A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Limbo 4.0: New Slaadi, True Slaad and Slaad Lords (3.5, PEACH)

Well, I'll figure something out. I'll be in transit for the next 27 min or so...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Perhaps the city exists because in a truly chaotic place everything that could exist does.
    Marvel at my IMPRESSIVE (and Expensive) collection of Discworld Books!!!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Rennbuu posted!

Darn CR formula put him above Ygorl. I guess it doesn't factor in the Death Scythe of Crazydoom.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Chourst has been posted!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Alright! The last Slaad Lord has been posted!

I'll sort out the City of Chaos and the remaining slaad fluff tonight. In the meantime, questions, comments, concerns posted here, please!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

There was a 5th level Sor/Wiz spell in Manual of the Planes that was basically a Prismatic Black Hole (it wasn't called that) - I think that would be a very fitting ability for Colorboy, and I may create a higher level version of the spell since it was always a fun one.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

I'll cast a glance over. If I hand out outsourced spells, I'll also give him prismatic eye and the real prismatic ray.

Edit: ...not seeing it. If you find it, let me know!
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2008-10-12 at 02:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Afro, I'm impressed in the span of a little over a week, you've revamped an entire plane, & made it more interesting than half the Great Wheel. Wonderful job. Consider all of this thoroughly yoinked.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks very much, Zeta! And yes, steal away. Now if only there were some way to express my displeasure at another part of the Great Wheel for being not as interesting... such as wrath... and if only there were a way for it to be directed, possibly by a democratic consultation amongst a group of common-interest peers...

If only...

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Thanks very much, Zeta! And yes, steal away. Now if only there were some way to express my displeasure at another part of the Great Wheel for being not as interesting... such as wrath... and if only there were a way for it to be directed, possibly by a democratic consultation amongst a group of common-interest peers...

If only...
    I took the hint & voted for Pandemonium..

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Lol. It was more of a general hint to passing readers. But yes. I'm glad this one turned out so well. Got a lot of comments on it, and some were even relevant to the thread!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Primal again. Just here to bask in the glory of chaos and ask a few questions. There seems to be so much information about the slaad lords and such. You also reference certain books. What, may I ask, are the names of the these books so that I may read them.

Also, I appreciate that idea about the neraphs using chaotic variation, but how would you go about that? There must be a better way that the table you presented for the other slaadi. That just seems like too much of a chance of breaking the game, especially at level 1. Perhaps some modification is in order.

And still looking forward to the Azure slaad (if it hasn't been canclled that is. haven't had a lot of time to read stuff on the interwebs. homework and whatnot.)
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Odd you should mention the azure slaad; I'm working on him right now.

When I do the next fluff post, I'll include instructions on Chaotic Variations for neraphs.

Slaad lords were originally in the original Fiend Folio (way back when.) They were subsequently reprinted (with two additions) in Dragon magazine, issue 221. True slaadi were formally revealed in the fourth adventure in the adventure compendium Tales From the Infinite Staircase, a Planescape product.

Mud slaadi appear in the 3.0 Fiend Folio; white and black slaadi appear in the Epic Level Handbook. Gormeel appear in Dragon magazine, issue 306 and are not even close to base slaadi.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that should do it for slaadi.

15. - Top - End - #165

*applause for jumping Slaad!*. This series of Outsiders is so awesome, I can't wait to see what you cook up for Pandemonium.
    Homebrew Magic Items you might enjoy:
    Coins Tokens of Fortune
    Extra Spicy Peppers
    Also, its time to think about Yeth Hounds in a whole new way

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding Neraphs
    Neraphs are distantly descended from slaadi. As such, they too are slightly prone to chaos. A neraph gets one minor Chaotic Variation at first level. Use the following tables for random neraphs with Chaotic Variation:

Table: Gender (1d4)
    {table=head]Roll|Gender|Gender Code

|
    Male sexual reproductive
    |MSR|
    |
    Female sexual reproductive
    |FSR|
    |
    Male fertilizing budding
    |MFB
    |
    Female recipient budding
    |FRB
    [/table]

Table: Coloration (1d12)
    {table=head]Roll|Color

|
    Brown
    |
    |
    Red
    |
    |
    Blue
    |
    |
    Green
    |
    |
    Purple
    |
    |
    Gray
    |
    |
    Pink
    |
    |
    Orange
    |
    |
    Yellow
    |
    |
    White
    |
    |
    Black
    |
    |
    Azure
    |
    [/table]

