellow grognards could help recommend better sheets.

Please, only respond with character sheets that you like. I can use Google to find a random character sheet for AD&D, but I want to find GOOD character sheets.

If you have a custom character sheet that can't be linked to, but is in a file format, please PM me, and I'll send you my e-mail address (I'd rather not post it here, due to spam).

As a side note, it would also be cool if anyone knew of abbreviated NPC character sheets. We have a lot of NPCs in the party (Roughly 10 NPCs, 12 PCs, since each player controls 2 characters), as the only way to survive in our DM's world is to make big adventuring parties. I'm thinking of a character sheet that can hold something like 3-4 NPCs per side, with space only for bare essentials like Stats, gear, experience, nonweapon proficienies, weapon proficiences, ect. We'll probably have to custom-make our own, but its worth a shot asking.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
    Last edited by TMZ_Cinoros; 2008-09-30 at 03:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AD&D Character Sheets

I don't know what's good or bad in AD&D character sheet, but if you check out Mad Irishman they should have several sheets for each game. Just look through them until you find one you like.

AD&D 1st Edition Character Sheets
    AD&D 2nd Edition Character Sheets
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dragonsfoot has some that look good. Check the righthand side of the page.

Personally, I usually just use a sheet of notebook paper.
    A System-Independent Creative Community:
    Strolen's Citadel

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

As far as I'm concerned, Mad Irishman has the best character sheets on the web. They're really, really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin
    Thus, knowing none of us are Sun Tzu or Napoleon or Julius Caesar...
    No, but Swordguy appears to have studied people who are. And took notes.
    "I'd complain about killing catgirls, but they're dead already. You killed them with your 685 quadrillion damage." - Mikeejimbo, in reference to this

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

You can also download some official 2e sheets from WotC, though those are intended for use with Player's Option, here. Tons of free AD&D stuff there, as well.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Coolness. Thanks to everyone for your help! Some of these sheets look pretty good. I'm sure that my DM will like at least one of them.

Now, if only I could find an NPC character sheet. One of my PCs has 4 hirelings, and I'd like something a bit better than notebook paper to keep track of them, and I really don't want a full character sheet for each one.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Dragonsfoot (http://www.dragonsfoot.org/cs/index.shtml) has hireling sheets. Exactly what I had in mind!
    Last edited by TMZ_Cinoros; 2008-09-30 at 04:41 PM.