Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Run to the North, FR (IC)

Placeholder thread for a PbP Formed outside of GiTP, but bringing itself here.
    Last edited by Wertible; 2008-10-19 at 02:11 AM.
    Three over, two under, one stumbling.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Run to the North, FR 3 player.

Aust Minileth, Half-Drow Bladesinger novice (Ftr4/Wiz1).

Born and raised in a temple of Eilistraee hidden in Cormanthor. His mother, Virelya, was a drow and High-priestess of Eilistraee. Aust never knew his father. His mother would only say that he was a human adventurer who left her two things: Aust in her womb and his longsword, Shatter.

With the other children being full drow's, childhood was a lonely one for Aust. The children his chronological age were comparative to human children younger than he. Those who were more his size looked down upon him as an overly large child. Isolated, Aust dove into books, especially history of the Empire of Cormanthyr. His favorite subject were the Elfblades of Cormanthyr, the three powerful swords forged thousands of years ago for the leaders of the ancient empire, all of which have been lost. Aust dreamed of being the one who would find an elfblade.

When Aust wasn't reading he was training to become a Bladesinger. He excelled at his martial practices: the sword-work, the movements and music, but magic came slowly to him. His mentor also encouraged Aust to pick up the harp to help Aust find his spellsong.

On Aust's eighteenth birthday, the temple was destroyed in a drow raid. Aust was left for dead amidst the rubble of his home. With her last flicker of life, Aust's mother thrust a journal into his hands. The journal contained notes from hundreds of history books all giving clues to the location of the Artblade, one the fabled elfblades. Aust believe that the Artblade was the only way to rid his homeland of its evil plague of drow. Minileth gathered as many belongings as he could scavenge, including his father's sword, and left Cormathor for the first time.

For ten years, Aust followed the clues left in the journal all across Faerun. He journeyed from Cormanthor every nation around the Sea of Fallen Stars then after that he began to explore the Shining South. During his travels he took odd jobs to fund his hunt. He quickly discovered that those of drow descent weren't welcomed with open arms so his first investment was a hat of disguise.

In the waning months of the tenth year of his travels, Aust found himself in Turelve. His leads had all but dried up so he had taken up a job as a bouncer at The Turelven Teet, a seedy bar in the docks district. Unknown to Aust, the bar was a hidden base for a minor thieves guild. In an attempted raid by a rival guild, the bar was set aflame. Aust's journal caught fire as he hurriedly removed as many of his possessions as he could from the bar. The only pages of his journal that survived the fire were those that described the Artblade itself, none of his notes on its location.Crushed by the destruction of the fruits of his labors over the past ten years, Aust fell into drinking, becoming one of the belligerent drunken louts he had thrown out over the last few months.

During a particularly rowdy bar fight, Aust's fighting prowess was witnessed by Thalur. Walking out the door of the current tavern Aust was thrown out of, the caravan leader immediately offered an inebriated and bruised Aust a job as a caravan guard. Noticing his very empty coin purse, Aust readily agreed.

Goal
    If you haven't guessed. Aust believes that the only way to restore his lost home and rid Cormanthor of evil is by finding and being accepted by one of the Elfblades of Cormanthyr. He is particularily searching for the Artblade.

Physical Description
    5'5" with slightly muscular build and long arms for his height. Shaggy brown hair with white spots go a little past his eyes. His left eye is amber while the right is a pale blue. Due to Aust's rescent slide into depression, he's let his personal hygiene slide and allowed the growth a thin beard. Also because of the bar fight the day he was hired, Aust is currently sporting a black (left) eye and a split lip. Unless in need of a particular disguise, Aust only changes the color of his skin from gray to light tan. The hat of disguise Aust always wears has become his trademark. Almost everyone who knows him recognizes him by the large, floppy, wide-brimmed hat and his weasel familiar, Scraps, riding upon it.

Note
    Even though he's technically not yet of the Bladesinger class, Aust is refered to as a bladesinger by those who know him or of him. Any bladesinger that Aust could meet would refer to him as a novice because he still has yet to find his Spellsong

Because of his extensive research on the Elfblades, Aust knows the abilities of the swords as well as the requirements to wield them.
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-17 at 01:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Name: Quintillius Redblade, Lawful Good Paladin 2/Bard 2 (LA 1)

Quintillius, born in Damara in the year 1330 DR, was fascinated with the art of war from a young age. As soon as he learned to read, he began devouring histories. He was especially fascinated by the aspect of strategy. The fact that one man's decisions could change the entire course of a battle, or even an entire war intrigued him to no end.

