New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default TSR's Top Secret

When doing an inventory of stuff that belongs to my college's gaming society I came accross a box set of TSR's Top Secret system. I'm not sure how complete it is, but the core book and some splatbooks were there. All are in good condition and one is even unopened from it's plastic wrap. Would this be worth anything now? The college has given us permission to sell any old useless stuff and nobody is really interested in the system since it's kind of been forgotten about and spy style games are usually run in GURPS or some other system.
    Dub Club in the Playground
    I need a new signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: TSR's Top Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Jimp View Post
    When doing an inventory of stuff that belongs to my college's gaming society I came accross a box set of TSR's Top Secret system. I'm not sure how complete it is, but the core book and some splatbooks were there. All are in good condition and one is even unopened from it's plastic wrap. Would this be worth anything now? The college has given us permission to sell any old useless stuff and nobody is really interested in the system since it's kind of been forgotten about and spy style games are usually run in GURPS or some other system.
    You could look it up on e-bay and see if anyone is selling it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Probably not. But you might happen across a nerd who played the game as a child, sold or threw away the books, and now wants to recover their fond memories, only to be greatly disappointed. Like the Star Wars prequel or Indiana Jones 4.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bust it out and try it. Selling old gaming stuff is blasphemy.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

About $5. I enjoyed it as a kid, but I wouldn't use that system any more. I'd probably reread it for the cooking jokes...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya, it was a really bad game, as I recall.

I seem to remember not being able to find the XP table. You could get XP, but you didn't how much it took to gain a level...