A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Posting Pictures?!?!!?

What are the rules regarding putting pictures in posts here? Meaning if I wanted to share some pictures of a miniature I've painted may I do so? All pictures will be under 100kb.

Just wanted to check before I did so.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Posting Pictures?!?!!?

I'm gonna step in here some, but Rich might want to talk about copyright infringement and such, which should be considered verboten.

I don't much care if you link pictures hosted on other servers. It doesn't materially affect my internet service. It is strongly suggested that you respect our users and not link huge pictures. And to restrict picture types to JPG, GIF or PNG (please don't use picture scripts that track users' activities).

If you're gonna link to Macromedia Flash Files, please be VERY considerate of file sizes.

If you're in doubt about file sizes, link to your pictures instead of embedding them in your post, that way people can opt-in.

3. - Top - End - #3

I'm talking about 2 or 3 pictures I took with my own digital camera........sizes range from 70kb-97kb. They are in .jpg format. Could I embed something like that in a post?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Assuming you have a server or other space that will link (i.e. not GeoCities), I personally don't care either way.
    Rich Burlew

A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2, the sixth set of monster miniatures for your tabletop gameŚnow including digital tokens to use in your favorite virtual tabletop. Available from Gumroad!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~