New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Ideas For half dragon?

Hi,
    I'm going to play an campaign and my Dm oked me playing a half dragon.
    so I was wondering what fun classes i could play being a halfdragon.
    I was thinking a ninja, got to love turning up behind a creature and doing a breath attack.

But i'm sure you can come up with far more fun then that.

Info you can use all the player hand books and all the complet books (ex. complet advanturer? etc)

thanks in advance hobbes56.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ideas For half dragon?

Im afraid you're not being specific enough.
    Do you want a fun class? a funny class? an original class? an optimum class?

What do you want to do exactly? Maybe then I can come up with some suggestions.

My personal likes would be paladin, warlock, ninja, scout, favoured soul and druid.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Ideas For half dragon?

Half-Dragon is a very weak template. The huge level adjustment not only cripples you in terms of class features (you are 4 levels behind anyone else of equal level, and the stat bonuses do not close the gap any more than a hair) and leaves you vulnerable to attacks and spells.

A better choice would be Dragonic or Dragonborn (both from Races of the Dragon). Dragonborn have an almost identical feel to Half-Dragon, but is a much better choice in terms of building your character. Dragonic gives several stat boosts and allows you to take the Savage Progression levels found in the same book (which still cripples you, but considerably less than the point-blank +4 LA).

Try to convince your DM to allow Races of the Dragon. It is the better choice.