Table: Minor Chaotic Variance (d20)
    {table=head]Roll|Result|Property

|
    Muscular
    |+1 Str|
    |
    Flexible
    |+1 Dex|
    |
    Healthy
    |+1 Con|
    |
    Cunning
    |+1 Int|
    |
    Savvy
    |+1 Wis|
    |
    Sociable
    |+1 Cha|
    |
    Jointed Spine
    |Balance +4|
    |
    Sticking Digits
    |Climb +4|
    |
    Oily Skin
    |Escape Artist +4|
    |
    Serum Pores
    |Heal +4|
    |
    Camouflage Markings
    |Hide +4|
    |
    Thick-Veined Face
    |Intimidate +4|
    |
    Elastic Tensors
    |Jump +4|
    |
    Cylindrical Ears
    |Listen +4|
    |
    Silken Soles
    |Move Silently +4|
    |
    Nyctatating Membranes
    |Search +4|
    |
    Extra Eyes
    |Spot +4|
    |
    Tough Skin
    |Natural armor +1 AC bonus|
    |
    Supersensory
    |Initiative +1|
    |
    Hardy
    |+5 hit points|
    [/table]

17. - Top - End - #167

Something crossed my mind earlier. How will you fit in the new colors for the slaadi in terms of the transformations? In what order will they go? Will a... lets say purple slaad be able to become a white slaad? Or does that open up a whole new slaad tree? And what does a purple slaad start out as anyway? Not trying to throw any extra work on ya, just questions.

And I must say this tree for the neraphim seems rather... sparce. One minor chaotic varience at level one? Hm. But then again you can't go giving a neraph cephelomorphovampirewerewolfism, now can you? All in all, I've got to say this is pretty nice.

EDIT: Might as well throw this out there while I'm here. I was looking over Unearthed Arcana earlier today (you know the one with the bloodlines and class varients and such.) I looked at the slaad bloodline, and wondered what a major slaad bloodline would look like, and I thought "Hey what if you through in some chaotic variance?"
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2008-10-14 at 09:25 PM.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury
    Something crossed my mind earlier. How will you fit in the new colors for the slaadi in terms of the transformations? In what order will they go?
    That's coming up shortly.

And I must say this tree for the neraphim seems rather... sparce. One minor chaotic varience at level one?
    Neraphim are nowhere near as chaotic as the slaadi, who are themselves generally bound by Second Anathema. So where Slaadish are made of Chaotic Variance, base slaadi grow slightly in chaos as they grow in power. Neraphim usually exhibit no Chaotic Variances whatsoever - to pick up even the single Minor one is exceptional.

I looked at the slaad bloodline, and wondered what a major slaad bloodline would look like, and I thought "Hey what if you through in some chaotic variance?"
    I'll leave that up to you; I won't be touching a slaad bloodline.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Inhabitants of Limbo

Energons (Manual of the Planes, Planar Handbook)
    The most commonly encountered energons in Limbo are the acidic xac-yij, although the nature of Limbo invites any and all energons. These energy creatures have no society of note, and do not notably interact with other inhabitants.

Chaos Dragons (Draconomicon)
    Chaos dragons inhabit some of the larger stability islands in Turbidis. A few have lairs on Hypervista, and have fathered numerous cthonic beasts that populate those secret, wild lands. Chaos dragons assault githzerai cities and the City of Chaos, but otherwise ignore or socialize little with Limbo's inhabitants.

Chaos Beasts (Monster Manual)
    Chaos beasts are numerous in Limbo, treated by some inhabitants as dangerous animals, by others as prey. Slaadi can ignore them, as they are immune to the chaos beast's corporeal instability attack. They have no society or structure of any kind, and are never found near the Spawning Stone.

Limbo Stalkers (Planar Handbook)
    Limbo stalkers are a common predator in Limbo. Occasionally a pack will form to take down a chaos dragon. Usually, however, they hunt (and are sometimes hunted by) slaadi and the occasional chaos beast. Githzerai are a dietary staple.

Anarchic Creatures (Planar Handbook)
    Anarchic creatures are less common in Limbo than Ysgard, but moreso than in Pandemonium. They occupy many niches, and run the gamut of all types of creatures.