As soon as he was of age, he joined the military, quickly moving though the ranks due to his sharp mind, as well as the unusual ability to think for himself. Soon after, the Witch King Zhengyi claimed power in Vaasa, throwing Damara into chaos, if not outright war just yet. When Quintillius turned 18, Damara was thrown into a decade of war when Zhengyi invaded.

Continuing to move through the ranks, as much because of a need for any decent commander in the war as his own talent, Quintillius soon became a well known sergeant, loved by his men, and responsible for the victory of several small battles and skirmishes.

Present at the Battle of Goliad in 1357 DR, Quintillion was forced to flee Damara after the defeat and death of King Virdin's army, leaving his wife and two sons behind.

After fleeing, Quintillius wandered over Faerun, always hopeful for news of Damara, in hope of an opportunity to go back and find his wife and sons. In his travels, partly because of a fear for his life, and partly because he is too humble to mention it, he has never revealed his true identity.

Around the year 1370 DR, Quintillius recieved a mysterious compulsion, leading him to a small cave in the mountains near Tethyr. There he met a small group of clerics who maintained a small shrine to a goddess known only the Red Knight. They directed him to discard all his earthly possessions, and enter into the cave. A week later, Quintillius emerged from the cave with no memories of what had happened. When he emerged though, he knew he wasn't the same. In his hands he held a greatsword of red-tinged steel, and round his neck hung a stone amulet carved in the shape of the Red Knight's symbol.

In addition to that, he felt a faint tingle of power in his bones, and when he saw his reflection blank, white, milky eyes stared back at him. The clerics told him that he had received a great gift from the deity, marking him as her champion. Beyond that, the only thing they told him was that the amulet around his neck would prevent him from feeling the effects of aging, as long as the god had need of him.

Quintillius continued wandering with no further instruction from his deity until 1373 DR, when he was compelled to join the caravan of one Thalur, leaving from the city of Turelve.

Notes:
    • Fiddle skill was picked up during stay in the military.
    • "gift from the goddess" is heavily refluffed Aasimar, if that wasn't obvious.
    • Bard levels should be thought of as an accumulation of his vast knowledge of military history, and his skill with the fiddle rather than being an actual bard. Magic should be considered another effect of the ritual.

Appearance:
    Tall, with greying hair down to his neck. A battered looking fiddle and a red greatsword are strapped to his back.
    Last edited by Whiplord; 2008-10-29 at 04:33 PM.

Eclipse, Servant of the Dark God. Servants of the Fallen
    Necrosis
    , True Necromancer, Unbound
    Xxzyx
    , Impure Prince, Seas of Change, Winds of Fate
    Quintillius, Paladin of the Red Knight, Run to the North

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mato Hiaw Harr
    Shaaryan Human
    Lawful Neutral
    Ranger 1 / Monk 4
    Order of the Sun Soul

Physical Description:

Iím short (5'4") and stocky (160 lb). My skin is a dark tan, and my hair is a dark brown, and kept short-cropped. I am 28 years old.

Backstory:

My father had connections to a Sun Soul monk, who bore the faint traces of Shaaryan characteristics. My father told me he had met him 20 years ago in Innarlith (when he was part of a trading group sent from our tribe). That monk came from a monastery in the Firesteap Mountains (near the northern border of the Shaar).

His monastery has a light kind of Buddhist/Zen feel to their approach -- they're nature connected, but mostly they use it as a means of contemplation. There are less than 15 monks at the monastery at any time. Most monks leave the monastery after training to travel Faerun, and many do this after every five years at the monastery. The monk met my father when he was on such a journey.

My father had extended an offer to the monk to come meet his tribe at a later time, and the monk, after many years, came back to take him up on his offer. For a year, the monk traveled around the Shaar with our clan. During this time, I showed great interest in the monk, and, given that my tribe shows respect for youth who wish to explore the world, the monk made a standing offer to take me back with him. I was 10 when I went to the monastery with the monk.

In my upbringing in the Shaar, I became skilled in horse archery and hunting. During my training at the monastery, I learned the focus and inner power of a monk, but I never let go of my love of horses and the plains of my childhood. Upon completion of my training, I went off to travel Faerun, taking my horse, Jin. After completing my training at the monastery, I went south through the Shaar, down to Luiren (where I learned how to swim, and I explored the Lluirwood and the Toadsquat Mountains. In Estagund, I stayed in Chavyondat and Vaelan. At Vaelan, I joined a merchant ship called The Joy of Vaelan, on which I was a crew member on a voyage along the coast to Cathtyr (in Dambrath) and back. The ship dropped me at port in Turelve, where I heard that a man called Thalur was looking for guards for his caravan to estagun. As I had never made the journey from Durpar to Estagund by land, I decided to approach Thalur for the job.

