New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #603 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragoon View Post
    Wait, since Celia is an Outsider that was Summoned to the material plane... doesn't that mean that if she's "killed", she's really just returned to her home plane?
    Depends on house rules here, and the needs of the plot. However, it is almost certain it is not "cast summons spell and she's back and everything is fine".
    Celia is treating the situation as serious. She is not saying "By the way, you need to use a summons spell to get me back." She is saying "You are going to need magic beyond your ability to get me back." Now we could have her stuck on her home plan and the party needing to do a rescue to get her back. But it is not going to be anything routine.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I do remember that Celia was summoned to the Material Plane via that star-shaped amulet she gave to Roy (though he wasn't the one to use it). So, her line just seemed a bit strange to me. If she was returned to her home plane, a "Raise Dead" spell wouldn't really be necessary, so why did she bring it up?

Oh well, speculation speculation speculation...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

I still haven't really heard a valid argument why Celia couldn't just "unsummon" hersellf, other than loyalty to Haley. It seems (to me) that Celia doesn't have a great deal to worry about if she is able to vanish back home just before a death blow is struck.

Would Celia be restricted to the Elemental Plane of Air for a lengthy period of time if she took a runner?
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

To the best of my knowledge, you can be un-summoned with no real effect on yourself. However, I know that in Faerun, if a creature summoned from another plane is killed in the material plane, he is unable to be summoned to the material plane again for 100 years, unless willed to do so by the person who defeated him. I'm not sure if this holds up in other campaign settings (Greyhawk, Ebberon, etc.), so I can't be sure if it carries over into the OotS world.