Unravelers (Planar Handbook)
    Unravelers are rare in Limbo; their presence undermines stability and control, and the constant swirl of elements does not affect them. Many slaadi consider them deadly hazards. Inhabitants of stable communities, however, see them as a true threat, for unravelers can disrupt even an anarch's control simply by separating the elements used.

Githzerai (Monster Manual, Expanded Psionics Handbook)
    The githzerai are an anomaly in Limbo - some are highly lawful, others chaotic. What is known is that they have a distinct and functioning society, cloistered in cities and monasteries that float in the polymatter of Limbo. Some slaadi get on well with githzerai, while others see them as chew toys. More often than not, the two races share a cautious openness.

Neraphim (Planar Handbook)
    Neraphim are a long-lost offshoot of the base slaadi, only slightly touched by the chaos of their forebearers. Neraphi as nomads combat Limbo's native fauna and compete with khaasta and slaadi for food and resources. Neraphi anarchs are relatively common, and help maintain stability for neraph caravans. Exiled neraphim seek to leave the plane whenever possible. If a neraph some how gets inducted into slaad "society," he or she or he or she (sic) is treated as being slightly better than a red slaad.

Chaos Imps (Planes of Chaos AD&D product)
    The capricious and mischievous chaos imps are a universal nuisance. They are disliked by all other intelligent Limbo inhabitants, and eaten by unintelligent creatures. A cautious traveler will be wary of attracting the attention of a nest of chaos imps.

Lillends (Monster Manual)
    Lillends occasionally travel to Limbo via the Infinite Staircase. They are naturally immune to Limbo's chaos. Lillends enjoy visiting and performing in anarch-stabilized communities and also adventure across Hypervista. More than one lillend has fled the plane because of the amorous advances of a slaad.

Khaasta (Fiend Folio)
    The nomadic khaasta must use magic to survive in the polymatter chaos of Limbo, but their race boasts an impressive percentage of anarchs. Khaasta trade enclaves are present throughout Limbo. Khaasta hunt chaos beasts and limbo stalkers; they sometimes negotiatiate with other beings for portal usage, and they have been known to get along with the slaadi.

Living Spells (Eberron Campaign Setting, Monster Manual III)
    Encountering living spells is a reasonably common occurence in Limbo. Whether harmless living dancing lights or a dreaded living maze, any spell that a caster has dared attempt on this plane can come alive.

Entropic Reapers (Libris Mortis)
    Entropic reapers travel throughout Limbo and elsewhere on behalf of Ygorl. Created to spread entropy, there is no creature that they do not threaten.

Native Animals (Planes of Chaos AD&D product, unstatted)
    Creatures such as the shelled krackadoon, the web-winged maugway and the horned zhisto are native beasts of Limbo, serving as prey, cattle and pest to the intelligent inhabitants of the plane.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2008-10-16 at 03:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is awesome work, afroakuma. Impressive consolidation of source material, and generally a lot of cool conceptual thought and development. I highly recommend you (and anyone else who likes this sort of thing) pay a visit to Dicefreaks, where projects such as this (adding depth, coherence, and generally cool stuff to the Great Wheel cosmology) are a major focus of the site. ( http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/index.php ) There's already been a ton of work done on Limbo (and Mechanus, and the Lower Planes, and the Upper Planes, and especially Hell, among others), which I suggest you check out, as I'm sure you could add a lot to (and get a lot from) the discussion.

I hope you don't mind the cross-forum publicity, but I linked to this thread from the Dicefreaks Limbo discussion (we're working on consolidating the discussion so it's not so massive) in addition to linking to DF from here.
    Last edited by MythMage; 2008-10-15 at 02:38 PM.
    Everything I wanted to know about the planes I learned at Dicefreaks.

Projects to watch:
    City of Seven Seraphs for PF from Lost Spheres Publishing
    The Faerie Ring: Along the Twisting Way for PF and 5e from Zombie Sky Press
    Psionics Guide for Starfinder from Dreamscarred Press

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, MythMage!