Raison d'etre:

Exploration. Nature, humanity, and a bit of zen.

Some other notes:

• Shaaryan humans seemed a bit like a cross between Mongols and Plains Indians, so my name is actual the Sioux word for "Bear" (Mato)
    • My current horse, Jin, is an offspring of the horse I rode when I left the Shaar. I maintained a small stable at the monastery as part of my daily chores.
    Last edited by stipes; 2008-10-17 at 01:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(Well, here it goes)
    The room is lit by several small lanterns hung from the ceiling, revealing the sight of dark wooden walls which seem to reflect the light strongly despite their natural feel. It is a small, yet comfortable commons, around 30 feet x 40 feet, with 5 small tables and a bar that stretches the eastern side. Looking around, you recognize Thalur at a small table near the back, opposite the southern entrance. He is very distinctive, a sizable dwarf, roughly 5' 3", with a strong gray beard accented by a crescent scar that spans the distance between his eye and his lip. His dark brown eyes seem to glimmer almost black in this light reflecting the light well. His green robes flow over him, the insignia of a chaka embroidered on his back. He sits, smoking a small pipe, the fringe of his hood lost in the smoke. A young man sits, resting, at the table next to Thalur. He seems a bit scrappy, with rough black hair and an outfit that reeks of commoner. The only discerning difference seems to be the dagger sheathed at his right side.

"Come on Jamie, listen up! I'm not paying you to sleep at the tables!"

"Yes sir, Shall, I'll handle it proper."

The young man, evidently Jamie, immediately begins to wax the table next to you at a feverish pace. A short man, approximately 5' 6", stands at the bar, watching him. He has a strong expression, with a shrunken nose, and a dirty grin stretched to fill the space. Unfortunately, the missing teeth don't help. He turns to you, with hazel eyes, and beckons you inward.

"You look like one of the lads Thalur was talking about. He reserved the commons for ya meetin, he did. Come, come, sit!"

As you take your seat, the rest of the group start to file in.

A human, standing near even with Thalur and having as much bulk to his body, his eyes seem to pierce whatever they touch straight to the core, a bow rests on his back, visible over his short brown hair which is matched only by his strongly tan skin. His steady demeanor seems to radiate cautiousness and understanding as he slowly steps in to take his seat.

A half elf floats in along with the strong scent of alcohol. He also seems a bit short, standing 5' 5", with a strong muscular build. A large and floppy hat stands on his head, a weasel piloting it like the captain of a ship. Despite this almost dwarfing his other features, he sports a split lip and a black eye which are only matched by the scruffiness of his thin beard and miskept hair, both of which seem to be brown. His hair seems to have mixed white spots near the tips, though no matching features are found in his beard. He sits quickly, almost struggling for balance, slouching toward Thalur.

A human, standing far above everyone else in height, approaches the table steadily. His gray hair stretches down past his head and well into his neck. He has both a large greatsword and a small, battered, fiddle strapped across his back. His eyes are a shocking pearly white and seem to bear down on their target with an intense feeling of experience. He swiftly sets himself down at the table and crosses his arms in a formal manner.

Thalur raises his head and speaks slowly, gesturing with his right hand around the table.

"Alright boys, why don't you introduce yourselves?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aust's head begins to fall forward and is immediatly halted by his arm propped up by the table. Shifting his head to rest on his palm, he speaks in something between a mumble and a growl.

"M'name Aust Minileth, I'm a half-d-elf out of Cormanthor and this," Aust reaches his other hand up to scratch the weasel captain of his hat-ship, " is Scraps, my familiar"

Aust winces as he feels the weasel take a light nip at his finger. The weasel sends him feelings of indignity, to which Aust scowls. His eyes roll upward, as if he can see his familiar through his skull.

"Excuse me, I mean my reliable partner and long time friend."

Sucking on his bleeding finger, Aust gazes around the table and speaks past the bloody apendage,

" So who are you lovable louts?"
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-18 at 07:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

It had already been a long day by the time Quintillius walked into the dimly lit inn commons. In an act of born of many years on the road, he quickly darts his eyes around the room, in order to get a once over of his surroundings. What he sees isn't much. A medium space, with a few old but well serving tables, and a battered but shiny bar along one wall.

His eyes move on from the surroundings to the occupants. He quickly glosses over the innkeeper and the lad who's either the innkeep's son, or a local boy. They seem uninteresting and pose no threat from the looks of it. Finally his eyes settle on Thalur, the reason Quintillius was here in the first place.

I am continually struck by how large he is for a dwarf... Quintillius mused wryly to himself.

With a steady stride he moves over to the table and settles at Thalur's table, in a chair that looks roughly as old as he is. Although he had been aware of their presence from the start, only now does he turn to examine the two presences he had felt behind him. So. These were to be his fellow travelers... He ran his eyes up and down, not bothering to hide his examination. A human, looking to hail from the plains. Quintillius judged the bow on his back to be anything but an empty threat. And.. a drunk half elf.

Quintillius' nose wrinkled in distaste at the smell of alcohol that poured off the half elf. That one's trouble if I ever saw it.. He thought to himself. But then again, Thalur must have had a reason to hire him. He would have to try and accept the both of them if any work was to be done. And he had to admit, the weasel perched so proudly atop the man's hat brought a small smile to his face.

Quickly schooling his expression, he adopted a formal posture. Best to keep this as business like as possible, at least at first.. The others quickly take places at the table, and Quintillius opens his mouth to speak... But is quickly cut off by the half-elf. Aust apparently. Quintillius noted the hesitation in speech, but could make nothing of it.

Shoving away the annoyance at being interrupted, Quintillius introduced himself. "Pleased to make your acquaintance... Aust. And best of the day to you as well, trusted companion Scraps. My name is Quintillius Redblade. My friends call me Quin, so you all can call me Quintillius." He smiles to take any bite out of the words. "I'm sure we'll be on nickname basis in no time though." Finishing his initial introduction, he turns expectantly towards the plainsman. He had to admit a curiosity towards the man.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Such a dry joke

As Quin turns toward the plainsman, Aust sits up straight and says,

"Aw come on Quin! Gotta say where you're from at least. I mean where does one get eyes like those?"

Scraps quickly sends Aust feelings and images that could be translated into

Master I don't this is the best idea, he could clearly wipe the floor with you.

Nonsence! I'm being witty and sociable. Aust thinks back

Like you were with that half-orc yesterday?

Half-orcs just don't have a sense of humor.
    Aust thinks as he nurses his split lip.

Realizing he was having a mental coversation with his familiar in public surrounded by strangers, Aust straightens up again and smiles broadly at Quin.
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-19 at 02:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Hiding a scowl and a sigh, he turns back to the drunk caster. I knew this would happen... He sighs in his head instead.

"Why, that's a good question Aust. I guess you could say I'm from all over the place." He gives a tight smile and turns back to the human.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Run to the North, FR (IC)

Aust scowls at Quin,

"Why that's a good question, Aust"? He's treating me like I'm a child!

Well you are quite drunk and acting like an annoying halfling child.
    Scraps shoots back

Opening his mouth to reply indignantly to Quin's supposed condescension, Aust stops and thinks about what his familiar just said.

True enough, I'll shut my yap for now.

True to his words, Aust closes his mouth and rests his chin on the palm of his hand again to watch the introductions underway.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mato looks at Aust, somewhat intrigued by him staring at his weasel. Well, at least there's someone to remind me of my time spent on the Joy of Vaelen... Not a bad thing, I guess.

"After your bickering, I think it will suffice for me to tell you my name is Mato, and I have been a traveler for quite some time."

He scans the group gathered in the commons, and stretches his arms over his head. "So... what'll it be? If our friend here wants to have some fun, I'd recommend he do it when sober. But for the moment, why don't we listen to Thalur a bit, eh?"

Mato settles onto the stool with his legs crossed underneath him, and looks intently at Thalur.
    Last edited by stipes; 2008-10-19 at 11:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Unfortunately for you gents, this is most likely a fairly boring job. All we're going to do is head southwest. First, along the coast, then, branching downward toward the cusp of the mountains, meeting up with the trail that'll bring us across the river, and then we just follow a lesser known path straight across into Chavyondat."

He takes a strong puff of his pipe, leaning forward and scanning the group before continuing.

"Although I say this is most likely boring, there is always the possibility that we are ambushed either by bandits in one of our rests, or by a raiding pack of monsters near the mountains. I'm hiring you boys as insurance that my client receives his goods on time and as demanded."

Looking forward, he enters a stance not unlike that of a barterer at a meat table in the market, his eyes glance each man up and down quickly before continuing slowly.