I plan on working more on this and similar projects, so I'll definetely drop by and check out their work.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Hierarchy of the Slaadi

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Spawn
    |
    Birth

Mud Slaad
    |
    Red Slaad
    |
    Mud Slaad
    |
    Mud Slaad

[/table]
    Mud slaadi are the least caste of the slaad, the untouchables, the kick-toys. No other slaadi voluntarily associate with them, and the simple mud slaadi don't particularly mind. A mud slaad that somehow survives 50 years may venture into the depth of Limbo, returning a year later as a red slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Spawn
    |
    Birth

Red Slaad
    |
    Orange Slaad
    |
    Blue Slaad
    |
    Red Slaad

[/table]
    Red slaadi are the lowest of the lesser slaadi, craven brutes whose simple minds are geared towards satiating their base needs. A red slaad who discovers that other red slaadi are vulnerable to being bossed around will quickly find a higher station in life; female reds are particularly prone to this, perhaps explaining why reds have an even lower fidelity ratio than other castes. Reds and blues hate each other with a passion, as blues see reds to be opportunistic thieves and whiners, while reds see blues as vicious bullies. HCP red slaadi can implant eggs into other creatures, resulting in a blue slaad. However, if the victim was an arcane caster, the result is a green slaad. A divine caster becomes a purple slaad, and a psionic-sensitive victim becomes a pink slaad. A red who survives at least 100 years sometimes vanishes into the swirl of Limbo, returning a year later as a much more powerful orange slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Spawn
    |
    Birth

Blue Slaad
    |
    Green Slaad
    |
    Red Slaad
    |
    Blue Slaad

[/table]
    Blue slaadi are big, hulking brutes, and they know it. Happy to take what they need and kill what they don't, blues are stupid and savage. That said, they are easily distracted, can be persuaded without much difficulty and are perhaps the most easily led of the lesser slaadi. Sexual blues have a slight preference for their own color as mates, although a female pink is usually considered equally desirable. Blues aspire to be greens, admire azures and have feuds with reds and male pinks. HCP blue slaadi can infect a creature with a strange lycanthropic disease that will trasform it into a red slaad. If it has arcane, psionic or divine powers, it is instead transformed into a green, pink or purple slaad, respectively. A blue slaadi surviving 100 years occasionally becomes a green slaad over the course of 12 months.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Green Slaad
    |
    Gray Slaad
    |
    Green Slaad

[/table]
    Green slaadi are much more intelligent than the other lesser slaad. Obsessed with magical power, they seek it out eagerly. Though able to cooperate with one another and with higher slaadi, greens are generally arrogant, condescending and self-centred when it comes to other beings. Greens and grays have a sub-society within Limbo catering to the acquisition and demonstration of magic. While other slaad castes find this unappetizing as a whole, greens and grays take great pleasure in it. These chaotic venues see many green slaad births. A green slaad surviving for more than a century goes into isolation for a year, returning as a smaller, leaner gray slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Purple Slaad
    |
    Azure Slaad
    |
    Purple Slaad

[/table]
    Purple slaadi are constantly swimming through the chaos of Limbo, seeking nothing more than pure energy. They are attracted to power, and may seek out or travel with those who wield it. Purple slaadi are self-interested and oblivious, though notably not as erratic as their brethren. Sexual reproductive slaadi are less likely to want to mate with a purple, though gendered budding slaad have no such bias. Purples are otherwise well-tolerated in slaad circles. A purple surviving at least two centuries may go into isolation for a year, returning as a purple-mottled azure slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Special Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Gray Slaad
    |
    Yellow Slaad
    |
    Death Slaad
    |
    Gray Slaad

[/table]
    Gray slaadi are sly, clever and studious. Seemingly absorbed in thought, grays rarely display overt chaotic tendencies. Rather, they are simply focused and self-interested. Grays are moderately adept at social interaction, however, though their urge to manipulate can get in the way. Grays are idolized by greens and often work in tandem with them, and get along famously with oranges. Lesser slaad do not interest them, although they find pinks to be close peers. Purples annoy them. Gray slaadi infamously prefer social contact with mortals, and are noted for preferring their own color when mating. A gray surviving at least a century may vanish for a year, returning as a yellow slaad. Many, however, attempt to access the secrets that will give them the power of a death slaad. Few succeed.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Pink Slaad
    |
    Azure Slaad
    |
    Pink Slaad

[/table]
    Pink slaadi are highly intelligent as a caste. Female pink slaadi have been known to carry on relationships with humanoids, as they are considered the comeliest of slaad by most humanoid viewpoints. They are also highly sought after as mates by many other castes, especially purples, who are intrigued by their psionic ability. (The feeling is not mutual.) Male pinks conflict with many other castes' males, but generally get on well enough with nongendered slaadi and budders. Overall, pink slaadi are considered the most sociable slaadi, and comport well in any gender with greens and grays, although they disdain reds and fear death slaadi. A pink slaadi surviving two centuries may retreat into isolation for a year, returning as a pink-mottled azure slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Special Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Orange Slaad
    |
    Yellow Slaad
    |
    Azure Slaad
    |
    Orange Slaad

[/table]
    Orange slaadi are jovial and outgoing, easy to get along with and less savage than many of their brethren. Considered highly entertaining by many in the multiverse, the merry oranges are likely to take to adventuring like fish to water. The term "rutting orange boars" has been heard in Sigil in reference to this caste. Though loathed by red and blue slaadi and the bane of male sexual reporductive pinks, oranges are otherwise reasonably popular among the slaad. Grays in particular use the as the muscle of their operations. Death slaadi tend to see oranges as a nascent threat, and act accordingly. An orange slaad surviving at least 100 years retreats into a deep pocket of Limbo, returning a year later as a yellow slaad. Rarely, some freak accident of chaos will empower an orange, turning it into an orange-mottled azure slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Special Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Death Slaad
    |
    White Slaad
    |
    Slaad Lord?
    |
    Gray Slaad

[/table]
    Death slaadi have been tainted by evil in their quest for murderous power. Attaining deadly abilities through a secret, dark ritual, death slaadi are fundamentally identical to gray slaadi physically. Indeed, they even give birth to gray slaadi. Of all the slaad, death slaadi are by far the most vicious; they revel in their savage killing prowess and enjoy demonstrating their lethality to one another. Most lesser slaad races fear them outright; greater slaadi will instead confront or challenge them. A clash between a death slaad and a greater slaad can level large areas and do dramatic collateral damage. The only slaad race that death slaadi fear are the mysterious indigos, as well as the whites and blacks that they aspire to become. A death slaad who survives at least a century may become a white slaad after a year of isolation. However, many death slaadi aspire to the secrets of scouring their own darkness, acquiring the powers of true chaos and becoming Slaad Lords.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Yellow Slaad
    |
    Azure Slaad
    |
    Green Slaad

[/table]
    Yellow slaadi are catlike, expressing deep curiousity while being laconic, slovenly and lazy. When riled, yellow slaadi are fierce combatants, and lesser slaadi foolish enough to challenge them often experience the bizarre sensation of being able to see the backs of their own necks. Yellow slaadi are aware of this superiority, and their condescending attitude makes them generally impatient. However, yellows despise death slaadi, as well as whites and blacks, and will go out of their way to take one down. Though young slaadi will find yellows fascinating, more experienced ones know that the average yellow is dumb as a post. A yellow slaadi that survives at least 100 years may depart and return a year later as an azure slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Azure Slaad
    |
    Indigo Slaad
    |
    As prior caste
    [/table]
    Azure slaadi, after death slaadi, are most commonly cited as the leaders of the slaad. Conventionally considered the most powerful, azures are speed deomns in search of the ultimate thrills. Azures are often found roaming dangerous planes and surfing wildspace. They can use their azure aura to fuel specially altered spelljamming helms. In Limbo, an azure is as likely to be causing the trouble as stopping it. They are often viewed as slaad celebrities, not least of which for their favorite sport, "Red-Sleeting". Azures are considered the best parents, even more so for budded offspring than sexual offspring, as they actually do care greatly for their children and are relatively faithful to their co-parents. An azure lasting at least a century may recede into the deep chaos of Limbo for a year; at the end of that time, they return as indigo slaadi.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

White Slaad
    |
    Black Slaad
    |
    Slaadish
    or as other parent
    [/table]
    White slaadi are aberrations. Frothing chaos, these beasts are generally ostracized from the greater slaad mass, and they like it that way. Lesser slaadi are generally terrified of whites, although oranges, yellows and azures will stand against them. Whites fear only indigos, blacks and slaad lords. A white slaad surviving at least a century may go into isolation, returning a year later as a black slaad.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Special Ascendancy
    |
    Birth

Indigo Slaad
    |
    Slaad Lord?
    |
    Slaadish
    or as prior caste
    [/table]
    Indigo slaadi are the highest caste of base slaad. Smaller than most of their brethren, these smooth, mostly featureless indigo humanoids, with their wicked golden talons, exude an aura of dominating entropy that signals other slaad to beware. It is quite rare for other slaadi to interact with an indigo, and so social patterns have not been codified. What is known is that indigos brook no challenge from death, white or black slaadi, and will aim to kill any such that are nearby. Slaadi as a whole are more terrified of a death slaad, but that has been put down to recognizability. Indigos only show confusion or distraction when they accidentally expose their environment to their void body. It is theoretically possible, and held as likely by planar intellectuals, that indigos could somehow become slaad lords, though of the five on record, none has done so in this fashion.

{table=head]
    Caste
    |
    Birth

Black Slaad
    |
    Greater Slaadish
    or as other parent
    [/table]
    Black slaadi are aberrations. Frothing chaos, these beasts are generally ostracized from the greater slaad mass, and they like it that way. Lesser slaadi are generally terrified of blacks, although oranges, yellows and azures will stand against them. Blacks respect the power of indigos, and are cautious around slaad lords. Most black slaadi consider themselves the epitome of power and strength in Limbo.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2008-10-16 at 10:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Muahahaha! I have captured the link to this page, which will forever dwell within the confines of my campaign setting!

You've been yoinked, afroakuma. I can't make a campaign setting without including the madness of your (much improved) Limbo, now can I?
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2008-10-16 at 09:40 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Powers of Limbo

Limbo is generally inchoate to powers and pantheons, but some deities have taken up permanent residence, generally in Turbidis. A deity has a mostly stable realm that remains so even when the power is not present.

Elven Pantheon (Seldarine)
    Fenmarel Mestarine - Fennimar

Faerunian Pantheon (Forgotten Realms)
    Leira (dead; realm still stands) - Courts of Illusion
    Red Knight - Knight's Rest (shared)
    Shaundakul - Shaunadaur
    Tempus - Knight's Rest

Greek Pantheon
    Atlas (trapped) - Horizon's End [Hypervista]

Indian Pantheon
    Agni - Swarga
    Vayu - Swarga
    Indra - Swarga

Japanese Pantheon
    Susanoo - the Globe of Raging Chaos
    Shina-Tsu-Hiko - Windshome

Khorvain Pantheon (Eberron)
    The Traveler (speculative) - no fixed realm

Krynnish Pantheon (Dragonlance)
    Sirrion - the Flame Void

Oeridian Pantheon (Greyhawk)
    Llerg (Suel) - Beasthaven
    Procan - Seasedge
    Ralishaz - Kiss of Luck
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2010-06-27 at 11:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Hierarchy of the Slaadi is up but incomplete. I'll finish it later tonight.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Planar Powers and Hierarchy of the Slaad are done.

Only two things to go!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

By the way Afroakuma, I've been wondering. How would the Galadius have reacted to Limbo being divided into Turbidis and Hypervista?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I'm imagining they would have been on the fence with that one. On the one hand, the segregation basically pulled the ordered chaos from the disordered chaos, creating structures that were already there but hidden.

On the other hand, planar layer-shifting is a big no-no.

So I would say that they reacted just as they did for Arcadia's similar problem. They tried to stop it, then tried to fix it and now have to enforce its existence.

29. - Top - End - #179

That is just the strangest thing... Red and Blue slaad hate each other SO much... And yet one spawns the other. Well thats a chaotic paradox if I ever heard one. Good on ya Afro Akuma

And I think you have the hierarchy set up oddly. Theoretically, a mud slaad could acsend all the way up to a slaad lord, or at the very least an indigo slaad. I don't think that's bad, just a little strange. Though with all the weird stuff going on in Limbo these days, I suppose that makes sense.

EDIT: Come to think of it, if that actually WAS happening, the more paranoid and selfish slaad lords would probably want to have a few words with him. And by "have a few words with him", I of course mean "eat him."
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2008-10-16 at 11:44 PM.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #180
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello again,
    I'd like to throw in some more complexity/chaos to this thread.

I've been wondering about Slaad genders. How exactly do female slaad give birth? Do they lays eggs like the giant frogs they are, or is it live birth?

Perhaps another table is needed?
    Marvel at my IMPRESSIVE (and Expensive) collection of Discworld Books!!!