"All that's really left to discuss... is payment. What d'you ask for?"
    Last edited by Wertible; 2008-10-20 at 02:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quintillius acknowledges the plainsman--Mato--with nod only, seeing that Thalur is preparing to speak.

After Thalur finishes speaking, Quintillius gives a small laugh. "Boring is fine by me! I've seen enough excitement in my days." Turning serious, he continues. "However, that is not to say I won't do everything in my power to see that you and your cargo reach their destination safely." Looking around at the faces of his erstwhile companions, he finishes. "As for payment, I don't much care. I'm in this for the travel. That said, I doubt everyone here shares my feelings, so I'll let these two decide that with you."

With that, he folds his arms again and leans back into his chair.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"One thousand gold." Aust says in a monotone. After that he leans back in his chair in an attempt to copy Quin's poster but just ends up slouching in his chair.

Master, don't you think you're asking for too much?

Probably but this is why we haggle

Then you shouldn't be talking to me in the middle of negotiations!

Oh shi-

Noticing everyone's stares, Aust straightens up, smiles and says,

"Oh, yes and some warm milk for Scraps every night. Counter-offer?"

From the helm of the hat-ship, Scraps gives a squeak of agreement and sends Aust feelings of warmth and appreciation.
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-20 at 11:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Warm milk? One thousand gold?"

His eyes seem to pummel Aust down into the ground.

"No, counteroffer: You guys keep whatever you find if someone attacks us. I'll provide a clean shelter, fresh food and drink, as well as free travel with me to Chavyondat. If you need hard paying work, I can introduce you to certain friend of mine there."

His eyes seem to lift some of their pressure as his body relaxes.

"Oh, and I'll pay for Aust to get a shave, haircut, and perhaps some first aid. Besides that, I've thrown my offer on the table. What's your say?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"You have yourself a deal!" Aust exclaims with a smile, knocking his chair back as he stands up and offers a hand to Thalur.

So much for haggling.
    Scraps thinks as he places a paw on his muzzle.
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-20 at 01:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thalur hastily shakes Aust's hand and motions toward the chair on the ground.

"You're rather outspoken aren't you. Take a seat. I think it's best that we hear everyone's answer before we finalize the entire deal."

He shifts slightly to take another puff from his pipe.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mato looks at Thalur, and simply says, "I had worse as a shiphand, so why not."

19. - Top - End - #19

Not moving from his relaxed posture, Quintillius speaks. "As I said: It's up to those two."
    Last edited by Whiplord; 2008-10-20 at 07:26 PM.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Good, then I believe we're agreed on the terms. I've made arrangements for you to stay the night here. Talk to Shall and he'll give you the keys to the two rooms upstairs. Sorry, but it appears you'll have to share. We will leave at dawn, prepare everything you wish to bring before then."

Thalur quickly rises to leave.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aust stares at the keys

"Well gents I do believe that neither of you want to wake up in the same room as a spellcaster with a hangover, so I'll just be taking the single room."

Before the others can say anything, Aust grabs one of the room keys and stumbles his way up the stairs and into the room. Locking the door behind him, Aust removes his hat, weasel and all, and sets it on the bed. As he moves to the other side of the bed, Aust sees the floor rush up to meet him. Rolling over he sees Scraps peering over the bed.

Master, I think it's time you stop drinking.
    Scraps sends Aust feelings of concern.

"I think you are correct my friend." Aust says out loud. "Why did I start drinking anyway?"

Memories return to Aust of a burning journal. His hopes, dreams, and only goal in life, gone in a puff of smoke.

"Oh... right, that."

The depression is mercifully cut short as Aust slips into unconsciousness on the floor.
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-20 at 11:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Standing up, and giving a silent blessing to the Red Knight that he doesn't need to share with the caster, Quin grabs the other keyring, and turns to Mato. "Well... I guess it's going to be me and you then."

I can't help but wonder what kind of company he'll be... He seems a rather dour fellow... Oh well, I just want to sleep anyways.

With that, he heads up to the room.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mato catches Quin before he heads off to the room. "I have something to attend to before I retire. Could you leave the door unlocked until I return?"

(On receiving confirmation from Quin)

Mato walks outside to where his horse, Jin, is stabled. Pulling out a brush from his pack, he brushes down the animal with a rhythmic calm. "It will feel good to get back on the road, Jin. Our companions may be an interesting group, but on the road, that can be a good thing. Be sure to get a good rest tonight." Mato fills up the trough next to Jin, and then heads back to the inn.

He goes to his room, and enters quietly, not knowing if Quin is asleep.

24. - Top - End - #24

Looking back over his shoulder, Quintillius acknowledges Mato. "Of course. I'm likely going straight to sleep though."

True to his word, Quintillius immediately drifts off into a slumber till morning.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aust wakes before dawn with a very bad headache. He opens his eyes, trying to remember where he is, when he feels a familiar warm lump on his chest. Looking to his chest he sees Scraps curled up on his sternum.

"Good morning little one" Aust grumbles.

Scraps perks up at the rumbling of his current nesting spot.
    Good morning master! Sober?
    The weasel sends across their link as he scrambles off of Aust and onto the bed.

"Sadly yes" Groans Aust as he picks him self up off the floor. He slowly shuffles over to his bag and retrieves his spellbook and prepares his spells for the day. (lvl 0 Prestidigitationx2, Detect Magic. lvl 1 Mage Armor, Critical Strike)

After an hour Aust closes the book and stumbles over to a water basin to wash his face. The reflection in the water is not a pleasant one. Aust rubs his beard and says,

"Well I suppose Thalur was going to pay for my shave and a haircut but maybe if I do it myself he'll be pleased enough."

With a wave of a hand and some words Aust casts his first spell and his beard disappears. A second casting of the same spell cleans and shortens Aust's hair by an inch.

"There we go, I look as good as the day I walked out of Cormanthor. Although these bruises won't do."

Aust places one hand on his belt the other on his face and invokes a charge of the positive energy stored in the belt to heal his face. In a flash of light his left eye un-swells and his split lip is knit back together albeit leaving a scar.

After packing all of his things, strapping all of his equipment on and placing the weasel-carrying hat on his head, Aust steps out the door and into the commons. Seeing that he is the first of his party to arrive and the fact that he still has a splitting headache, Aust sits down and pulls out the thing that always helps him relax, his harp. Aust begins to play.

Perform(String Instrument) /http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1780627/
    Last edited by Plasma Snake; 2008-10-22 at 03:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quintillius awakes shortly after Aust, feeling slightly refreshed if not completely well rested. He quietly climbs out of bed, and pulls on his clothes, grabbing his sword, and, as an afterthought, his fiddle. He leaves the rest of his things in the room with the (presumably) still slumbering Mato.

Softly leaving the room, Quintillius heads down to the common room, where he sees the shaven and trimmed Aust bent intently over his harp, with the ever present Scraps keeping close watch.

Perhaps there's something to the youth after all...

Watching in silence for awhile, it only takes a quick minute of debate with himself before he brings up his fiddle, and begins a soft and haunting accompaniment.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mato wakes up around the same time as Quin, and gathers his belongings. After his bag is packed, Mato settles on the floor of the room to perform his morning meditation.

The sound of music from the commons greets him as he lets his mind come back to the physical world. I have a feeling I am to be pleasantly surprised this morning. Who knows. Maybe surprise is the wrong word...

Mato stretches as he rises from the floor, grabs his belongings, and follows the sound of the music.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As Mato arrives in the commons, so does Thalur. It is still dark out, and the air permeating the place is crisp and cold. Noticing the music, Thalur, still wearing the same green cloak, hobbles over and sits down. His dark eyes glimmer as he listens to the song. Noticing Mato, he retrieves a small package from the inside of his cloak. He whispers toward Mato.

"Come here Mato, I've got something for us to eat and enjoy."

He unwraps the package to reveal a small loaf of bread, wrapped in a leaf that has a sharp slit cut in it. The smell is almost enchanting as he takes it and breaks it into two pieces, offering one toward Mato.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Ah. Thank you. 'tisn't a bad way to get up on the dawn before setting off on the road, music and fresh bread," Mato says, as he walks over to Thalur, accepting his hospitality. "It seems that Aust took your advice of cleaning up. He seems to have more to him than can first be seen."

Mato relaxes as he enjoys the fresh morning air and the duet. "So, when do we head out on this fine morn? I'd like a bit of time to prepare my horse before we must go."

30. - Top - End - #30

Quintillius barely registers the presence of the two as they enter, merely acknowledging mentally that they did in fact enter, so caught in the song is he.

He continues playing, until he catches a whiff of the bread behind him. Still playing, and with his back turned, he says, "I hope you were planning on giving us hard working musicians something..."

He adjusts his playing ever so slightly, so that his accompaniment begins to take on a threatening and ominous tone, while still playing the same tune.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx